PDA

View Full Version : Season 4 - The war arc

Vinny
February 3rd, 2007, 07:36 AM
With talk of a 'war arc' for season 4, and the way the end of season 3 has shaped, i think season 4 will be one of the best seasons yet. Lets look at what factions we have at play –

1. Wraith
2. Asurans
3. Michael’s Uberwraith
4. The Genii
5. Ford’s Lost boys

For this galactic war to work properly, we need more allies – if all the advanced humans in the galaxy banded together with the Genii or formed their own sort of alliance, then humans have a real chance of winning the war, and this would make for a fantastic season. All the show needs is a few more decently advanced human civilisations with some new memorable recurring characters. Also, exploring the wraith’s civil war would make the show more interesting.

The only problem with the villains is that the Asurans are a little too powerful, but hopefully a balance can be achieved, and we would have some solid direction for the show in season 4.

Buba uognarf
February 3rd, 2007, 07:40 AM
With talk of a 'war arc' for season 4, and the way the end of season 3 has shaped, i think season 4 will be one of the best seasons yet. Lets look at what factions we have at play –

1. Wraith
2. Asurans
3. Michael’s Uberwraith
4. The Genii
5. Ford’s Lost boys

For this galactic war to work properly, we need more allies – if all the advanced humans in the galaxy banded together with the Genii or formed their own sort of alliance, then humans have a real chance of winning the war, and this would make for a fantastic season. All the show needs is a few more decently advanced human civilisations with some new memorable recurring characters. Also, exploring the wraith’s civil war would make the show more interesting.

The only problem with the villains is that the Asurans are a little too powerful, but hopefully a balance can be achieved, and we would have some solid direction for the show in season 4.

i haven't heard any talk of a war arc though i think it would be very cool...where did you hear this?

Vinny
February 3rd, 2007, 07:43 AM
Read it in another thread, it was THAT vague :P

Buba uognarf
February 3rd, 2007, 07:47 AM
Read it in another thread, it was THAT vague :P

lol ok...i'd love to see the real military might of the Wraith and see how they fought the ancients e.g them going toe to toe with the Asurans and actually winning every now and then. I don't want to see a repeat of reckoning which was a one sided replicators owning goa'uld war i want an actually war with 2 or more sides fighting it out

female Wraith
February 3rd, 2007, 09:23 AM

1. Wraith
2. Asurans
3. Michael’s Uberwraith
4. The Genii
5. Ford’s Lost boys

And what about the Wraith?? Asurans are their enemy too. I still don't understand why no one in Atlantis can't figure a way for cooperation with the Wraith. After all if Atlantis is defeated the next target will be the Wraith - Oberon mentioned it.

Fifer
February 3rd, 2007, 12:31 PM
Where is this info about a "war arc"?

jenks
February 3rd, 2007, 12:34 PM
And what about the Wraith?? Asurans are their enemy too. I still don't understand why no one in Atlantis can't figure a way for cooperation with the Wraith. After all if Atlantis is defeated the next target will be the Wraith - Oberon mentioned it.

The Asurans are the Wraiths enemy? Since when?

marty2006
February 3rd, 2007, 12:35 PM
Where is this info about a "war arc"?

I was wondering that myself sounds interesting.

Biolizard
February 3rd, 2007, 12:36 PM
Too bad Deep Space Nine did it first! ('cept I can't see the Asurans and Wraith becoming allies anytime soon....) :D

Buba uognarf
February 3rd, 2007, 12:38 PM
Too bad Deep Space Nine did it first! ('cept I can't see the Asurans and Wraith becoming allies anytime soon....) :D

i was thinking more...Wraith vs Asurans with the humans in the middle

Cameron Mitchel
February 3rd, 2007, 12:43 PM
lol ok...i'd love to see the real military might of the Wraith and see how they fought the ancients e.g them going toe to toe with the Asurans and actually winning every now and then. I don't want to see a repeat of reckoning which was a one sided replicators owning goa'uld war i want an actually war with 2 or more sides fighting it out
That's what it would be... The Asurans (or Replicators) would own the Wraith. C'mon, they're technology. They can rebuild stuff really fast, they can interface with all kinds of tech, they can't be fed off of... They'd beat the Ancients if they were fighting against them (unless the Ancients made some device(like a massive disruptor) to defeat them).

Cameron Mitchel
February 3rd, 2007, 12:45 PM

1. Wraith
2. Asurans
3. Michael’s Uberwraith
4. The Genii
5. Ford’s Lost boys

As long as they bring back Ford as at least a guest character (depends on RSF's willingness), then the Lost Boys will be back, but a lot of them (all but two I think) got killed.

