PDA

View Full Version : Will you watch season 4?

Pages : [1] 2

leelakin
January 28th, 2007, 04:12 PM
How do you feel about the upcoming season 4 after hearing about all the changes (those that are definite and those that might happen)? Will you continue watching SGA?

Edit: THANKS, MODS! =D

Atlantis1
January 28th, 2007, 04:15 PM
Absolutely!

BC - 303
January 28th, 2007, 04:21 PM
Yes yes yes, im sorry is this a serious question, i pitty anyone who says no, Gates with little faith.

Falcon Horus
January 28th, 2007, 04:24 PM
I will watch, but if I don't like what I see I'll have TPTB know about it right here on this board.

silence
January 28th, 2007, 04:24 PM
i'll give it a try ... but i shrilly (ooops... surely) won't be as excited as i was before. spoilers for "First Strike" make me worry about whole thing too much ...

hutchi4
January 28th, 2007, 04:27 PM
I don't like all the changes that are happening but yeah I'll still watch it.

PhatChance
January 28th, 2007, 04:29 PM
Will watch but if it sloppy I will bail out, kinda like I stopped watching X-Files around season 6. Just only recently I watched the final seasons of X-Files on Sci Fi re-runs.

leelakin
January 28th, 2007, 04:30 PM
Will watch but if it sloppy I will bail out, kinda like I stopped watching X-Files around season 6. Just only recently I watched the final seasons of X-Files on Sci Fi re-runs.

I stopped after season 7 on The X-Files. Cast changes... XD

i found forever
January 28th, 2007, 04:36 PM

aw I didn't stop because.. well it was x files! plus mulder wasn't killed off. I'll keep watching sga just to see where it goes, but I'll only download the episodes if it get good reviews.

PhatChance
January 28th, 2007, 04:40 PM

The moved away from Vancouver really affect it for me. The atmosphere was never the same. Plus the writing wasn't as good. They just do a lot of "cute" episodes and that was the final draw.

ACharmedAsgard
January 28th, 2007, 04:45 PM
I'm Definatly going to watch it.

leelakin
January 28th, 2007, 04:48 PM
Whoot, we have a poll now! =)

Skydiver
January 28th, 2007, 04:49 PM
Y'all do not have to agree with other folks' opinions, but you do need to respect them.

Dismissing their opinions as rubbish isn't respect

L.A. Doyle
January 28th, 2007, 04:52 PM
Yes, I will absolutely watch Season 4. :)

Mice
January 28th, 2007, 05:02 PM
I have zero interest in watching after all the cast changes.

Blower'sGate
January 28th, 2007, 05:05 PM
Lol lee !

Yup, I think I'll watch ^^ Even if I don't agree with the cast changes or what's happening to Liz, but I'm waiting for answers and I hope I'll get them. Because I'm sure everything in the end will be fine and if not I can still change the channel in the blink of an eye. But I still have faith in SGA, I think it's an amazing show, or else I wouldn't still be around GW ^^:)

PS : just so you know why I'm not feeling down anymore, I had a particularly pleasant day ^^ :D

Landers
January 28th, 2007, 05:11 PM
Too many cast changes. Not interested anymore.

theonebluegecko
January 28th, 2007, 05:18 PM
I have to say, I really do not understand those of you that are not going to watch season 4. What is so bad about the next season that makes you have no desire to even try the new season. I understand that there have been some cast changes, but is the cast the only reason you watch the show? Do you not have an interest in the plot?

Personally, there have been shows that I have been disappointed in the changes in, but I always gave the new season a go before giving up on it.

FoolishPleasure
January 28th, 2007, 05:20 PM
Personally, there have been shows that I have been disappointed in the changes in, but I always gave the new season a go before giving up on it.

The writing on this show has been horrid this year as all they can do is copy old SG1 scripts. The cast changes are just the nail in the coffin.

After seeing most of SG1's season 10 compared to SGA's season 3, I would have to say Skiffy cancelled the wrong show.

Blower'sGate
January 28th, 2007, 05:21 PM
I have to say, I really do not understand those of you that are not going to watch season 4. What is so bad about the next season that makes you have no desire to even try the new season. I understand that there have been some cast changes, but is the cast the only reason you watch the show? Do you not have an interest in the plot?

I think some of them are going to give it a try before giving up on it.

theonebluegecko
January 28th, 2007, 05:22 PM
The writing on this show has been horrid this year as all they can do is copy old SG1 scripts. The cast changes are just the nail in the coffin.

And that is, I think, where we vary. In my opinion this (season 3) was the best season. The episodes, for the most part, really appealed to me. But I understand that, if I did not like the plots of the episodes and then on top of that they removed my favorite characters, it would annoy me as well.

FoolishPleasure
January 28th, 2007, 05:30 PM
And that is, I think, where we vary. In my opinion this (season 3) was the best season. The episodes, for the most part, really appealed to me. But I understand that, if I did not like the plots of the episodes and then on top of that they removed my favorite characters, it would annoy me as well.

If you also watched SG1, they you would see how close a good 50% of SGA's episodes are. Its just bad writing.

Ignoring that, the episodes are full of plot holes that are so bad that the writers have had to come into the episode threads to explain what they mean't. That gets a "F" in my book. The only truly original and decent episode this year has been "Common Ground" and TPTB won't revisit that wraith or the human/wraith situation because they need stand-alone episodes for syndication. Story arcs that actually explain something don't make money so the fans get shortchanged all the way around. Toss in all the cast changes and it isn't worth my time. There are better shows out there.

Mitchell82
January 28th, 2007, 05:32 PM
Of course. I am not worried about the changes and think it will be a great season. Only one thing will stop me from watching. Scifi canning it.

[SGC_ReplicÅtors]
January 28th, 2007, 05:34 PM
hells ya...nuff said

Rosehawk
January 28th, 2007, 05:35 PM
I will definely watch. I think they have some good story ideas in mind even if I don't like the cast changes that are happening. I want to see how things develop with Sam and since Weir is involved in a major story arch I am interested to see where that goes. Though if they kill off anymore main characters (main includes Zelenka, Lorne and Weir now that her status will be changing) it may affect how I watch in the future. I might just go back to waiting for it in syndication and get rid of my cable. I did fine with syndication for 9 years and would have no problem going back.

Avenger
January 28th, 2007, 05:48 PM
Of course. I am not worried about the changes and think it will be a great season. Only one thing will stop me from watching. Scifi canning it.

Same here.

PG15
January 28th, 2007, 06:07 PM
Hell yes!

Flibble
January 28th, 2007, 06:15 PM
Yes, although I'd much prefer to see Carter as a recurring character and Wier in her rightful place in the main cast.

Night Spring
January 28th, 2007, 06:18 PM
Yup, cast is the only reason I watch the show -- the plot has pretty much sucked. There are individual episodes I've enjoyed, but overall, the show feels like it's meandering aimlessly around without any sense of overall direction.

Forutnately, my favorite characters weren't the ones that got written out or reduced to recurring status, so I'll be watching next season. But for those who lost their favorite character(s), they have my total sympathy and support should they decide not to watch any longer.

ToasterOnFire
January 28th, 2007, 06:22 PM
I'll watch it, I stuck around this long. If the changes don't work for me then I'll probably start treating Atlantis like SG1 - watch it when I can and don't feel too bad if I miss an ep here and there.

Well I think that many of the arc and filler ep plots haven't been all that stellar, so I can see how others wouldn't be that invested in the plot either. And I can see how some people would take an interest in certain characters over plot instead, and if those characters go or are minimized then there isn't much left to watch...

Mitchell82
January 28th, 2007, 06:25 PM
Hell yes!

Seconded.

ohnd
January 28th, 2007, 06:26 PM
I will watch anything with "Stargate" in it.
Besides the dumb cartoon series.

Im excited to see First Strike.

Irish Eyes
January 28th, 2007, 07:30 PM
I'll still be watching in season 4, just not sure how much I'll enjoy it. *hugs Elizabeth* I've had it happen before (lost my fav character) and still managed to like a show. Time will tell.

So, does anybody know how they will be airing season 4? Seems like I heard that the reason for this insane hiatus we're in was because when the time came, they were going to air season 4 all in one go. Did I dream this up?

theonebluegecko
January 28th, 2007, 07:37 PM
I'll still be watching in season 4, just not sure how much I'll enjoy it. *hugs Elizabeth* I've had it happen before (lost my fav character) and still managed to like a show. Time will tell.

So, does anybody know how they will be airing season 4? Seems like I heard that the reason for this insane hiatus we're in was because when the time came, they were going to air season 4 all in one go. Did I dream this up?

I think that there has been a lot of rumors about what will happen with season 4, but I do not think that anything has been confirmed yet. From what I have read the thought is that they have the long break because SciFi is trying to air new programing all year long, and apparerntly thought it was better to not break up Battlestar Galactica and have a huge break in the Stargates.

Really for season 4 all I know is that they are currently working on writing the early episodes.

cshawzye
January 28th, 2007, 07:38 PM
I'll watch. Although I will log my complaints about what's happening. I've really enjoyed season 3 (except for a few minor exceptions and one really big one ... but we won't go there here). Even with those reservations coming from this season, I feel like s4 should be given a chance. Sometimes in telling a good story things have to be said/done that aren't pleasent but necessary for the growth and development of the show and everything that's a part of that be it in plot or character development. Right now, IMO, a lot of the changes that are being made aren't necessary for that development. In fact, in my mind, they signal a regression. At the same time though I feel like that's an unfair judgement because I haven't seen where/what these changes lead too. The place they lead is season 4. So, yeah, I'll watch and see if the things I'm concerned about were creatively neccessary, IMO. Or if they've changed the quality and appeal of the show to something I don't want to watch anymore.

kris
January 28th, 2007, 08:10 PM
26% for the no's as I post. Higher than I thought it would be. I was figuring around 10%, maybe even a bit lower.

