- How to Destroy a Wraith Hive Ship -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

- How to Destroy a Wraith Hive Ship -

We know that in line in the sand carter can phase a entire village so that the ori cant detect it, why doesnt the apollo or deadelus have one so that can phase thier 303's or PJ so that they go in a hive ship drop off a few nukes and leave, dephase and then blow the nukes. seems to me that there would be no way to defend against it

if this has already been said then sorry

Originally posted by The Ascended One View Post
    We know that in line in the sand carter can phase a entire village so that the ori cant detect it, why doesnt the apollo or deadelus have one so that can phase thier 303's or PJ so that they go in a hive ship drop off a few nukes and leave, dephase and then blow the nukes. seems to me that there would be no way to defend against it

they r called 304's and it is a good idea but the thing is they only no how to use the phase cloak and they don't no how to reverse engineer it.

Comment

yea thats a good point i did not think of that at the time

Comment

It's been said many, amny times in other threads already (including myself a few times too!).

Simple answer to your question is Wraith aren't the main enemy any longer, so they are pretty much irrelevant these days compared to the Asurans, who are the new big bads.

As to why they won't use it properly, is simply because if they had that, they could easily use it to take out any enemy with easy. No shields or advanced tech could stop it from being deployed. Hence, on Atlantis they could wipe out the Asurans in a single attack.

Cloak a 304 or 2, load it up with nuke warheads & other big bombs. Time their releases so they all hit at once. Once they're all at the correct position, simply de-phase & they re-enter this dimension again. A couple of secs later they go boom. Takes out the whole mega-city. Even if there is a few nanites left over. It would take them donks to re-build & with that, plenty of time to go down & nuke them again to finish them off.

Same thing with Hives, Ori ships & all that. It'll be along the same lines as Atlantis, PJ & Cloak. They could cloak the city, they can install ZPM's on their 304's with ease. But they never thought of installing a cloaking generator on it to make it totally invisible to enemy sensors. This will end up being along the same lines, they had the option but never thought of it. Plot hole, but this is Stargate we're referring to after all!

Comment

I seriously think that we will never actually, directly blow up a Hive Ship using a ship like the 304.

Why?

We can't even blow up a Goa'uld Mothership with the Odyssey, much less blow up a Hive Ship.
          Subspace Energy Technology Thread
          http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...68#post8685268

Comment

Originally posted by McSwift View Post
            I seriously think that we will never actually, directly blow up a Hive Ship using a ship like the 304.

Why?

We can't even blow up a Goa'uld Mothership with the Odyssey, much less blow up a Hive Ship.
            I disagree, one missile did quite alot of damage to a hive, if 3 or more missiles could get through I think the hive would be defeated.

Also I don't think we've ever seen 1 304 go head to head with 1 ha'tak, the numbers have always favoured the Ha'taks, a 304 would likely put up a good fight one on one.

Comment

Just fire the phasing device at the hiveship. Make the field of effect small enough to only affect a small part of it for a few seconds, and if it's moving at all it'll completely rip itself to pieces.

Comment

They only have one "Merlin" phase cloak generator, so it's not like they have a bunch they can spare.
                Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
                  Just fire the phasing device at the hiveship. Make the field of effect small enough to only affect a small part of it for a few seconds, and if it's moving at all it'll completely rip itself to pieces.
                  I don't think Earth is going to throw their best defense against the Ori at a Hive ship....
                  sigpic
                  "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                  ~David Hewlett

Comment

Why blow up a 304 for no reason. Why don't we just cloak a Puddle Jumper or an Al'kesh under cloak, fly into the Dart hunger bay and simply blow up? Its been done before. (with a PJ)

The reason is the TPTB don't want an enemy that we can destroy so easily.

Really, they should have thought of all these things like giving us all this advance technology then not using them the way the fans would like.
                    Last edited by VSHARMA; 11 February 2007, 05:53 AM.

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                      Using the Oddessy's cloak along with using the Horizon weapon i'm sure you could take out as many hives as you want.

Comment

Originally posted by VSHARMA View Post

Why blown up a 304 for no reason. Why don't we just cloak a Puddle Jumper or an Al'kesh under cloak, fly into the Dart hunger bay and simply blow up? Its been done before. (with a PJ)

The reason is the TPTB don't want an enemy that we can destroy so easily.

Really, they should have thought of all these things like giving us all this advance technology then not using them the way the fans would like.
                        The problem is not the tech, the problems are with the enemy being stupid.
                        If the writers made the bad guys smarter then all these tech ideas wouldn't be a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonmatel View Post
                          The problem is not the tech, the problems are with the enemy being stupid.
                          If the writers made the bad guys smarter then all these tech ideas wouldn't be a problem.
                          Very True.

Just like the Accents couldn’t defeat the Wraith in Thousands of years, and now Humans turn up destroy Hives, Make a Retro-Virus and fool the Wraith into thinking they destroyed (by Cloaking the city using PJ tech.) all within 3/4 years.

End of the Day, we’re all fans here, we’re all continuing to watch and support the show, so lets hope that the Writers improve the technology side of things.

The SGA Writers prepared the tech story line great at the start until the Siege, then the Story line I feel went downhill.
                          I loved all the business with Darts going though gates, Hive ships and Wraith Jamming technology.

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

Cant they send the 302s with nukes, that be easy
                            Originally posted by cowpants
                            ...you did it. I can't believe you actually did it. I am quite frankly astounded that you did it.

Thanks to you, I now want several mods to start mating with each other. I wanting to see what Moderator procreation will have in store for us.

And I thought that no one could get me to want this.

Congrats Mapp, you are officially the single most disturbed individual on GW.
                            Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                            Rosilin for pres

Comment

what we need is some damn energy weapons!!!!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X