Sicktem
February 3rd, 2007, 01:05 PM

What he said was that they had plans to deal with the Wraith and would get to it in due time, but refused to state how long from now that would be - They've had plans for at least the bulk of the last 10,000 years, but all they did was build a peaceful city that seems to be limited to one planet and the only ship they bothered building was the city ship. If they really wanted to wipe out the Wraith the best time to do so was when they were in stasis these last few hundred years. If they scouted out where the Hives were on planets and then built a number of ships to attack as many at once while then finding the best way to try to get to another before it awoke they could've crippled them before they so much as fired a shot. From there wiping them out would've been easy. However, it's my belief that the Asurans have no interest in waging war with the Wraith unless the Wraith get in their way since that means saving Humans (who they are extremely 'jealous' of) from them. After all, why lose your own people fighting an enemy of an enemy?

Psyku
February 3rd, 2007, 01:34 PM
hmmm think it is possible for the asurans to team up with the wraith. their base code is adaptable now.

they hate us and the ancients now. (hell they might even take the form of a wraith since they hate us)

and even if we found allies that are very capable against the wraith, they will somehow still be limited. afterall the wraith are in as good in unlimited numbers.

for the rest i'm not speculating for now because it's still unknown where the writers wanna go now for allot of changes are now in place.

i'm just curious about spoilers for now, to see wich way they wanna go.

in my perspective i demand more ancient tech. like diffrent classes of ships or even mini ancient city's. or something not just every time an experiment gone wrong or broken off. because off the wraith.

still hoping they find building docks or something. factory's it's still unknown how they all created the stuff.

and it's time for a total new alien race. and i don't mean micheal's minnions
(and i don't care if it's hard to work with or hard to create just give it)

something neutral i hope wich the wraith can't touch and don't even try. something unique.

AutumnDream
February 3rd, 2007, 05:54 PM
Wow. That sure would be great if they actually sat together and planned season 4 out. Imagine that. Actually knowing what the other writers are doing and making sure the scripts flow together and correlate with one another. Sort of like season 1. I hope this isn't just a rumor.

Mitchell82
February 3rd, 2007, 07:17 PM
I was wondering that myself sounds interesting.

Indeed it does. The spoilers for season four so far sound very interesting and if this is true even more so.

Sauron18
February 3rd, 2007, 08:03 PM
The Asurans are the Wraiths enemy? Since when?
Since the Day they were made....

The Asurans could've destroyed the Wraith long ago, but the Lanteans disapproved of their "methods". And really, who wouldn't?

Elitenova
February 3rd, 2007, 09:56 PM

1. Wraith
2. Asurans
3. Michael’s Uberwraith
4. The Genii
5. Ford’s Lost boys

You are forgetting Micheal's bug soldiers. That be cool.

IWKYZerocool
February 3rd, 2007, 10:23 PM
You are forgetting Micheal's bug soldiers. That be cool.

Thats number 3.

jenks
February 3rd, 2007, 11:15 PM
Since the Day they were made....

The Asurans could've destroyed the Wraith long ago, but the Lanteans disapproved of their "methods". And really, who wouldn't?

I still don't see how the Asurans are the Wraiths enemy, how do we know that the Wraith even know they exist?

Gen_J_O'Neill
February 4th, 2007, 12:18 AM
We don't know if the Wraith know they exist. Personally I don't think they do know about the Asurans. But if they did, they would consider them an enemy as they have the technology to threaten their existence. Also, they may look at them and think they are ancients.

I'd love to see this war arc. I always wanted Atlantis to get a little darker and stop reseting the show after each episode.

Lightbane
February 4th, 2007, 01:19 AM
I know wasn't one of the main things about the introduction of atlantis was that it was meant to be more dark? i think they lost sight of that in season 3.

The wraith would probably overcome any civil war thing and assemble all of their hive ships against asuras they use anicent tech so they could be just the same as the anicents from the wraith pov

Ouroboros
February 4th, 2007, 02:58 AM
1. Wraith
2. Asurans
3. Michael’s Uberwraith
4. The Genii
5. Ford’s Lost boys

Even if it's going to be everyone vs the Wraith that's going to be one awfully lopsided war.

The Asurans are the only other faction there that even have an infastructure worth half a damn. They're confined to one planet and still imitating the same people the Wraith crushed a galaxy full of 10,000 years ago though.

Normally it would feel phoney to have the whole war wrapped up in a season but not here really. This would be more of a cleaning of house than a war for the space vamps.

Now if they brought in the Ori...

