Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where does Daniel find the Atlantis gate address?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where does Daniel find the Atlantis gate address?

OK- i've looked and looked but can find nothing-

At the start of Rising pt1 Daniel produces 7 gate address symbols for Atlantis- then works out the eighth one-BUT- Where the hell does he find the seven??

Forgive me if i'm being a dumbass, But i hate missing stuff!

Also Hi to everyone as i'm a newbie and this is my first post!

I've just waded through the first 7 series and have just got stuck into 8 and Atlantis- which are both rad! Even my wife loves them- thats saying something...

Erm.......I'm not quite sure what you mean. Are you talking about the point of origin or the seventh symbol in the eight symbol address?
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by SquidKing View Post
      OK- i've looked and looked but can find nothing-

At the start of Rising pt1 Daniel produces 7 gate address symbols for Atlantis- then works out the eighth one-BUT- Where the hell does he find the seven??

Forgive me if i'm being a dumbass, But i hate missing stuff!

Also Hi to everyone as i'm a newbie and this is my first post!

I've just waded through the first 7 series and have just got stuck into 8 and Atlantis- which are both rad! Even my wife loves them- thats saying something...
      It's never explained.

Comment

He found the gate adress on the walls of the Ancients outpost in Antartica.
        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
          He found the gate adress on the walls of the Ancients outpost in Antartica.

Exactly how do you know this? I think you are just theorising.... And i'm starting to agree with the UnKnown and think it is actually never explained.

Comment

It's never been explained. I think the computers around his lab are supposed to suggest there was some sort of database with gate addresses, that was there perhaps some sort interface that would give them the address but t just took time to figure out.

However, in the end, him pulling the idea out of his backside is just as provable as any other theory

sigpic

Comment

Ok, found this on Omnipedia re 'Lost City'

A fabled city of the Ancients, believed to hold a cache of advanced weapons and technology. SG-1 discovered a stone tablet written in a dialogue of the Ancients that spoke of the city. It is also likely that Anubis (who coveted the Ancients' technology) discovered a map to the city, which he was finally unable to decipher.

While investigating the newly-discovered Ancient outpost of Atlantus in Antarctica, Daniel Jackson and a research team under the command of Dr. Elizabeth Weir discovered that the lost city is, in fact, the mythical city of Atlantis. Once on the continent we now know as Antarctica, Atlantis left the planet and moved to the Pegasus Galaxy between five and 10 million years ago. It was discovered by Weir's Atlantis expedition after Jackson uncovered an eight-symbol gate address to the city's new home planet.

Does that help?
              sigpic
              "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Working...
              X