PDA

View Full Version : Atlantis Season 4 section up on GateWorld's front page!

ussrelativity
February 1st, 2007, 06:32 PM
I just saw that a Season 4 section has been added to GateWorld's main site!

Episode names are on there now for the new season. This may give us some ideas for what might be to come.

SaberBlade
February 1st, 2007, 06:59 PM
Maybe it's just me, but I can already picture what Adrift is about.

It's nice to start getting some solid season 4 info, and I look forward to seeing what gets added next.

fammann
February 2nd, 2007, 01:14 AM
I am so looking forward to season 4. I can't wait till it's comming.

I think SGA will proof that it can stand on its own.

And the titles. My imagination is already runnig wild.
What will it be about.

Commander Ivanova
February 2nd, 2007, 01:53 AM
Thanks for point that out because I usually bypass the main site and head straight for the forum!
Now, where and when does S4 air first?

Lightbane
February 2nd, 2007, 03:34 AM
No air date set as yet, but its possible June/July and i heard that Sci-Fi is going to show the other half of Season 3 and the first half of Season 4 then will be showing the first half of Season 4 of BSG and then the second half of season 4 of SGA, i don't know why Sci-Fi are insisting upon keeping these shows apart its just plain stupid

silence
February 2nd, 2007, 03:47 AM
No air date set as yet, but its possible June/July and i heard that Sci-Fi is going to show the other half of Season 3 and the first half of Season 4 then will be showing the first half of Season 4 of BSG and then the second half of season 4 of SGA, i don't know why Sci-Fi are insisting upon keeping these shows apart its just plain stupid

surprised? .. ;)

andr3w_iii
February 2nd, 2007, 04:42 AM
Wow season 3 is all but over and well season 4 looks promising something to look forward too:sheppard:

Fifer
February 2nd, 2007, 04:50 AM
***Beware of Spoilers***

The one that Joseph Mallozzi has been writing, "Reunion", has piqued my interest somewhat. A reunion with whom exactly? Now could this be a reunion with Earth given that Atlantis is meant to be cut off in "First Strike", something that appears to be confirmed in the Season 4 opener "Adrift"?

Could it be a reunion with Michael after his monster making exploits in "Vengeance" or is it an episode that will herald a brief return of Carson in some way, shape or form? It may even be the return of Elizabeth if she does indeed disappear somewhere.

Intriguing much.

silence
February 2nd, 2007, 05:03 AM
Prolly with Earth ...

tears of blood
February 2nd, 2007, 05:08 AM
***Beware of Spoilers***

The one that Joseph Mallozzi has been writing, "Reunion", has piqued my interest somewhat. A reunion with whom exactly? Now could this be a reunion with Earth given that Atlantis is meant to be cut off in "First Strike", something that appears to be confirmed in the Season 4 opener "Adrift"?
Intriguing much.

You know deep down that a title like that would be fitting for Ford, plus it has lots of action too, i would be somewhat disapointed if it isnt a ford episode, but im half expecting this to be a Ronon episode
(plus its character driven too... so... action/emotion.. fit Ronon/Ford well)

Fifer
February 2nd, 2007, 05:12 AM
Good points. Thats two scenarios i hadn't considered. It could well indeed by a Ford episode but my gut feeling tells me probably not. I think its more likely that this could be a Ronon episode where he encounters someone from his past perhaps.

I do remember Mallozzi saying in his blog that all the cast would have a signature episode in the first half of the season so this may be a Teyla episode where she encounters an Athosian from her past etc etc.

I really hope its not a reunion with Earth. Being cut off for only 2 episodes would leave me feeling "Whats the point?".

sgeureka
February 2nd, 2007, 05:45 AM
Why not a reunion with Carter? We know that character will have several appearances in S4, and this kind of reunion will bring some kind of ease to the Atlantis expedition, while at the same time not making it some kind of cop-out.

This would also go with Joe Mallozzi's mention of action vs. character driven (i.e. that character or McKay for instance) in this episode.

Seems the most reasonable to me at the moment...