J_B
February 4th, 2007, 04:39 AM
I still don't see how the Asurans are the Wraiths enemy, how do we know that the Wraith even know they exist?

That's what they were designed for, their original form was the nanites seen in 'The Hot Zone' before they came together to mimick human form!

From 'Progeny':

OBEROTH: Our Ancient brothers were arrogant, which led them to greatly underestimate the Wraith – an enemy inferior in intelligence, yes, but vastly superior in numbers and ruthlessness.

DEX: They wouldn't have been so outnumbered if you had helped.

SHEPPARD (quietly to Elizabeth): There's that bone I wanted to pick at.

DEX (to Oberoth): You said they were your brothers. Where we come from, we take care of our family.

(Rodney looks round at Ronon as if to say, "Shut up!" Oberoth glares at Ronon angrily. John tries to defuse the situation.)

SHEPPARD: Um, what my friend is trying to say is there's still a lot of Wraith out there, and we could sure use your help fighting them.

OBEROTH: Eradication of them is among our goals.

WEIR: You mean you have a plan?

OBEROTH: We do.

McKAY: Great! (He claps his hands together, grinning.) Let's hear it.

(Oberoth looks at him. Rodney's smile falters.)

McKAY (nervously): Your plan, I mean.

OBEROTH: I doubt that you would be able to grasp its complexity and scope.

(Rodney chuckles.)

McKAY: Fortunately, I'm very good with complexity.

SHEPPARD: *And* scope.

OBEROTH: All you need to know is that one day soon the Wraith will exist no more.

From 'The Real World':

McKAY: OK. We think we've found a way to uncouple the nanite cells from Elizabeth's cells.

BECKETT (indignantly): "We"?

TEYLA: How?

McKAY: We create a distraction.

(He holds up a small cylinder, smiling smugly. Carson gingerly takes it from him and carefully puts it down on a nearby trolley.)

BECKETT: It finally occurred to me why I wasn't having any success ...

McKAY (talking over him): What were the nanites originally designed to do?

DEX: Fight the Wraith.

McKAY: Exactly. So that's what we'll get them to do now.

BECKETT: We think by implanting a small amount of Wraith tissue into Doctor Weir's body ...

McKAY: It's like a tumour.

BECKETT: Aye, a small tumour, yes – the nanite cells will essentially ...

McKAY: ... will attack it. They *have* to – it's what they are programmed to do, which will draw them away from Elizabeth's cells, effectively unbinding them.

BECKETT: It will only last a few seconds or so, mind you, before the nanites attack the Wraith tissue and return their focus to Doctor Weir's cells.

No doubt that they see Wraioth as enemies & will wipe them out one day, whether they have done anything to the Wraith as of yet is another matter. So I doubt that the Wraith have encountered them yet. The original virus, I'm sure they did, but obviously those Wraith wouldn't be around any more. So I don't think they've met any Asurans, if they had. I'm sure they'd have been focusing all their attention on the Asuran homeworld all these years instea dof leaving it be.

As to the supposed War arc. I doubt there will be any of Ford's gang. He may make an appearance although I think it's doubtful since they've ignored him all of this time. His gang are pretty much wiped out.

The Geny's are seen as allies now, only Kolya could have taken over their leadership, then they'd have been classed as an enemy. However he's gone, so that ain't gonna happen. Even if it did, what's to stop Atlantis dialing them up & sending a nuke through to their planet or even have Daedalus or Apollo beam their gate up. That would take them out of the equation in an instant.

Hence,the Asurans are the main enemy now. So the whole war thing will be between them & Atlantis. Perhaps Wraith may be involved as I can see Atlantis trying to bring them into the fold somehow. Perhaps as temporary allies, as the Asurans are a lot more dangerous after 'First Strike' than the Wraith ever would be.

It's more likely to have the Asurans hunt down the Atlantis teams over the galaxy, all that movement will eventually draw the Wraith's attention. Put it this way, if it were me in chargae. I'd dial up a Wraith world & send them a burst of info about the Asurans, their whole design. The fact they're building an armada of ships, the fact they have the ability to design ancient tech. Then say they're going to finish off the Wraith. They'll send a Hive or Cruiser to check out the story, the Asurans will destroy it. Then the Wraith will know it's true & send all their ships to attack the planet.

The SGA team sits back & lets them fight it out. When it's finished one will be totally wiped out, while the other will also have taken a good beating. They then step in using Merlins device & finish the Asurans off totally. Thus the galaxy is totally free & Atlantis will rule again once more.

