PDA

View Full Version : Resident Evil : Apocalypse

Elwe Singollo
September 6th, 2004, 08:38 PM
Ok wow, the movie is comming out September 10, that date seemed so long ago when it was mentioned there was going to be a second movie, and wow, to me, it seems like another year waiting for September 10 to come, cause i really want to watch RE:Apocalypse, it looks so much better than the first one, although i did like the first one :)

D.C.
September 6th, 2004, 08:45 PM
I think it looks just as bad as the first. It doesn't look like Dawn of the Dead awesomeness. :)

omnian
September 7th, 2004, 12:14 AM
I really want to see it! It doesn't come out until November over here though :(

Best be good cos I've been looking forward to this.... :p

Whitster
September 7th, 2004, 08:16 AM
I thought the first one was pretty ****e but i saw the trailer for this one on the apple site the other day and i have to admit it looks pretty good. I still don't think it's gonna capture the atmosphere of the game that well though.

Wyrminarrd
September 7th, 2004, 08:19 AM
I never played the game so that didnīt bother me when I saw the first one. I like the first movie a lot so Iīm looking forward to seeing this one.

Teal'c
September 7th, 2004, 08:54 AM
If that guy who wouldn't die from the first movie comes back again, that'll make this one brilliant... if he doesn't, another pile of crap :P (Seriously, that guy was the only thing I liked about the first RE movie :P)

aschen
September 7th, 2004, 09:09 AM
Anything is better than "HOuse of the Dead."

MartoufMarty
September 7th, 2004, 09:23 AM
i really liked the first movie. Alice kicks ass. i wanna see the second one! :( but i'll probably have to wait a while for it to come out on to DVD or something. very little chance that i'll see it in theaters, though that would be so cool.

the dawn of the dead was total crap in my opinion. :P

DownFallAngel
September 7th, 2004, 11:11 AM
Jill is soooooooooooooooooooo hot looking in this movie.

Have you guys seen the clip on YAHOO!, where she walks into the police station and just starts shooting at zombies. And she is like "I thought I told you guys to aim for the heads?" And walks out, cause she was getting yelled at.

She is gunna be awesome in this movie!

TechnoBoY
September 7th, 2004, 11:17 AM
I wish it came out in October! I will be 17 then and can watch R without my parents buying the tickets! Grr! I wanna see it!

D.C.
September 7th, 2004, 12:46 PM
I think I'll wait until Dawn of the Dead remake is on DVD. :)

Elwe Singollo
September 7th, 2004, 01:29 PM
I think I'll wait until Dawn of the Dead remake is on DVD. :)Some people think Dawn of the Dead wasn't so great DC :rolleyes: But i do have to say, at least the first Resident Evil explained where all these Zombies came from, unless your a person who doesn't care about that and wants to see blood, etc... :) I'm not saying Dawn of the Dead wasn't as great as you say it is, but i'm just saying RE:A looks good so far :D

D.C.
September 7th, 2004, 01:37 PM
Resident Evil doesn't take its subject matter seriously. It's like a giant video game adapted to the big screen. :)

Elwe Singollo
September 7th, 2004, 01:43 PM
Resident Evil doesn't take its subject matter seriously. It's like a giant video game adapted to the big screen. :)I am not quite sure what you mean by, "...doesn't take its subject matter seriously.", what exactly does that mean? I can easily say, "Dawn of the Dead doesn't take its subject matter seriosly." and i wouldn't know what that meant, sorry for the hassle, me just wants to be clear.

D.C.
September 7th, 2004, 01:47 PM
Heh, well... Residient Evil has all those high tech stuff and government labratories and make believe SWAT teams. I guess it does take it's subject matter seriously, I just prefer it to be a little more realistic. (and better. :))

Elwe Singollo
September 7th, 2004, 01:59 PM
So you are saying Dawn of the Dead is simpilly better because its supposingly more realistic, unlike how Resident Evil has make-believe swat teams and high-tech stuff? Ok, i understand your view now, thanks :D I just don't agree how your saying Dawn of the Dead is more realistic, in real life, there are labratories and swat teams, i don't understand how having no labratories and swat teams makes a movie better than another, such as your beloved Dawn of the Dead, where theres only people running around from things that eat you, grr, i mean zombies, or do you just like how its a simple survival movie, trying not to be eaten?

DownFallAngel
September 7th, 2004, 02:13 PM
AHAHAHAAH A LMJ, funny stuff.

I like the RE series better. Its alot deeper than the DOTD series.