I won't tune in because I'd begin to like a new character or have Carter miraculously grow on me after 10 years (but I doubt it) and they'll kill that character off, too...or have the good doctor's fate reversed for a millisecond, make me realize how much I miss him then he'll redisappear. Nope. Had enough of the revolving door.

If TPTB don't care about preserving the continuity in the people/personality dynamics (because each human is unique, every change is important, IMO) then I don't either. They'll just pull another switcheroo when I'm not looking. Guess I can watch Numb3rs instead (although they've had their share of cast changes also).

I think SGA's writing is all right (kind of fluffy, rarely deep), and it makes me laugh, but that plus doesn't outweigh the big bad changes.

twinchaosblade
January 28th, 2007, 08:20 PM
Unless they somehow manage to bring back Carson full-time, they can kiss my remote control and money good-bye!
There is no way I could forgive them!

I watch a show for the intriguing characters but now by season four they already got rid of at least three characters I very much liked (Grodin, Ford, Beckett). Especially in Carson Beckett I invested a lot of care, now they are also at least considerably reducing Weir's part, I no longer feel those in charge are willing to leave many characters long enough to really care for. I certainly don't want to watch a show in which I have to witness a beloved character being axed for whatever reason every other week. If I did, I'd tune into BSG instead.

I honestly don't feel Atlantis will from season four onwards still be the same show I so dearly fell in love with in season one. TPTB shouldn't fix what ain't broke in Atlantis when they want to launch a whole new show!

Mice
January 28th, 2007, 08:22 PM
I watched the show almost entirely for the dynamic with Carson and Rodney, and a little bit for Zelenka and Lorne. Taking one half of that dynamic out of the equation entirely ruins the show for me.

I additionally found Lucius the rapist an entirely offensive character and thought it was pretty repulsive that he was played for laughs. The writing for all of the female characters is weak at best, and yet they're bringing in a new one. I never watched SG1 beyond a few episodes, so the addition of Sam to the cast doesn't exactly excite me. She's had ten years on her own show. That's better than most actors ever get.

This isn't the show I started watching three years ago and I really don't like where they've taken it. I still like Rodney, but the writers have turned him into Rodney Sue this year and the only thing I felt was actually balancing his character at all was Carson's presence.

Tell me again why I should watch it during season four?

Uber
January 28th, 2007, 08:22 PM
Before I knew there were going to be changes, my answer was a muted, "Sure I'll watch."

Now? It's a hearty, "HECK yeah...I'll watch!"

Mitchell82
January 28th, 2007, 09:16 PM
Before I knew there were going to be changes, my answer was a muted, "Sure I'll watch."

Now? It's a hearty, "HECK yeah...I'll watch!"

Mine was a yup. Now it's HELL YES!

Linzi
January 28th, 2007, 10:30 PM
Of course I will watch it - in fact I'm really looking forward to seeing where TPTB go with it. JF said in his recent interview in Starburst that there are some awesome story arcs coming up in season 4, and I always seem to share his idea of what is good and what isn't.
How can I possibly make a judgement on the quality of it, if I don't watch it? The cast changes have happened, there's nothing I can do about it.I've accepted them, and moved on, as I suspect most viewers will in the end. Even if my favourite character left the show, I'd still give it a try, even though I'd be incredibly disappointed. So, bring on season 4!!! :)

leelakin
January 29th, 2007, 04:43 AM
Tell me again why I should watch it during season four?

Maybe TPTB will tell us indirectly through First Strike? :D

SGFerrit
January 29th, 2007, 06:58 AM
Yep, 100% Definately.

SGFerrit
January 29th, 2007, 07:00 AM
Mine was a yup. Now it's HELL YES!

Agree. I've enjoyed Atlantis s3, didn't care THAT much for season 4. Now I'm REALLY excited to find out what happens in s4:)

Klenotka
January 29th, 2007, 07:14 AM
Of course I will. I don´t want to give up something what I love. I mean, I hate the changes they´ve made but I think we need to give them a chance. There is nothing we can do now, what´s done is done and I hate being the "criticizing before watching" kind of fan.
There is big potential. I am little worried what happens with Rodney with Sam around. He is always written like some fool and she is the "always perfect" as we know her from SG1. So let´s hope this will change.

I think wait and see is strategy and it could give SGA a good impulse. Not that it would need it, I think SG1 was boring in first half and SGA was much better and changes were not necessary. Except Lucius episodes, written by hardcore SG1 writers who don´t know SGA.

Which reminds me...I will forgive everything, just KILL LUCIUS.

Poltergeist
January 29th, 2007, 07:27 AM
Of course I'll watch, I love change.;)

stewsith
January 29th, 2007, 07:56 AM
I will watch it no matter what. It was a great show when it began and it still is. :)

Luz
January 29th, 2007, 08:07 AM
Before I knew how they were going to screw up with the show in season four the answer to this would have been a resounding yes, now not so much. Funny, I used to think that nothing would keep me from watching Atlantis, but quiting it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be, kudos to tptb for making it so easy.

bluealien
January 29th, 2007, 08:27 AM
Of course I will watch it - in fact I'm really looking forward to seeing where TPTB go with it. JF said in his recent interview in Starburst that there are some awesome story arcs coming up in season 4, and I always seem to share his idea of what is good and what isn't.
How can I possibly make a judgement on the quality of it, if I don't watch it? The cast changes have happened, there's nothing I can do about it.I've accepted them, and moved on, as I suspect most viewers will in the end. Even if my favourite character left the show, I'd still give it a try, even though I'd be incredibly disappointed. So, bring on season 4!!! :)

What Linzi said.:)

ReganX
January 29th, 2007, 01:16 PM
Absolutely. I have high hopes for it.

konartis
January 29th, 2007, 01:41 PM
hell yeah i will watch. as for cast changes it doesnt affect me.

Lady_of_Stargate
January 29th, 2007, 02:34 PM
I will no doubt watch season 4...I can't wait! I adapt easily to change and it takes A LOT for me to stop watching a show...

the old briar pipe
January 29th, 2007, 03:00 PM
JF said in his recent interview in Starburst that there are some awesome story arcs coming up in season 4, and I always seem to share his idea of what is good and what isn't.

See, the word "arc" intrigues me, as there hasn't been one for season 3, and that's what I've been missing. I think season 1's great strength lay in how the eps overlapped to give a sense of exploration and discovery, a sense of getting to know the Pegasus Galaxy. I haven't felt a coherent push of more than 3-4 eps since then, and nothing in season 3 since Misbegotten. I'm not counting Irresistible, etc. - that was an ouch, not an arc. :P

I suppose that generous people might lump Progeny, RW, and the Returns, but I think that's a loose association by bad guy, not a coherent evolution in character and drama.

So while I'm unhappy with the cast changes because they take away not only the characters I love but also the dynamics that are just starting to settle into a deeper pattern, I will still try out season 4 and am willing to be pleasantly surprised. *crosses fingers*

sailfindragon
January 29th, 2007, 03:07 PM
The cast changes have been sad, but unfortunately change always happens whether we like it or not. SGA is not the only show to have cast changes and it won't be the last either. However it all comes down to whether it benefits the show or not, if the writers can fill the void with amazing storylines and good character development, that is what keeps a show going.
However i would not stop watching a show just cause my favourite character isn't in anymore. If that was the case I would have stopped watching SG1 at the end of season 5 when Daniel Jackson left.
I will definitely be watching S4 then make my judgements based on each individual episode throughout the season..........................and hopefully the NEW showrunners don't **** it up

nowvoyager908
January 29th, 2007, 06:48 PM
Let's see. My second favorite character is being unceremoniously kicked to the curb, oh I'm sorry, I meant she's being switched to recurring status :rolleyes: and my number three was killed by an exploding tumor (oh lord, where is Mystery Science Theather when you need it). SGA has definitely slipped off my must-see tv list. Which is sad, because there is so little on tv that I actually go out of my way to watch. But its the cast that made me tune in every week and kept me hanging on when the storylines were less than exciting. I'll probably give the rest of season 3 a look, but after that . . . if TPTB have so little investment in their creation that they're about to hit the "reset" button, why should I give a damn?

dispader
January 29th, 2007, 08:09 PM
I will watch it no matter what. It was a great show when it began and it still is. :)

Indeed!

Mitchell82
January 29th, 2007, 08:59 PM

I agree. It was and still is a great show.

Twinchy
January 29th, 2007, 09:32 PM
I will give Season 4 a chance, the show has earned itself that much at least.

Yet, I will not deny that I'm more than just a bit shaken by all the upcoming and perhaps upcoming changes. I doubt that it truly will turn out to the better but I won't give up hope that easily - although I get the impression that TPTB are trying hard to put my endurance to the test. :mad:

For now all I can do is cross fingers and what else there is, that TPTB don't ruin "Stargate Atlantis" for me altogether the way "Andromeda" sucked after Season 2.
I was left without having anything to watch on TV then entirely and don't want to get to that point again.
Usually when I liked a show, I liked it start to finish through as many season as there were, Andromeda destroyed this belief in me some time ago and it took me almost three years to find myself interested in a weekly show again.

Now I don't want to lose Stargate Atlantis as well!!!