Michael & his boys will probably have another ep or 2 in S4. Maybe trying to take over the Wraith or whatever, but he won't be a main plot of the new season.

I seriously doubt that much will even be spent showing the Wraith either. I can see 4/5 eps at most involving them just like S3 did. The rest will be fillers that have nothing to do with any overall plot or arc, the remaining ones will involve the Asurans.

metabog
February 4th, 2007, 05:20 AM
I love the ideea of the "soft reset" and change of tone, probably brought on by the sudden huge influx of budget money coming from SG-1's death. Hopefully, atlantis will follow ds9's formula, or better, bsg's, or even humongously better, an original one.

Ellara
February 4th, 2007, 06:17 AM
I can't help but keep thinking about the ancient database...

It hold billions of pieces of information, especially about ancient technology, so in this library of information, shouldn't there be schematics to the Aurora class starships???

With all that we know now about ancient technology and with the help from the Asguard, shouldn't we have started to build an ancient ship of our own??? or even a battalion of ancient ships???

It seems to me that if I were in charge of not only finding a way to defend Atlantis but also kick some Wraith butt, this would have been one of my first decisions.

Commander Ivanova
February 4th, 2007, 07:25 AM
Well, after seeing Vengeance, I think it has the potential to get a whole lot darker.

Major_Griff
February 4th, 2007, 07:34 AM
i think it would be cool for an all out total war to break out, with Sheppard leading a whole platoon and being stationed on the front for a prolonged period of time ( away from Atlantis explaining Weir's recurring status). Also I think the alliances would be Atlantis, the Genii, and if they would be willing to bring Ford back, the lost boys vs Wraith vs Micheal's bunch vs the Asurans. With the story carrying on from ep to ep for the most part.

The Maneuver
February 4th, 2007, 04:21 PM

It hold billions of pieces of information, especially about ancient technology, so in this library of information, shouldn't there be schematics to the Aurora class starships???

With all that we know now about ancient technology and with the help from the Asguard, shouldn't we have started to build an ancient ship of our own??? or even a battalion of ancient ships???

It seems to me that if I were in charge of not only finding a way to defend Atlantis but also kick some Wraith butt, this would have been one of my first decisions.

Possible, but apparently it is a really big database, and a lot of the technology specs would be above even the Asgard's capabilities.

The Geny's are seen as allies now, only Kolya could have taken over their leadership, then they'd have been classed as an enemy. However he's gone, so that ain't gonna happen. Even if it did, what's to stop Atlantis dialing them up & sending a nuke through to their planet or even have Daedalus or Apollo beam their gate up. That would take them out of the equation in an instant.

Also a possibility, except the Genii have quite a few planets and we don't know the location of all of them.

Sicktem
February 4th, 2007, 04:35 PM

Would it also tell them where to get any metals used for building the ship that are unknown to them? What about how to build control crystals from scratch along with drones? They don't know how to build either and it appears as if the Ancients made a lot of those things by interfacing their mind with a computer and having a device fabricate it. No Human is intelligent enough to use such a device nor would looking it up in the database give them the ability to understand it well enough to get it to work. Even the Asgard have problems with that - The best way is to find a device capable of downloading the knowledge directly into your head, but Humans cannot last long under those conditions, nothing suggests it will work for the Asgard, and each only appeared to have a one time use so there would be a limit to what they could get out of it even under controlled situations. Regardless they have no idea where to find another one as of yet and without it the Atlantis databse is just filled with massive amounts of confusion that the Asgard would have trouble with as well even if the majority of their time wasn't spent rebuilding their civilization which limits the man power they can send out to help others.

jenks
February 4th, 2007, 08:07 PM
That's what they were designed for, their original form was the nanites seen in 'The Hot Zone' before they came together to mimick human form!

What's your point? That still doesn't mean that the Asurans are one of the Wraiths enemies.

AutumnDream
February 4th, 2007, 10:52 PM
i think it would be cool for an all out total war to break out, with Sheppard leading a whole platoon and being stationed on the front for a prolonged period of time ( away from Atlantis explaining Weir's recurring status). Also I think the alliances would be Atlantis, the Genii, and if they would be willing to bring Ford back, the lost boys vs Wraith vs Micheal's bunch vs the Asurans. With the story carrying on from ep to ep for the most part.

Sounds pretty sweet. Weir's role could be searching for other planets and undiscovered civilizations in Pegasus to add to the coalition, and all the experiences and difficulties that come with it. It'll also never happen with these showrunners.

skydragon786
February 17th, 2007, 02:54 PM
I believe that the Asurans could've wiped out the Wraith at any time in the last 10,000 years - If they wanted to wipe them out, they would've by now.

