Ori situation!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ori situation!!

I believe that the Ori cant be dead, and if they have indeed been written off the show, there is a major continuity error.

Remember the ultimate goal of the Ori was/is to destroy the ancients therefore they would have known that sooner or later they would have to battle the ancients.
    What i dont understand is, if indeed the Ori are dead, why did they allow the weapon to activate in the first place. Wouldn't they supposedly take the weapon and battle the ancients rather than being destroyed. We all know the Ori have the power to do this and we also know that ascended beings have an impeccable sense of timing (Full circle).

ur right abt that. The ori might've gone down and swooped it up, but its all guessing. The ancients didnt come down and swoop it up, meaning they wanted it to work, the ori might've got caught off guard and got killed. we;re all guessing here, no point in arguing abt it

Comment

well i believe most of the Ori in the Ori Galaxy were kill ,but what if one or two of them were in other distant Galaxy .Like the Pegasus.

What were the SG1 expect ?
      Were they hoping once the Ori are dead their army in their home Galaxy will decent into civil war like Iraq and leave milkyway alone.
      The Ori amy will continue to fight , and May be Adria promote herself ,and command her amy to fight for her own galactic conquest.

What about the other Prior ? may be a few of them can reach ascension ?

We were told the Prior can't ascend because they are only getting spoon feed by the Ori without doing anything on their own.

When Mckay were alter by the Ancent Machine, he determined that an EEG frequency of 0.1 to 0.9 Hz is required for the mind to allow for a person to ascend. Dr. Beckett explains that this level is only exhibited by comotose patients.
      Mckay were in the Zone when he figure out a way to reverse his DNA back to normal.

So it is possible many Prior could reach Ascension on their own if they are allow to without the Ori's interference.

If soem of the Prior reach Ascension, then we are back to the beganning .
      The Ancient doesn't allow the Ori to use their power, but they already gave their army a lot of their technologies and power.

Comment

I have no idea if the Ori are dead or not. I do know this though - the war isn't over even if they are. And with even more Ori ships in our galaxy now, things aren't looking so good.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

There are still six episodes and a movie with the Ori, so they're not dead yet.
          I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by faz View Post
            I believe that the Ori cant be dead, and if they have indeed been written off the show, there is a major continuity error.

Remember the ultimate goal of the Ori was/is to destroy the ancients therefore they would have known that sooner or later they would have to battle the ancients.
            What i dont understand is, if indeed the Ori are dead, why did they allow the weapon to activate in the first place. Wouldn't they supposedly take the weapon and battle the ancients rather than being destroyed. We all know the Ori have the power to do this and we also know that ascended beings have an impeccable sense of timing (Full circle).
            the ancients could have shielded what is happening in the MW so the ori couldn't know what to expect. and even if the ori fought the ancients head on the ancients would most likely have lasted long enough to allow us to do what we intended.

the priors never ascended in the first place, the ori intended them to preach, if they die so be it, just make a new one. The ori don't want priors to ascend so they probably make it like Kalek, to the point where they have super human abilities but cant ascend. The priors dont know their gods are dead, and think they have done the necessary acts to recieve ascension. I wouldnt expect to see any priors ascending but Adria on the other hand, she is something else to deal with.
            Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger View Post
              There are still six episodes and a movie with the Ori, so they're not dead yet.
              You know i havnt got a chance to see the shows yet ( live in the USA , SciFi Sucks rigth now ) , but i will agree with you on that fact ... There is still 6 Eps and a MOVIE that is going to end the stroyline of the Ori as we know it ... Cant have a MOVIE About the Ori if the Ori are already dead ...LOL

Comment

Well in the episode when Teal'c was talking to Jackson, Jackson said that the Ori will move out the way while Adria detonate the device. This might mean that after the 5 mins up the weapon fires but detonates aswell or this might be the way that the weapon fires.
                So technically the weapon will be no good the time it went to the Ori galaxy as it has detonated.
                sigpicIf The Simpsons ever get on Stargate

Comment

Spoiler:
                  Maybe the Ori descended seeing the imminent danger, and are still opposing their will as they have superpowers (but are now mortal and not all-knowing)

Comment

Originally posted by Freek View Post
                    Spoiler:
                    Maybe the Ori descended seeing the imminent danger, and are still opposing their will as they have superpowers (but are now mortal and not all-knowing)
                    Spoiler:
                    That would be good episode actually.