Masta_G
January 29th, 2007, 09:42 PM
despite the fact that Space won't be airing it for TWO YEARS!!! i'll just watch on YT:cameron:

Astraldust
January 30th, 2007, 01:33 AM
Of course I'll be watching it. Atlantis is a great show even with all the changes that seem to be taking place. I'm surprised at the number of people that voted no. How can you condemn the season before it's even been filmed? Just by listening to rumors and confirmed facts like AT coming over? Obviously not real fans of the show to begin with.

Yes, I don't like the fact that we've lost the much loved Beckett or the rumors that Weir will somehow disappear but it's not enough to stop me watching the show and giving it a chance.

If you don't watch Atlantis, it will go the same way SG-1 and after only 4 seasons not 10. Then we'll have no STARGATE left as they may cancel plans for the three series. http://bestsmileys.com/sad/9.gif

Think about it and give Atlantis S4 a chance before you stop watching!! Please!!

Lightbane
January 30th, 2007, 02:10 AM
Such negativity,*mod snip*
Seeing the spoilers for First Strike and the horrible cliffhanger thats gonna leave us hanging for like 5 months has made me really excited to see Season 4 and how the people on Atlantis cope with being cut of from Earth and the Daedalus/Apollo and having no supplies of any kind coming in, seeing Rodney without coffee hehe thats gonna be fun, and new relationships that could form

AutumnDream
January 30th, 2007, 02:34 AM
Story arcs that actually explain something don't make money...

Yeah, that's what they seem to think, anyway. :rolleyes:

AutumnDream
January 30th, 2007, 02:42 AM
Unless they somehow manage to bring back Carson full-time, they can kiss my remote control and money good-bye!
There is no way I could forgive them!

I certainly don't want to watch a show in which I have to witness a beloved character being axed for whatever reason every other week. If I did, I'd tune into BSG instead.

Uh, only one character has been killed off and removed from BSG, and it was the actor's choice. Perhaps you would do well to "tune into BSG" before you go running off at the mouth about it, hmm? ;)

leelakin
January 30th, 2007, 03:12 AM
Such negativity, the number of "no's" are most likely from forum trolls or people who are only watching it for the characters that got 'offed'

Uh, better read through the posts to see why people don't want to continue (or think about not continuing) watching. There are also a lot of them that don't like the plots or even the behaviour of TPTB... or have simply lost interest for various reasons.
To call them "trolls" or refer to them in a degrading way sure isn't nice.

Commander Ivanova
January 30th, 2007, 07:43 AM
Well, duh!
It would have to get pretty bad before I'd stop watching, and it'll probably get cancelled before that. Roll on S4!

majortrip
January 30th, 2007, 07:48 AM
I will most definitely be watching S4.:)

Cast changes happen all the time in other favorite shows of mine, so it doesn't bother me , whether it's the actors' choice or not. I can't even say I'd stop watching if my favorite character on SGA left.

FoolishPleasure
January 30th, 2007, 07:53 AM
Uh, only one character has been killed off and removed from BSG, and it was the actor's choice. Perhaps you would do well to "tune into BSG" before you go running off at the mouth about it, hmm? ;)

Actually, BSG has lost quite a few characters this season, mostly recurring, with one opening credits reg to go soon. My husband has even joked that there won't be anyone left by the end of the season. ;)

The problem with bumping off characters is that viewers invest a lot of time getting to know them, and with the real world as ugly as it is, no one wants to tune in to escapist entertainment to see their beloved "friends" getting killed. Its depressing, and I don't watch TV to be depressed.

saberhagen83
January 30th, 2007, 08:05 AM
Oh I will certainly watch next season! I'm not going to just give up on it just because we get a few changes. Some I'm not so very happy about but I will give it a try and see how things go. If they treat the changes right (is that possible?) I think it could work out well. But I will probably have a bit lower expectations. S3 has been fantastic and I hope S4 could be something similar.

MediaSavant
January 30th, 2007, 08:10 AM
How do you feel about the upcoming season 4 after hearing about all the changes (those that are definite and those that might happen)? Will you continue watching SGA?

The polls that people put together never really have the option that fits me.

My answer would be:

"I'll watch it occasionally just like I did the other seasons", but that option isn't in the poll.

Everyone seems to think there are only two options to everything: Love or hate, Watch all the time or never watch.

I watch it once in a while and think it's okay. I don't love it, but I don't hate it either.

expendable_crewman
January 30th, 2007, 08:47 AM
Yes, yes, yes.

As long as they stay in the Pegasus galaxy and keep using a Stargate.

I like the stories of season 3. (And season 1, and 2.)

The only ep I've riled about was followed by an ep (No man's Land): in which a shot of the Milky Way galaxy was featured in the void between the Pegasus and the Milky Way, and I fell in love with the show all over again.

As an online fan (meaning a person who talks about Atlantis more than three or four times a week ... okay, okay, every day ...), I take losing a character on the show a bit harder than I might take losing a character on, say, Supernatural, another show I like.

With that said, I've lost fav characters on TV shows for as long as I can remember.

I like the feel of Atlantis and I like the contraversial storylines for the discussions they spawn.

It would be interesting to know what I'd think of (referencing JF's interview) a soft reset
if I wasn't aware it was going to happen until it happened, meaning I wasn't online.

I tend to think I'd mourn the losses as part of the storyline, accept the changes, and move on.

For me it's a bit too soon to be looking at the Remote.

Mitchell82
January 30th, 2007, 12:44 PM
I will most definitely be watching S4.:)

Cast changes happen all the time in other favorite shows of mine, so it doesn't bother me , whether it's the actors' choice or not. I can't even say I'd stop watching if my favorite character on SGA left.

I agree. This is a great show that I will always watch unless they do something stupid and cast Weird Al in a lead role.

sparticletam
January 30th, 2007, 01:47 PM
The problem with bumping off characters is that viewers invest a lot of time getting to know them, and with the real world as ugly as it is, no one wants to tune in to escapist entertainment to see their beloved "friends" getting killed. Its depressing, and I don't watch TV to be depressed.
Ditto what you said. Love your sig. There are some great protest sigs showing up. I'm enjoying them. Lemmings just want to be loved (and listened to)--is that so wrong??? ;-)

Shrill to the gills but holding still.

smushybird
January 30th, 2007, 01:49 PM

I'll watch it.

Laura the Asgard
January 30th, 2007, 02:19 PM
Yes - I'll give season 4 a whirl! I haven't even seen the 2nd half of season 3 yet, but I do lurk around a bit on the spoiler threads and I'm a little sad at what is going on with some of the characters as well as rumors of other changes. Dispite that, I want to see what the show has in store for us!

AutumnDream
January 30th, 2007, 05:35 PM
Actually, BSG has lost quite a few characters this season, mostly recurring, with one opening credits reg to go soon. My husband has even joked that there won't be anyone left by the end of the season. ;)

Well, nobody cares about Ellen and Jammer :P

Twinchy
January 30th, 2007, 06:55 PM
Well, nobody cares about Ellen and Jammer :P

What a rude way of expressing disinterest for secondary characters... (no offence but there are likely people who actually do care)!!!

MasySyma
January 30th, 2007, 07:06 PM
Such negativity, the number of "no's" are most likely from forum trolls or people who are only watching it for the characters that got 'offed'

I, for one, don't appreicate being called a troll for expressing my opinion.

I've watched SG-1 for 10 years and Atlantis until Season 3. My reasons for no longer watching the show are valid, and I have posted my thoughts on SGA in numerous other places on this forum.

For those who enjoy the show, have fun watching. I don't, so I'm no longer in that group. Isn't expressing our opinions the point of this thread?

The Engineer
January 30th, 2007, 08:00 PM
Yes, I will.

cshawzye
January 30th, 2007, 08:22 PM
See, the word "arc" intrigues me, as there hasn't been one for season 3, and that's what I've been missing. I think season 1's great strength lay in how the eps overlapped to give a sense of exploration and discovery, a sense of getting to know the Pegasus Galaxy. I haven't felt a coherent push of more than 3-4 eps since then, and nothing in season 3 since Misbegotten. I'm not counting Irresistible, etc. - that was an ouch, not an arc. :P

I've definitely been missing that same sense as well. I'll be giving season 4 a chance and I really hope that this is something that they put back into the show. A kind of underlying arc/mission/objective/directive that can weave in and out of the season's episodes. It doesn't have to be anything in your face or upfront, just in the background that will tie the show together would be nice. Something like that would go a long way, IMO, to bringing some of the spark back to the show, especially in light of all of the changes and things that are happening.

SlytherinGal
January 30th, 2007, 08:29 PM
Heck Yea! I will absolutely keep watching! :D I love Atlantis!

parisindy
January 30th, 2007, 08:49 PM
i haven't decided yet but i'm leaning towards no

HyperCaz
January 30th, 2007, 09:00 PM
Officially, NEVER! Never again will I sully my mind with SGA!!

...unofficially, I'll be found watching it where no one can catch me. ;)

the old briar pipe
January 30th, 2007, 09:14 PM
Officially, NEVER! Never again will I sully my mind with SGA!!

...unofficially, I'll be found watching it where no one can catch me. ;)

At home, alone, in the dark, with a sense of shame.... ;)

But when the time comes to vid again, you know you'll use that perfect shot of Elizabeth telling off Sam and hope everyone believes you when you say a friend captured it.

AscendedWarrior
January 31st, 2007, 11:17 AM
Yes, of course!

Copernicus
February 5th, 2007, 09:35 PM
Based on what I just saw, a resounding yes from me.

