Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When are we going to get a more space-centric episode?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When are we going to get a more space-centric episode?

I'm really tired of all of these ship-centric ones. You'd think they'd break a couple of them up and insert something about them moving between planets, systems, etc.

(Thread noted because of episode before last, previous episode, and next episode)

Personally, I'm just fine with how the episodes have been playing out. We've had plenty of "space-centric" eps.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Well a bit of seperation would be nice, aka one ship, one space etc.

Although that might've been the case I don't remember, oh well not a big deal.

Comment

If you want space ship battles than watch Stargate, they like blowing ships up.

Comment

The whole point of the reimagined episode is to get away from the traditional space opera. Making shipboard, character driven stories is the way to do that.

Comment

yeah but you gotta admit. viper/raider dogfights are frakking awsome. i quite enjoy the character driven episodes but we have had a long spate of them recently.
            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Yeah, I'm just kinda curious what the heck they're even doing right now... They're "on the way to earth" I suppose... But do they know what direction to go? Do we assume they are periodically jumping to get there, or just kinda floating? Why can't the cylons find them as easily as they used to be able to? Seems to me they're just cruising along without any purpose but survival...

Comment

they're heading in the general direction of earth. i think they're heading for that nebula they found out about in home.

Comment

I don't think they're heading anywhere... They're just floating in space waiting for Baltar to give them the coordinates of their next jump.

Not like there's Cylon on their tail anyway, they don't need to hurry anywhere. Besides, they've gotta accomondate all that refugee first.

Comment

What refugees anyway? Those from the ships that got lost or something?

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch_Razor View Post
                      What refugees anyway? Those from the ships that got lost or something?
                      yep and for some reason they dropped that storyline and than brought it back weeks later. They have to have been off the planet for weeks, if not months now and they are still just finding out where to put these people? Thank god for 13 episodes next year, I have already seen several episodes I would cut from this season.

Comment

Yeah I wouldn't mind a good epsiode full of constant attacks, explosions, and dogfights either. But I'm sure the cost would be out the arse.

Comment

Originally posted by Oreo View Post
                          yep and for some reason they dropped that storyline and than brought it back weeks later. They have to have been off the planet for weeks, if not months now and they are still just finding out where to put these people? Thank god for 13 episodes next year, I have already seen several episodes I would cut from this season.
                          What if they cut ythe wrong ones

Comment

It's sort iof unrealistic for Galactica to get into battles every other episode. Almost every "battle" ends with them retreating or down right losing. In stargate a ship can go "OMG shields to 10%!!!" and then be right back to normal the next episode, but the realism RDM has tried to bring about actual warfare tactics prohibits that.

Notice how Galactica now looks like absolute crap after Exodus. Unless they write something in similar to the Scar episode with repairs from mining minerals or something, it's never going to go back to the way it used to look. Or even the way it used to perform defensively. Space battles with the scale/outcome Resurrection Ship/Exodus brought us are pretty much over.

Of course general space "action" is will always be around, Vipers and all, but I'm not expecting another RSII/Exodus II anytime soon.
                            Music Profile: 83710 Songs --- 3714 Artists --- 7051 Albums

Comment

Actually looking at the last ep I think they may have started repairs. I'm not sure but I think the hull looks a little better as if it's ha some partial repairs done to it. But I agree it will never look quite the same ever again.

Comment

Working...
                              X