Plot Info on "...Shall We Not Revenge?"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plot Info on "...Shall We Not Revenge?"

Well, once more it's been quiet around here as we're all working in our virtual production offices, like busy little bees getting ready for new episodes to be airing. We all know that once that happens, it'll take our combined efforts to stay ahead of schedule during our non-stop airing of the remaining 15 episodes of Season Three. And prepared we are.

The one episode that's been taking forever to get it to a point where it works has been "...Shall We Not Revenge?" But with the episode finally nearing its completion, I figured it might be a good time to talk a little about it.

Suffice to say this will be the conclusion of "Resurfacing." But interestingly, while "Resurfacing" focused heavily on character moments and thus was more of a "quiet" episode, "...Shall We Not Revenge?" features some of the biggest action sequences we've ever done. The fifth act is, shall we say, explosive.

A central theme of the episode is, as the title gives away, revenge; so we'll be finding out just what reason Che'ralak might have for wanting to seek revenge on Bay'lar. If you go back and have a look at "Resurfacing," you'll notice that Che'ralak immediately recognized Bay'lar's name. But for some reason Bay'lar doesn't seem to know Che'ralak. Hmmm.

The episode will also have Callen going off-station with the rest of the team, and we'll once more get to see the Commander demonstrating his outstanding diplomatic skills. Some nice moments there.

We'll get to see Sivea demonstrating her fighting skills. Something she's been very eager to do again for some time now. And finally we've found a way to work that in.

And... this is a big one, so it might actually warrant spoiler tags (despite the fact that this post is full of spoilers)
    Spoiler:
    it's quite possible that someone might actually die towards the end of the episode

Well, there ya go!

Now I'm off, back to work to actually finishing this thing.
    Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

To your first spoile, with the tags. You've said that before, and have even nearly done it, but you spiced up the truth, so I don't believe you this time either!
    As for the rest, ohh look at the pretty exploading ships. Now I hope that lives up to the hype when we get around to reading it! Horizon needs one or two big battle sequences. My gues is that that Bentari was on security or something when Bay'lar ran his mission, so that is why we need revenge, any way I will leave it at that and go off and do my things that need doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
      To your first spoile, with the tags. You've said that before, and have even nearly done it, but you spiced up the truth, so I don't believe you this time either!
      So in order words, you're saying that we don't kill off major characters on this show? Not so sure about that one actually. Granted, we haven't done that... YET.

Regarding this particular episode, I just said that "someone" dies. That might as well just be some poor red shirt. But who knows that for sure at this point?

As for the rest, ohh look at the pretty exploading ships. Now I hope that lives up to the hype when we get around to reading it! Horizon needs one or two big battle sequences.
      I think we've had some nice battles in the past, and something tells me we'll be having some nice battles in upcoming episodes. One episode in the second half of the season features the biggest and longest ground battle sequence we've ever done. And the way it's written does kind of set it apart from what we've done in the past.

My gues is that that Bentari was on security or something when Bay'lar ran his mission, so that is why we need revenge, any way I will leave it at that and go off and do my things that need doing.
      Have fun doing whatever you're doing.
      Last edited by Alex Rubit; 07 February 2007, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Rubit View Post
        So in order words, you're saying that we don't kill off major characters on this show? Not so sure about that one actually. Granted, we haven't done that... YET.

Regarding this particular episode, I just said that "someone" dies. That might as well just be some poor red shirt. But who knows that for sure at this point?

I think we've had some nice battles in the past, and something tells me we'll be having some nice battles in upcoming episodes. One episode in the second half of the season features the biggest and longest ground battle sequence we've ever done. And the way it's written does kind of set it apart from what we've done in the past.

Have fun doing whatever you're doing.
        The point about the Red Shirt bit did come to me when posting my post, but I still do not think that you will kill off a main character, or even a reacurring one. Unless of course it is David, beacause David is contuning to become an interesting character, with major development, however it doesn seem like he is fading, and that he is the most easily killed off. The other person I can see is Tom, because I am almost tempted to go Tom who? Seriously, he is not getting much screen time on the show, to almos nil, even Lenori is getting more screen time, not neccessarilly more devlopment, but more lines.
        There is no dout we have had big battles before, especially space battles, the one at the end of season two was amazing I felt, and I look forward to seeing a big ground battle, no matter what type it is, just hope it is good.