I'm of the view that the Asurans and Wraith are allies, but that will be revealed to us in the future sometime. Why? Well, the Asurans said that they will deal with the Wraith at a time of their choosing, and the fact that when Oberoth probed Sheppard's mind, the attack on Atlantis was done by a fleet of Wraith hive ships, not Asuran city ships.

On top of that, the Asurans and Wraith haven't been seen fighting or anything even remotely aggressive against one another during season 3..

Ltcolshepjumper
February 17th, 2007, 03:01 PM
I believe that the Asurans could've wiped out the Wraith at any time in the last 10,000 years - If they wanted to wipe them out, they would've by now.

I'm of the view that the Asurans and Wraith are allies, but that will be revealed to us in the future sometime. Why? Well, the Asurans said that they will deal with the Wraith at a time of their choosing, and the fact that when Oberoth probed Sheppard's mind, the attack on Atlantis was done by a fleet of Wraith hive ships, not Asuran city ships.

On top of that, the Asurans and Wraith haven't been seen fighting or anything even remotely aggressive against one another during season 3..

Oh, really... Asurans allies of the Wraith. If that's the case, why haven't they revealed the location of atlantis to them? Hasn't it been stated that the asurans didn't bother with the wraith because they were of no threat to them? The asurans are a neutral race, for the most part, when it comes to picking sides between the Wraith and the humans. As well, the Asurans are not human and therefore have no sympathy for the humans. Besides, so what if the Asurans used Wraith Hive Ships in sheppard's mind? It's what would have naturally happened, and I think Oberoth was going for realistic situations. and, the wraith don't know the Asurans exist.

AlexD
February 17th, 2007, 03:33 PM

1. Wraith
2. Asurans
3. Michael’s Uberwraith
4. The Genii
5. Ford’s Lost boys

The writers have plenty to work with for S4! :)

I'd love to see a war between the Wraith and the Asurans (after all, they were programmed to fight and kill the Wraith) with Atlantis stuck in the middle and having to side with one its mortal enemies.

skydragon786
February 18th, 2007, 09:21 AM
Oh, really... Asurans allies of the Wraith. If that's the case, why haven't they revealed the location of atlantis to them? Hasn't it been stated that the asurans didn't bother with the wraith because they were of no threat to them?

Being allies means that they don't have to share everything you know. Also, how do we know that the Asurans didn't know about Atlantis? Maybe they pretended not to know, and decided to wait for the SGA team to come to them..

Hasn't it been stated that the asurans didn't bother with the wraith because they were of no threat to them?

Exactly. Makes me wonder why. I personally don't believe it is because the Asurans could destroy the Wraith at any time if they wanted to.. more that they are in league with one another.

The asurans are a neutral race, for the most part, when it comes to picking sides between the Wraith and the humans. As well, the Asurans are not human and therefore have no sympathy for the humans. Besides, so what if the Asurans used Wraith Hive Ships in sheppard's mind? It's what would have naturally happened, and I think Oberoth was going for realistic situations. and, the wraith don't know the Asurans exist.

Another assumption. Where does it say that the Wraith don't know about the Asurans? I watch Atlantis very attentively, and have never seen it mentioned anywhere that the Wraith aren't aware of the Asurans, and why the hell would they reveal it and spoil the surprise?

Also, how are the Asurans "neutral" - We hardly know anything about the Asurans, except that they were created by the Ancients to fight the Wraith, got destroyed by the Ancients for the most part, and the surviving Asurans left to create their own world, that they can replicate, and can build Atlantis-style city ships. Don't know anything else about them - How can you make those assumptions? We don't even know if maybe, after having been nearly completely destroyed by the Ancients, the surviving Replicators helped the Wraith defeat the Ancients which ultimately led them to abandon the city and go back to Earth?

Besides, so what if the Asurans used Wraith Hive Ships in sheppard's mind? It's what would have naturally happened, and I think Oberoth was going for realistic situations. and, the wraith don't know the Asurans exist.

Again, where does it say that the Wraith don't know about the Asurans? And about the Hive ships, just thought it was awefully convenient..

sparkygate
February 18th, 2007, 02:03 PM
You know i get the feeling that the atlantian team would probably leak information to the wraith about the Asurans homeworld, the wraith would of course go to that planet and start attacking... the asurans of course would migrate somewhere else in the galaxy to rebuild and then attack wraith, this of course might be an all out war.. the atlantian team would probably get a glimps of the left over war when they arrive at the Asurans homeworld.

