This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anubis vs Wraith

Who do you think would win Anubis with his fleet when he attacked earth with his upgraded shields and his super weapon before it was destroyed with all the eyes as a power source vs a Wraith Armada of ships?

I think Anubis would win because he has great shields and fire power and with his super weapon I think he would punch hole after hole into the wraith ships.
    Vote Anubis for President in 2012
    A Face you Can Trust
    sigpic
    So whats the worst that could happen?
    Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
    It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

In the Wraith nation's fractured state, Anubis would kick their butts. But after they re-unite and form a cohesive strike, Anubis would lose terribly.
    sigpic
    "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
    ~David Hewlett

Comment

Anubis would have had his ass kicked. Not even Atlantis with it's ZPM powered shields could have survived long against the Wraith, and not even the Ancients with all their might and power could have defeated them.

To think that Anubis could have had better luck is stupid, because he was never allowed to use all that ascended knowledge. He was able to get away with one or two things but nothing that would have given him the power of pre-ascended ancients, who still were defeated

sigpic

Comment

Anubis easily his ships are way more manourarable than wraith ships the reason atlantis wouldnt stand against them for long because as of yet it cant dodge the weapons fire like the hatak could
        sigpic

Comment

the destructive force of his spark weapon would destroy the unshielded ships in a matter of seconds

the ancients most likely used drones and has a secondary weapon laser beams or whatever(the space satilites) which was effective

the hataks have live some sort of a nuclear output yeild to it and an upgraded hatak would be very effective on the hull of a wraith ship

anubis for me

but i dunno about a wraith virus cos in off the grid baals scientist had trouble with a earth virus and dunno how they are gonna deal with a smart one
          sigpic

Comment

^ nerus was an idiot and remember that ep were baal modified a virus by felger and carfter to turn off all the stargates
            sigpic

Comment

You have to take into account that the Ancients were militarily delinquent. The Wraith were the first enemy they'd actually been scared of in millions of years. There was no wiring in their brains to think strategically, as shown by many, many episodes of Atlantis. They just threw their technology at something until it went away.

That's why Earth has been marginally sucessful against the Wraith, because they've spent 10 years adapting tactics against the Goa'uld.

Anubis, however, is a badass mofo. He's been warring, rather effectively, for thousands of years. He knows how to command an army and a fleet, as well as develop extremely effective weapons (1 Kull Warrior on board a Hive ship means Anubis has a have ship now).

The only way Earth beat him was launching a SEA of drones the likes of which have never been seen in Pegasus at his fleet, which was unprepared for that weapon. Even then, within half a season he was back to FULL strength.

Comment

Originally posted by wise one View Post
                the destructive force of his spark weapon would destroy the unshielded ships in a matter of seconds

the ancients most likely used drones and has a secondary weapon laser beams or whatever(the space satilites) which was effective

the hataks have live some sort of a nuclear output yeild to it and an upgraded hatak would be very effective on the hull of a wraith ship

anubis for me

but i dunno about a wraith virus cos in off the grid baals scientist had trouble with a earth virus and dunno how they are gonna deal with a smart one
                Actually Apophis's Hataks with much more primitive shields held up to 1000 megatons.

2.01 "The Serpent's Lair Part 2"

SAMUELS: Yes, sir. As you know, a small amount of the raw ore was found by SG-5 and brought back some months ago. The warheads should now yield in excess of 1000 megatons—each. We call them our Goa'uld-busters. Our plan is to launch two rockets simultaneously into retrograde orbit. Now, the naquadah-enriched warheads themselves are made of the same material as our stealth aircraft and should go undetected by their radar.

Comment

Originally posted by Hyperwarp View Post
                  Actually Apophis's Hataks with much more primitive shields held up to 1000 megatons.

SAMUELS: Yes, sir. As you know, a small amount of the raw ore was found by SG-5 and brought back some months ago. The warheads should now yield in excess of 1000 megatons—each. We call them our Goa'uld-busters. Our plan is to launch two rockets simultaneously into retrograde orbit. Now, the naquadah-enriched warheads themselves are made of the same material as our stealth aircraft and should go undetected by their radar.

