This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Puddle Jumper/Dart DHD

How does the PJ and the Dart work around the Point of origin Chevron? like when someone dials a gate using the normal DHD they put in the point of origin. but the jumper/dart does not know the point of origin. so how do they dial the gate?

Sorry if this has been asked before i search but couldn't find.

Good question.

Maybe the PJ/Dart interfaces with the gate and the gate "tells it" the PoO?

Comment

probably knowing the ancients they do.

Comment

I asked the same question awhile ago, and the only thing I could imagine make sense for that is that when they put in the address, the six symbols are universal, but they have the equivalent of an 'enter' button that when pushed acts as the P.O.O. on the DHD of the planet they are on.

Look Here, Puddlejumper DHD. The big button on the bottom acts as the universal P.O.O. when entered.

: Green is Good.
        sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

Comment

so 'default' then.
          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I aggree that the 'Big Button' is both the P.O.O & the Gate activation button

Spoiler:

Carter?

Sir, this is the 5th incoming wormhole in the last hour & a half

Ok, I'm here 2 hours early, when did you get here?

I... haven't left yet

Carter, didn't I ORDER you to get a life?

---------------------------------------------------

A fools paradise is a wise mans prison

Never judge a book by it's cover

One mans ceiling is another mans floor

Never...run with sissors?

Comment

Since the Pegasus DHD's have fewer symbols, would a Dart be unable to enter the coordinates to the complete set of Milky Way gates? And would the PJ's have this same liability?
              Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
              The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
              I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
              A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
              That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
              Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
              Caboose: They could be worse?
              Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by Exiled Master View Post
                Since the Pegasus DHD's have fewer symbols, would a Dart be unable to enter the coordinates to the complete set of Milky Way gates? And would the PJ's have this same liability?
                No it would not be able to dial a gate from the milky way, so it would get stuck if they don't have another dhd keyboard (some old jumpers probably have one), and even the normal Dhd don't have the pOo(point of origin) on it, only the Big red/blue button that does the job so they can be switched is they are destroyed (they are easy to destroy/steal)

Comment

Originally posted by Dalario View Post
                  Yes they would get stuck if they don't have another dhd keyboard (some old jumpers probably have one), and even the normal Dhd don't have the pOo on it, only the Big red/blue button that does the job so they can be switched is they are destroyed (they are easy to destroy/steal)
                  huh?
                  Erratum5.net: Geeks come hither...
                  Check out my Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Kidwizz View Post
                    How does the PJ and the Dart work around the Point of origin Chevron? like when someone dials a gate using the normal DHD they put in the point of origin. but the jumper/dart does not know the point of origin. so how do they dial the gate?

Sorry if this has been asked before i search but couldn't find.
                    for that matter how does it work with the intergalactic bridge?
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

The DHD is in the big button in the middle

Comment

Working...
                      X