Comment

Lenny's going to get development.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia View Post
            Lenny's going to get development.
            You should no, oh god of the predictions and the future. And the man who wrote one of the episodes.

Comment

The point about the Red Shirt bit did come to me when posting my post, but I still do not think that you will kill off a main character, or even a reacurring one.
              I guess we'll have to see about that as the season progresses.

The one thing we don't do is kill off major characters for no reason. As long as we still have places we want to take these characters, they'll stick around. But I definitely wouldn't count on all of them always making it out of every situation in one piece.

Unless of course it is David, beacause David is contuning to become an interesting character, with major development, however it doesn seem like he is fading, and that he is the most easily killed off.
              I don't think it seems like David is fading at all. He's had some pretty big arcs early in the season (or "Amazing Grace" comes to mind), and so far only nine episodes have aired. With an ensemble show (especially one with such a large cast) there will always be shifts from episode to episode when it comes to who the main character/characters in an episode are, and who gets the most screen time.

I don't really understand how David would be killed off more easily than any of the other characters, though. They're all in pretty dangerous situations from time to time. Even Zach will find himself in a pretty screwy situation a little later this season, actually.

The other person I can see is Tom, because I am almost tempted to go Tom who? Seriously, he is not getting much screen time on the show, to almos nil, even Lenori is getting more screen time, not neccessarilly more devlopment, but more lines.
              Again, I think you're just looking at the first nine episodes. And I don't think it's fair to pass judgment without even having seen half of the season. In my opinion Tom's had some great moments in "Aversion." And there's another great Tom episode coming up later this season.

I've said it before; I think this season we'll be seeing a better balance when it comes to the focus on the individual characters. So I can promise that there's something in store for each and everyone of them -- recurring or regular. And I wouldn't say that if it weren't the case.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Rubit View Post
                I guess we'll have to see about that as the season progresses.

The one thing we don't do is kill off major characters for no reason. As long as we still have places we want to take these characters, they'll stick around. But I definitely wouldn't count on all of them always making it out of every situation in one piece.

I don't think it seems like David is fading at all. He's had some pretty big arcs early in the season (or "Amazing Grace" comes to mind), and so far only nine episodes have aired. With an ensemble show (especially one with such a large cast) there will always be shifts from episode to episode when it comes to who the main character/characters in an episode are, and who gets the most screen time.

I don't really understand how David would be killed off more easily than any of the other characters, though. They're all in pretty dangerous situations from time to time. Even Zach will find himself in a pretty screwy situation a little later this season, actually.

Again, I think you're just looking at the first nine episodes. And I don't think it's fair to pass judgment without even having seen half of the season. In my opinion Tom's had some great moments in "Aversion." And there's another great Tom episode coming up later this season.

I've said it before; I think this season we'll be seeing a better balance when it comes to the focus on the individual characters. So I can promise that there's something in store for each and everyone of them -- recurring or regular. And I wouldn't say that if it weren't the case.
                Great points Alex, and I agree with them, the reason that this I came up with David was that I felt, and granted this was a theory I developed in ep three of the season, that David was going to become a minor character at some point, and this would be a gradual fading out. Then it came to me recently that it would be an interesting perspecive that you could deal with some of the "horrors of war" and the "screwiness of the situation" would be to kill off David and see the effects it has on the moral of his family and the team. As for Tom, seriously we have not seen anything of him so far this season, I agree with Aversion, Aversion was a great season two ep, but we have had nothing in this season for Tom, or next to nothing, he has had some great devlopment, but that has not happened in awhile. And don't get me wrong either, I look forward to Tom's development. Which brings me to another point, where is Yusuf, I know he was mentioned in one of the episode descriptions, and I look forward to seeing im again, but the reason I bring this up is that Yusuf was almost a main character in season one, in fact when I got around to season one I thought he was being shown way to much, that we were getting him rammed down our throats. But when I was finally starting to like the character, you had him get shot. We have only seen him in about three episodes since, one of them was the interesting episode of super Yusuf, but that is it. Soooooo, there you have it.

