PDA

View Full Version : Something happens to McKay, speculation/spoilers for eps 2 of season 4

Stargate: Andromeda
February 10th, 2007, 02:47 PM
I read a 'preview' of season 4 episode 2 and it says that:

Mckay dies in the first episode but is brought back to life using ancient technology. But he is missing the 'spark' of life, what do you think will happen?

jenks
February 10th, 2007, 02:49 PM
Where did you read that?

Starxgate
February 10th, 2007, 02:50 PM
If this is true I am sure McKay will be back to being McKay when Sam shows up :P

John - Rodney you suck when your not Rodney
McKay - I know
John - Carter is on her way
McKay - Weeeeeeeeeeeeee

sueKay
February 10th, 2007, 02:55 PM
Source please?

PM me if you can't share on the thread :)

doylefan22
February 10th, 2007, 03:11 PM
What do I think will happen?

All will be well in the end. Even these PTB know better than to do anything too permanent to McKay. Besides, they like writing him too much to screw it up.

Stargate: Andromeda
February 10th, 2007, 03:43 PM
i saw it on wikipedia, so it might no be true

McSwift
February 10th, 2007, 04:13 PM
i saw it on wikipedia, so it might no be true

You're lying.

I just saw this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lifeline_%28Stargate_Atlantis%29

Uber
February 10th, 2007, 04:19 PM
You're lying.

I just saw this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lifeline_%28Stargate_Atlantis%29Not necessarily. I saw someone else post the same information about a week ago so perhaps it was on Wiki but was then deleted.

Will Thorne
February 10th, 2007, 04:29 PM
I saw it too, like 30 minutes ago.

Willow'sCat
February 10th, 2007, 04:32 PM
Source please?Heehee, I just asked Arlessiar to clarify something she posted about what David said at the Con to her, and this may well fit into this happening. ;) but then again... Wikipedia as a source is like having, well like having nothing based in fact at all. No not a huge fan of Wiki... I prefer my facts to be facts not interpretations that change with the wind or the person deleting and/or posting them. ;)

atlantis_babe34
February 10th, 2007, 04:35 PM
i cant find it!!! maybe ur all hallucinating?:P

Will Thorne
February 10th, 2007, 04:37 PM
No it was there! I swear it! Im not crazy I just have another conciousness in my brain!

atlantis_babe34
February 10th, 2007, 04:39 PM
sounds like ur crazy:P

ToasterOnFire
February 10th, 2007, 06:14 PM
I read about this too on that wiki page. It could be just someone messing around, but it may be authentic because it's such a specific blurb...

Will Thorne
February 10th, 2007, 06:32 PM
I read about this too on that wiki page. It could be just someone messing around, but it may be authentic because it's such a specific blurb...

Thank you :D . Someone else who saw it!

ToasterOnFire
February 10th, 2007, 06:43 PM
Hee, you are not insane. Or we are both insane together. :D

If you go to the wiki history page here (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Lifeline_%28Stargate_Atlantis%29&action=history) and then click on the Feb 3 addition (it says it's source is a German interview) you get this. (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Lifeline_%28Stargate_Atlantis%29&oldid=105442427) It's removed the next day, pops up again on Feb 9, and is promptly removed again. Weird.

metabog
February 10th, 2007, 08:37 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Lifeline_%28Stargate_Atlantis%29&oldid=106888996

hope that's all cleared up. It USED to be but someone deleted it, this is a history page.

Anyway, it sounds like a horrible ideea. Bringing people back to life is a sketchy subject, cause then you ask yourself why don't they do it to everyone.

//sorry didn't notice ToasterofFire already explained it.

