This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SGC Stargate & Atlantis Stargate

My question is how is it that the Atlantis stargate can open a wormhole to the milky way but the one in the milky way cant open a wormhole to the pegaus galaxy? Cause, it just seems abit odd for me so if anyone can help answer this question ill be grateful.

Created & Credited to The SG-1 Guru

Atlantis has a ZPM. The SGC does not.
    Spoiler:
    (Although they could use the ZPM now in the ancient outpost in antartica.)

Comment

^ short and sweet
      sigpic

Comment

If they wired a ZPM to the SGC stargate like they did in the past (as the other two have stated) then problem is solved and the SGC can open the wormhole to the PG
        sigpic
        Spoiler:
        President of the 'AFTU Writers Association'
        President of the 'Count to 15,000 Legends' club
        Forum Charmer
        Forum Ambassador
        Prince of The Hugglings

CURA STORY LINE, ATFU Pg 53 - Pg 804 (751pages)
        VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT1, AFTU Pg 804 - 912
        VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT 2, AFTU - Pg 855

Comment

Yea its all about ZPM power, takes a lot to open wormholes between galaxies. I wish i had a cool looking table lamp that can supply power to open an intergalactic wormhole
          When all technology has failed and all hope is lost, we will realize we had the ultimate advantage all along...

MAY BANJOS RULE THE WORLD!!!
          The reason my chemistry teacher hates me:
          Spoiler:
          MBA (my chemistry teacher): What is Avagadros constant?
          Me: 6 and a bit times 10 to the 23.
          MBA: Yea, you know that "bit" is two billion trillion?
          Me: Im barnsley and hung over, a bit will do
          AND
          MBA: What do we do to the number of moles to get the number of atoms?
          Me: Times it by that really big number!
          MBA: Yes, that really big number, what is it?
          Me: How should i know?
          MBA: Its on the board
          Me: Then whats the point in asking???

Comment

does anyone know if the gates in the milky way have a control crystal to dial another galexy or was that just a wraith measure that was taken in pegasus.

thanks to www.savecarsonbeckett.com and leelakin for the pretty sig.

Comment

Originally posted by ur uncle urgo View Post
              does anyone know if the gates in the milky way have a control crystal to dial another galexy or was that just a wraith measure that was taken in pegasus.
              I'm pretty sure that any gate can be used. It hasn't been stated otherwise.

For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.
              Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

Comment

It is possible that the crystal would not be needed on a pegasus gate if something like the SGC dialing computer was used, the dialing computer lacks a lot of features of a DHD but it also lacks many of the lockouts of a DHD

Comment

It's been said again and again that a DHD needs an extra control crystal to dial an 8-chevron address. Without that, once the seventh symbol is inputted, the Stargate would regard it as an invalid address and lock up.

The SGC doesn't use a DHD and is able to get around that by reprogramming the computers they use instead.
                  sigpic
                  http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

Thank you for the clearing up this misunderstanding on my part.

Created & Credited to The SG-1 Guru

Comment

Originally posted by Cory Holmes View Post
                      It's been said again and again that a DHD needs an extra control crystal to dial an 8-chevron address. Without that, once the seventh symbol is inputted, the Stargate would regard it as an invalid address and lock up.

The SGC doesn't use a DHD and is able to get around that by reprogramming the computers they use instead.
                      In one ep where the team travel in to an alternate universe to help an alternate SGC fend off an attack, they try to cantact that universes Asgard.

If I remember correctly, as well as McGyvers ZPM they also needed to bring a portable Hard disk with the updated dialling program (written by ancient brainwashed Jack) to reach another galaxy
                      The drums, the drums, the never ending drumbeat! Open me you human fool! Open the light and summon me and receive my majesty!

Comment

Working...
                      X