X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what technology have we actually gained

as the title

what technology have we gained that we can now reproduce our selves.

edit - from Atlantis ONLY
    Last edited by daniejam; 13 February 2007, 11:22 AM.

Originally posted by daniejam View Post
    as the title

what technology have we gained that we can now reproduce our selves.

From Tao of Rodney
    Spoiler:
    Knowledge on how upgrade our shields

Best Stargate quote:
    Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
    Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space
      I see what you mean. You'd think great things would be coming out of the most advanced city in 2 galaxies. But all Earth has really gotten is 1 ZPM for Odyssey (they gave Atlantis 1 full ZPM, and got 2 ZPMs in return = 1).

Also think about this, Wier is supposed to be Earth's greatest negotiator/ambassador, what has she done for Earth's relations?
      ZPMs - as mentioned above. Can`t reproduce them but I think they are worthy of a mention.
      Shield upgrades - We don't know if these modifications actually worked. Until it is confirmed on screen either in dialogue or demonstration, I`m going to assume that they didn`t work or haven`t been implimented for some other reason.

In terms of technology that is it but we have gotten other benefits from Atlantis:
      The names and addresses of Castiana, Sahal and Vagumbre which we wouldn`t have gotten otherwise. Granted, they turned out to be dead ends but they were still vital clues in the search for the Sangraal.
      Dialling the Supergate. If we hadn`t discovered Atlantis we wouldn`t have already had a presence in another galaxy and would probably not have been able to accomplish this plan. It was successful in holding back the Ori forces for 6-9 months.
      Information regarding Merlin/Myrden from the Ancient database and I think data from Atlantis' database has been mentioned in a few other Sg-1 episodes.

Atlantis is still chock full of potential but we must remember that it wasn't until the X-303 in S6 that we really saw any tangible gains from the SGC. No matter how much tech you accumulate it still takes time to backward engineer it. I`m hoping that by Atlantis S6 (if it gets there) we will start to see more technological gains from the expedition.

Concerning Weir, I can`t really disagree with your point. She hasn't done anything for Earth's relations that any other negotiator couldn`t of done, except maybe getting the Nukes from the Genii. I don`t like the character personally so I`m glad she will become recurring in S4 as 90% of her screentime is exposition which could be accomplished, better imho, by any other member of the expedition.
      Hopefully having 2 less main characters next year will mean that TPTB can actually give Teyla some screentime rather than ignoring her all season bar the occasional state-the-bloody-obvious moment and 1 devoted episode a year mainly involving Wraith and telepathy.
      PTB just have a bad record of writing female characters for Atlantis and I`m hoping that S4's 'new direction' will mean decent female characters and someone other than Rodney or Shep saving the day (and by that, I don`t mean Carter). I have nothing against any of these characters I just want Teyla, Zelenka, or Ronon to save the day a little more often.

Comment

we can build starships
        sorry cant spell

Comment

Originally posted by talyn2k1 View Post
          ZPMs - as mentioned above. Can`t reproduce them but I think they are worthy of a mention.
          Shield upgrades - We don't know if these modifications actually worked. Until it is confirmed on screen either in dialogue or demonstration, I`m going to assume that they didn`t work or haven`t been implimented for some other reason.

In terms of technology that is it but we have gotten other benefits from Atlantis:
          The names and addresses of Castiana, Sahal and Vagumbre which we wouldn`t have gotten otherwise. Granted, they turned out to be dead ends but they were still vital clues in the search for the Sangraal.
          Dialling the Supergate. If we hadn`t discovered Atlantis we wouldn`t have already had a presence in another galaxy and would probably not have been able to accomplish this plan. It was successful in holding back the Ori forces for 6-9 months.
          Information regarding Merlin/Myrden from the Ancient database and I think data from Atlantis' database has been mentioned in a few other Sg-1 episodes.

Atlantis is still chock full of potential but we must remember that it wasn't until the X-303 in S6 that we really saw any tangible gains from the SGC. No matter how much tech you accumulate it still takes time to backward engineer it. I`m hoping that by Atlantis S6 (if it gets there) we will start to see more technological gains from the expedition.

