This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Season 4 - The war arc

With talk of a 'war arc' for season 4, and the way the end of season 3 has shaped, i think season 4 will be one of the best seasons yet. Lets look at what factions we have at play –

1. Wraith
    2. Asurans
    3. Michael’s Uberwraith
    4. The Genii
    5. Ford’s Lost boys

For this galactic war to work properly, we need more allies – if all the advanced humans in the galaxy banded together with the Genii or formed their own sort of alliance, then humans have a real chance of winning the war, and this would make for a fantastic season. All the show needs is a few more decently advanced human civilisations with some new memorable recurring characters. Also, exploring the wraith’s civil war would make the show more interesting.

The only problem with the villains is that the Asurans are a little too powerful, but hopefully a balance can be achieved, and we would have some solid direction for the show in season 4.

Originally posted by Vinny View Post
    With talk of a 'war arc' for season 4, and the way the end of season 3 has shaped, i think season 4 will be one of the best seasons yet. Lets look at what factions we have at play –

1. Wraith
    2. Asurans
    3. Michael’s Uberwraith
    4. The Genii
    5. Ford’s Lost boys

For this galactic war to work properly, we need more allies – if all the advanced humans in the galaxy banded together with the Genii or formed their own sort of alliance, then humans have a real chance of winning the war, and this would make for a fantastic season. All the show needs is a few more decently advanced human civilisations with some new memorable recurring characters. Also, exploring the wraith’s civil war would make the show more interesting.

The only problem with the villains is that the Asurans are a little too powerful, but hopefully a balance can be achieved, and we would have some solid direction for the show in season 4.
    i haven't heard any talk of a war arc though i think it would be very cool...where did you hear this?
    Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Read it in another thread, it was THAT vague

Comment

Read it in another thread, it was THAT vague
        lol ok...i'd love to see the real military might of the Wraith and see how they fought the ancients e.g them going toe to toe with the Asurans and actually winning every now and then. I don't want to see a repeat of reckoning which was a one sided replicators owning goa'uld war i want an actually war with 2 or more sides fighting it out
        Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

1. Wraith
          2. Asurans
          3. Michael’s Uberwraith
          4. The Genii
          5. Ford’s Lost boys

And what about the Wraith?? Asurans are their enemy too. I still don't understand why no one in Atlantis can't figure a way for cooperation with the Wraith. After all if Atlantis is defeated the next target will be the Wraith - Oberon mentioned it.
          LONG LIVE THE WRAITH!
          Member of the Wraith' Defenders Club
          http://petitionspot.com/petitions/wraithrights/
          My fan fiction

Comment

Where is this info about a "war arc"?

Comment

Originally posted by female Wraith View Post
              And what about the Wraith?? Asurans are their enemy too. I still don't understand why no one in Atlantis can't figure a way for cooperation with the Wraith. After all if Atlantis is defeated the next target will be the Wraith - Oberon mentioned it.
              The Asurans are the Wraiths enemy? Since when?

Comment

Originally posted by Fifer View Post
                Where is this info about a "war arc"?
                I was wondering that myself sounds interesting.

Comment

Too bad Deep Space Nine did it first! ('cept I can't see the Asurans and Wraith becoming allies anytime soon....)

Comment

Originally posted by Biolizard View Post
                    Too bad Deep Space Nine did it first! ('cept I can't see the Asurans and Wraith becoming allies anytime soon....)
                    i was thinking more...Wraith vs Asurans with the humans in the middle

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
                      lol ok...i'd love to see the real military might of the Wraith and see how they fought the ancients e.g them going toe to toe with the Asurans and actually winning every now and then. I don't want to see a repeat of reckoning which was a one sided replicators owning goa'uld war i want an actually war with 2 or more sides fighting it out
                      That's what it would be... The Asurans (or Replicators) would own the Wraith. C'mon, they're technology. They can rebuild stuff really fast, they can interface with all kinds of tech, they can't be fed off of... They'd beat the Ancients if they were fighting against them (unless the Ancients made some device(like a massive disruptor) to defeat them).

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

1. Wraith
                        2. Asurans
                        3. Michael’s Uberwraith
                        4. The Genii
                        5. Ford’s Lost boys

As long as they bring back Ford as at least a guest character (depends on RSF's willingness), then the Lost Boys will be back, but a lot of them (all but two I think) got killed.

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

Originally posted by female Wraith View Post
                          What he said was that they had plans to deal with the Wraith and would get to it in due time, but refused to state how long from now that would be - They've had plans for at least the bulk of the last 10,000 years, but all they did was build a peaceful city that seems to be limited to one planet and the only ship they bothered building was the city ship. If they really wanted to wipe out the Wraith the best time to do so was when they were in stasis these last few hundred years. If they scouted out where the Hives were on planets and then built a number of ships to attack as many at once while then finding the best way to try to get to another before it awoke they could've crippled them before they so much as fired a shot. From there wiping them out would've been easy. However, it's my belief that the Asurans have no interest in waging war with the Wraith unless the Wraith get in their way since that means saving Humans (who they are extremely 'jealous' of) from them. After all, why lose your own people fighting an enemy of an enemy?

Comment

hmmm think it is possible for the asurans to team up with the wraith. their base code is adaptable now.

they hate us and the ancients now. (hell they might even take the form of a wraith since they hate us)

and even if we found allies that are very capable against the wraith, they will somehow still be limited. afterall the wraith are in as good in unlimited numbers.

for the rest i'm not speculating for now because it's still unknown where the writers wanna go now for allot of changes are now in place.

i'm just curious about spoilers for now, to see wich way they wanna go.

in my perspective i demand more ancient tech. like diffrent classes of ships or even mini ancient city's. or something not just every time an experiment gone wrong or broken off. because off the wraith.

still hoping they find building docks or something. factory's it's still unknown how they all created the stuff.

and it's time for a total new alien race. and i don't mean micheal's minnions
                            (and i don't care if it's hard to work with or hard to create just give it)

something neutral i hope wich the wraith can't touch and don't even try. something unique.
                            Eagles On Pogo sticks

Comment

Wow. That sure would be great if they actually sat together and planned season 4 out. Imagine that. Actually knowing what the other writers are doing and making sure the scripts flow together and correlate with one another. Sort of like season 1. I hope this isn't just a rumor.

Comment

Working...
                              X