Finale arc kicks off with "Omen"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finale arc kicks off with "Omen"

Just finished the first draft of this one, and here's some early info on the episode...

Formerly known as "Paths in Darkness," the episode has now be renamed to "Omen". It's the 19th episode of the season, and it kicks off the six episode long finale arc, which will wrap up this season.

The title was changed because "Paths in Darkness" sounded a little similiar to "Path of Revelation," but it was also felt that "Omen" is the more appropriate title.

Things start off with an unusual visitor who steps through the gate, and brings some pretty grim news about the future. After that, the team heads off to a planet where they hope to gain access to what could be considered some very, very important information.

The ending of this episode will lead straight into the next episode, which is titled "The Guardians".

Some things I can tell you about the finale arc in general is that we'll be seeing a lot of familiar faces, and there'll be lots of things paying off that we've set up earlier in the season.

Well, that's the latest for now. Unless anyone had questions. In that case, feel free to ask.
    Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

6 part arc? Wow. I can't wait to see what that's like.
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Rubit View Post
      Just finished the first draft of this one, and here's some early info on the episode...

Formerly known as "Paths in Darkness," the episode has now be renamed to "Omen". It's the 19th episode of the season, and it kicks off the six episode long finale arc, which will wrap up this season.

The title was changed because "Paths in Darkness" sounded a little similiar to "Path of Revelation," but it was also felt that "Omen" is the more appropriate title.

Things start off with an unusual visitor who steps through the gate, and brings some pretty grim news about the future. After that, the team heads off to a planet where they hope to gain access to what could be considered some very, very important information.

The ending of this episode will lead straight into the next episode, which is titled "The Guardians".

Some things I can tell you about the finale arc in general is that we'll be seeing a lot of familiar faces, and there'll be lots of things paying off that we've set up earlier in the season.

Well, that's the latest for now. Unless anyone had questions. In that case, feel free to ask.
      Wow! When I first read it my first thought was, six part arc, too long, then I remembered ST: Enterprise, the entire 3rd Season was entirely one giant arc, and that was some of the best Trek. Then you have Babylon 5 which is a series long arcs, at least te first four seasons. So interesting, hopefully it will be good, the Omen, sounds great the whole opening plot that will lead the Horizon message into a new amazing future, full of adventure and danger, hopes that it will be great, and from the writers of Horizon I expect just that.

Comment

Yeah, expect season ending arcs to show up pretty much every season from Horizon.

Season One has "The Enoly," "In Purgatory's Shadow," "Counterpoint," "Home Front," "Absolution," "Secrets and Lies," and "Judgement Day."

Season Two had "Catch 22," "In Times of Despair," "Preemptive Strike" and "Revolution."

So really, season one had a longer arc than this and tihngs seems to turn out okay.
        Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
        Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
        Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
        Stargate Destiny, Fan
        Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

what happened to the higher plane and on the stargate universe site you guys got rid of against the grain what is going on?

Comment

Against the Grain's been postponed to season 4 for a reason that I'm not sure if I'm allowed to reveal. (Although I'm certain that an announcement will be made at some point in the near future.)

Comment

"Against The Grain" will be an early Season Four episode. Basically what happened is that the "finale arc," as we call it around the office, is now looking more like a seven episode arc. It was planned as six initially, but as so often, as things evolve, it ends up running longer than originally expected. Right now we have drafts for the first two, and outlines in the works for the following three.

But we all love the concept of "Against The Grain," so it's safe to say we'll be seeing it in Season Four.

A certain element that was featured in the story for "The Higher Plane" will be seen in "The Guardians," which is now episode 20. As for what we were planning to do initially, I can't really go into it, because it's still possible we might see "The Higher Plane" come to life one of these days.

This is nothing uncommon. Things change around all the time while a show is in production, which is why many titles that are announced early on are still subject to change. We never plan too far ahead with regard to details, because the best ideas are often the ones that come out of the blue.

Great to see that these changes are noticed, by the way.

Comment

But the episode realease order will still be the same, uh, I mean the realease dates for each episode will still be the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
                  But the episode realease order will still be the same, uh, I mean the realease dates for each episode will still be the same.
                  Definitely -- there's no change regarding any of the release dates.

Comment

what about the whole get in the gate contest?

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                      what about the whole get in the gate contest?
                      Forgot to reply to this earlier. Sorry about that.

Some time this weekend I'll be talking to Cindy, who's been overseeing the email address to which the answers have been sent. Then we'll work out a date by which everyone will have to submit their answers, and the winner will be announced by the end of this month -- just on time to make an appearance in the season finale.

Comment

will we know what the name of the character will be and if it will be human, vorian, tok'ra or if he/she is military or a civilian.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                          will we know what the name of the character will be and if it will be human, vorian, tok'ra or if he/she is military or a civilian.
                          Oh, the name will be whatever the winner's name is.

Comment

I've already sent mine in...
                            sigpic
                            Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Working...
                            X