Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Odyssey's ZPM and Atlantis (spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Odyssey's ZPM and Atlantis (spoilers)

Ok, it seems everyone thinks that Atlantis will be getting the Odyssey's ZPM to use. I don't think so.

1. The IOA has Earth's best interests in mind, not Atlantis's. Considering, they sent the Apollo on that mission to protect Earth, not Atlantis, doingso only screwed Atlantis more.

2. As I said in point #1, the IOA has Earth's best interests in mind so do you all really think that they're going to give up the Odyssey's ZPM with 8 Ori ships out there?

3. Atlantis is going to a new planet, meaning no one will know they're there except for Earth, they won't need a ZPM, they can run the city on Naqahdah generators like before as there's no worries about the Wraith or Asurans or anyone finding them. Also, there's the Intergalactic gate bridge, meaning they can still travel to Earth and back without a ZPM.

Don't get me wrong, I wish they'd get 5 ZPM's, 3 for Atlantis, 1 for the Daedalus and 1 for the Apollo in addition to the 2 that Earth and the Odyssey already have but I think the writers made it clear in "Echoes" that those 2 ZPM's are for EARTH.

AGT58

The Odyessy has the ZPM to power the shields (are these the improved ones that mckay desgined?), and as said previosly the IOA has earth's best interest at heart earth would always have importance when it comes to matters regarding the ZPM, so atlantis should always have at least 1 and earth should have at least 2/3 one for the outpost and the other ones for the battlecrusiers

Comment

But remember when they wanted to bring the ZPM from Atlantis to Earth in "Misbegotten"? I don't think they care if Atlantis has a ZPM or not and if they do end up getting a ZPM in season 4, I hope it's the one from "The Brotherhood" or somewhere else, I really don't want them taking the one from the Odyssey. Also, the hyperdrive is boosted as well as the shields.

AGT58

Comment

SG1 and SGA are supposed to be run side by side, both within the same timeframe. No matter what happens in SG1, as long as Odyssey still has it's ZPM by the time S10 ends, that ZPM could be sent to a Pegasus world using the Gate Bridge or the Antarctic ZPM.

The IOA, the SGC and anyone else on Earth should have no trouble giving Earth it's ZPM because I believe the events of the first movie should be taking place during the events of the final episode. It's very possible that the Orii ships, the Orii and the invasion have already been dealt with because Carter can't just show up in 4.03 with a new ZPM (or even both) if she's still got to run off and do the first movie to end the Orii arc.

It wouldn't be too hard to figure out where Atlantis is going. All it would take is for that Gate weapon to have decent long range sensors to figure out they'd be doing to the nearest uninhabited world, because if they could detect they had to lower shields to take off, they'd probably know they don't have a great amount of power to go flying around the galaxy.

Once the Orii are gone, Earth won't need a ZPM for it's ships, just one for the outpost, because not even Jack at first wanted to use the almost empty ZPM from Taonas, so they aren't exactly going to give up a brand new one.

sigpic

Comment

by the time the ori are gone and milky way is safe earth will have its own generators or defences so i think as atlantis needs them all the time all new zpms should go to atlantis whens the last time an amarda or a lazer hit earth? They only need 1 zpm for the outpost and the ships can handel themselves easily without the ori. It would be better with atlantis with 3 zpms so they could move around to hide from the wraith etc.
          sigpic

Plz give me rep

Comment

considering the fact that we can now fly Altantis, I've been asking myself why in the hell they didn't give Atlantis ALL 3 ZPM's and fricken fly it to Earth!
            www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

I don't think they'll be using the Odyssey's ZPM for a few reasons.

The most important are that at that time period SG-1 is on Odyssey at the end of S10. Atlantis only has a limited amount of time, so by the time they managed to figure out where they were. They probably wouldn't have the power to dial the SGC anyway. If they did, it would exponentially shorten their ZPM down to it's bare minimum. So 24 hours of life would drop down to most likely a few at most. Odyssey being away from Earth wouldn't be back in time. Hence it's pointless to do try to connect to the SGC.

The 2nd reason is that again Odyssey is used in the 1st movie. Where it's heading it needs the extra protection for it's shields if needed, otherwise it'll be used to power the cloak.

