This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BLUE Stargate?

Is it just me or have all the commercials for Atlantis featured a blue Stargate? Maybe I'm behind the times here but WHY? Did the old twenty foot tall glowing metal ring look too old fashioned?

Maybe it's a newer model or something...

Because it's a different Galaxy... and after making thousands in Gunmetal grey, I think they wanted some nice blue ones.

Comment

It's so people will know they're watching Atlantis, not SG-1. Ya gotta make everything different...

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
        It's so people will know they're watching Atlantis, not SG-1. Ya gotta make everything different...
        i thought that it was only the gate actually in atlantis that was different, because the shows were gonna share the gates they use for filming "offworld"

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983
          i thought that it was only the gate actually in atlantis that was different, because the shows were gonna share the gates they use for filming "offworld"
          Dunno. Maybe. Or maybe the art department is gonna be working overtime, covering the gate in blue paint, then washing it off again.

Comment

I think my explanation is better. Those ancients have great fashion sense, and from the Season 7 Opener, apparently like blue.

Comment

Originally posted by tomduo
              I think my explanation is better. Those ancients have great fashion sense, and from the Season 7 Opener, apparently like blue.
              Does that mean that the A-team is going to be shot on sight as an offense to the fashion conscious?

Comment

I just thought of something, is there anywhere I can buy a replica Stargate? Like a little 6 inch high thing that would sit on my monitor? Maybe light up or something? Preferably with the ORANGE chevrons...

edit: found one for $400, maybe not
                Last edited by evan; 03 May 2004, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Does that mean that the A-team is going to be shot on sight as an offense to the fashion conscious?
                  O.o;; Maybe... well the wraiths are blue, maybe thats how they beat the ancients.

Ancient: "Well they are trying to kill us... but they have STYLE!"

Comment

Well, on the blue stargate thing (which is really not all that much blue, it's blue chevrons and an inner track made of light rather than a physical spinning track) I always thought that they are a more upgraded version that was made for the Pegasus Galaxy by the Ancients after they had set all the Stargate in our galaxy. It made enough sense to me. It's possible that the only blue Stargate will be in Atlantis (the city), and the rest of the worlds the Atlantis team goes to will have the old Stargate design, that would still make sense, it would only mean that the Ancients wanted there city to have the only advanced stargate, and that the producers wanted to save money.

I personally like the blue one more.. but the older one still is cool.

Comment

More like you got to make SOMETHING different....

It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

Originally posted by David85
                        More like you got to make SOMETHING different....

True. And I wish I could comment more in depth, but I'm told that my constant sniping at Atlantis is hurtful. *sigh*

Comment

Originally posted by evan
                          Is it just me or have all the commercials for Atlantis featured a blue Stargate? Maybe I'm behind the times here but WHY? Did the old twenty foot tall glowing metal ring look too old fashioned?

Maybe it's a newer model or something...

My ideas are that it is either a central hub. Therefore it's blue because it's the Main gate for that galaxy...

OR

Different galaxy...different kind of gate inside AND out.
                          It feels good to be alive.
                          Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

I'd think the second. After producing all the Gates in our galaxy, you'd think there would differences in even those.

Comment

I wouldnt be surprised if the gate on Earth was like a prototype for the gates found in the Pegasus Galaxy and the surrounding galaxies of it. Basically, if you hadnt noticed, the Tauri gate has a inner spinning track, which is one of a kind in our known side of the universe. But the Ancients felt having a physical spinning track would take to long for beings to type in coordinates for travelling, so an improvement is the gate found in Atlantis, which is distinguished by the glowing blue chevrons and the inner track being made of energy of which the ring spins on, which is apparently faster since there would be no real friction.
                              Red counter: 14 Dings and growing.

Green (positive) JELLO donations are always welcome

Mckay: Oh my god, He IS Kirk...

Comment

Working...
                              X