Willow'sCat
February 10th, 2007, 08:54 PM
For the love of.... can someone ask Joe M? I would love to hear his response. :P :D

atlantis_babe34
February 10th, 2007, 09:00 PM
dude everytime i click on the link its not there.. Will gave me the link like 4 times and it wasnt there.. and im not crazy.. i've been tested:P

Reaceania
February 10th, 2007, 10:30 PM
Hee, you are not insane. Or we are both insane together. :D

If you go to the wiki history page here (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Lifeline_%28Stargate_Atlantis%29&action=history) and then click on the Feb 3 addition (it says it's source is a German interview) you get this. (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Lifeline_%28Stargate_Atlantis%29&oldid=105442427) It's removed the next day, pops up again on Feb 9, and is promptly removed again. Weird.
I already know I'm nutty (it helps with my job) ;)
That's amusing. Someone puts it up, someone takes it way etc etc. :D

"without a soul" Okay. McKay's what, going to need to visit the wonderful wizard then i guess? ;)
If true it could be interesting. Having some deleterious side effect from the um procedure makes it less likely that the equipment gets used again to resurrect other dead folks. Hopefully its not McKay the Zombie ;) (though Katie could play with him and her ferns at the same time). Even if true at the time it was "published" to the best of my knowledge they're still working on scripts and even the production order is off with at least one of the later eps slated for production first, so there's presumably quite a bit of time before that ep hits production. Anything could happen. Regardless, Lifeline is a Binder episode and I have faith in him. This far out I take all "spoilers" with bags full of salt.

I dare someone with a Wiki account to go in there and edit the page to say that:

During an EVA, McKay gets caught inside a giant wooden rabbit that's floating through space and then is slowly nibbled to death by rabid squirrels.
:D

For the love of.... can someone ask Joe M? I would love to hear his response. :P :D
My Magic 8 Ball says that the response to that question will be:
- not to validate or answer the question. :D

(that would be my immediate response in his position)

Peoples_General
February 11th, 2007, 01:24 AM
I read a 'preview' of season 4 episode 2 and it says that:

Mckay dies in the first episode but is brought back to life using ancient technology. But he is missing the 'spark' of life, what do you think will happen?

I think your right... but I don't think it's the 2nd episode of S4. Probably a bit later on, but the team needs McKay to be alive in the first 2 eps.

However...look at one of the titles for S4, I think it's the 4th episode (for now). The episode is being called DOPPELGANGER.

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2007/02/first_season_four_episode_titles.shtml

For those who don't know, here is the definition of "doppelganger":
A ghostly double of a living person, especially one that haunts its fleshly counterpart.

and...
The doppelgängers of folklore cast no shadow, and have no reflection in a mirror or in water. They are supposed to provide advice to the person they shadow, but this advice can be misleading or malicious. They can also, in rare instances, plant ideas in their victim's mind or appear before friends and relatives, causing confusion. In many cases once someone has viewed his own doppelgänger he is doomed to be haunted by images of his ghostly counter-part.

Other folklore says that when a person's dopplegänger is seen, the person him/herself will die shortly. It is considered unlucky to try to communicate with such a dopplegänger.

Definition source: http://www.answers.com/doppelganger&r=67
(more trust worthy than Wikipedia... lol)

travis
February 11th, 2007, 02:04 AM
To those who thinks their crazy, well your not as I've read/saw the same info true or not who knows:)

knowles2
February 11th, 2007, 02:23 AM
Well I have read the info, sounds like a interesting idea, perhaps Mckay dies, early on in the first episode, so it going to be someone else saving Atlantis for a change, be different, and could leave fans who do not read spoiler ****ing annoy that they killed of Mckay, well until they show lifeline anyway.

interesting spoilers, killing of character everyone likes, good for the producers, it nice to hear they have some guts.

doppelgängers. well this sounds like a interesting episode if they are going to be following folklore version of it.

Sounds like their will be a theme running through the first few episode, with a lot change, with cast and perhaps the characters that we all become to no.

I just hope they just do not press that magic rest button after the first three episodes or so.

Nate
February 11th, 2007, 02:23 AM
I'll freely admit I am one adding to the confusion by removing these unsourced spoilers as soon as isee them, granted not on the lifeline article but on Adrift.. http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Adrift_%28Stargate_Atlantis%29&diff=106599711&oldid=106596838

And if they keep poping up without a source I will continue to delete them.. on any of the articles. A few of us are really trying to keep Wikipedia acurate..

Moral of the story, Gateworld will probably get the word first before its sourced enough to put on wikipedia..

Reaceania
February 11th, 2007, 03:40 AM
I'll freely admit I am one adding to the confusion by removing these unsourced spoilers as soon as isee them, granted not on the lifeline article but on Adrift.. http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Adrift_%28Stargate_Atlantis%29&diff=106599711&oldid=106596838

And if they keep poping up without a source I will continue to delete them.. on any of the articles. A few of us are really trying to keep Wikipedia acurate..

