This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will they ever reach home?

I really really really hope that after SG1-S8 they start having regular contact with Earth. If they end up like another bloody StarTrek Voyager/Quantum Leap/Lost World/whatever where they spend the entire run of the series looking for that "trip home" I'll lose interest pretty fast.

SPOILER (highlight to read)

Fear not, I remember reading somewhere that before the end of the season, they will get home.
    (but apparently not in the episode "Home")

Comment

I don't read spoilers but I hope you're right. It becomes repetitive real fast and I hated Voyager's finale.

Comment

Voyager could have had an excellent ending. But they messed it up HUGE. The show had major potential.

Comment

I think that the difference is that Atlantis isn't trying to get home. They aren't lost. They are trying to have contact with home.

And the answer is, I'm sure, because they've talked about wanting to have crossovers available.

Comment

It only makes sense to let them have contact back home once they've established themselves in the Pegasus galaxy. If they had been able to go back as soon as they encountered the Wraith, they would have. So you have to strand them there for a bit until they have a vested interest in staying and 'fighting the good fight' (so to speak). The series should have reached this point around the end of season one or start of season 2 (up to the writers really). Most likely they will only be able to have intermittent contact with home (once a month or something) but I see no problems (story wise) with such contact being established.

Comment

I´d say that they will manage to make some kind of contact with Earth in about half a season after SG-1 goes off the air, until then they will keep the two series completely apart.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd
                I´d say that they will manage to make some kind of contact with Earth in about half a season after SG-1 goes off the air, until then they will keep the two series completely apart.
                I dont think so.
                Spoiler:
                they will get home at the end of s1 or at the beginning of S2.

Remember that they need a lot of supplies
                "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

SPOILER
                  (highlight to read it)
                  NEW! August 15 -- "We also have an idea for the end of Atlantis [Season One]. Right now, for the whole season, we're cut off. But we're going to make it home at least once at the end of the season, or connect with people from Earth at least once, to touch base, to provide the opportunity for the Stargate universe to occasionally cross over. After this season it will become much more possible for any one of the SG team members to appear." (Executive producer Brad Wright, in an interview with the Richard Dean Anderson Web Site)
                  sigpic

Well, not anymore... Good bye Atlantis!

Comment

Originally posted by Vespasianus
                    SPOILER
                    (highlight to read it)
                    NEW! August 15 -- "We also have an idea for the end of Atlantis [Season One]. Right now, for the whole season, we're cut off. But we're going to make it home at least once at the end of the season, or connect with people from Earth at least once, to touch base, to provide the opportunity for the Stargate universe to occasionally cross over. After this season it will become much more possible for any one of the SG team members to appear." (Executive producer Brad Wright, in an interview with the Richard Dean Anderson Web Site)
                    Can't wait to see
                    Spoiler:
                    the SG personel in atlantis then

btw, dont make the letters white, just use a spoiler tag so it wont become visible in quotes

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

Originally posted by torok
                      I really really really hope that after SG1-S8 they start having regular contact with Earth. If they end up like another bloody StarTrek Voyager/Quantum Leap/Lost World/whatever where they spend the entire run of the series looking for that "trip home" I'll lose interest pretty fast.
                      I agree, unless they changed it to be more like Gilligan's Island, with McKay as Gilligan!
                      O'Neill: "Well, we'll just have to cross that bridge when we come to it."
                      Bra'tac: "No, the bridge is too well guarded."

Comment

Originally posted by Ramne
                        I agree, unless they changed it to be more like Gilligan's Island, with McKay as Gilligan!
                        Spoiler:
                        I am more than 100% sure they will have regular contact

There are more sources confirming that

Comment

Or we could turn it into the next McGyver (sp?), with McKay as McGyver
                          We are the ori. You will be assymilated. Resistance is futile.

Comment

Yeah they could call it McKyver.

Comment

Whenever SG-1 ends they will get home. I heard that it doesn't happen in season one, so prob the season two primere. Hopefully at that point the show will have a real point instead of like 5.
                              It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

Working...
                              X