Odd Gate dialling sequence in 'Bad Guys'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odd Gate dialling sequence in 'Bad Guys'

This caught my eye when i re-watched the episode. When they are manually dialling the gate, the chevrons light up from the bottom left and proceed clockwise (For some reason missing the top chevron). However, typically, the gate activated from top right, proceeding clockwise around and skipping the bottom two chevrons.

Even weirder was the fact that they only dialled 6 symbols before the gate activated.

Anyone else notice that?

The top chevron is always the PoO. But on all other counts you're right. Just one of thsoe things.

Also BIG RED BUTTON = PoO GET IT RIGHT PEOPLE.

Comment

The 7th chevron ...is also LIT UP.

Sorry, I had to do that. I keep hearing Gary's line in my head all the time.

I now return you to your normal programming.

Comment

This has to be one of the funnier epsiodes I've ever seen, especially when it comes to Jackson, so don't ruin it for me with all this techno babal.

Comment

Originally posted by Hairy_Little_Muffin View Post
          This has to be one of the funnier epsiodes I've ever seen, especially when it comes to Jackson, so don't ruin it for me with all this techno babal.
          LOL. I loved it when he saqid to that girl, "Don't give me the eye!"
          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

And how did they spin the inner ring if part of the stargate was in the floor?

Wasn't it stuck with the concrete or whatever material they used?

Comment

Did anyone else notice the Earth PoO symbol on the DHD replica?

Comment

Originally posted by Ranlier View Post
                Did anyone else notice the Earth PoO symbol on the DHD replica?
                I did, but they had it upside down. That would suggest that someone on that world did a drawing of Earth's PoO rather than their own.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by trainedsniper View Post
                  And how did they spin the inner ring if part of the stargate was in the floor?

Wasn't it stuck with the concrete or whatever material they used?
                  Apparently not. Chances are, since the gate was real, then the base it rested on was the original, and had been transferred along with the gate to the museum.
                  Coming soon to Syfy and DVD... hopefully!

Comment

Originally posted by Esquin View Post
                    The top chevron is always the PoO. But on all other counts you're right. Just one of thsoe things.

Also BIG RED BUTTON = PoO GET IT RIGHT PEOPLE.
                    No it's not.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                      No it's not.
                      Indeed, the big red button is the activation not PoO, if it was the PoO they would constantly be dialing intergalactic addresses since they push 7 buttons and then the red .

The big red one is there to tell the gate that you pushed in the last symbol and it should dial that address (so the gate dosnt accidentally dial an interstellar address when you are pushing in an intergalactic one).

Comment

One of the problems I always see when manually dialing: How does the gate know when they need it to lock a chevron in when there is no DHD

Joe Mallozzi: "Like my grandmother used to say: Whenever a gate closes, a hyperspace window opens…"

Comment

Originally posted by markaudette View Post
                          The 7th chevron ...is also LIT UP.

Sorry, I had to do that. I keep hearing Gary's line in my head all the time.

I now return you to your normal programming.

SO do i, also it goes with I feel so Stupid
                          Originally posted by cowpants
                          ...you did it. I can't believe you actually did it. I am quite frankly astounded that you did it.

Thanks to you, I now want several mods to start mating with each other. I wanting to see what Moderator procreation will have in store for us.

And I thought that no one could get me to want this.

Congrats Mapp, you are officially the single most disturbed individual on GW.
                          Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                          Rosilin for pres

Comment

yeah they were out of order and why didnt mitchell move in the first place vala had to throw him

Comment

Originally posted by beale947 View Post
                              One of the problems I always see when manually dialing: How does the gate know when they need it to lock a chevron in when there is no DHD
                              It doesnt need a dhd. You simply turn the gate to the correct symbol then stop and it locks.
                              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Working...
                              X