Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Galactica vs Pegasus (Season 2 Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Galactica vs Pegasus (Season 2 Spoilers)

In season 2, in one of the episodes (can't quite remember which one though) in the beginning it has Admiral Cain and Commander Adama sat there being told off by Roslin because they almost fought eachother (Ship-wise) in the previous episode i.e. 'I'm getting my men...'

When Roslin says that she's sure that Pegasus would come out of any fight victorious Adama says 'I wouldn't count on that...' which made me laugh lol

But was he being serious? Did he have some way of defeating the Pegasus?
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

adma siad that more out of pride than anything else
    however pegasus would beat galactica anyday because the pegaus is a newbattlestar with loads of better targeting systems etc plus it would have more nukes than galactica (had 3 left at that point)

Comment

I bet the Galactica was more manuverable.
      http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9...sigcopy9ie.jpg
      The Alliance is born!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by deadman View Post
        I bet the Galactica was more manuverable.
        Yes but not by much, remember those are two massive ships, with big thrusters, and guns that can track a lot quicker than either ship could move out of the way surely. It might come down to who gets off more hits on the vunerable points of either ship, though theres plenty of armor to go through first.

Comment

They would have probably been pretty close. It would have come down to whos boarding party was more sccessful as they would be relitively even head on.
          sigpic
          Beckett: What shall ah say?
          Ford: Uh...Uh... I miss you... I wish you were here?
          Beckett: I wish who was here?
          Ford: Uh.... I dunno who do you wish was here?
          Beckett: Nobody I wish I wasn't bloody here.

Comment

Naw, given that the Galactica was an 'inferoir' unit the Pegasus would have blown it away, though given the Galactica better DC Parties it would have lasted long enough for its batteries to blow huge holes in the Pegasus.
            Of course the Galactica vipers would have minced the Pegasus ones, though with a high loss ratio (number of nuggets).
            The result, one destroyed and one on the way to the breakers, and the end of Humanity.

Comment

Hence the uneasy truce.
              sigpic
              Beckett: What shall ah say?
              Ford: Uh...Uh... I miss you... I wish you were here?
              Beckett: I wish who was here?
              Ford: Uh.... I dunno who do you wish was here?
              Beckett: Nobody I wish I wasn't bloody here.

Comment

Pegasus was a better ship with a better compliment of fighters, but I think what Adama was confident in was that the Galactica had nukes. I can't recall if the Pegasus was actually carrying any, but considering she was going in for an extended overhaul at the time of the attacks it'd be unlikely she had any on board.

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou View Post
                  In season 2, in one of the episodes (can't quite remember which one though) in the beginning it has Admiral Cain and Commander Adama sat there being told off by Roslin because they almost fought eachother (Ship-wise) in the previous episode i.e. 'I'm getting my men...'

When Roslin says that she's sure that Pegasus would come out of any fight victorious Adama says 'I wouldn't count on that...' which made me laugh lol

But was he being serious? Did he have some way of defeating the Pegasus?
                  Bill was just letting them hang out to rub it in Cain's face a bit. I don't think he seriously expected Galactica to have a chance of defeating Pegasus.

He could have made it a tie though, by ramming Pegasus and taking her down with them. Maybe that's what he was thinking about when he said Cain wouldn't win.

Comment

As deathskull said, he probably said it out of pride. He wasn't in the mood to let him or his ship be put down like that. I think he also did it to annoy Cain even more.

That said he could have had something up his sleeve. As some have said hwe could have had nukes while Pegasus didn't. If they did though, the Galactica would have been gone! Pegasus is a newer ship, has a greater number of more advanced fighters, more armor plating than Galactica and was probably more maneuverable (since it has a lot more engines). It even could even have a greater number of batteries.
                    sigpic
                    By *E*K*R*

Comment

It wouldnt matter who won anyway, as the victor would be highly damaged and would have lost so many personal.

However Adama and Cain would be pretty evenly matched, so having Tigh as an experience 2nd might help the BSG more.
                      Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Pegasus would have won hands down. Why? She has broad side turrets which the Galactica hasn't. That means she has a great firing arc. More guns means more hits.

Comment

And remember that Galactica is missing half of it armor plating!

Its true that the victor (Pegasus IMO) would be heavily damaged but would still be in a reasonable condition and able to be repaired.
                          sigpic
                          By *E*K*R*

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
                            Pegasus was a better ship with a better compliment of fighters, but I think what Adama was confident in was that the Galactica had nukes. I can't recall if the Pegasus was actually carrying any, but considering she was going in for an extended overhaul at the time of the attacks it'd be unlikely she had any on board.

Pegasus did have Nukes.

Galactica had 3 Nukes left as of 'KOBOL'S LAST GLEAMING, PART 2'. She had 5originally, with 1 going to Baltar for the Cylon detector and 1 used to destroy the baseship in KLG pt2.

By the time of 'THE EYE OF JUPITER' Adama ordered Nuclear Ground Strike missiles to launch tubes 4-10, which ment they had 7 Nuclear Weapons at least. The other Nukes must have come from Pegasus.

Because Pegasus was going in for Overhaul doesn't mean she would be stripped of her Ammunition. Indeed only for extended overhauls and refits do current warships have their munitions removed.

Anyway Pegasus would have won hands down. She took 3 nuke hits in 'The Captains Hand' and that didn't diminish her fighting capability one bit.
                            Galactica took 1 nuke hit in the Mini-Series and she was crippled with internal fires, maneauvering systems shot to hell, and she was in an un-controlable spin which would have prevented her from targeting main batteries on anything but open space.

No Contest.

Comment

Originally posted by Nero View Post
                              Because Pegasus was going in for Overhaul doesn't mean she would be stripped of her Ammunition. Indeed only for extended overhauls and refits do current warships have their munitions removed.
                              She was going in for an extended overhaul though wasn't she? But anyway, it seems as if she did have nukes on board.

Comment

Working...
                              X