X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Torchwood/doctor Who Bbc Air Dates?

Does Anyone know these dates?

They haven't even started filming Torchwood yet so its just 'in the Autumn' at the moment.

Doctor Who is looking to start on March 24th. David Tennant said "march" in a recent interview and the current issue of Doctor Who Magazine says the *next* issue of Doctor Who Magazine will preview the first episode of S3. The way they usually do those previews for all the episodes being transmitted between issues and that implies that 3.1 will be transmitted before the next issue is out on March 29th but that 3.2 won't be on until *after* March 29th.

Which, assuming it's on a Saturday, suggests March 24th for 3.1.

Comment

Ooh so a bit over 6 weeks for Doctor Who? It was March last year wasn't it? So that date does sound about right to me. I can't wait.

I really like that actually, having watched Torchwood and SGA finish for the season I get to relax before the Doctor Who fandom takes me over again. *I am exhausted*

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
        I really like that actually, having watched Torchwood and SGA finish for the season I get to relax before the Doctor Who fandom takes me over again. *I am exhausted*
        Same goes for me re the biggie on March 13th: farewell to SG1. Not sure just over a week will be long enough for me to recover my sci fi mojo.
        sigpic
        "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Originally posted by Nuallain View Post
          They haven't even started filming Torchwood yet so its just 'in the Autumn' at the moment.
          I remember reading somewhere that it wont be till next year.

Comment

Torchwood is supposedly causing some problems over at the BBC which is sidelining SJA and there's a possibility that Torchwood itself will be put back to early 2008, but theres nothing been said for definate just yet.
            Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
            - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Doctor Who is apparently starting on the 30th March. It was originally planned to start 24th March but BBC1 will be showing England's European Championship match against Israel.

Not too long now!

Sig made by Leelakin. Thankyou
              Sybil: I Personally think that John and Liz Make a fantastic couple, they're just so full of sparkyness!

Basil: Can't we get you on Mastermind, Sybil? Next contestant - Sybil Fawlty from Torquay, special subject the bleedin' obvious!

Comment

Why is Torchwood delayed until 2008?!! What 'problems' is it causing? 10+ months wait for the new season is shocking!! And by the time it does air, it will be well over a YEAR since season one completed in the UK. Now is it just me or does that sound completely ridiculous?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dusk View Post
                  Why is Torchwood delayed until 2008?!! What 'problems' is it causing? 10+ months wait for the new season is shocking!! And by the time it does air, it will be well over a YEAR since season one completed in the UK. Now is it just me or does that sound completely ridiculous?
                  No, it's not just you. My jaw hit the floor when I read that.
                  sigpic
                  "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Doctor Who has been confirmed to begin on March 31st.
                    "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                    "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                    BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

It turns out that the production problems for Torchwood caused a delay to SJA of... one week.

Wow.

Anyway, it also looks like the move to Jan 08 was just a ratings decision. The BBC can move shows around the year like an american network would around days of the week. Apparantly, having TW run through Christmas week hurt the ratings and they've decided that it would be best served by a straight run from January.

I suspect, as well, that now that they've got three flavours of Who on the go they're mapping out the best way to use them. They may have decided that SJA works better as an Autumn show and so moved TW to Winter, with Who itself staying in the Spring.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusk View Post
                        It's a long wait, sure, but I'd really prefer to wait an extra few months to watch something that's been done well, instead of getting a rushed job sooner.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuallain View Post
                          It turns out that the production problems for Torchwood caused a delay to SJA of... one week.

Wow.

Anyway, it also looks like the move to Jan 08 was just a ratings decision. The BBC can move shows around the year like an american network would around days of the week. Apparantly, having TW run through Christmas week hurt the ratings and they've decided that it would be best served by a straight run from January.

I suspect, as well, that now that they've got three flavours of Who on the go they're mapping out the best way to use them. They may have decided that SJA works better as an Autumn show and so moved TW to Winter, with Who itself staying in the Spring.
                          *blinks* can't they just, I dunno, start it a week early and finish teh run before Christmas? *sulks*
                          Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                          Yes, I am!
                          sigpic
                          Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                          Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                          Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Working...
                          X