AutumnDream
February 5th, 2007, 10:26 PM
What a rude way of expressing disinterest for secondary characters... (no offence but there are likely people who actually do care)!!!

Oh, I know. I totally cried when Ellen died. I was only joking to cover up that fact that I forgot she did. :D

freetoken
February 6th, 2007, 01:06 AM
Personally feel no need to *have* to watch SGA - so if I miss an episode it won't matter, I'll just catch it later, sometime. However, if I have an opportunity to do so I might tune in.

If enough people feel similar to myself I wonder how SciFi ratings will fare. To be lukewarm about something may be worse than outright hatred.

IWKYZerocool
February 6th, 2007, 03:31 AM
of course i will watch season 4, I have seen every episode from when Stargate started and the movie.

travis
February 6th, 2007, 03:55 AM
LOL how can I not.

huntress
February 6th, 2007, 04:20 AM

The plot is bad too and doesn't go anywhere. The quality of the show has been dropping from the middle of season two and has by now become unbearable. I absolutly hate the cast changes and YES I do watch the show because I loved the interaction of the characters. That was the main reason that drew me towards Lost in the beginning too. When I did this poll, I said I would give season four a chance by now I am not really sure I want to give it a chance. Last weeks episode was terrible IMO. A rip-off and a dumb "moster of the week" episode that had potential that got totally squandered. I am looking forward to a new episode of House and the next episodes og Galactica. Atlantis? I am afraid I will stick to fanfics from now on. I am just sick and tired of the way the PTBs have treated us and their inability to write decent scripts. I am BTW also one of those people who stopped watching The X-Files basically after season seven. I saw half of season eight (those episodes that had David Duchovny in it) and I will never, ever watch season nine. I saw the series finale and it was the worst finale I have seen in ages. I still hate Chris Carter for what he did to show. Why do most series producers have to spoil their baby at the end? As much as I like Joss Wheadon but he did it too to Buffy and Angel. The only two series I can think of that had really great endings are "Six Feet Under " and "Deep Space Nine"

marty2006
February 6th, 2007, 04:22 AM
Damn right i will

Lauriel
February 6th, 2007, 04:35 AM
Absolutely. Like many, I was getting down about s4, but the few spoilers that have surfaced have made me feel more positive. I love the show and I'll continue to watch it, and now I find myself getting over the shock of so many changes and looking forward to it with the usual sense of excitement that it normally provokes in me.

I still have some trepidation about the changes being implemented. I still have queries as to what direction the show will take. I still have difficulty understanding some of the choices TPTB have made in the last three seasons. I'm not blindly following the show just because it is SGA, and I am still capable of viewing it critically and intelligently.

That said, I'm following the show because it is the one of the rare shows that has me waiting impatiently for the next episode or the next season. I'm following it because it is the only show that has ever prompted the level of enjoyment and devotion that led me to involve myself with an online fandom or conventions or the entire fandom deal. (Even SG-1 didn't do this, and I've followed the show since it's inception.) I am going to watch season 4 and hopefully future seasons as well because I love the creativity, the acting, the effects and all of the facets that make up a show that is capable of involving me and making me excited. Season 4 would have to be radically and spectacularly dismal for me to abandon it.

Linzi
February 6th, 2007, 06:10 AM
Well, I was going to anyway, but after First Strike - HELL YES!!!

Mister Oragahn
February 6th, 2007, 07:08 AM
I will watch the first three to four episodes, and see where it's going from there.

But since the template will still be the same, my hopes aren't particularily high, no matter how much of a reset they intend to put on SGA.

ussrelativity
February 6th, 2007, 10:44 AM
I'll always watch it. I would really like to see that Weir is not shafted in Season 4. She is a large part of the leadership of the expedition, as as such, a cornerstone in the entire scheme of things.

Jersey13
February 6th, 2007, 10:45 AM
You're spot on, Alyssa. The way that I see it, it may very well be the right of TPTB to mistreat characters all they want. The only thing that will happen is that the character might not become as popular as the others they don't mistreat. But when TPTB start mistreating my favorite actor(s), it becomes dishonorable and plainly UNFAIR. That is when I usually choose to call it quits and stop watching. Who needs any more justification than that? If I decide to watch season 4 at all, I won't be the same dedicated fangirl I was before; I'll be a casual viewer at best. Unless they undo at the very least these cast change decisions, I'll never give them another cent ever again, nor will I bother wasting my time and creative impulses on an unworthy show.

Phil
February 6th, 2007, 10:45 AM
HELL YEAH I will watch season four! It's going to be great as any other stargate! I saw the First Strike and I have big faith that TPTB won't screw this new season! Call it a women institution - sorry - intuition :vala: , but there will be more of different development between the old and new characters.

My favourite character is Elizabeth and I know that she will be gone just for this season! But you have to give it a shot because Atlantis is that kind of show who needs time-to-time changes. It's not like SG-1 about one (i have to add - great) team it's about a hundreds of people each one from a different country!

My thoughts are that Elizabeth will have a vacation this year (probably a recovery) and Shep will lead Atlantis. If you have seen "first strike" you have to know that they were planning to do this so Elizabeth won't be gone forever!

PG15
February 6th, 2007, 04:14 PM
After watching First Strike...let's just say that if I didn't watch Season 4, I'd better be dead.

coolove
February 6th, 2007, 05:30 PM
With all the casting changes, I had some reservations about the new season but after watching the episodes Sunday to First Strike, I like the new direction the show is going in. I like the new characters and season 4 should be very interesting.

Trialia
February 6th, 2007, 05:36 PM
I'll watch it, I stuck around this long. If the changes don't work for me then I'll probably start treating Atlantis like SG1 - watch it when I can and don't feel too bad if I miss an ep here and there.

Well I think that many of the arc and filler ep plots haven't been all that stellar, so I can see how others wouldn't be that invested in the plot either. And I can see how some people would take an interest in certain characters over plot instead, and if those characters go or are minimized then there isn't much left to watch...
Have to say I pretty much agree with all the sentiments expressed in the above.

The show is drawing away from feeling as character-centric as it has been in the first couple of seasons, more rapidly as time goes on. It's losing its pull for me, its warmth. I quit watching SG-1 because it just couldn't hold my attention anymore, not enough character-centrism, and though I've returned to it since the end of season 8, I still preferred Atlantis up until about the episode "Irresistible". But now, I don't really care enough anymore, I don't think. I'll probably watch it when it's on because my parent does, but if it clashes with another favourite, I'll likely go back to the latter instead of bothering to tape anything.

AutumnDream
February 6th, 2007, 05:59 PM
First Strike was interesting. I think it was the most true thing to the premise of Atlantis in a long time. So I'm looking forward to seeing it they can keep it up in Season 4.

Skydiver
February 6th, 2007, 06:13 PM
Folks, the topic of this thead is 'will you watch season four'.

it is NOT 'let me mock those that will watch' or 'let me mock those that won't', nor is it the 'let me tell any i don't agree with to bugger off'

Whether you like or dislike others' opinions, you do need to respect them.

lily
February 6th, 2007, 07:24 PM

What Linzi said.:)

What Linzi and Bluealien said :p

I like both seasons 1 and 2 a lot, but, for ME, season 3 is the best season by far. In my opinion, there was only one bad/mediocre episode in s3. One out of twenty. I liked the other 19 episodes a lot. And I absolutely adore 16 of them. So, yes, I'll definitely watch season 4. Can't wait!

Vash
February 6th, 2007, 08:22 PM
Bad or good season 4 will be, I must continue to find out what happens. I don't like stopping in the middle of a story so I must continue, even if its bad.

Ruined_puzzle
February 6th, 2007, 08:29 PM
Parts of it.

Team SG-1*save the show*
February 6th, 2007, 11:44 PM
i will still be watching but i am hoping we will see carson beckett again and Ford.

The Great Lord Baal
February 7th, 2007, 03:55 AM
^ me to

Commander Ivanova
February 7th, 2007, 05:54 AM
How could anyone not want to watch S4 after seeing First Strike? Fantastic episode, best for a while. Let's hope S4 keeps the same high standard.

Jersey13
February 7th, 2007, 06:11 AM
How could anyone not want to watch S4 after seeing First Strike? Fantastic episode, best for a while. Let's hope S4 keeps the same high standard.

People keep asking that question over and over, and the answer (speaking for myself here) is simple. It's not just about whether or not the show is still entertaining at all any more; at least, it isn't for me. Explosions, big guns, pretty faces, and pretty graphics just don't do it for me. I do admittedly think that character development and interesting and original plot lines are failing here for the last 6 episodes of season 3 in a row, and it does have me worried. But ultimately, for me it's about how TPTB have been mistreating actors who have been nothing but loyal and supportive over the years, actors that I really love and respect, and I will not tolerate it. So, rather than risk watching the show become an even bigger disappointment, I will simply choose not to watch it until I have a better idea of whether or not there will any improvement at all. And that means undoing certain mistakes and improving the quality of the show overall. Otherwise, I won't love it like I used to, and it's just not worth the anxiety it would cause me.

