This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ancients sleeping on the job????

why is it that the ancients always seem to stop people from using there technology apart from when we found atlantis????????

It's their city!!! They don't want to stop their own people from being able to use the city.

Comment

dont they not think other races are capable or advanced enough to work their technology?
      I seem to remember them saying something like that to oneill once

Comment

Maybe they think that thier decendants have a chance of defeating the wraith?

Or....

They are waiting to see if the Atlantis team will use the technology they have access to appropriately....?

Comment

Originally posted by airfro
          why is it that the ancients always seem to stop people from using there technology apart from when we found atlantis????????
          They don't give a crap about what they left behind.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
            They don't give a crap about what they left behind.
            I wouldn't either if I ascended.

Comment

They certainly don't care about people using the Stargate System. The Ancients seem to care more about what their own are doing, than what is going on in the rest of the universe. From what I can tell, they are rather amoral and unappealing as a race.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
                They certainly don't care about people using the Stargate System. The Ancients seem to care more about what their own are doing, than what is going on in the rest of the universe. From what I can tell, they are rather amoral and unappealing as a race.
                Really? I like them.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by airfro
                  Well, I haven't seen any ancients jumping in front of something when a person wanted to use it and beating them down, but if you mean the whole "Ancient gene" thing they probably just didn't want their technology to fall into the wrong hands... and they're very, very greedy
                  Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
                  RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                    Really? I like them.
                    Hehe, they are nifty at times. But they don't exactly care all that much about the mess they leave behind at times.

Comment

The whole reason behind the ascension thing was to get away from it all and leave "it" behind; especially that one badass wraith...what was his name? Oh yeah, Steve! The only thing we haven't left behind is our petty politics.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

maybe they just don't care

Comment

Originally posted by lord-anubis
                          maybe they just don't care
                          Exactly my point. Atlantis is physical. They aren't. They're too good to be bothered with physical things now that they are all noncoporial and glowy.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
                            Exactly my point. Atlantis is physical. They aren't. They're too good to be bothered with physical things now that they are all noncoporial and glowy.
                            what i just remember some thing they can't do a thing beacsue they would be breaking the own rlues as long no othwe noncoporial and glowy thing interfear with atlantis they can't do a thing if they did they would break there own rlues

Comment

Originally posted by lord-anubis
                              what i just remember some thing they can't do a thing beacsue they would be breaking the own rlues as long no othwe noncoporial and glowy thing interfear with atlantis they can't do a thing if they did they would break there own rlues
                              This is true. Guess being a non-coporial glowy thing isn't what it's cracked up to be.

Comment

Working...
                              X