This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you like Wormhole X-Treme?

BAH, for some reason I can't start a poll....
    Yes!
    78.50%
    No!
    17.76%
    I dunno.
    3.74%

No.
    I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Yes. I like the in-jokes, and the spoofs on sci-fi cliches.

This is the sort of ep where they belong. I just wish they'd confined the cliches to this intentionally non-serious ep, and not started putting them into every other ep. It was funny when Stargate was still a serious sci-fi series. Not so much now that they seem to be trying to produce Wormhole Xtreme most weeks instead of Stargate.

Comment

A big definite yes.

The in house jokes were hailarious. As well as the cliches. Especially enjoyed the spoofs to other sci-fi series.
        Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
        Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
        Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
        Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
        Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
        Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
        Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

You can always ask your friendly neighborhood mod.
          GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
          The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
          Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

i loved the episode. it was just all around good fun and the way they poke fun at themselves is hillarious.

Comment

I liked the episode. The cast, crew and writers had well deserved fun with it. The first time I saw it, it was a little hard to swallow. Each time I see it now it gets better and better.
              Slainte gg
              Slainte
              "There are many forms of power, my dear. Some more subtle than others." Linea to Captain Carter, Prisoners, S2.

Comment

Oh yeah. It was just so much fun. I loved the behind the scenes and in-jokes. I really loved the Deluise boys.
                Nmom
                sigpic

Comment

Oh yes, I like this episode. One viewing is usually not enough because you cannot catch all the in-jokes/spoofs, as well as the guest appearances of producers, directors, writers, props guy, etc.

Comment

Short answer: No.
                    Long answer: after a few viewings it's gotten better, but it's still at the bottom of the list.

Oh yes, and the DVD commentaries definately help.
                    ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
                    The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Definitely. Very funny episode. I loved all the in-jokes and walk-ons, especially after I understood them all (though I thought it was funny before I knew about all the little inside stuff). And I love Peter DeLuise.

-Kay Brooke

Comment

Originally posted by KayBrooke
                        Definitely. Very funny episode. I loved all the in-jokes and walk-ons, especially after I understood them all (though I thought it was funny before I knew about all the little inside stuff).
                        -Kay Brooke
                        Me too!! It gets funnier and funnier every time I watch it.

Comment

I did enjoy it, but I don't really see it as part of normal Stargate viewing. Was a tad disappointed that they stuffed the NID in there. But apart from that, loved watching the guys watching the trailer.
                          sigpic

Comment

No, I thought it was self-indulgent boardering on self-abuse by the writers/directors. For the 100th episode they should have done something which celebrated all that's great about SG1 and not used it as an excuse for mutual back-slapping and puerile in-jokes. If it wasn't the 100th I probably wouldn't feel so strongly about it and just see it as another c*** episode.

Comment

Wormhole X Treme was all right...

I don't really know how to word my feelings about this episode, so I'll just say It was Okay.

Not bad, not anything special.
                              ------
                              Shelby aka JessMerrick

Comment

Working...
                              X