X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two Sam's in one universe

redirect me to an existing thread if this has already been answered but

back in season 6 i think it was sam went through the ancient miror i think it was to another dimension after staying there for a while she and her counterpart started experiencing pain caused by temporal displacement or something related. how come in atlantis :mckay and mrs miller when the cool rodney comes through the bridge between universes he doesn't experience the effects sam did???

thanks.

try season 3 but your right.

That's actually quite a plot hole. the same thing should have happend to th mckays.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Doesn't the quantum flux thing only happen if the deminson are seperated by a big margin as pointed in series 9 of Sg-1, when all the Sg-1 came through.

Comment

Just another instance of sweeping something silly under the rug, a la the Zat disintegration ability.
        Jayne - Ain't logical. Cuttin' on his own face, rapin' and murdering - Hell, I'll kill a man in a fair fight... or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight, or if he bothers me, or if there's a woman, or if I'm gettin' paid - mostly only when I'm gettin' paid. But these Reavers... last ten years they show up like the bogeyman from stories. Eating people alive? Where's that get fun?
        Kaylee - Shepherd Book said they was men who just reached the edge of space, saw a vasty nothingness, and went bibbledy over it.
        Jayne - Oh, hell, i've been to the edge. Just looked like... more space.
        - Serenity

Comment

Originally posted by Garth Claw View Post
          Doesn't the quantum flux thing only happen if the deminson are seperated by a big margin as pointed in series 9 of Sg-1, when all the Sg-1 came through.
          really? so they actually addressed this issue and explained why the sg1's and mckay weren't affected?? i never noticed that.

And what about the zat's disentegration ability??

Comment

no they never addressed it that's just the theory.
            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

The whole idea of cascade failure has went away as of late because some sort of bridge was created connecting the dimensions.

In S3's 'Point of View', the Mirror was used to come to this universe and then the device was turned off, so any connection to the other side was lost, but in S10's 'Ripple Effect', multiple dimensions were connected to ours which meant no cascade failure.

The same thing was done in 'McKay and Mrs Miller'. The bridge that was in their own energy project was still connected to Rod's dimension and that's why he didn't go through cascade failure.

Because all dimensions had this bridge, exception in 'Point of View', it's this commonality which stops the cascade failure. No matter how far part each dimension could have been, their original dimension was connected to ours which stopped cascade failure

sigpic

Comment

In Ripple Effect they stated the entrostopic cascade failure would only happen if the universes are almost exactly the same.

Comment

no, I think it was if they're REALLY close to each other. I think the multiverse theory says you can't have two identical universes
                  Erratum5.net: Geeks come hither...
                  Check out my Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                    The whole idea of cascade failure has went away as of late because some sort of bridge was created connecting the dimensions.

In S3's 'Point of View', the Mirror was used to come to this universe and then the device was turned off, so any connection to the other side was lost, but in S10's 'Ripple Effect', multiple dimensions were connected to ours which meant no cascade failure.

The same thing was done in 'McKay and Mrs Miller'. The bridge that was in their own energy project was still connected to Rod's dimension and that's why he didn't go through cascade failure.

Because all dimensions had this bridge, exception in 'Point of View', it's this commonality which stops the cascade failure. No matter how far part each dimension could have been, their original dimension was connected to ours which stopped cascade failure
                    that's a damn good theorey except for one problem: in "mckay and mrs miller" the bridge was severed after the anti rodney appeared, that was the whole point of him comming to their universe, cause the exotic particles were apearing as long as the bridge was open.

Comment

Originally posted by Garth Claw View Post

aha. I just watched ripple effect.
                      dr lee says that "...and i'm thinking that the proximity of these realities in relation to each other would account for the absence of the entropic cascade failure........."
                      so yeah they did address it but it was kinda dodgy, not all the realities were similar, dr fraiser fas still alive in one and the other had the ori establish a second beach head.
                      but oh well i spose it's satisfactory.

Comment

Originally posted by wedge11 View Post
                        that's a damn good theorey except for one problem: in "mckay and mrs miller" the bridge was severed after the anti rodney appeared, that was the whole point of him comming to their universe, cause the exotic particles were apearing as long as the bridge was open.
                        Are you sure?

CONTAINMENT CHAMBER. The power generator is active.
                        McKAY: What do you mean you started it up again?
                        ZELENKA: Shutting the experiment down only made things worse for us, not better. The matter bridge is still active, but we are not drawing any power, creating pressure like a dam. If we didn’t turn it on again, it could have resulted in a catastrophic overload.
                        ROD: Oh. We should have thought of that.
                        http://www.moon-catchin.net/gatenois...dmrsmiller.htm

Comment

wasnt that just a side effect of the the travel through the mirror?
                          Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                            ahh right you are, i would have watched it to make sure but i didn't have that episode. my bad

Comment

2 Sam's in 1 universe, hmmmmmmm (starts getting ideas)
                              The drums, the drums, the never ending drumbeat! Open me you human fool! Open the light and summon me and receive my majesty!

Comment

Working...
                              X