Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whater Happened to Tollan Tech?

Well whatever happened to it?

They had Cannons and those cool gadgets that let them pass through solid object I mean why havn't we sent one of our ships to get that stuff? I mean does anyone know? I mean they were a highly powerful race and now there just gone and I think we should use those gadgets that let us through solid matter
    Vote Anubis for President in 2012
    A Face you Can Trust
    sigpic
    So whats the worst that could happen?
    Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
    It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

I know Anubis destroyed them
    Vote Anubis for President in 2012
    A Face you Can Trust
    sigpic
    So whats the worst that could happen?
    Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
    It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Tollan technology became obsolete as of the episode: Between Two Fires.
      Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Shadow Quinn View Post
        Tollan technology became obsolete as of the episode: Between Two Fires.
        Well no, not really. Their offensive weapons are still superior to Goa'uld weapons and ours and arguably the Wraiths aswell. Anubis was the only Goa'uld to work out how to sheild against them and he wouldn't of shared his tech. Also they've got the tech that lets you walk through walls etc etc...

Comment

Its quite possible that there could be surviving technology left. Its also possible that a number of the Tollan people survived the attack. The only way to find out would be to travel by ship.
          sigpic
          "We are the Fifth Race. Our role is clear. If there is any hope in preserving the future, it lies with us."
          Signature made by RJB

Comment

They also don't share technology with us.

Comment

LONG travel by ship, their stargate was destroyed and we have recieved no communication with them of any kind.
              Visit my Website

Comment

Originally posted by mikeroq View Post
                well now if they were alive they would since we have advanced far enough for us to trade with them.
                sigpic

Comment

There homeworld was on the far side of the MW galaxy, but given that the deddy makes round trips to the P galaxy it wouldn't be that time consuming to visit, its possibile that given goa'uld polcy with more advance races the planets surface is probably a radioactive cinder and therefore its not possibile to do any searching.
                  Last edited by Garth Claw; 09 February 2007, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Garth Claw View Post
                    There homeworld was on the far side of the MW galaxy, but given that the deddy makes round trips to the P galaxy it wouldn't be that time consuming to visit, its possibile that given goa'uld polcy with more advance races that the planets surface is a radioactive cinder and therefore its not possibile todo any searching.
                    It may be on the far side of the Milky Way but that doesn't mean that it's on the side closest to pegasus. the Daedalus could leave for pegasus in the opposite direction so then it would be very time consuming to visit.

HERMIOD: 'Crap' indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Garth Claw View Post
                      There homeworld was on the far side of the MW galaxy, but given that the deddy makes round trips to the P galaxy it wouldn't be that time consuming to visit, its possibile that given goa'uld polcy with more advance races the planets surface is probably a radioactive cinder and therefore its not possibile to do any searching.
                      with inta glactic hyperdrives it's pretty clear that we'd be able to get there in good time so i agree with you on that part...

but i think the reason we have not picked up there tech is because there's nothing left of it, we have scanners and beaming tech so searching would not be a problem and i don't think goa'uld weapons produce radiation anyway...or lingering harmful radiation
                      Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Long story short, We may have the designs for the cannon, but we are still too stupid to figure them out and build them outselves. That's why we wanted over 30 cannons from the Tollans.

Even on the planet, the cannons could still be used to destroy other Goa'uld ships, so they'd have likely been destroyed in the initial attack, because then the Goa'uld could focus on shooting down Tollan ships leaving the planet while the Hatak focuses on the planet.

sigpic

Comment

It went ka-boom.

: Green is Good.
                          sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

Comment

I think the Writers are going with "the tollan planet was completely destroyed".
                            www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeroq View Post
                              if they refuse to share it, we should just take it. at gun point. they are on the run from everyone so it's not like they can do something about it.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X