• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tricia Tanaka Is Dead (310)

Visit the Episode GuideLOST SEASON THREE
    TRICIA TANAKA IS DEAD
    EPISODE NUMBER - 310

When Hurley discovers a wrecked car in the jungle, he sees it as his chance to break his curse and find hope. Kate and Sawyer return to the beach camp, but it isn't long before Kate strikes out to find help in rescuing Jack.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by GateWorld; 23 November 2007, 06:06 PM.

I thought this was the best episode of the season. Kate and Sawyer return, and Charlie didn't die, yet, that is. And the ending was awesome, I can't wait until next week's episode
    sigpic

Comment

this episode was AWESOME.

Did it advance the plot - no, not really.
      BUT.
      it was hysterical- on all accounts. sawyer/jin/hurley was hilarious.
      the hurley flashbacks were great too.

PLUS

hurley mentioned way back in season 1 that a meteor destroyed the chicken place he worked at (eventually owned). and, now we got to see it. that brought major LOLZ

the song in the van going down the hill was spot on PERFECTION

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo View Post
        hurley mentioned way back in season 1 that a meteor destroyed the chicken place he worked at (eventually owned). and, now we got to see it. that brought major LOLZ
        That was a surprise to me when I saw it hit the chicken place, but that's because I've only seen 2 episodes in season 1, and that was the Pilot.
        sigpic

Comment

also - props to the writers for the title/name of the reporter which is clearly a parody of asian correspondent trisha takanowa on Family Guy

Comment

I so shouldn't laugh, but that was hilarious! I don't remember anything about the meteor from first season, so that was so out of left field....

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Not much new stuff in this episode, not even in the flashbacks. We knew Hurley's Chicken place would be hit by a meteor, we knew Randy (Hurley ex-boss) would work under Hurley sometime (because he would be Locke's boss in the box company that Hurley owned), and we knew that whatever happened before the plane crash, nothing would convince Hurley that he was *not* cursed. Oh, the only thing that surprised me in the flashbacks was to hear that skinny Johnny ran off with Hurley's girlfriend() Starla.

On the island (like in most Hurley flashback episodes), nothing really changed except for Hurley to get further proof that he is cursed / not cursed. I still can't tell. So I guess you could miss this episode and not miss much, plotwise.

One good thing: Sawyer seems to be back to pre-Kate jerk, and Kate is no longer Sawyer's oh-let's-cuddle girl. That was faster than I expected. Whenever the S3 DVDs come out, I think I can better stand the love triangle in rewatching, as my worst fears about dragging Kate-Sawyer-Jack love stories haven't really materialized so far.

I thought the montage would be the end of this episode, but I was surprised to see the ep going for one more scene. Kate, Sayid and Locke meeting up with Danielle (who would have guessed) to seal the Alex deal. Perfect. That arc started in, what, episode 3x15? I'm glad TPTP didn't forget about that. (And I'm really looking forward to learn how that will get resolved.) Also, just like Hurley talking to Libby here. She died, he got to know who the murderer was, and then nothing for 10 episodes. Scenes like that are needed much more often, and not just in general character development episodes, but also in plot eps.
              Last edited by sgeureka; 01 March 2007, 12:18 AM.
              No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
              (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

I wont get to watch this episode next week because SkyOne wont be showing for Virgin Media customers. Meaning also, I'll miss the last 2 episodes ever of Stargate SG1. I may just kill myself.

Im not asking for the full episode but would someone give me a link to its preview at least on YouTube or something?
                Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Well you should still be able to watch the complete episode on the ABC website.

I must say, I love Hurley. This episode had me laughing so many times. I even forgive it for not going anywhere.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Originally posted by Billz View Post
                    I wont get to watch this episode next week because SkyOne wont be showing for Virgin Media customers. Meaning also, I'll miss the last 2 episodes ever of Stargate SG1. I may just kill myself.

Im not asking for the full episode but would someone give me a link to its preview at least on YouTube or something?
                    http://spoilerslost.blogspot.com always has the promos up very fast and directly (and there can be many over the week). You can also find links to youtube promos on lost forums like www.lost-forum.com.

US and Canadian promos for the next episode:
                    http://spoilerslost.blogspot.com/200...s-promo-1.html
                    http://spoilerslost.blogspot.com/200...n-promo-1.html

Originally posted by MarshAngel View Post
                    Well you should still be able to watch the complete episode on the ABC website.
                    Well, that website was designed for US-Americans, and others get blocked. There was a way around it for the first few weeks (by changing your PC clock), but I haven't able to get it to work by that method any longer recently. (I haven't had the patience and will to do so either, I must admit.)
                    No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
                    (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

You could try using a US proxy to gain access, but it's mostly trial and error.

For me it was nice to see a more fun episode, rather than the typical life, death and struggle for freedom that we've seen so far. It's also good to sort of show that Hurley could be no longer cursed, that something finally went good for him and this concept of death around Charlie is gone. Although the episode did include Sawyer, it was a great change to see the other characters such as Jin playing a bigger part, and that Sayid plus Locke will be playing a bigger part in the next episode, however less Sawyer would have been better although he fit in so well this episode.

What really got to me is that they finally told Russo (yes it's spelt wrong but i'm too lazy to learn it) that they've met her daughter. It's something to me that could have been brought up in earlier episodes but it's good to finally see her back, and that she'll play a part in the next episode and maybe the one after that.

sigpic

Comment

I loved this episode - lots of Hurley, the Dharma bus, Vincent, beer, and poor "Roger" propped up next to Sawyer. Did ya notice that the keychain for the bus had a lucky rabbit's foot on it? *LOL*

Add a serious touch with Rousseau at the end - I kept waiting for her as I saw Mira Furlan's name in the credits.

Next week we get to meet eye-patch dude!

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Great Episode. It was nice to see the islanders again, it was up there with the Golf Episode from season 1. I also think that the episodes central on Hurley are some of the best.

: Green is Good.
                          sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

Comment

hehe...I actually expected something to happen to Charlie after they dodged the rock - this would've tied well with Desmond's "it doesn't work like that" comment

Comment

Even on a deserted island, Sawyer manages to cobble together a front porch upon which he can sit and pound back a case of cheap beer. He's got to be some kind of redneck savant...
                              Through Life's dull road, so dim and dirty
                              I have dragged to three-and-thirty.
                              What have these years left to me?
                              Nothing, except thirty-three.

- Lord Byron

Dispatches From the Suburbs of Hell

The Pit

Comment

Working...
                              X