The only ZPM the SGC may be able to temporarily spare would be the one in Antartica. However they would have no way of dialling Pegasus to send it through.

That's why I believe that they'll get the Star Drive fixed. Just manage to get to their destination & the city crashes into the new planet's ocean before the ZPM totally depletes. It's either that or Apollo finds them at the last minute & drags them into HS by maxing out it's power capabilities to encompass the city in it's bubble. It takes them to the new planet & that's it resolved. Atlantis ends up safe, just with no power to do anything like cloak, raise shields or whatever.

Comment

I thought that this was going to be a reset so to speak. you know back to the beginning. surely that would entail them having no power for shields, so i'm thinking that they will get to the planet somehow but their zpm will be depleted and they won't be recieving a new one. if they are on a secret planet where no one can find them, they have the gate bridge so if i was the IOA then i wouldn't send a zpm over to atlantis. plus just look at their track record with zpm's.

Comment

i havent seen any eps past the game, is the stardrive fixed then, is there planes to move Atlantis to a differant place?
                  This is Colonel Steven Caldwell
                  Commander of the Earth ship Daedalus
                  we are ready to assist you!

" open up those bays all batteries "

sigpic

Comment

3. Atlantis is going to a new planet, meaning no one will know they're there except for Earth, they won't need a ZPM, they can run the city on Naqahdah generators like before as there's no worries about the Wraith or Asurans or anyone finding them.
                    *over radio*
                    Col. Sheppard to the Control Room, Col. Sheppard to the Control Room

Sheppard: What do we got?
                    McKay: I managed to get the long range sensors working, and 20 Wraith Hive Ships just dropped out of orbit.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeroq View Post
                      *over radio*
                      Col. Sheppard to the Control Room, Col. Sheppard to the Control Room

Sheppard: What do we got?
                      McKay: I managed to get the long range sensors working, and 20 Wraith Hive Ships just dropped out of orbit.
                      I very much doubt that. The Wraith aren't explorers, the only planets they venture to are ones to cull or destroy. They don't go out randomly seeking things out.

Also, don't get me wrong, as I said above, Atlantis should have a ZPM but not at Earth's expense. Think about it, Earth gave Atlantis the "Moebius" ZPM, they depleted the Taonas ZPM to go to Atlantis, isn't it about time Earth keeps a ZPM or 2 for the long run?

AGT58

Comment

By the time the events of season 4 start the Ori will probably have already been defeated. I think it's entirely plausible that the Odyssey will send it's ZPM to Atlantis.

Comment

Even after the Ori are beaten in the 1st movie, Odyssey would still have to deal with Jaffa factions who blame Earth for the destruction of Dakara. On Company of Thieves, the Jaffa have degraded into warring factions after all. Wouldn't those factions be classified as threats to Earth?
                          Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Shadow Quinn View Post
                            Even after the Ori are beaten in the 1st movie, Odyssey would still have to deal with Jaffa factions who blame Earth for the destruction of Dakara. On Company of Thieves, the Jaffa have degraded into warring factions after all. Wouldn't those factions be classified as threats to Earth?
                            The destuction of Dakara came down the Jaffa leader murdering innocent humans on human worlds by using the device as a weapon, something which both parties agreed would not happen. Plus he had threatened to kill SGC person and in the end, his own men screwed up, allowed Adria to take over the ship and lead them to the planet. He, like Garak, wanted power for himself and it cost the Jaffa nation a lot.

In the end, they aren't a threat to Earth because right now, there is just a few idiots who are trying to seek control for the wrong reasons, and in part it comes down to the Orii trying to convert or kill anyone.

If the Jaffa had time to organise and find a proper leader, like Bratac, the Jaffa nation would be a more stable place.

sigpic

Comment

jaffas aint nothing. Most of the Jaffas are on Earth's side, just minority factions strike out. I base my thoughts on... SPoilers for second half of 10...bounty
                              Spoiler:
                              Bounty tealc goes offworld to meet jaffa(wouldnt happen if earth was scared of him being captured) Teal is also suprised when a JAffa tried to assasinate him, ofcoruse its not a jaffa.
                              Teal'c always is friendly with jaffa... and theres different ones everywhere he goes so they cant hate him
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

Working...
                              X