SGFerrit
February 2nd, 2007, 06:11 AM
I can't wait for First Strike and Adrift!

prion
February 2nd, 2007, 06:39 AM
You know deep down that a title like that would be fitting for Ford, plus it has lots of action too, i would be somewhat disapointed if it isnt a ford episode, but im half expecting this to be a Ronon episode
(plus its character driven too... so... action/emotion.. fit Ronon/Ford well)

I'd be highly surprised if Ford came back, since he was sorta blown up (but we never really knew) and he was just out of sight, out of mind). However, I'm not speculatling much on these episodes cuz by the time they come out, some fans will have such high expectations that they'll crash when they see the final product.

ata_beckett
February 2nd, 2007, 06:46 AM
I'd be highly surprised if Ford came back, since he was sorta blown up (but we never really knew) and he was just out of sight, out of mind). However, I'm not speculatling much on these episodes cuz by the time they come out, some fans will have such high expectations that they'll crash when they see the final product.

Yeah, well...Michael was "sorta blown up" too, and look what's happened there!

Iguana775
February 2nd, 2007, 06:48 AM
My guess is that it's a reunion with Earth. :)

freetoken
February 2nd, 2007, 07:17 AM
Why not a reunion with Carter? We know that character will have several appearances in S4, and this kind of reunion will bring some kind of easy to the Atlantis expedition, while at the same time not making it some kind of cop-out.

This would also go with Joe Mallozzi's mention of action vs. character driven (i.e. that character or McKay for instance) in this episode.

Seems reasonable to me:

Carter and McKay reunited (remember they have even been married in one other alt univ we've seen), so to speak, and more specifically an Earth rep with the drifting Atlantis expedition. Plus, it fits in with her having a ship - probably one specially modified for deep space searches.

The_Fifth
February 2nd, 2007, 09:25 AM
doppelganger haahahhahahaa !! rofl

ussrelativity
February 2nd, 2007, 09:27 AM
I was wondering if people would respond at all to whenever I start a thread myself. This should be huge news!

wraithlord
February 2nd, 2007, 09:44 AM
after reading about the episode names i am very excited about season 4 i wonder what will doppelganger will be about and the seer?
cant wait to find out

Wormhole
February 2nd, 2007, 09:46 AM
I wonder if Reunion is the return of Weir. We don’t know yet what happens at the end of First Strike but I’d hazard a guess that she’s taken by the Asurans, which will cover a 14ep. Story arc. The Past stories 'Progeny & The Real World' ep. might come into play along the way.

One Scenario
Reunion, Doubleganger, The Seer
Weir returns only for them to find out she’s a replica in Doubleganger, They track down a Seer (fortune-teller) to help in there seach.

Adrift and Lifeline Atlantis base stories

Mitchell82
February 2nd, 2007, 09:57 AM
I'm really looking forward to season 4 and after seeing this I am looking forward even more. It's sad though that scifi has to approve the episodes.:mckay: Still they all look good.

knowles2
February 2nd, 2007, 10:18 AM
Well seer sound like a interesting episode, hoping it involve the wraith, perhaps a wraith seer comes to Atlantis telling of the end of the wraith, perhaps asking for the Atlantis expedition, it would make a interesting twist to the wraith story, especially if the team was force to help the wraith survive, for their own survival sake, perhaps Micheal started to expand his bug collection, and is attacking his own kind.

The adrift episode sound like it could be a cool opening the series. Hopefully we see something other than a end to a battle for once, but really sounds good them cutting the expedition off from earth, but with sam impending arrival, we all know it cannot last for long. Unless sam also gets cut from earth some how, in her rescue attempt.

Reunion sounds like a interesting ep, one ronon, someone from his past, perhaps explaining were he got his weapon in the first place or more back story of him as a runner. But it could be a teyla episode.

Or perhaps we meet that wraith cannot remember who return shepherd life to him.

ata_beckett
February 2nd, 2007, 10:37 AM
Anybody else remember the line from the poem on Joe's blog???

Receive a grand gift from an all-seeing shaman.

"Seer" anyone???

sgeureka
February 2nd, 2007, 12:35 PM
Anybody else remember the line from the poem on Joe's blog???

"Seer" anyone???
I originally wanted to diqualify this assumption, but I found you could be right.