Moral of the story, Gateworld will probably get the word first before its sourced enough to put on wikipedia..
Go you! You get a green! I tend not to put much weight in “spoilers” unless I know the source. And even then so much can change (I’ve heard writers for shows comment on scripts before an ep airs, but then certain scenes didn’t make the final cut). This one could easily just be someone playing around especially this far out from filming S4.

I'm always willing to throw around ideas in my head about S4 and JM is so good at feeding them. I like to explore the possibilities I guess you could say and the number of possibilities going around in my mind for what they could do in S4 is scary (not that I give them much credence, but its fun to explore :P). So speaking of a JM hint ...

Re: Doppelganger (a couple of posts back):
Doppelganger as a theme in tv/film often gets used to simply indicate a double standing in for a regular cast member. For example, NCIS had an episode specifically called that but basically it was just every member of the NCIS team duplicated in a local investigating team. Other shows like The Avengers have frequently used the idea in their stories (usually in the form of an evil clone or that type of thing). The X-Files used it in a S7 ep called Fight Club, but in addition to everyone having doubles etc they also used the harbinger of disaster element too (Trivia - in that it was Mitch Pileggi’s (Caldwell) wife who played Scully’s doppelganger).

I’ll be interested to see what they do with it. I had the idea of an Asuran double highest on my list but this idea of McKay not being himself could also work in there if the "spoiler" has any validity.

Does “the late fallen one makes a surprised reappearance” ring a bell? :)

metabog
February 11th, 2007, 03:59 AM
Reminds me of the episode in Star Trek: Voyager, when Neelix died and Seven brought him back to life, and then neelix lost the will to live.

Klenotka
February 11th, 2007, 06:44 AM
I think I wouldn´t take too serious unconfirmed spoiler. But I think I would kicked someone´s ass if

It´s gonna be Carter who saves Atlantis. Isn´t she perfect enough? She has never done any mistake in SG1, come on, who never made any mistake? It´s Atlantis´crew city and it´s up to them to save their city. They have McKay and Zelenka, they don´t need Carter to safe them. If is it only slightly true, that Carter will rescue them...well, I don´t want it...but it´s just my opinion

huntress
February 11th, 2007, 06:57 AM
Well I just read it too. I clicked on the link and there was the information. Can't they come up with something original and making Rodney a depressed version of himself is something I don't need.

Boxytheboxed
February 11th, 2007, 07:10 AM
I just saw the page
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lifeline_%28Stargate_Atlantis%29#External_links
its great look at the external links hehehehe

Vala_M
February 11th, 2007, 08:16 AM
It Was A Totally Fake Bit Of Info That Was Spammed Onto Wiki! It Wasn't For Real. Check Out The Page's History Tab And There You'll See It Under "added Bit From German Interview".

Agt58

JohnDuh
February 11th, 2007, 08:29 AM
You're lying.

I just saw this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lifeline_%28Stargate_Atlantis%29

Don't accuse people of lying unless you have absolute proof, and a wikipage isn't it.

JohnDuh
February 11th, 2007, 08:30 AM
No it was there! I swear it! Im not crazy I just have another conciousness in my brain!

People, wikipedia pages have "history" links, which shows the edits done to that page. Check the history page and we can see that the information you talked about was there (and who removed it) - of course someone had also written that mckay got nibbled to death by space bunnies - that was removed as well.

Willow'sCat
February 11th, 2007, 12:51 PM
Does “the late fallen one makes a surprised reappearance” ring a bell? :)Well that was what I thought about when I read this spoiler/not spoiler. I mean everyone seems to be thinking that bit of Joe's poem (thingy) is about Carson but I think after Sunday unless it is a ghost :rolleyes: it may well be McKay. I mean surprised reappearance that would fit.

LOL! I love the vague. :P

Arlessiar
February 11th, 2007, 03:20 PM
Woah, rumours, spoilers and speculations! While I love to speculate about upcoming eps, some rumours also frighten me (especially since some of the rumours always turn out to be true --> CB). And I'm not happy about this rumour! I don't want to see Rodney dying and coming back without the 'spark of life', because seriously, that sounds like the big reset button, the "let's wipe out any development Rodney had and make him the arrogant jerk again so that we can have the old Carter/McKay combination again, since AT comes to Atlantis, and we have no idea how to handle that, we only know how to write lovesick loser Rodney"

Meeeeep. :(

Heehee, I just asked Arlessiar to clarify something she posted about what David said at the Con to her, and this may well fit into this happening. ;) Hi there. :) Hmm, how does the beard thing fit if he dies?

