This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the blue column of light in Letters from Pegasus

When Teyla and Shepherd are in the puddlejumper, sitting out the culling, a giant collum of ble light appears. Shep goes to investigate but we never find out what it was.

Any ideas?
    sigpic
    Beckett: What shall ah say?
    Ford: Uh...Uh... I miss you... I wish you were here?
    Beckett: I wish who was here?
    Ford: Uh.... I dunno who do you wish was here?
    Beckett: Nobody I wish I wasn't bloody here.

If I were the Wraith I would design a weapon that created a highly localized alteration of the gravitational gradient in and around the area of a high population zone.

In essence a beam that increase the gravity 3 or 4 fold so that my considerably stronger Wraith warriors could move freely, but the human cattle would be stuck like flies in amber. Makes it a lot easier for darts to sweep up stationary targets as well.

If it was some kind of mass stun weapon Shepard would never have returned from his recon mission.
    Last edited by Argosy; 13 February 2007, 08:45 AM.
    sigpic
    Spoiler:
    Me: “I just wanted to take the Staten Island Ferry…I wasn’t expecting the extraordinary rendition.”
    *Three DHS guys dressed in black pop out of nowhere. *
    DHS: “NOBODY EVER EXPECTS THE EXTRAORDINARY RENDITION!!!”
    DHS: “Our chief weapons are shock-n-awe, enhanced interrogation techniques, and the suspension of habeas corpus.”

Comment

they never really said what it was, but...

many have speculated that it was the energy source for their hive ships. They set that on the planet and their ships get power (faster than just sitting their and letting the sun recharge it).
      Visit my Website

Comment

Originally posted by Hierakonpolis View Post
        they never really said what it was, but...

many have speculated that it was the energy source for their hive ships. They set that on the planet and their ships get power (faster than just sitting their and letting the sun recharge it).

Are you suggesting that their ships suck the life out of living planets like Galactus from the Marvel universe?

If so that is like one of the wildest things I have ever heard. I'm not saying that is a bad or good thing...just wild man.
        sigpic
        Spoiler:
        Me: “I just wanted to take the Staten Island Ferry…I wasn’t expecting the extraordinary rendition.”
        DHS: “Our chief weapons are shock-n-awe, enhanced interrogation techniques, and the suspension of habeas corpus.”

Comment

The gravity thing sounds plausable, but people were moving quite freely a few hundred metres away (at the pj) so I don't think that it is particularly strong - just strong enough.
          sigpic

Comment

Am i the only one who thought the beam was a direct way to get the people they cull to the hive ship with a more advanced dart transport beam?

Mckay: Size doesnt matter

Sheppard:thats a myth

I like farris wheels,college football and a good cup of tea.

Comment

maybe it was just a marker to either claim the planet, let other wraith know that all life had been removed from the planet or a marker on the way to atlantis. it might be a marker because after the first 3 hiver where destroyed, the next 12 followed the same path

Comment

Originally posted by True!Ancient View Post
                Am i the only one who thought the beam was a direct way to get the people they cull to the hive ship with a more advanced dart transport beam?
                That’s a distinct possibility as well.

But if they were capable of scaling up their transporter tech why wouldn’t they just have the Hive ship sweep the whole settlement in one fell swoop rather than bucket brigading with darts? I mean of course it makes sense to use the darts to round up stragglers, but if they have transporter tech on that scale shouldn’t the Hive have used it in a similar manner as the Asgard use to use their “go some where” beam (i.e. an itinerant beam rather than stationary)?

Just a thought, although I could be dead wrong.
                sigpic
                Spoiler:

Comment

Maybe, as all darts do is store people - see duet - but they probably transport strait to a hive ship if one is in range so there wouldn't be much use for anything like that.
                  sigpic

Comment

What if the darts only have a limited space in their transporter buffers and that is some sort of uplink to transfer people from the darts to the hive

Comment

well i cant rember which episode but when lorne came through the gate to a alpha site he said that there were wraith and before he went through the gate they dropped off something near the gate similar to what shep saw and then weir said or shep that they marked the planet

can anyone rember what ep was that???
                      sigpic

Comment

I think it taps into the planet's hot core to draw geothermal energy.
                        The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Maybe its the thingy that lets them play with peoples minds make them see things and the likes.....only maybe a bigger version
                          Sorry if already posted
                          I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post
                            Maybe its the thingy that lets them play with peoples minds make them see things and the likes.....only maybe a bigger version
                            Sorry if already posted
                            well there was alot of screaming....
                            sigpic

Comment

Then again it is the middle of a culling so everyone would be screaming anyway, especially since their is a giabt blue light which even Teyla doesn't recognise from the drawrings in that underground place.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X