Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Master in the Third Season (possible spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Master in the Third Season (possible spoilers)

I was just on www.gallifreyone.com/ and it was noted as a rumor that someone is up to play the Master in the third season. If this is true what are you thought of the character's return.

I for one am ready the Doctor needs his old nemisis.
    Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

I'm glad to hear that an older character is returning.

On a side note, isn't the thread title a spoiler?
    "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

I feel the title is a spoiler, it's certainly something i didn't want to know.

Comment

It's only a rumor right now that's why I used that as the title
        Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

The Master? But aren't all the timelords dead? Even my daughter's namesake, Romana?
          Things we'd like to see in our favorite scifi...
          Spoiler:
          "Ori, meet Wraiths. Wraiths, meet Ori. I'm sure you'll get along famously." ~ any member of SG1.
          "Priors, meet Cylons. Cylons, Meet Priors. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful theologic discussion." ibid
          "This is the BattleStar Galactica - please identify yourself."
          "This is the Earth Vessel Daedelus. Are you lost?"
          "The WHAT Vessel?" Galactica Actual.

Comment

Actually the master was destroyed in the film so they'd best come u with a damned good reason why he's back since the eye of harmony hasn't been mentioned in either of the new seasons.
            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

oi the master.... coolie!!! I haven't seen much of the old Who but my Aunt who has been a whoviain from the start has told me about the master...that'd be awesome...

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                Actually the master was destroyed in the film so they'd best come u with a damned good reason why he's back since the eye of harmony hasn't been mentioned in either of the new seasons.
                Well, they've already done an arc with parallel dimensions. So they could always have a Master from another world use the Dalek's hole to slip into "our" universe.

I could easily see something like: In Pete's world, the Master doesn't use up his lives quite so quickly, thus avoiding the events of the 1996 movie (we know nothing of the Doctor in Pete's world so this very plausible). In Pete's world, the Time War is being fought much like in our world. The Master, being who he is, runs from the fighting and uses the Dalek's own hole in the universe to escape destruction.

Jump ahead to the events of "Doomsday" and the Master's TARDIS slips through the hole unnoticed and escapes before the Doctor executes his plan.

So our universe is again filled with Daleks and the Master. Now if only we can figure out a way for the new Cybermen to have survived. . . . . And of course, the never ending supply of AOTW.
                Last edited by Bragi; 04 February 2007, 07:57 PM.

Comment

I read somewhere that David Hewlett expressed interest???
                  I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                  Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Meredith as the Master?

I dunno.

Now Cliff Simon, I could definitely see that.

Comment

On the 'but isn't he sucked into the eye of harmony?' angle.

There's two things there. Firstly, there's some implication that the Master and Doctor are meeting out of order in the TVM. The last time we see the Delgado version of the Master he's working as a Dalek agent and has screwed up. In the TVM and unseen version of the Master is executed by the Daleks and forced to take over Eric Roberts' body. That body is rotting away and the Master begins to look for a replacement. Instead he gets sucked into the Eye of Harmony. But the Eye in the TARDIS is actually a link to the Eye on Gallifrey and the Master survives the journey - popping out on his homeworld. But Roberts' body is still rotting and, as the Master schemes to use the Eye's energies to restore him, he resembles a rotting corpse held together by force of will.

Secondly, the Master very often comes back from endings where he should be dead. In Claws of Axos he ends up trapped on a spaceship looping through the same few seconds over and over but in his next appearance he's escaped without explanation. In Castrovalva he's trapped in an artificial reality as it collapses in on him but, the next time we see him, he's escaped with no explanation. In Planet of Fire, he's apparantly burned to death on screen but - next time, he's perfectly all right! The last time we see him in Mark of the Rani he's about to be eaten by a T-Rex and at the end of Survival he's mutating into a cat on a planet that's exploding.

I think we can just assume 'he survived the TVM... somehow'. It's practically a tradition.

Comment

yea it would be great to see the master in the new series but i dont see it happening on another note why dont the time lords just go a billion yrs into the future using the TARDIS this would save a lot of time lords wound't it

Comment

Spoilers for Torchwood finale:

Spoiler:
                          There were musings that the weird old man responsible for events in the finale might be the Master. I think that's probably a good a guess as anything and it might help explain why The Doctor dropped by to pick up Jack. At least in a segue sorta way.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                            Spoilers for Torchwood finale:

Spoiler:
                            There were musings that the weird old man responsible for events in the finale might be the Master. I think that's probably a good a guess as anything and it might help explain why The Doctor dropped by to pick up Jack. At least in a segue sorta way.
                            That's an interesting idea, one I hadn't thought of. Will ponder it some more...
                            sigpic
                            "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

It could be completely off base, but I think it's an interesting possibility. However, there are rumors circulating that John Simm from Life on Mars is up for the role. I find it unlikely, myself, though it'd be very cool. I think the point is that there's a LOT of speculation right now and for all we know it could ALL be false and there are no plans for the Master to put in appearance. At least not yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X