Daniel in Atlantis? Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daniel in Atlantis? Discussion Thread

After season 9, do you think Daniel could transition to Atlantis? Do you think he would establish a good rapport with the Atlantis cast?

I think so. There's good chemistry between him and Weir and because Sheppard is rather like Jack-in-the-box I think he would hit it off with Shep too.

For the romancers (I hate ship - you stole our starship thread titles) Teyla and Jackson might add tension between shep, teyla and jackson.

Daniel would be the only reason I'd think to watch Atlantis. But, please, no triangles. If there's anything more loathsome than ship (which, on the rare occasion actually work) it's triangles which are never good. They reduce all the participants to juvenile, petty, asinine fools.

I've only seen one triangle done where people behaved like adults. Gilmore Girls, Luke, Lorelai, and Rachel. And, even that show ran true to form later with the Rory, Dean, and Jess debacle.
    I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

I don't think Daniel would fit in Atlantis. The atmosphere in that show is different, he would stick out like a sore thumb. He fits with the mood of SG-1. Besides, Atlantis doesn't need him, they ought to be able to manage without MS in it. Otherwise it just means the show and the cast is no good anyway.
      May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Comment

well, I suggested the triange solely to attract the comments of the shippers. Personally I despise all ship except daniel, shau'ri.

The reason I want daniel on atlantis is that there's so much Ancient culture and society left unexplored because they don't have an archaeologist on the show.

Comment

Warning: totally biased and highly uninformed opinion coming because I've only seen the first episode of Atlantis, which bored me to tears and I never watched another:

Probably if Daniel did go to Atlantis, his skills as an archeologist wouldn't be needed, because tptb would think that no one wants to see someone digging in the dirt when they can see GUNS! EXPLOSIONS! and MUSCLES!
          I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

We know that Daniel the character would love to become a part of the Atlantis expedition and his knowledge of the Ancients would be an asset to the team in Atlantis, but in the end, the decision for Daniel to join rests with Michael Shanks and TPTB. I don't know if I would like Daniel to be a regular, but I'd have no problem with him being a reccurring character, provided why he was there made sense.
            Rocky

Comment

It could work, I think if they carry any more characters from SG-1 to Atlantis it should be minor characters. Sort of like how they carried over McKay.

Comment

Originally posted by rocket4477
                We know that Daniel the character would love to become a part of the Atlantis expedition and his knowledge of the Ancients would be an asset to the team in Atlantis, but in the end, the decision for Daniel to join rests with Michael Shanks and TPTB. I don't know if I would like Daniel to be a regular, but I'd have no problem with him being a reccurring character, provided why he was there made sense.
                Having Daniel on the Atlantis team would certainly be interesting, but things would need to work out (logistically, plot-wise and otherwise) to have him there. Nothing would be worse than putting Daniel on the Atlantis team and having things fall apart afterwards.

Comment

I think it might have been a natural progression for Daniel's story arc to have been part of the Atlantis team in the first place. His skills, fascination with new cultures, personal interest in the Ancients, etc. Daniel's at his best going thru the gate and getting excited about some discovery. There's a lot more of that going on over at Atlantis than at the SGC.

However, they've already got a good group at Atlantis and a fairly large cast that still needs to be fleshed out. I'm not sure how Daniel would fit in as a regular at this point and am afraid he'd just end up being kind of superfluous.

It's probably more likely that Daniel might guest on Atlantis once in awhile.
                  Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

I dunno-I think really depends on what happens with Daniel's Ascencion storyline in time SG1 has left. He'd technically fit in very well, middle of season eight plotwise. Who knows what'll happen in the rest of season eight and nine? Daniel could want to "retire", for lack of a better word.

Comment

Originally posted by Kes
                      I think it might have been a natural progression for Daniel's story arc to have been part of the Atlantis team in the first place. His skills, fascination with new cultures, personal interest in the Ancients, etc. Daniel's at his best going thru the gate and getting excited about some discovery. There's a lot more of that going on over at Atlantis than at the SGC.

However, they've already got a good group at Atlantis and a fairly large cast that still needs to be fleshed out. I'm not sure how Daniel would fit in as a regular at this point and am afraid he'd just end up being kind of superfluous.

It's probably more likely that Daniel might guest on Atlantis once in awhile.
                      I got the feeling at the beginning of Rising Pt. 1 that Daniel did want to go, but Jack wouldn't let him.

Anyway, personally, I think Atlantis will do just fine without Daniel. However, I also think that it would be cool to see him on a rare occasion (like about the frequency of McKay on SG-1) as a consultant or something.

And that's my two cents...
                      My LiveJournal
                      ^_^ ~ DANIquinn ~ ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by roswellgray
                        After season 9, do you think Daniel could transition to Atlantis? Do you think he would establish a good rapport with the Atlantis cast?

I think so. There's good chemistry between him and Weir and because Sheppard is rather like Jack-in-the-box I think he would hit it off with Shep too.

For the romancers (I hate ship - you stole our starship thread titles) Teyla and Jackson might add tension between shep, teyla and jackson.
                        I think that Daniel would love to go to Atlantis. I think he would work well with Weir, but would clash with McKay alot - that might be fun, but I'm not sure.

Yes, Shep is a bit of a Jack to Daniel...but he'd be easier trained by Daniel than Jack was....

S

Comment

Originally posted by Cpn. Chris(tine) Bowman
                          I don't think Daniel would fit in Atlantis. The atmosphere in that show is different, he would stick out like a sore thumb. He fits with the mood of SG-1. Besides, Atlantis doesn't need him, they ought to be able to manage without MS in it. Otherwise it just means the show and the cast is no good anyway.

Daniel stuck out in the begining of SG1. It took him awhile to fit, but he did make the transition. I think that if he did go to Atlantis, he would be out of place for awhile, but with a resume that included being at SGC, it wouldn't take long to fit.

I do think there would be a few personality conflicts with some of the Atlantis teams, but you need a little tention every once in a while, or things get boring.
                          If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.

Comment

I thought I heard some where that for legal reasosn the producers can't use Daniel or Jack as characters in Atlantis except in passing... I could be wrong on that though.

Anyways - if they did send Daniel to Atlantis I'm sure Michael Shanks would find a way for the character to fit, as talented an actor as he is. He would have to resolve his own issues though in this Galaxy: namely the threat of the Goa'uld and his own personal struggle against him, though since the death of Apophis I really don't think that's been his main motivator. I can't see Daniel leaving for Atlantis until he feels Earth is safe from the Goa'uld though.

Comment

The TPTB can use Daniel and Jack freely in every show because they were both in the film. Carter and Teal'c were both created for SG1, so it becomes a little harder to use them.
                              If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.

Comment

Working...
                              X