I mean everyone seems to be thinking that bit of Joe's poem (thingy) is about Carson but I think after Sunday unless it is a ghost :rolleyes: it may well be McKay. I mean surprised reappearance that would fit. As if the poem related rumours about Jeannie's return (KH said at P2 that there's the vague possibility that JM might come back for one ep - yeah!!! :)) and someone's possible fatherhood (not yeah :S) weren't exciting/upsetting enough, now also this! I also thought it had to do with Carson, but with the new rumours it also might be Rodney related. :S

All the rumours about season 4 concern me. Too much is changing or might change.

Bye, A.

sueKay
February 11th, 2007, 03:26 PM
*If* it's true...

Maybe McKay dies heroically saving Atlantis at the end of adrift...everyone's heartbroken...Carter realises he wasn't an arrogant coward, feels very sad and sorry (cue the Sam angst you know we'll get regardless since she's no longer on SG1 :mckay:)

Cue McKay coming back in Lifeline...McKay acting very blank and withdrawn, will remarkably have an epiphany

Next episode it's all back to normal

...maybe that's the real reset?

Sorry am I being a tad too snarky?

PG15
February 11th, 2007, 04:56 PM
Sorry am I being a tad too snarky?

Just a smidge. :p

Well, we've already disproven the "Weir will be in only 4 eps" rumor, so I don't see how this is anymore valid.

I'll believe it when I see it.

jenks
February 11th, 2007, 11:08 PM

Well, we've already disproven the "Weir will be in only 4 eps" rumor, so I don't see how this is anymore valid.

How was it disproven?

PG15
February 11th, 2007, 11:18 PM
Joe Mallozzi said so on his blog.

Willow'sCat
February 11th, 2007, 11:25 PM
Hmm, how does the beard thing fitI was thinking more of passage of time, there is nothing to say we go straight back to where we left off, or if he Ascended, which is what I am actually thinking will happen, but comes back, but not as himself... Um, he comes back wrong. I love this idea, unlike many I loved it when Buffy died and she had to dig herself out of her own grave! :P All that time she spent thinking she was broken but was really just herself.

This could be so cool. I would love a really depressed and introspective McKay. Having faced death realised there is no god and having to come back to an Atlantis he feels no connection to.

*yes I know this is all based on nothing...rumour... but I would love it*

lunarleviathan
February 11th, 2007, 11:27 PM
I heard that McKay is killed by an Ancient deep fat fryer when trying to figure out what it is. He's arguing with Zelenka who finally snaps and drowns him in the hot fat...

Stupid, yes, but most rumours are.

Klenotka
February 12th, 2007, 04:37 AM
We can be sure that he won´t stay dead (if this rumor is true;) which I think, isn´t). I would see it like big chance for A: Finally give to DH to act, like I saw him in his movies but writers of SG didn´t give him a chance or B: give to people around him finally chance to say that they actually miss McKay and that they like him (wrong word, I know, I can´t think anyting else:) ) if he were in coma or so.
Or is it everything just stupid mistake and nothing bad happanes, and they just need Carter to get into SGA in way that "McKay screwed again, Carter will fix it"...why Zelenka couldn´t fix it, hmm?

pavaneofstars
February 12th, 2007, 08:53 AM
We can be sure that he won´t stay dead (if this rumor is true;) which I think, isn´t). I would see it like big chance for A: Finally give to DH to act, like I saw him in his movies but writers of SG didn´t give him a chance or B: give to people around him finally chance to say that they actually miss McKay and that they like him (wrong word, I know, I can´t think anyting else:) ) if he were in coma or so.

I like how you think. :)

I've been reading everybody's ideas on this rumor/not rumor and sadly I don't have anything original to contribute. :P I just hope that when it is over, McKay is still on the show.

