This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time Atlantis took to Pegasus

We know that the Asgard can cross galaxys in minutes, the trip to atlantis takes 3 weeks using our hyperdrive, so i was wondering how long do you think it took atlantis to get to Lantia (the name of the planet in the pegaus galaxy whihc atlantis finally landed on). this may have been discussed earlier but i could not fin it

I bet a bit longer than 3 weeks. We know that Ancient hyperdrive is less advanced than Asgard hyperdrive (No Mans Land) and Atlantis hyperdrive is 5-10 million years old. The city's 3 ZPMs could have compensated the lack of speed, but the truth is, they won't have indefinate life support within the city, especially when and if they had, most likely, most of their MW Ancient population with them (the plague was raging).
    More I wonder how many ZPMs it did take...

Comment

I would say something in the region of 10 days. But thats just a geuss, we know it took less than a day to get from Asuris to Lantia, now a normal hyperdrive can go anywhere in this galaxy within a day, so we can assume atlantis can do that as well. Which puts the hyperdrives on level pegging, Now with a ZPM the deadalus can go intergalactic in 4days, which is much less than usual, but atlantis is much larger and has many more systems to support and so the time will be lost because not all the ZPM's power is going in to the hyperdrive(on deadalus there was another power source for the systems, the ZPM was an addon) and so i think 10day is a good comprimise given the immense power of three ZPMs verses the size and power drain of dragging atlantis through hyperspace to another galaxy whilst sustaining however many toher functions it did while undertaking the journey to the Pegasus galaxy origionally.
      Also bear in mind that atlantis might have remained as a ship, seeding life and stargate in the galaxy, before finally landing on lantia and become a city...its journey may have been very long in reality.
      sigpic
      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
      Stargate : Genesis |
      Original Starship DesignThread
      Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
      11000! green me

Comment

the difference is the asurans atlantis was said they they improved the original atlantis and far grander than the atlantis could ever be....said a robot

so the asuran hyperspace would be better or much improved thean the atlantis one, therefore making the trip to atlantis faster and they might have of improved on power requiremnets aswell

it was aslo mentioned somewhere it would take a week for an asgard ship(we dunno which one maybe a daniel jackson) to reach the peg galaxy, but our ship takes 3 weeks
        sigpic

Comment

the difference is the asurans atlantis was said they they improved the original atlantis and far grander than the atlantis could ever be....said a robot
          The Asurians were created to be a weapon, so who's to say that the Asurans actually knew they built something grander than the Ancients?

All of the Asurian knowledge was given to them by the Ancients, but that doesn't mean they were given all Ancient knowledge. The Antarctic gate is supposed to be 50,000,000 years old, The had been in Pegasus for a few million years yet the Asurians were supposed to have surpassed them in just 10,000? I don't think so. Computer or not, it's doubtful

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Ascended One View Post
            We know that the Asgard can cross galaxys in minutes, the trip to atlantis takes 3 weeks using our hyperdrive,
            Actually, the hyperdrive on the Daedalus (and all BC-304s) IS Asgard in origin, plus an Asgard science vessel took 2 weeks to get to Atlantis.

Originally posted by Semmer View Post
            We know that Ancient hyperdrive is less advanced than Asgard hyperdrive (No Mans Land) and Atlantis hyperdrive is 5-10 million years old.
            It was stated that the Wraith hyperdrives are less advanced than the Asgard drives. Plus the Hyperfiralcus/Orion was able to keep pace and show up at the same time as the Big-D, so I'd say that the two were more or less equal.