Comment

If anything, Chase would die. He's the least developed character.
                  sigpic
                  Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                    If anything, Chase would die. He's the least developed character.
                    Actually, as odd as it sounds, we'd probably kill off a very well developed character. Since the least developed characters still have ways to go. But I'm not saying that we're killing off anyone.

I agree about Chase. But that will change with "The Inner Voice," which gives us a very good look at his character, and reveals a great deal of backstory.

Comment

Well, it really depends. Ford was dropped from SGA's main cast because he was underdeveloped and they couldn't seem to develop him. However, shows like 24 oftentimes kill off characters once they have become fully rounded and their jounrey is over. So there are three options:

-Kill off a developed character to end his/her story.
                      -Kill off an undeveloped character to avoid developing him/her.
                      -Kill off nobody.
                      Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
                      Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
                      Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
                      Stargate Destiny, Fan
                      Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

Great points Alex, and I agree with them, the reason that this I came up with David was that I felt, and granted this was a theory I developed in ep three of the season, that David was going to become a minor character at some point, and this would be a gradual fading out.
                        There are no plans to make David a minor character.

Then it came to me recently that it would be an interesting perspecive that you could deal with some of the "horrors of war" and the "screwiness of the situation" would be to kill off David and see the effects it has on the moral of his family and the team.
                        That's an interesting theory.

As for Tom, seriously we have not seen anything of him so far this season, I agree with Aversion, Aversion was a great season two ep, but we have had nothing in this season for Tom, or next to nothing, he has had some great devlopment, but that has not happened in awhile. And don't get me wrong either, I look forward to Tom's development.
                        That's very true. But there's some interesting things in store for Tom in "The Allure of Atlas," which is definitely a Tom episode.

Which brings me to another point, where is Yusuf, I know he was mentioned in one of the episode descriptions, and I look forward to seeing im again, but the reason I bring this up is that Yusuf was almost a main character in season one, in fact when I got around to season one I thought he was being shown way to much, that we were getting him rammed down our throats. But when I was finally starting to like the character, you had him get shot. We have only seen him in about three episodes since, one of them was the interesting episode of super Yusuf, but that is it. Soooooo, there you have it.
                        Yeah, that's very true. Unfortunately Yusuf hasn't had much to do so far this season. But he'll be appearing more often in some later episodes.

Comment

OK I look forward to the rest of season three and the continuing devlopments of all of the characters throughout the rest of this season. Thanks Alex.I also look forward to taking any devlopment of Chase, because despite him being an undeveloped character, I still like him, and his humor on every situation that the team comes across.
                          And two more possibilities to Sierra's kill off character.
                          -One kill off character who's actor is under contract desputes to avoid bpaying him any money.
                          -Kill off character who's actor is moving on to new and better show so you don't have to deal with him/her anymore.
                          And last but not least.
                          -Kill off character who's actor is a pain in the butte, and makes a complete idiot of himself off camra so again you don't have to deal with him
                          Cheers

Comment

True, there are those options, too. Luckily, we don't have to deal with those on a virtual series.

Since we're talking about development, I feel like spontaneously posting a list of what epsiodes will develop what characters in the near future (of course, that doesn't mean there won't be development for other characters in these eps.

3.10 ...Shall We Not Revenge?-Hiron Bay'lar
                            3.11 Countdown-Zach Hoffmann, David Connor, Tom Galloway
                            3.12 Pursuit/3.13 Mediation-John Grant
                            3.14 Adrift-Yusuf Naiyeer, Sivea Ve'nal
                            3.15 The Inner Voice-Chase Reynolds
                            3.16 Together We Stand-John Grant, De'van Callen, Lenori, Zach Hoffmann
                            3.17 The Allure of Atlas-David Connor, Tom Galloway
                            3.18 Against the Grain-Lenori
                            3.19 Paths in Darkness-Christine Summers

So, as you can see, we're trying to develop everyone this season, moreso than we have last season. There's a little something for everyone in the latter half of the season, and that's excluding the finale.
                            Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
                            Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
                            Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
                            Stargate Destiny, Fan
                            Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

Hmmm... I'm leaning towards the 'no one important will die in this episode' opinion.

Comment

Working...
                              X