The rhyme touches on every episode in the back half of Atlantis season 3 (no front half references), as well as a good chunk of the stories we're working on for season 4. (source (http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/01/jaunary-1-2006.html))

jerkface
February 2nd, 2007, 02:20 PM
Ah, I hadn't seen that poem dingus before...it's kind of awful :p

"Adrift" does sound like it could fit nearly any storyline in which Atlantis is cut off from Earth, but my wild guess is still that

All or part (the control tower only?) of the city is set "adrift" in space. Maybe Weir has to make the decision to launch the city (without her on it) in order to save it?

But they'll have to have a damn good Season 3 finale for me to watch it all, and if "parenthood" is really part of their Season 4 plans, my hopes aren't high. :mckay:

Platschu
February 2nd, 2007, 03:17 PM
My guesses:

Adrift: The city will stay on the surface of the ocean, because they won't replace every CGI shots. Maybe the city won't able to stay in one place, so the sea quotation will bring them to the continent or to the ice pole. It will be a bit similar to "Titanic", if some icemountains will be near of the city. Maybe the whales will help to leave this cold area. :D

Reunion: The SG-1 will arrive to Pegasus. Amanda Tapping can't be in the first two episode (4x01-4x02), because she will be in the first SG-1 movie. I think she will be the captain of Odussey (just as in The Shroud), but I don't know why we need the Apollo, Odussey and Daedalus there. I would like to see a new Asgard or a captured minor Ori ship. :) The SG-1 will travel back, but Carter will stay.
My earlier thought was that Amanda Tapping will appear in 14 Atlantis episode, but will she play only Carter? I think that the Asurans will re-create RepliCarter from her mind. I would like to see her as an enemy in some episode. ;)

Fifer
February 2nd, 2007, 04:25 PM
Remember that its the middle of April before they start filming the Stargate movies. That being the case Amanda Tapping would probably be available for the first 2 or 3 episodes of Season 4 as Atlantis usually starts filming in March does it not?

If they are filming 240 minutes worth of entertainment (2 two hour movies) that roughly equates to 6 episodes of SG-1. So if we look at it like that then that means 6 episodes of Atlantis will be filmed whilst the SG-1 movies are being shot. That would leave us with 14 episodes exactly meaning she would have to be in every episode shot when the SG-1 movies aren't being taped.

So basically she is going to have to be in the beginning of Season 4 then disappear for a bit before reappearing for the whole second half of the season. That would suggest to me she is a resident in Atlantis as opposed to commanding he own ship.

If i'm talking nonsense then shoot me down. I'm brainstorming here.

Wormhole
February 3rd, 2007, 01:53 AM
Just had a thought about Doubleganger

Could it be Koyla? If you ask me I think he went down a bit to easy in Irresponsible... maybe a twin or clone?;)

sgeureka
February 3rd, 2007, 01:57 AM
So basically she is going to have to be in the beginning of Season 4 then disappear for a bit before reappearing for the whole second half of the season. That would suggest to me she is a resident in Atlantis as opposed to commanding he own ship.

If i'm talking nonsense then shoot me down. I'm brainstorming here.In the past few years, it happened quite often(!) that the second or third episode of the season got shot first. We can't really speculate who will appear in what episode based on when an episode is supposed to air.

You're right though about a correlation between how many episodes AT will appear in, and shooting the movies.

silence
February 3rd, 2007, 03:04 AM
My earlier thought was that Amanda Tapping will appear in 14 Atlantis episode, but will she play only Carter? I think that the Asurans will re-create RepliCarter from her mind. I would like to see her as an enemy in some episode. ;)

sorry, but for me that would be jumping the shark .... if they can't think of anything else, but to remake RepliCarter? god no ...
we have rehashed replicators and we really don't need more of that ... please don't tell me you imagine S4 ending with team finding Ancient machine that helped them seed life in Pegasus ... with Wraith attacking the planet and Asurans coming, so Atlantis and Wraith make pact against Asurans and wipe them out by dialing all gates in Pegasus ...

WOW... this sounds like great ep ... let's hope they do this ... let's be original.