Comment

I wish people would stop using the word 'dead' with regards to the effect of the weapon on ascended beings. The way the weapon works has been covered on the show. It does not kill ascended beings; it emits energy that is an exact opposite to the energy that makes up ascended beings. This cancels them out.
                      Just like adding the number -592 to +592 equals zero.

From season 9 episode 20 - Camelot
                      It is an energy transfer device, similar to a ZPM. Except that the energy is channelled, not from subspace into ordinary space-time, but rather into the dimension occupied by ascended beings. It is a form of interference; a simple analogy would be two standing waves cancelling each other out.
                      If one follows this explanation it is obvious that the device would only work while it's active. If it was deactivated the ascended beings would no longer be cancelled out and would exist again.

One would assume that the device somehow hides itself when activated so no one can find it, otherwise Adria would just turn it off, but that’s just speculation.
                      SPACE MACGYVER!!
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m45YqOin2sg

Comment

well that does beg the question why didnt Adria just turn it off if it only works whilst its active? besides the Ori cant be dead because if that were the case SG-1 would have commited genocide and i cant believe that Daniel Jackson of all the charcters in the show would go along with that.
                        To the Mandatorium!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Psi View Post
                          I wish people would stop using the word 'dead' with regards to the effect of the weapon on ascended beings. The way the weapon works has been covered on the show. It does not kill ascended beings; it emits energy that is an exact opposite to the energy that makes up ascended beings. This cancels them out.
                          Just like adding the number -592 to +592 equals zero.

From season 9 episode 20 - Camelot

If one follows this explanation it is obvious that the device would only work while it's active. If it was deactivated the ascended beings would no longer be cancelled out and would exist again.

One would assume that the device somehow hides itself when activated so no one can find it, otherwise Adria would just turn it off, but that’s just speculation.
                          spoiler for the Shroud
                          Spoiler:

But in The Shroud when Teal'c was talking to Jackson, Jackson said that the Ori will move out the way while Adria detonate the device. This might mean that after the 5 mins up the weapon fires but detonates aswell or this might be the way that the weapon fires.

Comment

The weapon might create an anti-ascendo-being-o-fiel like the cave that stopped Adria.

Comment

Originally posted by ckwongau View Post
                              well i believe most of the Ori in the Ori Galaxy were kill ,but what if one or two of them were in other distant Galaxy .Like the Pegasus.

What were the SG1 expect ?
                              Were they hoping once the Ori are dead their army in their home Galaxy will decent into civil war like Iraq and leave milkyway alone.
                              The Ori amy will continue to fight , and May be Adria promote herself ,and command her amy to fight for her own galactic conquest.

What about the other Prior ? may be a few of them can reach ascension ?

We were told the Prior can't ascend because they are only getting spoon feed by the Ori without doing anything on their own.

When Mckay were alter by the Ancent Machine, he determined that an EEG frequency of 0.1 to 0.9 Hz is required for the mind to allow for a person to ascend. Dr. Beckett explains that this level is only exhibited by comotose patients.
                              Mckay were in the Zone when he figure out a way to reverse his DNA back to normal.

So it is possible many Prior could reach Ascension on their own if they are allow to without the Ori's interference.

If soem of the Prior reach Ascension, then we are back to the beganning .
                              The Ancient doesn't allow the Ori to use their power, but they already gave their army a lot of their technologies and power.
                              They AREN"T in the Pegasus Galaxy, so quit the wishful thinking.

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

Working...
                              X