Rootortoise
February 7th, 2007, 06:12 AM
after seeing the awesome first strike i sure as heck will be watching season 4!!!!my love for this show is definately back!

and ill admit i was wrong,
keller and ellis both seem like good editions (ive accepted the cast changes now and tbh i liked both characters)...the only thing im not looking forward to is Sam coming over but im willing to give her a chance as long as she doesnt get in the way too much of the atlantis characters....i still dont like her though at this point in time, but i never liked her on sg1 either so i do have something to base my dislike for her on.

but anyway yes Roll on season 4!!!

huntress
February 7th, 2007, 08:42 AM

What high standards are those exactly? Shiny computer generated FX with shallow stories wrapped around them? In other words more popcorn stuff. It was a problem of current Hollywood to give us that type of movies. Thank goodness the industry is starting to deliver good movies like "Little Children", "Blood Diamond" and "Last King of Scotland"

Betelgeuze
February 7th, 2007, 09:06 AM
I'm really looking forward to season four. I enjoyed s03, and have no problems with the changes in the cast. I hope s04 will have a good combination between character episodes, and action episodes, and no irresistable/irresponsible like episodes.

~Benjamin~
February 7th, 2007, 09:24 AM
Of course! It will be great! cant wait for it and im only half way through season 3

Cam_Mitchell
February 7th, 2007, 09:32 AM

I ca see where you are comming from but really there havent been that many changes have there!, only two characters wier wasnt that amazing, BUT i do agree that beckett should'nt have gone!

--Gaz--

Quinn Mallory
February 7th, 2007, 09:55 AM
I thought season 3 was overall very good - better than the second half of season 2. Although I didn't think the show need any major changes, I'm interested to see how those changes will play out and will likely to continue to be entertained nevertheless.

While I think SG-1 suffer a bit initially when RDA left the show, they eventually recovered, imho. I don't think the SGA changes are as drastic to even suffer a period of adjustment. I don't think the changes will change fundamentally what most fans, including myself, like about the show.

SGA season 4 is not going to be like Sliders season 3 (starting to imitate cheap horror flicks) or Earth Final Conflict (new direction in each of its 5 seasons)

[SGC_ReplicÅtors]
February 7th, 2007, 11:44 AM
i dont need to explain or make up anything so my reponse to this question is YEs

TheCaptain
February 7th, 2007, 12:04 PM
I'm finding just a couple of the stories a little hard to deal with, in various small nagging points, but overall I think Atlantis is improving, and becoming more interesting, compelling with each continuing season.

Though I find it a little disappointing that sometimes, they don't follow up with all the interesting technologies/characters that are brought into the mix (like, where the heck is Ford, for one thing? There has to be SOME explaination/conclusion to that)

Some of the events near the end of S3, major changes to the dynamic of the expedition, have made me a little concerned for S4 and hopeful that the cast of characters we've come to know and love will continue to exist as we know them, but I'll definitely be anxiously anctipating the return of the show when it begins airing eps again... to see where things go, and to enjoy a fantastic scifi series.

The major changes in past seasons that have left me questioning, have turned out to be masterstrokes in the end or at least I've thought so, and I just hope TPTB continue on with their great track record, that they carry on with their wonderful show for many more seasons to come! So yes I'll be there too, with my popcorn and beer, watching S4 with baited breath!

Capt

Chemp
February 7th, 2007, 12:21 PM
Will you watch season 4?

YES,YES,YES..have I mentioned YES!!!
Season 3 was nothing short of amazing.I just hope the writers will be able to write even more interesting stories to bring back all those people who are now saying they won't watch season4 and help atlantis to live for at least another 3 years.

Sauron18
February 8th, 2007, 08:25 PM
Of course I'll watch it.

So there were a few changes, no big deal, I love the show on the bigger picture, and although I do enjoy characters, they are in the end a part of the show.

Either way, I think I like the new direction. I was getting worried when we got episodes like "Phantoms" or any episode that was basically only character centric. Of course characters are important, but there is also a story that must continue, and there must be a balance, which I think is what the new situation (at least current new situation) will provide.

Ravroz
February 8th, 2007, 09:11 PM
In a word, of course I'm gonna watch season 4. Especially if they are truly totally cut off from earth.

Mitchell82
February 8th, 2007, 11:14 PM
Before First Strike it was yes, now it is HELL YES! It was an awsome episode and while I was never worried about the changes I am even less now. It seems to be that season 4 will be great.

AutumnDream
February 8th, 2007, 11:50 PM
Before First Strike it was yes, now it is HELL YES! It was an awsome episode and while I was never worried about the changes I am even less now. It seems to be that season 4 will be great.

It must take a lot of strength to maintain that optimism. Here's some green.

TheReturnOfTheLantian
February 9th, 2007, 12:03 AM
yes im going to watch it, but dosnt mean i have to like about CARTER going, will proberly screw up the show but at the end of the day i still love SGA

Missster.Freeman
February 9th, 2007, 10:06 AM
Mibbies aye, mibbies naw.

I can't decide until I've watched the last of this season's episodes. And even after watching the last of this season's episodes, I still might be undecided. In other words, mibbies aye, mibbies naw. :D

bluealien
February 9th, 2007, 10:48 AM
After watching First Strike - can't wait for season four. Pity we have such a long wait. The new doctor seemed to fit in really well though I will still miss Carson. The show still offers me loads of character interaction and action so I am happy to have both. Looking forward to the new direction that season four will be taking and seeing how Sam will be interegrated into the show.

Still a bit skeptical of having her on Atlantis but I was pleasantly surprised by the new doctor so I'm sure it will be the same with Sam. I am looking forward to the new and improved dynamic that First Strike brought to the show and liked the military feel. It seemed to give the show an edge that it had been missing. Love the idea of Sheppard being in charge.

Pegasus_SGA
February 9th, 2007, 10:58 AM
I haven't read everyone's post, because let's face it you lot are a chatty bunch :D and RL is cutting in to my play time *sigh*. But I'll be honest i've given it careful thought about not watching it any more with all the cast changes. And i've been very vocal about how much I dislike them and still think that too many changes are not a good thing. It's also been confirmed that the reason some changes were made was because SG1 was cancelled and because of that TPTB wanted to shake things up a bit, and one of those things was letting Carson/PM go *sigh*.

While I don't necessarily agree with some of the decisions they have made (and yep I accept that they will never please everyone all the time) I will still watch the show, because I love Atlantis for the stories and interactions of the characters, and while I have my favourites it doesn't dissuade me from enjoying everything as a whole, and I will give it a chance. If I don't like the direction it's headed in then i'll switch over. I've rarely been disheartened with the episodes so far, although I know some have, and I think if I got to that point with ant particular show, not just Atlantis then I would switch off instead of bashing every single episode or the majority of it. I know a fair few people who won't watch it because of the changes, and it is a shame. As a whole I think Atlantis has a lot to offer, but I completely understand their decision. I'll be even more honest and say that if my favourite characters decided to leave then I would also have serious thoughts about watching it, because it would lose a large appeal for me. And it would change the dynamics of the show completely if certain people left, were killed off or were becoming reocurring, then yes it would probably make me not want to watch the show. But i'll cross that bridge if or when it happens.

For me I don't see the point of ripping a show to bits but then still watch it. So unless Atlantis gets to the point where I don't like it anymore then i'll carry on watching. I don't think i'll ever be happy with the cast changes, because I personnally don't feel as if it is warranted. And i've always felt the changes were made simply because SG1 finished. What surprises me is that TPTB and some of the actors (no names mentioned) are surprised that we don't want SG1 cast members on Atlantis. And I honestly don't think that they realise that Atlantis fans are not necessarily SG1 fans. I think maybe (and i'm probably out on a limb here), but I think they expected the fans to just cross over and it hasn't worked out like that, so they've never seen a problem with SG1 cast crossing over...

So in short (yep, I can do short sometimes) I will watch it and see where it takes me, and hope that i'm proved very wrong. I will give the new characters a chance, it's not their fault that they've 'replaced' someone after all. They saw a good job and took it, and if I were in their shoes i'd probably do the same. So I won't condemn them until i've seen what they're like and how they interact with the other established cast members.

Just my two cents....

Wormhole
February 9th, 2007, 11:06 AM
To many changes for me, I'll probably tune into the first few episodes and see how it's going to pan out and go from there.

sgaaddict
February 9th, 2007, 11:50 AM
I don't know if I'll watch the show after those very bad decisions that happened in season 3.

firing great actors for money, I can't bear it!

But the only rays of light I have for season 4 are Amanda's arrival (I hope TPTB [SPOILERS]won't kill her off too?![/SPOILERS) YES YES YES MCARTER ROCKS! and some possibilities of SG1 characters appearing in this season.

Quality of scripts: don't know what to think, season 2 and 3-> russian mountains.

@foolishpleasure: I love your sign!

Icarus
February 9th, 2007, 02:23 PM
Yes, only for Jewel Staite though. The stories and plot developments are to superficial and sudden to have any sort of credibility. At least S3 is an improvement on S2, which focused on 35 mins of the team leading to disaster, followed by 10 mins of McKay hatching up an eureka plan and executing it flawlessly.

Ravroz
February 9th, 2007, 02:41 PM
I agree with you, she will make things a little more interesting. Also, it could make up for some of the seeming mistakes made in the planning of season 3.

Mitchell82
February 9th, 2007, 07:01 PM
It must take a lot of strength to maintain that optimism. Here's some green.

Thanks but it's not just optimisim, it's from what I've seen so far it looks very promising. But hey I could be wrong.;)

Skorn
February 9th, 2007, 07:43 PM
I'm going to continue watching as long as Sheppard and McKay stay on the show.