As for the Genii, they are already allies, but i get a feeling we might meet some people who around tollan tech area... we would probably end up allies or something because the atlantian team has enough powerful enemies as it is (Asurans, Wraith, Michael etc..). Who knows we might run into more information or even meet the furlings or discover another city ship which can be taken back to Earth or something

Ltcolshepjumper
February 18th, 2007, 04:10 PM
You know i get the feeling that the atlantian team would probably leak information to the wraith about the Asurans homeworld, the wraith would of course go to that planet and start attacking... the asurans of course would migrate somewhere else in the galaxy to rebuild and then attack wraith, this of course might be an all out war.. the atlantian team would probably get a glimps of the left over war when they arrive at the Asurans homeworld.

As for the Genii, they are already allies, but i get a feeling we might meet some people who around tollan tech area... we would probably end up allies or something because the atlantian team has enough powerful enemies as it is (Asurans, Wraith, Michael etc..). Who knows we might run into more information or even meet the furlings or discover another city ship which can be taken back to Earth or something

We aren't going to see the furlings... ever. TPTB have already stated that they regretted inventing them. As for something else to help Earth, I'd rather not see that. Atlantis has already given them 2 ZPMs, ZPMs that they needed themselves. So no, no more powerful stuff for Earth. SGA is the main show now and I really think its time for atlantis to keep all of the stuff they find. and no more getting rid of new ships or technology. They need something that works and that they can keep. and, unfortunately, I don't remember them mentioning anything about causing a war to break out in the episode, only in the spoilers so I really don't think they actually are going to explore any war arc. Remember, they also said they were at war with the wraith... where did that go?

sg1adam
February 24th, 2007, 10:44 AM
I know this is going off topic, but I read the other day some where that one of tptb, when asked about the Furlings, and said "who says that we haven't met them".... or something like that.

Who knows what tech, allies etc... will be brought into the mix, maybe a Tollan'esq race thats ok as an allie, but feels reluctant to get into the war for whatever reason......

fallenexile452
February 24th, 2007, 11:35 AM
Possible, but apparently it is a really big database, and a lot of the technology specs would be above even the Asgard's capabilities.

Yes but with the holographic interface that's linked to the database it should be possible to easily find that information. plus once the asgard have looked at it they will understand it. Look at how quickly thor was able to understand and even create a larger version of the anti-replicator weaponsimply once he knew what it did. i refuse to believe that any race that were considered an equal with the ancients when the alliance thing was still on would not even catch up to them or even surpass them in 10,000 years. which bring me onto the next point why do the asgard not consider atlantis important enough to have a group of their own researchers and scientists there, then we could have asgard ships helping to defeat the wraith and be involved in the war arc :)

sg1adam
February 24th, 2007, 11:42 AM
^^^^^ Thats an interesting point, maybe that is something that TPTB will bring into the show later ???????

Heaven
February 24th, 2007, 01:22 PM
the last thing I wanna see is another war arc
I think it worked out really badly on SG1 and atlantis as a relatively new show should concentrate on expanding its much stored potential for new conceptual and creative work

SGFerrit
February 24th, 2007, 02:00 PM
As for something else to help Earth, I'd rather not see that. Atlantis has already given them 2 ZPMs, ZPMs that they needed themselves. So no, no more powerful stuff for Earth. SGA is the main show now and I really think its time for atlantis to keep all of the stuff they find.

But the entire point of the whole expedition is to find technology to protect Earth. Believe it or not Earth needs the ZPMs more than Atlantis for when the Ori arrive, because the 6,000,000,000 people of Earthe are simply more important than the few hundred people on Atlantis. The expedition knows that, and it's only logical. Obviously they will be able to keep some of the stuff at Atlantis, but if there is anything that can help Earth that is found in Pegasus, then it MUST go to Earth. I expect Atlantis will be able to keep more once the Ori are defeated, but in the long run everything the Atlantis team does is for the benefit and protection of Earth.

Personally I think that now it can fly it should be relocated to the MW, but I still want to see what else the Pegasus galaxy had to offer. If this was real life then it would be sent back to Earth, so that the Wraith and Asurans could not attack it and so that it could defend Earth

and no more getting rid of new ships or technology. They need something that works and that they can keep.

I agree with that

prion
February 25th, 2007, 12:31 PM
the last thing I wanna see is another war arc
I think it worked out really badly on SG1 and atlantis as a relatively new show should concentrate on expanding its much stored potential for new conceptual and creative work

The writers should work with the wraith - ditch any thought to the Ori or other 'earth based' wars. We've had a decade of them. Let's have something new.

