This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 'I don't like Roslin' thread

She talks super slow and I just wouldn't mind seeing a new president. Why was she just smiling at Caprica? She's a friggin Cylon, not some random lady you struck up a convo with - sheesh. That annoyed me. I dunno, am I alone on this? She had my attention when she was down for the prophesies and earth search, but now, she's just annoying.

If I am alone, then I will retreat back to my cave. I'm just sick of seeing these Roslin appreciation threads...and don't get me started on the Adama/Roslin crap or I might get a reminder of what I ate for dinner.

"I got my eye on you sucka."

Originally posted by STLbullet View Post
    She talks super slow and I just wouldn't mind seeing a new president. Why was she just smiling at Caprica? She's a friggin Cylon, not some random lady you struck up a convo with - sheesh. That annoyed me. I dunno, am I alone on this? She had my attention when she was down for the prophesies and earth search, but now, she's just annoying.

If I am alone, then I will retreat back to my cave. I'm just sick of seeing these Roslin appreciation threads...and don't get me started on the Adama/Roslin crap or I might get a reminder of what I ate for dinner.
    Well, you're certainly entitled to your opinion, as is everyone else in this forum. Now, do you need a map to get back to your cave, or can you find your own way?

Spoiler:
    "I laid out the cabin today. It's gonna have an easterly view. Should see the light that we get here when the sun comes from behind those mountains! It's almost heavenly. It reminds me of you."
    ---Bill Adama

Comment

keep in mind that it's 5 bucks for the map. ;-)
      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

The conversation between Sharon (Athena) and Adama from the late second season comes to mind. He asks her why. She then refers to the speech that Adama gave in the miniseries. Why does the human race deserve to survive? Maybe they don't. Which brings me to my main point...

Baltar is a goat. They basically torture him for what the Cylons did on New Caprica because they can't come to terms with it themselves and need someone to blame. I'm not championing Baltar or anything he has done by any means, but what went on the the last episode was cruel and inhumane. I found myself hating Roslin, Tigh, and Adama for what they were doing out of fear and misplaced hatred. As far as Roslin goes I generally lie the character, but I would love to see her knocked off her high moral ground when she finds out that she in't the dying leader of prophecy who leads the way to Earth and that maybe Baltar is... that would be humorous to say the least. None of the characters have been very likeable lately (let's not even get started on the whole Lee/Dee/Kara/Anders fiasco) and I think there's a reason for it. It just has to play out.

Comment

one of the great things about the series though is that sometimes the characters aren't likeable and they make mistakes.
          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Roslin has her moments, but im generally not a fan.
            Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

I dunno, am I alone on this?
              Quite possibly, yes.
              "May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places where you must walk." - Susan Ivanova

"The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest. " - Citizen G'Kar

"I will see you again, in the place where no shadows fall." - Delenn

Comment

Don't retreat to your cave, you're not alone

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                  one of the great things about the series though is that sometimes the characters aren't likeable and they make mistakes.
                  Exactly. How refreshing to watch a series where the characters (including Roslin) are so very human....and sometimes so annoyingly human. There are no characters in this series I don't like because each of them is necessary to the big picture. That being said, I certainly don't agree with some of the decisions they've made or the things that they've done, but that also is a necessary part of the ongoing story.

Spoiler:
                  "I laid out the cabin today. It's gonna have an easterly view. Should see the light that we get here when the sun comes from behind those mountains! It's almost heavenly. It reminds me of you."
                  ---Bill Adama

Comment

I dont like her she just seems helpless at times
                    sigpic

Comment

I don't like Roslin. I used to, but I feel that she has made some dubious choices and that she is, in general, a fairly dangerous character. I don't hate her to the point where I want her off the show because I think that morally questionable characters are necessary and I can appreciate her for that, but it worries me that everyone is following her lead.

Comment

Why was she just smiling at Caprica?
                        She smiles because she's a politician. Duh.

Comment

I'd just like to pop in and say on behalf of the Roslin appreciators and the A/R shippers, thanks for not crashing our threads with this.

You're certainly entitled to your own opinion and I think it's stand-up of you to make a thread of your own instead of crashing other people's parties.

So, thank you, and keep on discussing!

Comment

I look at her as the illegitimate leader that has never been voted in to office, a liar, a cheat and a thief. She is only a step away from being totally off her rocker. When she is in a seen now I can count on her as the voice of total emotional decisions and not the voice of reason she once was.
                            Last edited by Doze; 30 January 2007, 08:09 AM.
                            Doze Out...

I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

Comment

Does anyone NOT like Roslin?
                              Nope. We all LOVE Roslin. *blinks* Was there something?
                              Age is an issue of mind over matter...if you don't mind it doesn't matter

...Bonkers. But Brilliant...

Comment

Working...
                              X