D.C.
September 7th, 2004, 02:21 PM
Shut up. :) It's probably simpler to say that I like Dawn of the Dead better. :)

Elwe Singollo
September 7th, 2004, 03:46 PM
Shut up. :) It's probably simpler to say that I like Dawn of the Dead better. :)Yes, very understandable, hey for example, you like monkeys better than hobbits, while i have no comment, ahh bad analogy :eek: :rolleyes:

D.C.
September 7th, 2004, 03:55 PM
Who doesn't prefer a monkey to a hobbit?

Elwe Singollo
September 7th, 2004, 03:59 PM
Who doesn't prefer a monkey to a hobbit?Not really a 'monkey', more of a 'king kong', haha... And oh yah, i was referring to you.

Shivan
September 7th, 2004, 04:18 PM
I think it looks just as bad as the first. It doesn't look like Dawn of the Dead awesomeness. :)

The first one was amazing.

And Paul Anderson directed it, and that says something because Paul Anderson isn't a great director.

But I loved the first, and this one definitely looks promising.

:)

Elwe Singollo
September 7th, 2004, 04:34 PM
Paul Anderson...Paul Anderson, i knew he directed the first RE, but what recent movie... OO- was it Alien v. Predator that he did too?

D.C.
September 7th, 2004, 05:52 PM
Monkeys are better then hobbits. :) The characters weren't as likeable in the movie as well. :)

Elwe Singollo
September 7th, 2004, 11:02 PM
Ok... Anywho, just to note whoever is looking on the positive side on seeing this movie, and who has played the games, and have seen pictures of the characters in the movie and the games, wouldn't you think Nicholai (sp?) looks a bit different, such as the actor playing him, is a bit skinny compared to the bulky character in the game?

D.C.
September 8th, 2004, 12:35 AM
I liked the games. :)

Elwe Singollo
September 11th, 2004, 02:13 PM
I saw it the first time last night, i was excited :D The movie is a lot more 'outside' compared to the first movie, which was really good, and the merge with the original characters such as Alice and how the Nemesis was made, was really good with the game characters. Also, this had some good comedy :D Much, much more action than most zombie movies as well :)

DownFallAngel
September 11th, 2004, 02:16 PM
"Na man, my **** is custom!" **black guy shows off those dual gold pistols**

This movie was awesome. I thought Jill was sexy and sleek, and a total badass. Alice was cool too. This movie was completely left open ended, and totally leaves room for a trilogy.

The only thing I was hoping, was that Umbrella transfered Alice to the Europe Facility instead of outside Racoon City.

I am totally buying this box set when it comes out.

Elwe Singollo
September 11th, 2004, 04:20 PM
Yah the ending was good, it didn't make me go, "what the hell was that?!" The thing i liked about this video game adaption unlike some other ones, this movie had something totally original that fits right into the story. One of my favorite parts of this movie is when Jill and the others first meet Alice in the church, and after Alice kills the lickers, and Jill asks, "Who the ***** are you." Yah, very 'woman power' in this movie, not a bad thing of course, because Carlos had his moments as well :)

DownFallAngel
September 11th, 2004, 06:33 PM
The best line out of the whole movie, I think, was with Nicholi, inside the Junior High Cafeteria. He was fighting that dog.

and then.....***shoots dog in the head*** "Sit."

Elwe Singollo
September 11th, 2004, 09:04 PM
The best line out of the whole movie, I think, was with Nicholi, inside the Junior High Cafeteria. He was fighting that dog.

and then.....***shoots dog in the head*** "Sit."Yah, although i was sad for the movie Nicholi, i thought his character was supposed to be bad, haha, but no problem, his character was still good :D

Elwe Singollo
September 13th, 2004, 01:46 PM
http://scifi.com/scifiwire/art-main.html?2004-09/13/09.00.film
RE:A got number 1 in the box office, people who made the movie should feel proud, cause i am :rolleyes:

DownFallAngel
September 13th, 2004, 03:17 PM
Yea, I saw it on Yahoo! Movies. It beat Cellular by 3x as many ticket purchases.

Elwe Singollo
September 13th, 2004, 04:49 PM
Especially for a R-rated movie, i think it did good, i'm not 18 yet, but my parents didn't mind watching it with me, haha...

DownFallAngel
September 14th, 2004, 12:21 PM
**** I'm only 16, going on 17, and I walked up, and was like: '3 tickets for RE2 please.' handed the guy the cash, and walked in! lol.

Elwe Singollo
September 14th, 2004, 01:39 PM
Sadly, i don't look old, haha...