Those two nukes failed to detonate since they was deployed by the shields

I even believe they said the nukes have failed to detonate cant remember to well tho

Comment

Even If Anubis were to loose his fleet he could hover into a wraith hive and infect a queen...also A shadowy figure floating through walls and corrupting your mind would kinda put the wraith on edge since its the exact same thing they do to humans Right? So all anubis would have to do is infect a queen and began to attack another hive and then hop around until they were all dead...slow process but i am sure it would be effective.

"Their victims knew no peace until the Ori came and whispered to them"Sleep for the end draws near"and on that day all will rejoice when the Ori come and lay them low. "

Comment

Originally posted by HAL View Post

I even believe they said the nukes have failed to detonate cant remember to well tho
                      Ok then;

SAMUELS: (on telephone) That's it. They're in a geosynchronous orbit over the United States. Lock in that attack profile and advise the President we are go for launch.

HARRIMAN: Vandenberg reports a good launch.

SAMUELS: Yes! I'm sorry, sir. For what it's worth, I seriously doubt SG-1 is aboard those alien ships.

HARRIMAN: Weapons should reach the targets in—four minutes.
                      HARRIMAN: The warheads have separated. One minute to go.

HAMMOND: Any indication of countermeasures?

SAMUELS: I don't think they're going to know what hit 'em.

(APOPHIS'S SHIP)
                      JAFFA: My Lord, they launch weapons against us.

APOPHIS: Let them come!

HARRIMAN: Thirty seconds to impact. Still no countermeasures.

TECHNICIAN: On target

SAMUELS: Go, go!

(KLOREL'S SHIP)
                      JAFFA: Their weapons approach, my Lord. You must activate the shield.

(APOPHIS'S SHIP)
                      APOPHIS: Klorel Tal shak, Tal shak!

(SGC)
                      HARRIMAN: Impact in seven, six, five…

(KLOREL'S SHIP)
                      KLOREL: His eyes glow. He activates the shields just before the missiles hit. In a corridor, Daniel and Teal'c feel the impact.

DANIEL: Whoa, what was that?

TEAL'C: Something may have impacted the shields.

(SGC)
                      HARRIMAN: Space Command reports that the warheads struck some kind of energy field just prior to impact. No damage.

SAMUELS: That's impossible!

HARRIMAN: NASA confirms, sir. The Goa'uld ships are still up there.
                      (HAMMOND'S OFFICE)
                      HAMMOND: (on red telephone) Yes, sir. The EMP caused by the explosion has already affected our satellite communications. It will be difficult to warn the general public in time to do anything but cause mass panic. Mr. President, I strongly recommend that we maintain the highest defence condition at this time, and you should board Air Force One. Yes, sir.

---------------------------------------------

So, failed to detonate? Don't see that! Failed to impact the ship? YES! Instead they hit the shields. Plus, EMP? Affecting satellites? Take a guess!

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
                        Who do you think would win Anubis with his fleet when he attacked earth with his upgraded shields and his super weapon before it was destroyed with all the eyes as a power source vs a Wraith Armada of ships?

I think Anubis would win because he has great shields and fire power and with his super weapon I think he would punch hole after hole into the wraith ships.
                        First of all: Define Wraith Armada.

I will assume the 15 Hives and (maximum of) 45 Cruisers from the Siege I-III.

Anubis' weapon is one of the most powerful weapons we have ever seen.

Of course the weapon itself was the size of like two entire Hat'taks... so...

but anyway, it was insanely powerful.

However, his ship would be devestated by Wraith weapons fire.

The fleet that attacked Earth was 30+ ships + a ship worth at least 12 Hat'taks.

The Wraith Cruisers alone would wipe the floor with Anubis' fleet.

Let alone the 15 Hives.

That fleet + Anubis' fleet = A hive destroyed, and a few Cruisers lost at most.

Comment

I think Rodney said, that according to their research the are at least 60 hive ships, correct?

Comment

Originally posted by HAL View Post

The nukes did not fail to detonate.

They went off, and had no discernable effect on the Goa'uld shields.

We know they went off because they said in the show that the electromagnetic blasts desrupted earth's sattelite system.

Comment

Originally posted by Hyperwarp View Post
                              I think Rodney said, that according to their research the are at least 60 hive ships, correct?
                              60 or more as stated by Grodin in season 1 when they gain the Wraith data storage module from the Genii.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Working...
                              X