Pitry
December 22nd, 2007, 09:53 AM
Only so far it's nto erally a war, is it?
I mean, really.

(spilers 4X01-4X10)
We hear the distant voices of war. We've even seen a devestated planet, but other than that.... The Atlantis team ahs been in war with the Wraith since day one. They have always been in war with the Asurans since Progeny. As long as there's no real effect on the lives of the team, their day-to-day activity - abnd the epsides we see on screen, it's not really a war. SG1's season 9 felt much more like a war that this year, TBH, and that was before war was declared, actually.
Saying "We're at war" doesn;t cut it out for me.

Jumper_One
December 22nd, 2007, 10:56 AM
Only so far it's nto erally a war, is it?
I mean, really.

(spilers 4X01-4X10)
We hear the distant voices of war. We've even seen a devestated planet, but other than that.... The Atlantis team ahs been in war with the Wraith since day one. They have always been in war with the Asurans since Progeny. As long as there's no real effect on the lives of the team, their day-to-day activity - abnd the epsides we see on screen, it's not really a war. SG1's season 9 felt much more like a war that this year, TBH, and that was before war was declared, actually.
Saying "We're at war" doesn;t cut it out for me.

let's wait for BAMSR and SoW ;)

Pitry
December 22nd, 2007, 01:21 PM
let's wait for BAMSR and SoW ;)

But woudl it matter then? i think not.
The point of a war arc is for it to be an arc. You can't have a couple of "war" episodes and say - look! there's a war! It's here! It affects my characters! There's a war arc!... it doesn't work this way. As I said, look at SG1 season 9 - On the first half, episodes 1-3 were an introduction of the problem. Episode 4, while not directly revolving around it, used the Orii problem as a story element. Episode 5 was full blown "we're in deep ****". As was 6... etc etc. You could see how the Orii have become an immediate, significant problem.
Another show that could servge as an example would be Babylon 5. Look at the way they've done a war arc there. You could argue that there shoudl ahev been a lot less war episodes in B5 - as it spun over more than 3 seasons! But in any episode it felt like there's a war going on. And it matters. And it changes the cahracters adn they can't run away frmo the war.

It doesn't feel like that in SGA, and I doubt that 2 episodes are going to make a difference...

Jumper_One
December 22nd, 2007, 01:30 PM
But woudl it matter then? i think not.
The point of a war arc is for it to be an arc. You can't have a couple of "war" episodes and say - look! there's a war! It's here! It affects my characters! There's a war arc!... it doesn't work this way. As I said, look at SG1 season 9 - On the first half, episodes 1-3 were an introduction of the problem. Episode 4, while not directly revolving around it, used the Orii problem as a story element. Episode 5 was full blown "we're in deep ****". As was 6... etc etc. You could see how the Orii have become an immediate, significant problem.
Another show that could servge as an example would be Babylon 5. Look at the way they've done a war arc there. You could argue that there shoudl ahev been a lot less war episodes in B5 - as it spun over more than 3 seasons! But in any episode it felt like there's a war going on. And it matters. And it changes the cahracters adn they can't run away frmo the war.

It doesn't feel like that in SGA, and I doubt that 2 episodes are going to make a difference...

I didn't quote you because I disagree
you're certainly right so far it hasn't been much of a war, however this should change in BAMSR and SoW. after that it'll be one ep at a time again - but that's ok imo because I never expected anything else. it's always been this way, SG-1 and SGA. I wouldn't compare Atlantis with B5 as those shows are very different. same goes for DS9 which also had a major story arc

Mitchell82
December 22nd, 2007, 01:34 PM
I didn't quote you because I disagree
you're certainly right so far it hasn't been much of a war, however this should change in BAMSR and SoW. after that it'll be one ep at a time again - but that's ok imo because I never expected anything else. it's always been this way, SG-1 and SGA. I wouldn't compare Atlantis with B5 as those shows are very different. same goes for DS9 which also had a major story arc

I agree but I see his point. Seasons 9 and 10 had season long arcs revolving around the Ori. So far the war with the Asurans and Wraith has been off screen however it won't be for long. This season is going to be massive revolving around the war starting with BAMSR.

kymeric
December 26th, 2007, 06:16 PM
Lol @ Geni, wut have they done other than offer Rhonin and Teyla jobs last season?

Ltcolshepjumper
December 27th, 2007, 06:30 AM
I agree but I see his point. Seasons 9 and 10 had season long arcs revolving around the Ori. So far the war with the Asurans and Wraith has been off screen however it won't be for long. This season is going to be massive revolving around the war starting with BAMSR.

