This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who would win in an omnipotent fight?

There are so many beings the anicents(stargate), Q(star trek) , Ori(stargate), Galactus(marvel), Celestials(marvel), Metrons(star trek), The living Tribunal(marvel), Phoenix Force(marvel), the Organian(star trek), the Prophets(star trek), the watchers(marvel), The sentry(marvel) , The Beyonders(marvel) The Wizard Shazam (DC), Superman(DC) The presence (DC) who do you think would win I mean if they fought who would win?

I mean I don't even know, I think maybe Q or Galactus I mean he eats planets

If someone already posted this then I'm sorry
    Vote Anubis for President in 2012
    A Face you Can Trust
    sigpic
    So whats the worst that could happen?
    Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
    It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

I think I put this in the wrong place so I'm sorry but If you want to keep the post going be my guest
    Vote Anubis for President in 2012
    A Face you Can Trust
    sigpic
    So whats the worst that could happen?
    Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
    It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Q would win

Comment

Originally posted by anubis502 View Post
        Q would win
        Q ain't as powerfull as people think. He says it himself in Voyager.

I like to see a Prior Vs Superman.

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

Well the Presence in DC is another name for God, so I'm gonna have to go with Him.
          All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Ok, well I would have to give Q the edge against the Ascended Ancients/Ori, simply because he also transends time; if he wanted to, he really could just make them not exist. Then you've got the prophets, who also transcend time, but who seem to not be able to affect very much outside of their own little corner of the universe; I think the ascended beings have got them licked, but they're still no match for Q. However, anyone who has gained all 6 of the Infinity Jems (and who's not as dumb as Thanos) could easily erase an ascended being or the Prophets or even Q from existence, seeing as how they would essentially become the universe.

Alot of the people on your list are really in a seperate category, because they are still corporeal beings. Galactus, for example, may be a necessary force of the universe, but he's still just a corporeal being who's been defeated by other corporeal beings. I'd say your top contenders in this category are Galactus, Sentry, Phoenix, Shazam, Superman, Silver Surfer and maybe even Thor. Seeing the other names on this list, Phoenix and Shazam are gone... Sentry is easily more powerful than Superman... he's more awesome than a dozen Supermans. Surfer could take down Thor. I think I can see Surfer edging out the Sentry too. So it's down to Surfer and Galactus, and seeing as how Galactus CREATED the Surfer, well I think Galactus has the edge on that one.

Hmm... I just realised this last paragraph is only about comics characters... I don't know what the significance of that is, though I suppose it gives you an idea of my bias...

Wow. I'm a nerd. Carry on.
            Last edited by TheBigFlush; 31 January 2007, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigFlush View Post
              Wow. I'm a nerd. Carry on.
              Have you considered the possibility that you might be a geek? Geeks generally have social lives (involving real life, not the internet), while nerds usually don't...

I proudly declare my geekiness! (computer geekiness, to be exact)
              Mammals suck!

"Real men don't need inertia dampers."

Check out my GURPS campaign setting wiki, Islands of War!

Stop sending me friendship requests. I will deny them all, regardless of who they come from.

Comment

A Perry Rhodan universe Kosmokrat would win.

Comment

Why did you replicate this thread? It's already in the General Sci-Fi section...
                  http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
                  http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

i think i'd win because I pwn at Call of Duty UO 0_o
                    Erratum5.net: Geeks come hither...
                    Check out my Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by ascendedancient42 View Post
                      Have you considered the possibility that you might be a geek? Geeks generally have social lives (involving real life, not the internet), while nerds usually don't...
                      Whoa, whoa... you've got it backwards. Geeks are the ones without social lives, etc... at least, that's how I and everyone I know has always defined them. I suppose this could vary by location...

Mister, where I come from I'm a nerd.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigFlush View Post
                        Whoa, whoa... you've got it backwards. Geeks are the ones without social lives, etc... at least, that's how I and everyone I know has always defined them. I suppose this could vary by location...

Mister, where I come from I'm a nerd.
                        Huh. That's interesting, I've always seen it the other way and others here view it that way too. I guess same thing, different title. The world just got a little stranger today. But that's okay. It was already a really strange place.

I think the varies by location theory is probably correct.

Oh yeah and I also bite the heads off of chickens at the circus (I always have to joke about that one when referring to myself as a Geek). If you don't get it, look up geek in a dictionary with older definitions in it.
                        Mammals suck!

"Real men don't need inertia dampers."

Check out my GURPS campaign setting wiki, Islands of War!

Stop sending me friendship requests. I will deny them all, regardless of who they come from.

Comment

Originally posted by ascendedancient42 View Post
                          Oh yeah and I also bite the heads off of chickens at the circus (I always have to joke about that one when referring to myself as a Geek). If you don't get it, look up geek in a dictionary with older definitions in it.
                          Oh I got it right away... Infact that's always the first thing I think of whenever I hear the word geek... ever since that Xfiles episode where Mulder points out the original meaning of the word.

Comment

Just to clarify, the Celestials from Marvel aren't omnipotent. Although they are the most powerful known alien race in the MU, they're still short of being actual cosmic beings like say Galactus, who was shown to have ignored them in Earth X while they had him surrounded and were (ineffectively) pounding him. He then proceeded to assemble a large energy weapon which annihilated several of them. Oh yeah, and The Watchers aren't even on the same level as the Celestials, same thing with Sentry. Also, the Phoenix Force is likely not as powerful as a fully-fed Galactus, who has been established to be one of the essential forces in the MU and is even regarded by both Death and Eternity as a 'brother' of sorts.

The Living Tribunal is pretty much going to trounce all the abovementioned entities though, since he's a multiversal being capable of eliminating entire universes if he feels that it's essential to the cosmic balance, and even the powers of the Infinity Gauntlet were useless against him. The only known entity to surpass the LT is The One Above All, who is basically God in MU (and LT's boss), although it's been implied that He's also Jack Kirby (who did technically create a significant part of the MU).

Even though the Q are pretty much the top-tier entities in Star Trek seen to date, it's still somewhat too early to judge whether or not they're truly more powerful than the ascended Ancients and the Ori IMO. Sure, the Q have displayed more impressive powers to date, but if you think about it, the Ascended and the Ori haven't really had a chance to show off what they're truly capable of since they have to stick to a strict set of rules. Although Chaya did mention that she was able to annihilate an entire invading Wraith fleet with just a thought, and we have seen the mortal followers of the Ori (aka Priors) being able to cause natural disasters and perform mass-scale healings and resurrections with seemingly little effort (personally, I haven't seen the Q resurrecting anyone to date). Oh yeah, and if anything, the abovementioned entities should try and take on a 5th dimension imp from DC like say Mr. Mxyzptlk, who is not bound by 3rd dimension laws and was most probably the template used for the Q.

Shazam's pretty powerful in the DC universe as far as magical beings are concerned, although he's by no means a top-tier cosmic like say Lucifer Morningstar or even The Endless. Also, Shazam got pretty much KOed by The Spectre (aka the personification of God's wrath), who is more or less the Living Tribunal's equivalent in DC. And if we bring in The Presence (aka Yahweh, Lucifer's dad and The Spectre's boss), then everyone else listed in the first post is going to lose since He's the freakin' Presence who created the entire DC multiverse!

Comment

Gee, from the names you drop, I just have to ask, read comics much?
                              Wraith, the OTHER white meat.
                              Loyalty above all else, except Honor.

Comment

Working...
                              X