Haliyah
February 12th, 2007, 11:58 PM
I like how you think. :)

I've been reading everybody's ideas on this rumor/not rumor and sadly I don't have anything original to contribute. :P I just hope that when it is over, McKay is still on the show.

I...really don't think they're going to kill Rodney, at least not in any remotely permanent way. He's far too essential to Atlantis, and fandom would totally desert the show.

However...if he does die...

Maybe Chaya (or even Oma Desala...who knows?) will take pity on him and bring him back somehow, by collecting his consciousness and creating a new body out of energy (or something), but the Higher Powers harbour so much dislike towards her efforts to save humanity (because, let's face it; if there's anyone who can save Pegasus, it's probably McKay) that they deprive him of human feeling, or his soul, to punish her.

twinchaosblade
February 13th, 2007, 02:04 PM
Honestly people, I'm perfectly peeved, not only by the alleged spoiler but especially by some posts in here. I understand that everybody feels differently about the characters of the franchise and I don't want to offend anyone of you. You are entitled to your opinion just as I am to mine but I think some things definitely need to be said.

First of all I don't give much about spoilers so far in advance of actually filming but I can totally imagine TPTB trying such a stunt.

Yet, what works me up the most is the fact that the team on Atlantis already lost a dear friend (Carson Beckett, remember? Used to be the local doc, nice guy you know, still poorly used if ever at all...) and did they ever go into detail with the aftermath of that tragic loss? NOPE! If they really wanted to explore the team's feelings on losing someone close, why would they need to kill yet another member to do it instead of investigating it through the death they already have to deal with. In 'Sunday' Rodney said Carson was his best friend, they all looked quite sad at the memorial service and that was it. They obviously really treated Beckett as a friend when they moved on like nothing had happened in the very next episode. I mean eight whole minutes of grief are clearly enough for getting over it when it's not about McKay or Sheppard dying...! :mad: But as I said before, this whole insanity is something I would perfectly expect from people who kill off one of the most popular characters of the show and treat his death as if it meant nothing to any of them! That is really adding insult to... okay, insult!

So you think Rodney of all people deserves to ascend and then be brought back, why in all good heaven's don't you think the same applies for Carson?! What did the sweetest soul in two galaxies do to be treated with such disgrace? I really like McKay but pulling that kind of stunt with him when they should rather be doing it with someone else (not because he deserves it more but because he is already dead, no need at all to kill yet another one), is definitely mean. Do the words cruel and unusual mean anything?
Also, if they do such lame things to McKay, the chances for them to do something remotely similar to ever reinstate Carson are getting infinitesimal to say the least.

Truthfully, at the moment I surely feel like crashing my head against the nearest wall till it stops hurting...! :mad: :mad:

And just to annoy those of you who have to survive with dial-up ;) , here are two nice caps from the German cartoon "In der Arche ist der Wurm drin" that sum up my feelings perfectly:

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p160/twinchaosblade/General/Arche%20Drache/Drache6.jpg

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p160/twinchaosblade/General/Arche%20Drache/Drache11.jpg

prion
February 14th, 2007, 08:55 AM
Heehee, I just asked Arlessiar to clarify something she posted about what David said at the Con to her, and this may well fit into this happening. ;) but then again... Wikipedia as a source is like having, well like having nothing based in fact at all. No not a huge fan of Wiki... I prefer my facts to be facts not interpretations that change with the wind or the person deleting and/or posting them. ;)

Wikipedia constantly changes, and ANYONE can make a change. With TV shows, inaccuracies are bound to occur a lot. That's one reason why some colleges don't want students using Wikipedia as a resource.

prion
February 14th, 2007, 08:56 AM

Heh, well, the "Weir will become recurring" rumors sure as hell came true. With Carter in 14 episodes (so said the producers), it woudn't surprise me if they cut Weir back to half a dozen or less.

ShadowMaat
February 14th, 2007, 09:07 AM
Quoting Wiki as a reliable source is as bad as quoting IMDB as reliable. :P

According to Wiki, in the the ep Sunday Lorne went home due to a death in the family. Utter Bull.

When anyone with boogers for braincells can update a site, chances are the info should be taken with a grain of salt and a heavy dose of skepticism.

If a reliable source such as Gateworld or (I know there's another one, I just can't remember it) reports the same info, I'll believe it. Until then I'm filing it under BS.