¨°o.O Cassie O.o°¨
February 9th, 2007, 07:58 PM
As mad as I am about the cast changes I'm sure I will be there for s4. I just don't think I could breathe if I wasn't.

parisindy
February 9th, 2007, 08:20 PM

agreed...i won't be watching...its not the show it was

first strike was the deciding factor, before that i wasn't sure if i would be or not,
but now i'm totally not going to be watching season 4

pavaneofstars
February 9th, 2007, 08:50 PM
So many changes going on in my fav show and I'm not sure I like some of them, but I do intend to watch it until the end. Bring on season 4! :D

the fifth man
February 9th, 2007, 09:05 PM
I know I'll definitely be watching Season 4 of SGA. This season has been great, and I'm going to like seeing Carter on the show next season. It should be very interesting. I can't wait to see where recent events take us.

Ruined_puzzle
February 9th, 2007, 09:14 PM
It should be very interesting. I can't wait to see where recent events take us.

Cancellation. :mckay:

jenks
February 9th, 2007, 09:25 PM
Personally I am confident that season 4 will be the best season of Atlantis yet, so I will definatly be watching. Even if I thought that it would be crap though, I'd still watch, if for no other reason than curiosity...

Mitchell82
February 10th, 2007, 05:12 PM
Cancellation. :mckay:

I know you have little hope but from what I've seen it is far away from cancellation. It is gettting better and better IMO rather than worse.

Leanna20
February 11th, 2007, 05:25 AM
I'll watch S4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:) Of course i'll be watching! Not all changes are bad.Let's see what gives between Carter an McKay, it could be interesting or at least I'm sure it will be funny.
I'm looking forward to see them cut off from Earth , again ( it was one of the things that i liked most in S1, they had to work out their problems by themselves!)
Maybe getting Dr.Weir out of the show is a mistake, I don't know.:( I'll just have to watch and see. I'm sure it will still be great and that i will enjoy S4 as much as the other 3 seasons.:cool:

Mitchell82
February 11th, 2007, 03:46 PM
I'll watch S4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:) Of course i'll be watching! Not all changes are bad.Let's see what gives between Carter an McKay, it could be interesting or at least I'm sure it will be funny.
I'm looking forward to see them cut off from Earth , again ( it was one of the things that i liked most in S1, they had to work out their problems by themselves!)
Maybe getting Dr.Weir out of the show is a mistake, I don't know.:( I'll just have to watch and see. I'm sure it will still be great and that i will enjoy S4 as much as the other 3 seasons.:cool:

Well as far asa we know she isnt out yet just reduced likely b/c of her feelings of being "overlooked" and "underapreiciated" by the military. Hopefully she'll still be in the backround.

Ravenessa
February 11th, 2007, 04:01 PM
Wait, didn't Elizabeth tell Teyla that if they made it out of that situation, she'd have to step down? What if she really does, but stays in Atlantis?

the old briar pipe
February 11th, 2007, 04:06 PM
Wait, didn't Elizabeth tell Teyla that if they made it out of that situation, she'd have to step down? What if she really does, but stays in Atlantis?

Argh. That was exactly what I thought when I heard that line.

Let's hope it's not true....

jenks
February 11th, 2007, 04:09 PM

Then I reckon Atlantis might finally get a decent leader...

the old briar pipe
February 11th, 2007, 04:22 PM

Dude. You just like to bait people, don't you? :sheppardanime31:

jenks
February 11th, 2007, 04:34 PM
Dude. You just like to bait people, don't you? :sheppardanime31:

Not really, I don't know what other sort of answer I could of given...

the old briar pipe
February 11th, 2007, 04:42 PM
Not really, I don't know what other sort of answer I could of given...

Hm. Perhaps, "Atlantis could finally get a leader I like," or "respect," or whatever. Using the word "decent" without some indication that you know it's your opinion rather than some objective, universal truth is blunt and a little inconsiderate of people who actually like Weir and think she does a great job.

Of course, you're entitled to your opinion. Personally, I think she's been great.

And no, I'm not a lemming. :P

jenks
February 11th, 2007, 04:49 PM
Hm. Perhaps, "Atlantis could finally get a leader I like," or "respect," or whatever. Using the word "decent" without some indication that you know it's your opinion rather than some objective, universal truth is blunt and a little inconsiderate of people who actually like Weir and think she does a great job.

Of course, you're entitled to your opinion. Personally, I think she's been great.

And no, I'm not a lemming. :P

:)

nowvoyager908
February 11th, 2007, 04:51 PM
agreed...i won't be watching...its not the show it was

first strike was the deciding factor, before that i wasn't sure if i would be or not,
but now i'm totally not going to be watching season 4

ITA. I started watching SGA because I have been interested in JF since Sisters and I have loved sci fi since ST:TOS. The two coming together was a gift from on high. LOL. I was really looking forward to seeing the second half of season 3. But between being jerked around by SciFi and the totally unnecessary cast changes (exploding tumors . . .please, this device would have been too lame for even Spaceballs), my heart is just not into it any more. I am ambivalent about the rest of season 3 and season 4 has fallen off the side of the world. It's a shame, because SGA had so much potential. I'll guess I'll have to content myself with DVD's of seasons one through 2.5.

Mitchell82
February 11th, 2007, 05:54 PM
ITA. I started watching SGA because I have been interested in JF since Sisters and I have loved sci fi since ST:TOS. The two coming together was a gift from on high. LOL. I was really looking forward to seeing the second half of season 3. But between being jerked around by SciFi and the totally unnecessary cast changes (exploding tumors . . .please, this device would have been too lame for even Spaceballs), my heart is just not into it any more. I am ambivalent about the rest of season 3 and season 4 has fallen off the side of the world. It's a shame, because SGA had so much potential. I'll guess I'll have to content myself with DVD's of seasons one through 2.5.

I understand you're upset and if you don't like it then you have a right to be but at least give it a chance.

kordone
February 11th, 2007, 06:05 PM
I think the simple answer to this question is 'hell yea!!'

doylefan22
February 12th, 2007, 01:55 AM
Of course I will.

I don't like some of the changes made to the cast but I'm open minded enough to see what happens.

After all, I didn't like it when Daniel left SG-1 but grew to really like Jonas. You never know if you'll like it until you watch it.

kimaken
February 12th, 2007, 05:35 AM
I don't like the changes so I won't be watching. In fact, I won't be watching the 2nd half of S3 either!

Mitchell82 said:

I understand you're upset and if you don't like it then you have a right to be but at least give it a chance.

I won't be giving the show a chance--why watch something I don't like? There are plenty of other shows to watch or things to do during that time slot that I do like.

Tristen
February 12th, 2007, 10:06 AM
Of course I will.

I don't like some of the changes made to the cast but I'm open minded enough to see what happens.

After all, I didn't like it when Daniel left SG-1 but grew to really like Jonas. You never know if you'll like it until you watch it.

I agree, definitely.

I don't like the changes so I won't be watching. In fact, I won't be watching the 2nd half of S3 either!

Mitchell82 said:

I won't be giving the show a chance--why watch something I don't like? There are plenty of other shows to watch or things to do during that time slot that I do like.

I think the point here is, how do you know you don't like it if you haven't seen it? It's just like with Brussels sprouts, you can't go around telling everyone you hate them if you've never tried them. :D

As for me personally, I'll be watching! I loved season 3, loved First Strike, and as long as Sheppard's team stays intact, I'm sure I'll love season 4 as well. Bring it on!

X Tristen

Trialia
February 12th, 2007, 10:18 AM
I think the point here is, how do you know you don't like it if you haven't seen it? It's just like with Brussels sprouts, you can't go around telling everyone you hate them if you've never tried them.
Some of us already know from the details about the upcoming cast changes and arcs that we have, that we aren't going to like it. McKay's interaction with Carter? Not something I enjoy seeing, and I seriously doubt that will change anytime soon. I don't want the show to become Atlantis: SG-1 as it so obviously is doing. It makes me angry that they're openly starting to use SGA to keep SG-1 alive even when they'll have the movies for that. So I'm just not interested anymore. I may, just may, watch for the pretty, but only the episodes Torri's in, because other than that, I no longer love this show as I once did.

Tristen
February 12th, 2007, 11:29 AM
Some of us already know from the details about the upcoming cast changes and arcs that we have, that we aren't going to like it. McKay's interaction with Carter? Not something I enjoy seeing, and I seriously doubt that will change anytime soon. I don't want the show to become Atlantis: SG-1 as it so obviously is doing. It makes me angry that they're openly starting to use SGA to keep SG-1 alive even when they'll have the movies for that. So I'm just not interested anymore. I may, just may, watch for the pretty, but only the episodes Torri's in, because other than that, I no longer love this show as I once did.

Well, believe me when I say I was less than thrilled to find out about the upcoming changes. Carter coming to Atlantis? I'd rather not have her, and I certainly don't want Atlantis to become the Carter/McKay show. Plus, I like Weir; it's a shame that Torri's role is being reduced.

Having said that, I loved season 3, even with Carson dying (which I wasn't too fond of watching happen either), and it's reason enough for me to continue on watching through season 4. I'm not someone who likes changes. I didn't think I'd like Jewel as the new doctor either, but she seems okay so far. And I watch for the team; as long as they're still around, so am I. I'm keeping an open mind; I'm not going to judge an entire season on the basis of spoilers (confirmed or not) and rumors.

I'm gonna go in with an open mind, and I'm excited! I'm sorry a lot of you guys don't feel that way, but I think you'll be missing out on a lot of great stuff. *shrugs*

Again, bring on the new season! :D

X Tristen

AtlantisRising
February 12th, 2007, 01:05 PM
Will I watch Season 4: Yes. Yes I will.

I have loved season 3 more than any other SGA Season. I love the characters and writing. I like how First Strike ended, mianly cause I was pissed that I would have to wait to find out the answers to my questions. lol.

