This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pegasus/Milky way stargates

Ok there is thousands if not millions of stargates all over the galaxys,So when they dial a gate that has a simular adress lets say up to 4 of the first chevrons and there is more than 1 planet has these chevrons does it dial the gate partialy for that planet or does it just dial the 1 gate?

Mckay: Size doesnt matter

Sheppard:thats a myth

I like farris wheels,college football and a good cup of tea.

It will only connect when all 7, 8 or if we ever see 9 chevrons are dialled. They need six points to get a lock on the location and the 7th to determine the point of origin, so it will only ever dial the one 'gate.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Almighty_Wookie View Post
      It will only connect when all 7, 8 or if we ever see 9 chevrons are dialled. They need six points to get a lock on the location and the 7th to determine the point of origin, so it will only ever dial the one 'gate.
      If you watch most of Sg-1 the gate dials chevrons 1 by 1 as they press it and it shows you from both sides

Mckay: Size doesnt matter

Sheppard:thats a myth

I like farris wheels,college football and a good cup of tea.

Comment

Originally posted by True!Ancient View Post
        If you watch most of Sg-1 the gate dials chevrons 1 by 1 as they press it and it shows you from both sides
        Everytime it happens on the other side, it happens at the same speed. While it's often a different speed of dialing on the side they dial from. I believe that the gate on the other end has it's chevrons light up like that because it is verifying the address of the end that dialed or something similar to that.

Comment

Working...
        X