This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible proof of Extra Terrestrails?

If the government has no knowledge of aliens, then why does Title 14,Section 1211 of the Code of Federal Regulations, implemented on July 16 1969, make it illegal for U.S. citizens to have any contact with extraterrestrials or their vehicles?

Just found it, that is interesting

That is because due to interstellar law (Earth being seen as a rather primative and up and comming planet, sort of a neutral sanctuary if you read it one way).

I'll put it into simple terms since the regulations are rather dull:

1] No human born of Earth (Non-terrestrial humans, that being other hybrid humans and so on are allowed in strict circumstances, although Earth is a neutral and sort of protected planet meaning basicaly keep off unless you have business) shall intervene with other world affairs without being recognised beforehand as either in the grey areas of being a representative, envoy or ambassador if you like,

Like wise no alien for lack of a better term to discribe other species shall interfere in the affairs of human society (basicaly We cannot interfere with aliens but they in their arrogant parade of the stars could interfere without being seen nor heard.

2] No Human born of Earth shall posses technological means that have been procured by means that are not recognised by both parties ( ie: trade of as a gift) although with Earth populated by so many the chances of say a crashed ship being recovered are probably the reason why such technologies are moved to sheilded underground bases, that is allowed since it's human business to keep whatever they please in their underground installations due to privacy laws.

No alien shall posses Earth technology in the terms mentioned the same as above, although an advanced culture would probably not wish to procure Earth technologies sice their own would probably outweight the infringement of law, Although all said and done there really wouldn't be anything (other than alien technology procured from shipwrecks and other means) to stop an invading race from basicaly raping the planet of anything they want....although they would have to answer to the law...and interstallar diplomacy was never my choice of subject whilst studying.

Please excuse the spelling, i whipped this up from memory, since we are living the dream that is a universe full of wonders, the sky is by no means the limit.....if you have the means capable of getting past it that is?
    For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatLordGeorge View Post
      If the government has no knowledge of aliens, then why does Title 14,Section 1211 of the Code of Federal Regulations, implemented on July 16 1969, make it illegal for U.S. citizens to have any contact with extraterrestrials or their vehicles?

That law allowed the US government to prevent the possibility of biological contamination from pathogens carried to Earth by men and objects returning from space by enforcing a quarantine on any people, plant or animal life, or other material that had "touched directly or come within the atmospheric envelope of any other celestial body."

Comment

Maybe the fact that several countries, including the United States have books base don what to do when a UFO crashes is proof.

You can read it here, it's called the Fireman's Guide to Distatsres or something. You can even buy it on Amazon for liek $35.

http://www.v-j-enterprises.com/firefigh.html

It starts off with this...

In this chapter we will now turn our attention to the very real
        threat posed by Unidentified Flying Objects (UFOs), whether they exist
        or not.

Other great quotes...

We will see, as we continue our discussion in this chapter, that widespread blackouts, communication disruptions, and other potentially disastrous conditions have been linked directly to UFO sightings.
        Early in the Apollo 11 mission, which culminated in the moon walk,
        astronauts Neil Armstrong, Edwin Aldrin, and Michael Collins reported
        sightings of what seemed to be a UFO during the first half of their
        flight to the lunar surface. There were many more sightings by U.S.
        and Soviet Astronauts. On November 11,1966, Gemini XII astronauts Jim
        Lovell and Edwin Aldrin said that they saw four UFOs linked together,
        and on October 12, 1964, three Russian astronauts aboard Voskod
        reported that they were surrounded by a "formation of fast-moving
        disc-shaped objects."(45)

Comment

You know too much! Expect a knock at the door.

That law clearly exists to stop you stealing an aliens mode of transport and joyriding around the stars!

Comment

That's just amazing. I can hardly believe it.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I think the main reason behind it is to stop civilian people from profiting from any alien technology found/recovered from crash and so on, not that any civilian would really have the finacial resources to retrofit a spaceship based around alien interstellar ships.

That said a civilian could therefore sell/blackmarketthe technology for a profit, selling such technologies would be seen as treason if it was sold to another country and if you were lucky your body would be found enough to be burried and not hidden inside the support column of a interstate overhead highway.
              For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

It's probably there in case aliens exist. That way they can enforce the laws if they ever arrive.

Another example (bad one though) could be to restrict the sale of cloned organs, just in case someone tomorrow invented that and the government wouldn't be able to control it until they actual passed laws (which can take forever - pass two houses and approved by the president) by the time a law was passed it could have been abused and the could not punish those who abused the technology.
                sigpic

Comment

Probably for the same/similar reason that if a hypothetical NASA spacecraft were to break apart upon reentry (i.e. Columbia,) you would get criminal charges filed against you for taking a piece of it.

Why?

Fuel and a bunch of other stuff that they have in their lovely space ships are potentially hazardous to your health. Sort of like what someone else previously said about pathogens coming from aliens... sort of...

Anyway, I suppose it might also have something to do with not wanting some average citizen screwing up first contact and starting interplanetary wars.

And it might be because of x amount of panic it might cause.

And it might be because they want the technology for themselves.

But I'm starting to drift towards conspiracy thoeries here...

Anyway, first contact is best left to the professionals.

To see a picture of me in the Miss Teen America pageant, click here.

Comment

While not proof of extraterrestrials, I believe there is a similar military rule that states that in the event of an encounter where a threat is suspected, shoot first and ask questions later. I think I first heard about that right after Lost City Part 1.
                    Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
                    The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
                    I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
                    A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
                    That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
                    Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
                    Caboose: They could be worse?
                    Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

It is quite interesting! :-) I wonder why this is in place as well.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elles View Post
                        Anyway, I suppose it might also have something to do with not wanting some average citizen screwing up first contact and starting interplanetary wars.
                        I don't think we would have to worry about a war. They can clearly kill us within a second.

And people seem to forget / don't know that the government lied to Americans in the 50s and 60s as part of a champaign to cover up tests of new aircrafts from the USSR. Most of Project Bluebook was a ly to coverup spy plane testing.

Comment

Working...
                        X