This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Weapon idea

I was reading the less then active hand device thread below and an Idea hit me. If the goa'uld could devise a weapon that creates a near fatal shock wave that propels enemies and objects with great force why not create a bomb that does the same. Now Obviously the Alkesh compensate for any missing conventional bomb the goa'uld might need. Drop a few silver teardrops into the atmosphere, carpet bomb the area, and fly on home. But, as we know goa'uld technology is based on Ancient technology, made obvious by weapon similarities. So I think it would be neat, but now impssible, to see an all out battle between Baal or one of the few living system lords and their jaffa army. In which the ori fighters drop devices that emit shockwaves similair to the hand device effect as the two armies engage. This was a mild rant but I was wondering if anyone else would find it interesting in the least bit.

"Their victims knew no peace until the Ori came and whispered to them"Sleep for the end draws near"and on that day all will rejoice when the Ori come and lay them low. "

the ribbon device is more 'for show' than killing. it kills in a spectacular way that's doubtlesly inefficient. is the goa'uld chose to completely wipe out a civilisation, they'd be beyond the 'showy' stage, and just use the most efficient method they could- carpet plasma blast the surface.

Comment

Nukes creates a pretty nice shockwave

Comment

The forces of the Ori already have that weapon. It's called a Prior. Remember in "Beachhead", the Prior is being attacked by the Jaffa villagers, and he uses his staff to propel the Jaffa away a great distance.

It's a neat idea, Øsiris øf the Øri, but between their ships, fighters, Priors, soldiers and the ocassional plague, the Ori have all the weapons they need.
        Coming soon to Syfy and DVD... hopefully!

Comment

Working...
        X