I will also watch because I have an open mind to new ideas and dont get bothered by changes easily. On that note, if too many changes happen that dont fit well with the overall story, then I start to lose interest. But as I said, I will give it a chance and see where they take it. The first few episode titles for S4 look interesting.

kimaken
February 12th, 2007, 01:45 PM
I agree, definitely.

I think the point here is, how do you know you don't like it if you haven't seen it? It's just like with Brussels sprouts, you can't go around telling everyone you hate them if you've never tried them. :D

As for me personally, I'll be watching! I loved season 3, loved First Strike, and as long as Sheppard's team stays intact, I'm sure I'll love season 4 as well. Bring it on!

X Tristen

I loved S1 but midway through S2 I began losing interest. I watched a few eps in S3 and even liked some of them, but then they killed off my favorite character, who was the only reason I even bothered to occasionally still check out the show at all. Add to that the other changes that are coming about, and I'm definitely not interested in watching the show any more. Besides, I don't fit the key demographics that tptb want to attract to the show--they don't want or need my viewership.

Trialia
February 12th, 2007, 01:48 PM
I loved S1 but midway through S2 I began losing interest. I watched a few eps in S3 and even liked some of them, but then they killed off my favorite character, who was the only reason I even bothered to occasionally still check out the show at all. Add to that the other changes that are coming about, and I'm definitely not interested in watching the show any more. Besides, I don't fit the key demographics that tptb want to attract to the show--they don't want or need my viewership.
I don't think there are many of us who do actually fit the demographic Sci Fi is trying to aim for.

Falcon Horus
February 12th, 2007, 02:12 PM
I don't think there are many of us who do actually fit the demographic Sci Fi is trying to aim for.

Who exactly are they aiming for?

Silverwings
February 12th, 2007, 02:33 PM
...But its the cast that made me tune in every week and kept me hanging on when the storylines were less than exciting. I'll probably give the rest of season 3 a look, but after that . . . if TPTB have so little investment in their creation that they're about to hit the "reset" button, why should I give a damn?

So true. If they want to make a different show, make a different show, don't neuter SGA and call it "shaking things up". Bah humbug.

...I wish them luck, but there's little here any more that interests me. Then again, I've never been a fan of the Wraith. It seemed all too close to scraping the bottom of the barrel when Stargate needed some Dracula rejects.

edit: as for the "target demographic"... I think it's the coveted 18-25 male demographic. Though... I guess that's sorta obvious. I'm glad I never hit that phase. I went right from junior high to college graduate. ;)

Silverwings
February 12th, 2007, 02:38 PM

Sorry for the double post, but I had to grab this one and throw in a hearty "aye" on behalf of a certain Scot.

When my escape from reality becomes more depressing than my reality, out the window it goes.

Easter Lily
February 12th, 2007, 03:08 PM
While I'm leery about all the changes... I'll be watching still. As I've said elsewhere, as long as JF and/or DH sticks around, I can stomach the changes. The only thing that worries me is adding AT to the mix and how that will affect the dynamics but after First Strike, I would have to be very angry not to watch S4 episode 1 at least. ;)

But I'm glad to see that Zelenka will still be around.

At the end of the day, I'm an easy to please scifi junkie and truth be told, there ain't a lot of it around... good, bad or indifferent.

Trialia
February 12th, 2007, 03:17 PM
Who exactly are they aiming for?
As Silverwings said, seems to be the 18-25 males. Into which at least two-thirds of this show's audience don't fit.

bnza8
February 12th, 2007, 03:43 PM
definetly. i didnt even know there was a season four till i came on the forum again. i think they did a good job in most of season 3. a couple of episodes were disappointing - The Real World and The Ark. those two eps were a disgrace.

when will it be released?

Uber
February 12th, 2007, 04:01 PM
definetly. i didnt even know there was a season four till i came on the forum again. i think they did a good job in most of season 3. a couple of episodes were disappointing - The Real World and The Ark. those two eps were a disgrace.

when will it be released?I found Season 3 to be incredibly uneven. There were several episodes that were kinda okay, some that were downright stellar and a few that I royally detested...including the horrid *-IBLE* episodes.

I'm intrigued by the new direction the show is taking and think there's a lot of potential there.

bnza8
February 12th, 2007, 04:15 PM
you hate the two eps - IRRESISTIBLE and IRRESPONSIBLE? i think you're just jealous because that fat guy had 6 wives and some times they do it all at once. :P

Trialia
February 12th, 2007, 04:37 PM
you hate the two eps - IRRESISTIBLE and IRRESPONSIBLE? i think you're just jealous because that fat guy had 6 wives and some times they do it all at once. :P
That you might actually believe what you've just said makes me sick.

That episode was disgusting and very, very offensive to those of us who've survived sexual assault in any form, and it should never have been so lightly toned as it was.

Ruined_puzzle
February 12th, 2007, 04:43 PM

And this is why SGA will get canceled. You know if the writers are writing for that kind of audience.

My mind it boggles.

the old briar pipe
February 12th, 2007, 06:49 PM
As Silverwings said, seems to be the 18-25 males. Into which at least two-thirds of this show's audience don't fit.

I think it's more than 2/3. Of my male friends who watch, all are older than 25 (most older than 30).

alyssa had a great comment about that in another thread, to the effect that that demographic is a silly one to aim for. It's an outdated model. Nowadays, women spend as much (or more) in casual purchases as men do.

...Although that could explain the facile moral dilemmas of the last season and a half.... :rolleyes:

Trialia
February 12th, 2007, 06:54 PM
I think it's more than 2/3. Of my male friends who watch, all are older than 25 (most older than 30).

alyssa had a great comment about that in another thread, to the effect that that demographic is a silly one to aim for. It's an outdated model. Nowadays, women spend as much (or more) in casual purchases as men do.

...Although that could explain the facile moral dilemmas of the last season and a half.... :rolleyes:
As I said, at least two-thirds. ;) And she's right, it is a silly demographic to aim for. About three of the Stargate fans I know who buy merchandise are male and under 25. It's crazy.

jenks
February 12th, 2007, 06:57 PM
That you might actually believe what you've just said makes me sick.

Give it a rest he was only having a laugh...

Trialia
February 12th, 2007, 07:04 PM
Give it a rest he was only having a laugh...

Dude, this isn't even in the right thread. *blink*

poundpuppy29
February 12th, 2007, 07:10 PM
I will watch I don't think they will do to Weir what they did to Ford but I am an optimist. I am willing to give it a chance. I am not happy about the cast changes. I will give the new doctor a chance even though I loved Beckett and not happy how they killed him off it's not her fault and I hope that Sam doesn't replace Weir permantly I don't know if she is replacing Weir as the leader. I think if they keep Weir alive and if we keep up the campain we will get her back as a full cast memberI love Stargate both of them and I enjoy the stories so I will still watch.

jenks
February 12th, 2007, 07:24 PM
Dude, this isn't even in the right thread. *blink*

How do you mean?

MB.Eddie
February 13th, 2007, 12:08 AM
I'll be watching :)

Falcon Horus
February 13th, 2007, 06:52 AM

No kidding... :S

Silverwings
February 13th, 2007, 02:05 PM
Well, stupid demographics are a huge issue in the game industry too. Movies are a little better... but not much. Entertainment in general is heavily skewed to the male side of things partly because it's mostly males on the creative side of things.

Yes, that's sort of a "duh" statement, but it's another facet of the self-sampling inbred data that Alyssa points at. Without women in the industry, it's simply not as good as it should be.

It's a bit self-reinforcing, too, since entertainment (games especially) are seen as "boy stuff" unless it's a "chick flick" or some other insipid stereotype. There's little impetus for women to enter the industry.

To make things better, there have to be people willing to actually do something other than complain. Go make something!

Trialia
February 14th, 2007, 10:04 AM
Well, stupid demographics are a huge issue in the game industry too. Movies are a little better... but not much. Entertainment in general is heavily skewed to the male side of things partly because it's mostly males on the creative side of things.

Yes, that's sort of a "duh" statement, but it's another facet of the self-sampling inbred data that Alyssa points at. Without women in the industry, it's simply not as good as it should be.

It's a bit self-reinforcing, too, since entertainment (games especially) are seen as "boy stuff" unless it's a "chick flick" or some other insipid stereotype. There's little impetus for women to enter the industry.

To make things better, there have to be people willing to actually do something other than complain. Go make something!
Oh, it annoys me in the games industry as well. Most of the people I know who play RPGs and platform games are female - those of us who're willing to put upwards of seventy hours into properly completing a game like Final Fantasy VI need to have some degree of patience, and we do, but the games industry ignores even those of us who try to get into it. My sister's been trying for years, and now she's working at the UK version of Walmart.

What the entertainment industries don't seem to realise is that okay, men might be more vocal about it, but that doesn't mean that women don't participate just as much.

Silverwings
February 14th, 2007, 10:27 AM
You know what? No offence to anyone here, but I honestly think that part of it is that there's this fundamental view that Scifi/games etc are for 'nerds' and they believe that there are more 'nerdy' guys than girls. These industries are often run by guys who see themselves as nerds. They can't see that these industries have become 'cool' in a way, and that there's a growing market, and especially a growing female market.

No offense taken. Nerdy is the new "cool". Just look at Carter and McKay. Erm, well Carter anyways.

Yes, the industry has gone mainstream (more or less) but the people behind the scenes are behind the times. Trouble is, they are the incumbents, and dislodging them takes time and concerted, sustained effort, and ethical people (of either gender) who are comfortable with themselves and not afraid to challenge the status quo.