You're in for a surprise.

MartianManhunter
December 27th, 2007, 07:55 AM
What's your point? That still doesn't mean that the Asurans are one of the Wraiths enemies.

Whats the last episode that you've seen?

jenks
December 27th, 2007, 08:05 AM
Whats the last episode that you've seen?

Use your brain.

MartianManhunter
December 27th, 2007, 08:17 AM
Use your brain.

I use my brain all the time(I don't have much choice in the matter:cool:), but obviously you havent seen season 4 or else you would have known that the Wraith & Asurans are enemies, so my brain says season 3?

jenks
December 27th, 2007, 08:30 AM
I use my brain all the time(I don't have much choice in the matter:cool:), but obviously you havent seen season 4 or else you would have known that the Wraith & Asurans are enemies, so my brain says season 3?

Your brain fails, think harder. Look at my post more closely.

s09119
December 27th, 2007, 08:37 AM
For a true "war arc", I direct you to Stargate: Horizon season three (okay, starting with the Season Two finale...). Their Vorian Civil War arc was incredible, and I daresay one of the best in any Stargate series.

MartianManhunter
December 27th, 2007, 09:05 AM
Your brain fails, think harder. Look at my post more closely.

Really, I thought for sure that I was on the money with that one. Well is cant be season 1/2 because you know about the Asurans so that only leaves, season 4?

jenks
December 27th, 2007, 09:37 AM
Really, I thought for sure that I was on the money with that one. Well is cant be season 1/2 because you know about the Asurans so that only leaves, season 4?

http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/4296/postkz8.jpg

MartianManhunter
December 27th, 2007, 10:18 AM
^I think you were correct, I wasn't using my brain(at all).

Arica12
December 27th, 2007, 12:27 PM
Well while I don't watch much Sg-1 (Seasons 9 & 10 only) I did just see something in the episode 200 which I thought might explain the whole now you see it now you don't element of the arc. Hanging Lanterns anyone.;)

Mitchell82
December 27th, 2007, 12:32 PM
But the entire point of the whole expedition is to find technology to protect Earth. Believe it or not Earth needs the ZPMs more than Atlantis for when the Ori arrive, because the 6,000,000,000 people of Earthe are simply more important than the few hundred people on Atlantis. The expedition knows that, and it's only logical. Obviously they will be able to keep some of the stuff at Atlantis, but if there is anything that can help Earth that is found in Pegasus, then it MUST go to Earth. I expect Atlantis will be able to keep more once the Ori are defeated, but in the long run everything the Atlantis team does is for the benefit and protection of Earth.

Personally I think that now it can fly it should be relocated to the MW, but I still want to see what else the Pegasus galaxy had to offer. If this was real life then it would be sent back to Earth, so that the Wraith and Asurans could not attack it and so that it could defend Earth
Agreed though I don't think they would want Atlantis on Earth. Too much risk of exposure or even the city's distruction.

SGFerrit
December 27th, 2007, 12:45 PM
Agreed though I don't think they would want Atlantis on Earth. Too much risk of exposure or even the city's distruction.

IMO They shouldn't do it until they announce the programme to the world. Or they should just bring it to a planet in the MW at the end of the season and wait until they are ready to do that.

Mitchell82
December 27th, 2007, 12:51 PM
IMO They shouldn't do it until they announce the programme to the world. Or they should just bring it to a planet in the MW at the end of the season and wait until they are ready to do that.

Agreed though personally there are plenty of stories in Pegasus.

Ltcolshepjumper
December 27th, 2007, 01:33 PM
Actually, Atlantis should be kept in the Pegasus galaxy. Even if they defeated all of their enemies, Earth still needs a secure outpost in the Pegasus Galaxy. Besides, the IOA really doesn't value Atlantis that much anyway.

Mitchell82
December 27th, 2007, 01:35 PM
Actually, Atlantis should be kept in the Pegasus galaxy. Even if they defeated all of their enemies, Earth still needs a secure outpost in the Pegasus Galaxy.

Agreed.

PG15
December 27th, 2007, 01:57 PM
For a true "war arc", I direct you to Stargate: Horizon season three (okay, starting with the Season Two finale...). Their Vorian Civil War arc was incredible, and I daresay one of the best in any Stargate series.

Fan series.

And until it's produced, on budget; it can't be compared to the real series.

Mitchell82
December 27th, 2007, 02:00 PM
Fan series.

And until it's produced, on budget; it can't be compared to the real series.

Thank you for saying that. A fan produced series is just as much cannon as the fifth fan produced(fan fic) season of Lois and Clark.