This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlantis Shields Question

Is it just me or when the shield was raising it was faster in siege3 (season2 Ep1) than in first strike(Season3 Ep20), also if the atlantis shields were to go down or run out of power, doesnt atlantis have life support system so that the interior of atlantis has oxygen but the exterior doesnt like the dadaelus when it shields were out in No man's land against the battle of the wraith hive ship??

Well sure, there will be life support, but that won't last forever.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
      Well sure, there will be life support, but that won't last forever.
      Yea but it will by the atlantian team more time to find a better solution, also doesnt the lights around atlantis take up power?? if so why dont they turn it off??

Comment

Because they want to see?

Whatever they're going to do, we'll have to wait until next season to find out.

Comment

Also Atlantis isn't the most solid ship out there. Any small asteroids would cause critical damage if the shield was down.
          Disliked a recent episode?
          Hate the current season Stargate Atlantis or SG1?
          The writers killed off your favourite character?

Well suck it up Cupcake. It is only a Television Show.

Comment

yeah and remember there are alot of doors that lead to the viewing balconies on the towers and piers etc and those doors aren't exactly air tight are they?

Comment

You guys forgetting the fact that the control tower was blasted wide open by the beam. Airtight doors will not do much good if the windows are gone.

Comment

Atlantis has a lot of windows, pressure inside and a vaccum outside = windows breaking loss of atmosphere!!! Bye Bye to all people inside the city.

Now in use. pps is at 4,929 Terawatts
                pps = power per second
                The power that power's the great cities of the Ancients.
                xfire = zpm
                [m2k] klan, and forever will be.
                http://m2kclan.com
                vent info: voice250.hurricanehost.com
                port: 3785
                P90>M4A1+AK47+Machine Gun
                halo player and cs:s, cs:1.6, cz, cod2.
                Save Stargate NOW!!!- http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/Stargate/

Comment

For being such a big ship, its not too sturdy without sheilds
                  Originally posted by cowpants
                  ...you did it. I can't believe you actually did it. I am quite frankly astounded that you did it.

Thanks to you, I now want several mods to start mating with each other. I wanting to see what Moderator procreation will have in store for us.

And I thought that no one could get me to want this.

Congrats Mapp, you are officially the single most disturbed individual on GW.
                  Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                  Rosilin for pres

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkygate
                    Is it just me or when the shield was raising it was faster in siege3 (season2 Ep1) than in first strike(Season3 Ep20),
                    Hypothesis: the shield has a buffer that holds extra power in a source closer to the shield. They ran out of buffer-power, so it took longer the next time because it had to get power all the way from the ZPMs. Kind of like the shield was primed and ready the first time, but the next time it had to be reloaded.

also if the atlantis shields were to go down or run out of power, doesnt atlantis have life support system so that the interior of atlantis has oxygen but the exterior doesnt like the dadaelus when it shields were out in No man's land against the battle of the wraith hive ship??
                    My guess here would be Probably Not. It was stated that the city itself was fragile; it was not actually designed to withstand being underwater unprotected. Some parts of it could plausibly be safe, but we've never seen anything to hint toward that.

Yea but it will by the atlantian team more time to find a better solution, also doesnt the lights around atlantis take up power?? if so why dont they turn it off??
                    Realistically, the power requirements of the lights should be microspuds. (Check out what Earth's very own white LED flashlights can do on three AAA batteries these days.)

As 'advanced' as the Ancients were, they should have a more power-conserving solution than the incandescent bulb...
                    [center]springhole.net - stuff for writers, roleplayers, and such creative people.

Comment

the ancients wouldnt of thought of that since they had 3 zpms powering there city

ancient: well we have our AA batteries to power our umbrella, no need to seal the city shut just in case we run out of power and lost in space
                      sigpic

Comment

But remember in the rising when the shield went down in parts of the city, the water pressure didnt destory the city even with the shields down, as for the windows when the beam glazed passed it, im sure they have spare parts some where in the city

Comment

Originally posted by Boxytheboxed View Post
                          For being such a big ship, its not too sturdy without sheilds
                          Like McKay said, the people who built the cityship knew that they had a shield that was stronger than any other as well as the ability to make new ZedPMs for it.
                          sigpic
                          http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

If i remember correctly McKay said he was able to bypass some of the safety protcols and raise the shields faster... And when the shield goes down there will be nothing left to hold the atmosphere in they city... The city itself is not airtight..(At least thats my speculation from mckays reaction... He said and i quote "No shield. No atmosphere well.." Damage or no damage they are Frilled if they lose shield while in space..
                            If Someone Trys To Kill You,
                            You Try And Kill Them Right Back..

Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Comment

one the sheild was being drained by a beam weapon 2 they were going slow motion

Comment

Working...
                              X