Concerning Weir, I can`t really disagree with your point. She hasn't done anything for Earth's relations that any other negotiator couldn`t of done, except maybe getting the Nukes from the Genii. I don`t like the character personally so I`m glad she will become recurring in S4 as 90% of her screentime is exposition which could be accomplished, better imho, by any other member of the expedition.
          Hopefully having 2 less main characters next year will mean that TPTB can actually give Teyla some screentime rather than ignoring her all season bar the occasional state-the-bloody-obvious moment and 1 devoted episode a year mainly involving Wraith and telepathy.
          PTB just have a bad record of writing female characters for Atlantis and I`m hoping that S4's 'new direction' will mean decent female characters and someone other than Rodney or Shep saving the day (and by that, I don`t mean Carter). I have nothing against any of these characters I just want Teyla, Zelenka, or Ronon to save the day a little more often.
          The thread was specific to things we have gained and can reproduce ourselves. Things from Atlantis.

Best Stargate quote:
          Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
          Green is your friend.

Comment

^Nope. EDIT: To Ripple In Space

Spoiler:
            We got 3 ZPMs in Return, and gave 2 to the MW. One's in Odyssy, the other's in Antarctica

We also got a lot more information on ZPMs, PJs, the drones, etc. Remember, knowledge is power.

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother View Post
              The thread was specific to things we have gained and can reproduce ourselves. Things from Atlantis.
              noting, ancent tech is to advanst for us jet, only thing we can do now is study it to see what make it tiks
              sorry cant spell

Comment

I can't recall us getting anything at all useful from Atlantis during it's run so far. Yes McKay did some sort of upgraded shields and Puddle Jumper hyperspace generators but we've not seen anything to suggest they've been done. Other than a few scavanged Wraith stunners and a dart or two, nothing at all it seems.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by daniejam
                  a pity - the thread could've been interesting if not for this line

Comment

Naquadah Generators
                    Starships
                    X-699
                    Chimera holoprojector
                    Kull Disruptor
                    Anti-Prior Device
                    hyperdrives(interstellar)
                    Gatebusters
                    GDO
                    Subspace Communication Devices
                    Horizon
                    Seeker Project
                    Locater Beacon

This is some of the technology we've made in SG universe.
                    Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                      ^Nope. EDIT: To Ripple In Space

Spoiler:
                      We got 3 ZPMs in Return, and gave 2 to the MW. One's in Odyssy, the other's in Antarctica

We also got a lot more information on ZPMs, PJs, the drones, etc. Remember, knowledge is power.
                      Learn some single digit addition. We gave 1 full ZPM to Atlantis from Moebius/The Siege.
                      Spoiler:
                      Earth Received 2 ZPMs from Return. 2-1=1,

not to mention the nearly depleted ZPM we used to start the Atlantis Expedition.

Originally posted by Col. Shadow Quinn View Post
                      Naquadah Generators
                      Starships
                      X-699
                      Chimera holoprojector
                      Kull Disruptor
                      Anti-Prior Device
                      Gatebusters
                      GDO
                      Horizon
                      Seeker Project
                      Locater Beacon

This thread is about tech from Atlantis.
                      sigpic
                      "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                      ~David Hewlett

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
                        Learn some single digit addition.
                        There's no need to be rude.

Hmm...I was certain that bracketted part wasn't there. Well, I stand corrected then.

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Shadow Quinn View Post
                          Naquadah Generators
                          Starships
                          X-699
                          Chimera holoprojector
                          Kull Disruptor
                          Anti-Prior Device
                          Gatebusters
                          GDO
                          Horizon
                          Seeker Project
                          Locater Beacon

We aren't able to build the intergalatic hyper drives. Those were given to us by the Asgard. We can only build the one that was originaly on Prometheus wich was much slower and much less reliable.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                            There's no need to be rude.

Hmm...I was certain that bracketted part wasn't there. Well, I stand corrected then.
                            Sorry about that. And the bracketed part was there from the start. I just figured you read all 3 sentences. My bad.
                            sigpic
                            "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                            ~David Hewlett

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
                              Learn some single digit addition. We gave 1 full ZPM to Atlantis from Moebius/The Siege.
                              Spoiler:
                              Earth Received 2 ZPMs from Return. 2-1=1,

not to mention the nearly depleted ZPM we used to start the Atlantis Expedition.

This thread is about tech from Atlantis.
                              We have 3 zpm's one in Atlantis, one in the Antarctica outpost and one on the Odyssey.
                              Spoiler:
                              Spoiler:
                              A tribute to the Asgard, a great race, great allies and our best friends!
                              The Tau'ri will not forget about you.

Your legacy is safe with use.

Comment

Working...
                              X