Another thing to consider is the sheer difference in mass between the Ancient Cityships and any other spacegoing vessel encountered. The thing is the size of Manhattan, for cryin' out loud! That much extra mass has to take up more power or time to move from place to place.
            sigpic
            http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

[QUOTE=Cory Holmes;6334960]It was stated that the Wraith hyperdrives are less advanced than the Asgard drives. Plus the Hyperfiralcus/Orion was able to keep pace and show up at the same time as the Big-D, so I'd say that the two were more or less equal.QUOTE]

well they equal in some ways but when the daedalus lfet intohyperspace the orion followed straight after but when the daedalus came out of the hyperspace it fired all its nukes long enough for the darts to intercept them and aslo cause damage to the hive and long enough to fire at the earth ship

THEN the orion came out of hyperspace, so i thinking the asgard hyperdrive is alot better than the anceint one, even though it is intergalactic
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                The Asurians were created to be a weapon, so who's to say that the Asurans actually knew they built something grander than the Ancients?

All of the Asurian knowledge was given to them by the Ancients, but that doesn't mean they were given all Ancient knowledge. The Antarctic gate is supposed to be 50,000,000 years old, The had been in Pegasus for a few million years yet the Asurians were supposed to have surpassed them in just 10,000? I don't think so. Computer or not, it's doubtful
                i didnt say they had ancient knowledge

i dont really care they said they biult the cityship far better than what the ancient would ever do
                sigpic

Comment

There would have been no rush to get to Lantia so who knows how long it took.

Comment

When did an asgard science vessel go to Atlantis???

Comment

Originally posted by wise one View Post
                      well they equal in some ways but when the daedalus lfet intohyperspace the orion followed straight after but when the daedalus came out of the hyperspace it fired all its nukes long enough for the darts to intercept them and aslo cause damage to the hive and long enough to fire at the earth ship

THEN the orion came out of hyperspace, so i thinking the asgard hyperdrive is alot better than the anceint one, even though it is intergalactic
                      The Orion was also so severly damaged that they weren't sure if it was even going to fly when they first saw it.

When did an asgard science vessel go to Atlantis???
                      That's what brought Weir and Woolsey back to Atlantis in 3x02 Misbegotten. And I was wrong, taking an Asgard vessel to Pegasus only took one week, "shaving two weeks off".
                      Last edited by Cory Holmes; 16 February 2007, 08:03 AM.
                      sigpic
                      http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

[QUOTE=Cory Holmes;6335425]The Orion was also so severly damaged that they weren't sure if it was even going to fly when they first saw it.QUOTE]

well it did fly LOL

they been flying it for 3months when they got it and they was no problem power except for transferring it to drones.

and other problems not mentioned
                        sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=wise one;6335082]
                          Originally posted by Cory Holmes View Post
                          It was stated that the Wraith hyperdrives are less advanced than the Asgard drives. Plus the Hyperfiralcus/Orion was able to keep pace and show up at the same time as the Big-D, so I'd say that the two were more or less equal.QUOTE]

Im not much into tech. but I have a feeling that anything the Asgard does is far more advance than the ancients. It could be to that they also made few if any mistakes. The ancients were prone to making alot of mistakes. Most of the ships I know of can easily make it to atlantis in 2 weeks not three.

Comment

Originally posted by Cory Holmes View Post
                            The Orion was also so severly damaged that they weren't sure if it was even going to fly when they first saw it.

That's what brought Weir and Woolsey back to Atlantis in 3x02 Misbegotten. And I was wrong, taking an Asgard vessel to Pegasus only took one week, "shaving two weeks off".
                            The Orion did make it back just barely. Rodney got it working. Yes it only took the asgard vessel about a week. Pretty darn fast!!

Comment

Originally posted by Semmer View Post
                              I bet a bit longer than 3 weeks. We know that Ancient hyperdrive is less advanced than Asgard hyperdrive (No Mans Land) and Atlantis hyperdrive is 5-10 million years old. The city's 3 ZPMs could have compensated the lack of speed, but the truth is, they won't have indefinate life support within the city, especially when and if they had, most likely, most of their MW Ancient population with them (the plague was raging).
                              More I wonder how many ZPMs it did take...
                              The Ancients had 2 types of hyperdrives, intergalactic (atlantis) and interstellar(ancient warships). It probably took Atlantis 3 days at cruise speed with 3 full zpms.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X