This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

handevice

wouldn't the person that use the goa'oul handdevice fly backward when fireing that "jedilookalikepushthing"? All actions have a reaction?

Originally posted by gatetravel1 View Post
    wouldn't the person that use the goa'oul handdevice fly backward when fireing that "jedilookalikepushthing"? All actions have a reaction?
    True that every action has an equal and opposite reaction. Two points to make though: 1. this is stargate where they may have discovered that this newtonian law isn't true. 2. They may have a method of dampening the force or absorbing it in the hand device.

Comment

3. I don't think anybody cares

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VSHARMA View Post
        3. I don't think anybody cares
        Kinda stupid answer as I obviously did care

Comment

Kinda stupid answer as I obviously did care
          And only you do care. As you note from the empty thread.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VSHARMA View Post
            And only you do care. As you note from the empty thread.
            Yeah even if that was true, who are you to decide what other people think? I heard that people like you were loved in Italy during the 1030-1940!

Just kidding man

Well I just wanted to know if it had ever been said anything about that effect of the handdevice in some episode

Comment

Yeah even if that was true, who are you to decide what other people think? I heard that people like you were loved in Italy during the 1030-1940!
              Just kidding man

Well I just wanted to know if it had ever been said anything about that effect of the handdevice in some episode
              I know that was meant to be a joke but I confused???

Maybe it'l come to me lata.

sigpic

Comment

Simple, it's not a 'wave of force' it's an energy wave, firing a laser or anything like that, doesn't cause a force in the opposite direction by any means (recoil, light, darkness anything) because it's not an action or force, its energy. With the hand weapon, it fires a wave of 'exotic' energy, which when in contact with gas manifests as light, but when it comes in contact with a solid, it doesn't become heat or electrical energy like the staff weapons or zatnikitel, it becomes kinetic energy of some sort, throwing the person back. It also keeps expanding outwards and weakening, likely making it weak after a short distance. When Sam kills Seth at point blank it makes small crater in the ground, at a few feet it throws people back, and at long range it probably does much less or else they would just use to knock down entire waves of attacking enemies on the field of battle.

Comment

I'm surprised that the Ashrak didn't use them, since it's harder to comandeer a glove then a knife.
                  Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
                  The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
                  I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
                  A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
                  That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
                  Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
                  Caboose: They could be worse?
                  Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by Exiled Master View Post
                    I'm surprised that the Ashrak didn't use them, since it's harder to comandeer a glove then a knife.
                    Actually i am surprised that they did not as well. Thouigh perhaps only the Gou'ald higher ups had access to those ribbon devices. As we have only see them use it. Asuraks were imo like specially trained Jaffa.

As to the hand device, i am also wondering if they could modify one enough to get it used as a ship board weapon, say sending out a spherical 'Repulsion' field to knock back all enemy (and most likely all friendly) ships in a specific radius around it..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                      Actually i am surprised that they did not as well. Thouigh perhaps only the Gou'ald higher ups had access to those ribbon devices. As we have only see them use it. Asuraks were imo like specially trained Jaffa.

As to the hand device, i am also wondering if they could modify one enough to get it used as a ship board weapon, say sending out a spherical 'Repulsion' field to knock back all enemy (and most likely all friendly) ships in a specific radius around it..
                      I imagine that would take a lot of power. It might have a use in a tel'tak for clearing the way in an asteroid field. Or pushing through that minefield. It would have been a whole lot more fun then defusing them. And consider this: for the same amount of energy, you could blow holes in your enemies instead of using that power making the surrounding vacuum a little clearer. So nice idea, different application.
                      Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
                      The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
                      I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
                      A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
                      That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
                      Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
                      Caboose: They could be worse?
                      Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Working...
                      X