This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10 years of stargate and not a damn energy weapon

well earth have some but ones good enough to be put on ships and a good offensive weapons

they made that
    Spoiler:
    energy weapon in 'bounty' but thats not what im on about

so is earth gonna get some decent offensive weapons good enough to put on thier ships before the end-timer.....
    sigpic

I hope so
    sigpic

Comment

Probably not before the end of sg-1 the series. we may eventually see them on atlantis or in the movies if they make more of them beyond the 2 we know about.

Comment

My rational to this is because they probably worried that it be to much like Startrek.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by travis View Post
          My rational to this is because they probably worried that it be to much like Star trek.
          i think we could just about get away with it as we already have loads of other races using energy weapons. You know what i miss? that sound the ha'tak's weapons used to make when they firing at planets, you know the one.

Comment

I miss the days when Ha'taks were formidible.
            http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9...sigcopy9ie.jpg
            The Alliance is born!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by fallenexile452 View Post
              i think we could just about get away with it as we already have loads of other races using energy weapons. You know what i miss? that sound the ha'tak's weapons used to make when they firing at planets, you know the one.
              I agree with you there. I think after ten years its only natural to advance to energy weapons. I can understand that SG1 might not want to and if they do to late now since the series is over soon, but Atlantis has no excuse as its a show with the context of technologies and cool gadgits. So naturally it fits in to the show.
              sigpic

Comment

I think they were working on one back in season 7.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Daedalus-304 View Post
                  I think they were working on one back in season 7.
                  correct infact it was the kull warrior weapon
                  sigpic
                  ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Originally posted by deadman View Post
                    I miss the days when Ha'taks were formidible.
                    That's the problem. Each time you have the "oh my god, we're doomed" situation they have to keep upping the ante.

Comment

there is 5 episodes before the movie, thats about what 5 months in the show, they seemed to have the knowlege of how to use the weapon fully, since they are just showing off the weapon im pretty sure theres a larger fully functional or prototype being tested. im quite confident we will have an energy weapon by the movie though i dont know how usefull it woul be.
                      Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Well, frankly, those energy weapons are more brainbugs than anything else.

I almost despise them because they're just your usual big, gravity ignorant and super slow blob of whatever that is fired at spiting range against your enemy.

I'd rather go with more terran like weapons, possibly cruder, but with much more punch in the end.

Railguns, coilguns, all sorts of missiles. That's quite fine for me.

It's quite simple.

Earth has access to superstrong materials. So there, the inherent problems of systems such as railguns don't exist anymore.

So if a ship has enough energy to actually fire blobs of energy at enemy ships, it should also have this same energy to actually accelerate objects at fractions of c.

Do we need an energy weapon when we can already build giant rail/coilguns, making your starship look like a super rifle, like ALIENS' Sulaco on steroids?

I find it far more logical and interesting to come with those weapons, and not the crappy and unoriginal average energy gun that every single damn SF film or show has now.
                        The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Spoiler:
                          the energy weapon in bounty was very big and chunky not really designed for running around and that

we need something aleast light but can pak a punch, the weapon acted like those wraith stunners
                          sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                            the weapon on bounty however was designed by dr lee to fail like he said they have to pretend to make discoveries in technology that really they have already made so what I would take from that is they possibly have something better lined up

What I dont undertsand is why they dont have weapons like the hataks surely the jaffa would give them acess to the technolgy
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Great Lord Baal View Post
                              Spoiler:
                              the weapon on bounty however was designed by dr lee to fail like he said they have to pretend to make discoveries in technology that really they have already made so what I would take from that is they possibly have something better lined up

What I dont undertsand is why they dont have weapons like the hataks surely the jaffa would give them acess to the technolgy
                              well the jaffa is not our friendliest allies around apart from bratac

and the sgc has got schmatics of hataks and that, jonas memerized the whole thing, maybe they need to find a conan and fit it on some ship
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X