HOWEVER, even as an unfounded rumor it still sounds like a bad idea. If you're going to kill someone off, they should STAY DEAD. This whole killing someone to serve a plot point and then bringing them back again is a cheap gimmick that ruins the integrity of the show... and the character that gets "killed."

JMHO, of course, but I'm sick of meaningless, temporary deaths. And the next person who says "Nobody ever really dies in scifi" is going to get a keyboard shoved up their arse. :P

prion
February 14th, 2007, 09:16 AM
Quoting Wiki as a reliable source is as bad as quoting IMDB as reliable. :P

According to Wiki, in the the ep Sunday Lorne went home due to a death in the family. Utter Bull.

When anyone with boogers for braincells can update a site, chances are the info should be taken with a grain of salt and a heavy dose of skepticism.

If a reliable source such as Gateworld or (I know there's another one, I just can't remember it) reports the same info, I'll believe it. Until then I'm filing it under BS.

It depends upon where you get your information. Some of us do have reliable sources who we can't divulge. GW gets lots of its info from posts other fans make here and on other sites, so they've made mistakes too. No site is perfect, unless, except perhaps Hollywood Reporter or Variety, as those are trade publications. If they goof (rarely), they print retractions.

ShadowMaat
February 14th, 2007, 09:48 AM
Yeah, but I'd consider GW more reliable than Wiki or IMDB. And there are a few others out there who generally tend to have accurate info, I just can't come up with the names right now. But Wiki? For spoilers?! I don't think so.

ussrelativity
February 14th, 2007, 11:04 AM
Yeah, but I'd consider GW more reliable than Wiki or IMDB. And there are a few others out there who generally tend to have accurate info, I just can't come up with the names right now. But Wiki? For spoilers?! I don't think so.

No one here should trust Wikipedia for spoilers. It's as simple as that. Since anyone can edit the pages, it is completely unreliable unless their is a backed solid reference like GW.

jenks
February 16th, 2007, 03:10 PM
Heh, well, the "Weir will become recurring" rumors sure as hell came true. With Carter in 14 episodes (so said the producers), it woudn't surprise me if they cut Weir back to half a dozen or less.

That was never a rumour though was it, the producers just came right out and said it...

techjunkie
April 2nd, 2007, 03:08 PM
General comment about 'sourcing' from Wikipedia:

On topics of real world significance, with historical value - they're quite reliable. In fact, they match up rather well with classic Encyclopedia Britanica and Microsoft stilted web version of a 'resource'.

Would I reference it as a source of fact? No, not yet. But I will check it out of curiosity. The technology 'just isn't there' yet to proclaim 100% accuracy. The good news is their history function gives us an excellent example of how they try to maintain accuracy.

Unfortunately - the weakest link in Wikipedia is it's own members - especially for reporting on Science Fiction elements.

General Law of Wiki Entrophy: The farther from reality a Wiki-entry is, the greater the chance it will attract editors with an equally distant grip on reality.

Tech Junkie

Willow'sCat
April 2nd, 2007, 11:50 PM
That wasn't a rumour, the rumour was AFAIK that Weir was being killed off, it was a stated fact the she would be recurring, unless you can tell us where you heard it as a rumour before tptb actually said it? :S

And as for the amount of eps, I am yet to hear from tptb what the amount is, and Weir now being recurring means she may well be in 10 eps or 6 eps or 16 eps, and in those eps she may well appear for two seconds, just like Chuck, but she would still be recurring.

Integrabyte
April 3rd, 2007, 12:55 AM
Hope he likes lemons after his resurrection...

Mimzy
April 4th, 2007, 07:44 PM
If this is true I am sure McKay will be back to being McKay when Sam shows up :P

John - Rodney you suck when your not Rodney
McKay - I know
John - Carter is on her way
McKay - Weeeeeeeeeeeeee

GAAH, I agree :lol:
I really wonder if that's going to happen...Him dying and coming back to life and all...As long as he doesn't die and KAPUT, that's the end of it. *cough*:beckett: Carson*cough* That would ruin the show.

nihela
April 6th, 2007, 08:11 AM
Yes I've heard Mckay dies after having a stroke when
spoilers for S4
he sees the pics on Sam's desk - especially the fishing one !!!

