Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why the Ancients won't interfere

Spoiler:
    Because, there is a chance they will be worshipped like the Ori when interfering, and they already saw what happens when that happens (i.e. the Ori and how they got corrupted even though they started with the best of intentions). And the Ancients believe in not interfering partially out of belief in free will, but also because they were more in line with science so perhaps they observe what happens (like reading the paper in the ascended coffee shop where Daniel was).

As much as i want to belive that i dont ....

Seeing how the Ancients can make them selfs look HUMAN or Take a Human form , they could interfere ....

Plus it really wouldnt be interfering ... It would be mroe of teaching ... Ascended Ancients could come down taking Human form to teach us about everthing , Keep the peace between two races , and show us how to live life a little more free ...

Its hard to belive any race that was once the same as us ( HUMAN or Advanced Human ) would stand by and let either inslave use like the Goa'ulds did , or let there enemies try to take control of the galalxy with there own army of followers ...

What i think is the Ancients are just not carring about us at this point .... They look down and see this going on , and as long as there not in trouble they dont truely care abotu interfering ....

Comment

Any why would anyone listen to some guy who preaches peace? What's the difference between an Ascended Ancient taking human form and teaching and a Prior?

I'm 100% with the non-interference policy.

Comment

Well we learned to kill the Ori ourselves didn't we maybe it's better this way or we'd be begging the ancients for everything.

Comment

Because mortal affairs are beneath them. Period.
          sigpic
          "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Just as animals affairs are beneath us yet we still interact with them.

Comment

Originally posted by marty2006 View Post
              Just as animals affairs are beneath us yet we still interact with them.
              Many humans live in sealed houses, travel outside only by car or plane, work in sealed offices, and shriek in terror at the slightest hint of an insect or spider. For these sorts of people, "roughing it" involves a long weekend in a luxury log cabin, in a lightly forested area where the largest animal around is the Chihuahua in the cabin next door, and the humans can spend the whole weekend with the curtains closed, watching old films with several bottles of wine.

In my experience, many of the more "enlightened" humans (i.e. rich and spoilt) live in entirely man-made environments, and would rather not be reminded of just where their meat, leather and dairy products come from. To my mind, the ascended Ancients are similarly vain, believing that their greater knowledge of the universe gives them the right to pass judgement on us, and ignoring just how much the "lower planes" can effect their lifestyle.
              Coming soon to Syfy and DVD... hopefully!

Comment

They can't interfere because it is the law and I don't think they made that law. Someone else will enforce it if they brake it has a hole. Because if that wasn't the case then why don't the Ori just act. I will tell you, it's becasue they are affraid of someone more powerfull stepping in and bringing order.
                *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

If the Ori acts (I don't quite know what you mean by that), they'll have to face the Ancients in battle.

Comment

When Ancients ascend they wake up in Star Trek Voyager... They cannot interfere because it's a different channel.

Comment

I think they won't interfere out of fear.

They are afraid they'll end up turning to the darkside of the force and end up using other people to power themselves. Right now the Orii have their home galaxy powering them, so if it takes the people of two galaxies to power the Orii enough to defeat the Ancients, that's a great deal of power just waiting to be abused.

The Ancients have always been trying to distance themselves from the Ancients and doing certain things would make them closer to being like them and that scares them.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                        I think they won't interfere out of fear.

They are afraid they'll end up turning to the darkside of the force and end up using other people to power themselves. Right now the Orii have their home galaxy powering them, so if it takes the people of two galaxies to power the Orii enough to defeat the Ancients, that's a great deal of power just waiting to be abused.

The Ancients have always been trying to distance themselves from the Ancients and doing certain things would make them closer to being like them and that scares them.
                        What I really don't get is why the AOD (no, not angel of death, the anti-ori-device) had to be "detonated" in the Ori galaxy... Don't ascended beings live in a different dimension beyond the confines of this space time? This brings up two possibilities:

a) The "bomb" doesn't kill the Ori at all, but simply shield them from siphoning power from Tom Cruise

b) Merlin was REALLY getting confused with old age and created a weapon that has nothing to do with the Ori, but rather generates a pulse of orgasmic wave throughout the galaxy...

Comment

You just answered your own question.

Merlin created a device which would cancel out the energy of ascended beings throughout an entire galaxy, more importantly, the galaxy which it's been activated in.

Merlin wouldn't be stupid to create a weapon which could kill all ascended being throughout the universe. He thought on a smaller scale, and created something which would just affect a galaxy, the Orii galaxy to be specific. You don't create the Ascended equivilient of a weapon of mass destruction and drop it in your back garden expecting it to just affect your enemies.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                            You just answered your own question.

Merlin created a device which would cancel out the energy of ascended beings throughout an entire galaxy, more importantly, the galaxy which it's been activated in.

Merlin wouldn't be stupid to create a weapon which could kill all ascended being throughout the universe. He thought on a smaller scale, and created something which would just affect a galaxy, the Orii galaxy to be specific. You don't create the Ascended equivilient of a weapon of mass destruction and drop it in your back garden expecting it to just affect your enemies.
                            So in essense the weapon did NOT destroy the Ori, it just made them go on a diet...

Wow, load of good that did, the Ori soldiers still run around with Adria spreading their belief... Daniel did more damage to Milky Way than its enemy.

Comment

It's never been stated as being able to destroy the Orii, just that it would create a wave or pulse which would be the exact opposite of the energy an ascended being becomes and in essence just cancelling them out.

The wave could have killed them, could have drastically weakened them or hell, maybe it cancelled their energy turning them Alteran again, like some sort of failsafe incase it was against the Ancients

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X