Mimzy
April 6th, 2007, 08:47 AM
spoilers for S4

:eek: :( :comeon: :sheppardanime32: :atlantistrio:
OH NO! POOR MCKAY! That is so sad!

prion
April 6th, 2007, 10:15 AM
spoilers for S4

Ha! Yeah, well, Carter is taking over command of Atalntis (verified by SciFi magazine) so her close proximity kicks in her infamous 'black widow curse' and that's what does in McKay.

kymeric
April 6th, 2007, 10:53 AM
spark? WTF is he a transformer XD

Kidwizz
April 6th, 2007, 06:43 PM
guys its true!!!!! :'( JM blogged about it... :(:(:(

Anonymous 2 writes: "Do you mean that there was an argument between the scriptwriters concerning the death of McKay?"

Answer: The big argument was exactly how to kill him. Carl wanted to go with rabid space squirrel while Martin wanted to stick with the tried and true exploding tumor. I thought it would be cool to have him done in by a whipped lemon curd. Tune in to season four and find out what we eventually decided to go with.

PG15
April 6th, 2007, 06:53 PM
Yeah....looks like the joke went over some people's heads.

Come on guys, use your brain.

vaberella
April 6th, 2007, 06:58 PM
Yeah....looks like the joke went over some people's heads.

Come on guys, use your brain.

What can be said PG? There is no accounting for IQ levels!!:S :mckay:

**We need a headdesk emoticon on here. I'm surprised we didn't get one long ago, it would say so much with just one move! :D

PG15
April 6th, 2007, 07:03 PM
Hmmm...better call Gilles and demand ask him nicely to make us some. ;)

Mitchell82
April 6th, 2007, 07:05 PM
So are they actually killing Mckay or not?

PG15
April 6th, 2007, 07:21 PM
No, of course not. :p

vaberella
April 6th, 2007, 08:07 PM
So are they actually killing Mckay or not?

Nopers, there is a storyline working around ascending I do believe. But there's really nothing about him being killed.

Steve_the_Wraith
April 6th, 2007, 08:16 PM
Nopers, there is a storyline working around ascending I do believe. But there's really nothing about him being killed.
The rumours of McKay's death are based off a Wikipedia entry that was quickly removed.

As anyone can alter Wikipedia and the article didn't have a source its is about as accurate as me claiming that Carter isn't joining the show but RepliCarter who joined the Asurans is going to fall in love with McKay and join the expedition

vaberella
April 6th, 2007, 08:27 PM
The rumours of McKay's death are based off a Wikipedia entry that was quickly removed.

As anyone can alter Wikipedia and the article didn't have a source its is about as accurate as me claiming that Carter isn't joining the show but RepliCarter who joined the Asurans is going to fall in love with McKay and join the expedition

Agreed. I'm getting my information on ascension off JM's blog though. I have to go and find it. i think it was talked about sometime in March or Feb. :D

Naonak
April 7th, 2007, 06:31 AM
[snip]Carter isn't joining the show but RepliCarter who joined the Asurans is going to fall in love with McKay and join the expedition
What? That's the stupidest thing they've ever done! I'm never watching again!

Anonymous 2 writes: "Do you mean that there was an argument between the scriptwriters concerning the death of McKay?"

Answer: The big argument was exactly how to kill him. Carl wanted to go with rabid space squirrel while Martin wanted to stick with the tried and true exploding tumor. I thought it would be cool to have him done in by a whipped lemon curd. Tune in to season four and find out what we eventually decided to go with.

Mallozzi's fantastic at winding people up. I loved his 'Two words - "Row" and "Bot"' comment, too. :)

Yagami_Light
April 7th, 2007, 07:55 AM
Wikipedia constantly changes, and ANYONE can make a change. With TV shows, inaccuracies are bound to occur a lot. That's one reason why some colleges don't want students using Wikipedia as a resource.

To be fair, the problem isn't "Wikipedia" so much as it is "unsourced information on Wikipedia." Wikipedia is supposed to be sourced by verifiable 3rd party information. So if you find something that doesn't have a proper citation, take it with a grain of salt. That doesn't mean that all information on their is unreliable. This particular incident was just a case of vandalism.

Mimzy
April 8th, 2007, 08:07 PM
Safer to just stay away from it ;)