Entertainment is a huge industry, but the vast majority of it is soulless dross. Until real people with intelligence and ethics get involved at all levels and aren't afraid to stand up for doing the right thing, the industry will keep stagnating in the stag pool of inbred male incompetence.

Um... in English, keep at it, Triala's sister. Fight the good fight. If nothing else, the Internet age may allow for independent business models. Make your own stuff, make it professional and polished, and keep at it. It probably won't be profitable and may need to be a hobby... but how often are things worth doing profitable anyways?

/me wanders off again, having used up his vocabulary for the day.

Caldwell's 2IC
February 14th, 2007, 12:09 PM
I don't like all the changes that are happening but yeah I'll still watch it.

Same here. I'll have to wait until Fox decide to pick up "Stargate Atlantis" again for their lineup, though :(

Trialia
February 14th, 2007, 12:14 PM
Thank you, Silver.

Just saw The Ark in full, after a while, and if the rest of season 3 is this mediocre, I definitely can't be bothered with #4.

parisindy
February 14th, 2007, 03:12 PM
i was thinking... i'm not watching 4...

but what would make me change my mind?

i think some how ...

ressurecting carson

its not impossible.. how many times has daniel died?

if Sam became only a minor reoccuring character

and if

Weir reclaimed her leadership

jenks
February 14th, 2007, 03:22 PM
No offense taken. Nerdy is the new "cool". Just look at Carter and McKay. Erm, well Carter anyways.

Naa, it really isn't...

Willow'sCat
February 14th, 2007, 03:56 PM

alyssa had a great comment about that in another thread, to the effect that that demographic is a silly one to aim for. It's an outdated model. Nowadays, women spend as much (or more) in casual purchases as men do.Not sure on that, a recent study showed Women's wages in developed countries are not keeping up with males and they are starting from a low point anyway and also if I look at my female friends with kids they always are willing to spend what they have by way of disposable income on the kids first. I know some women have huge incomes *I am not one of them* and no kids but still I doubt they ever really get as excited over buying an SGA book as they do over buying a pair of new shoes. Or am I being too stereotypical in that assumption? Don't know, I will spend 60 bucks on a game for my P2 and I do intend to buy the P3 when it comes out here but you know, I am by no means an average female, I dont' buy shoes, I have about 5 pairs of shoes and if they can't get me where I need to go then I don't need to go there. :D

Oh and just so no one reds me (that is my opinion) and Hell yeah I will watch season 4!

Trialia
February 14th, 2007, 04:01 PM
I know some women have huge incomes *I am not one of them* and no kids but still I doubt they ever really get as excited over buying an SGA book as they do over buying a pair of new shoes. Or am I being too stereotypical in that assumption? Don't know, I will spend 60 bucks on a game for my P2 and I do intend to buy the P3 when it comes out here but you know, I am by no means an average female, I dont' buy shoes, I have about 5 pairs of shoes and if they can't get me where I need to go then I don't need to go there. :D

TBH, yeah, you are being stereotypical. I don't buy shoes until my old ones wear out and even then I don't fork out £50 on a pair. I have to save up for DVDs but I'd far rather get a new box set of my favourite show than use what money I have - and I'm not rich! - on stupidly expensive footwear. Every spare penny I have goes either on my cats, upgrading my PC or my fandom interests, and I know a fair few women of my age and older who do much the same thing.

The Ori
February 16th, 2007, 05:21 AM
I'd watch it even if it were the worst show on TV, Its my stargate baby!

Missster.Freeman
February 16th, 2007, 01:47 PM
Yes, but a middle-of-the-road yes. Those bloody TPTBs dangling carrots in front of me! I need to know what happens next. :zelenkaanime07: There had better be a worthy pay-off for this cliffhanger, or there'll be hell to pay.

Mitchell82
February 16th, 2007, 04:57 PM
Yes, but a middle-of-the-road yes. Those bloody TPTBs dangling carrots in front of me! I need to know what happens next. :zelenkaanime07: There had better be a worthy pay-off for this cliffhanger, or there'll be hell to pay.

They usually do IMO so I'm not worried. I am really looking forward to season 4 IMO.

Pharaoh Atem
February 16th, 2007, 05:10 PM
Frak yes i've always liked SGA and i have HIGH HOPES FOR SEASON 4 :D

Snord
February 17th, 2007, 01:54 AM
Duh...I must watch. I have to know what happens in 'Adrift'. It did suck that Carson left, but at the end of the day that doesn't sway me from watching-I just kind of shrug and watch it anyway because I love the story. What is all of this talk of Weir leaving? 0_o? I haven't heard anything about that until I read this forum and I read every update on gateworld so whats the deal?

Trialia
February 17th, 2007, 01:59 AM
Duh...I must watch. I have to know what happens in 'Adrift'. It did suck that Carson left, but at the end of the day that doesn't sway me from watching-I just kind of shrug and watch it anyway because I love the story. What is all of this talk of Weir leaving? 0_o? I haven't heard anything about that until I read this forum and I read every update on gateworld so whats the deal?
She's been reduced to recurring for season four, and the last character reduced to a recurring status on this show disappeared after a handful of episodes. :(

Artemiy
February 17th, 2007, 04:57 AM
I'll definitely watch it until the show'll become cheesy with the x-overs and cast changes. The only ones from Milky Way which I'd like to see in Pegasus are replicators...! Big replicators vs Asurans battle xD

aviv18391
February 17th, 2007, 05:24 AM
I believe That Putting Carter In SGA Is The Best Thing That Has Ever Happend To Them, and im thrilled for the upcoming season four, i wish that everybody were.

Mitchell82
February 17th, 2007, 09:26 AM
I believe That Putting Carter In SGA Is The Best Thing That Has Ever Happend To Them, and im thrilled for the upcoming season four, i wish that everybody were.

I too am thrilled about season 4 and like that Carter is coming over. I do wish that everyone was as thrilled at it as I am.

Ltcolshepjumper
February 17th, 2007, 09:44 AM
I'll watch. Yeah, I can't wait but, I'm not too excited about Carter coming over.

P-90_177
February 17th, 2007, 09:49 AM
Can't wait to see season 4. I reckon it's one of the best cliffhangers off all of stargate plus carter will only make things better (Daniel would be better)

EdenSG
February 17th, 2007, 12:00 PM
Yes, I will watch season 4.

While I am not happy over many of the cast changes, fundamentally SGA is still a show I love. As for my opinion on whether or not the changes will hurt the show, I have more of a wait and see attitude regarding that. Over the many years I have been a TV viewer many shows I have loved experienced major cast changes - many worked out quite well and made the show more interesting, others were not so good and it hurt the show. So I will watch with before I decide.

Though I have not seen all the season 3 eps yet I do think, that for me anyway, that this has been a great seaon so far. I have seen a lot of good character/team bonding moments, some good action scenes, new villians etc. I think the writers have laid the foundation for some interesting developments and the potential for a strong season 4.

So yes, not only will I be watching season 4, and I am very much looking to forward to it!

garhkal
February 19th, 2007, 03:43 AM
I voted yes. Until they do something so drastic as to make me no longer a fan, i will continue to watch it..

beale947
February 19th, 2007, 01:51 PM
Yes I will. Its stargate isn't it:D And I have to stop the withdrawal from no SG-1 some how:P

But I love Atlantis anyway, so long as it still feels like Atlantis

RepliHawk
February 19th, 2007, 04:56 PM
I will of course

StefanSGA
February 20th, 2007, 05:14 AM
I'll definitely watch it! I like the writing and the story so far and i'm very curious what's going to happen with the Asurans, the Genii, the Wraith etc.
But is it true that SGA's ratings aren't very high in the US? I do hope they won't cancel the show. It's my favourite show at the moment!

Falcon Horus
February 20th, 2007, 05:20 AM
But is it true that SGA's ratings aren't very high in the US? I do hope they won't cancel the show. It's my favourite show at the moment!

The ratings were a little higher than SG1 but not spectacularly high. I'm not sure what good ratings are in the US (someone indigenous to the country could help you out with that).

DelTrax1
February 20th, 2007, 03:04 PM
You must realize that the reason they are doing all these cast changes are to keep the price down of each episode....It can be good but it also can be bad...we will have to see. I do see Carter taking over Atlantis as Weirs position...but we will see how that turns out.

Falcon Horus
February 20th, 2007, 03:07 PM
You must realize that the reason they are doing all these cast changes are to keep the price down of each episode....It can be good but it also can be bad...we will have to see. I do see Carter taking over Atlantis as Weirs position...but we will see how that turns out.

How is bringing AT over going to keep the price down exactly? After 10 years I'm pretty sure she's the most expensive one running around on the Atlantis-set.

~Benjamin~
February 21st, 2007, 03:07 AM
Yes ! Of Course I Will

The Great Lord Baal
February 21st, 2007, 03:22 AM
Why wouldnt I f course I will watch it

SGFerrit
February 21st, 2007, 04:00 AM
People might be a little happier about it if they hadn't offed Carson and cut Torri to recurring (which we all know is SG speak for "never to be seen or spoken of again") to make room in the cast for her.

Carson wasn't killed off to make room for her. Otherwise they wouldn't have replaced him. And as for Weir, we just don't know yet.

Smegger56
February 21st, 2007, 08:54 AM
How did everyone else react with the news that Jackson wouldn't be returing in season 6 of SG1? Don't forget, this was Shanks' decision to leave? Did anyone go, 'oh, now i'm not going to watch season 6 now that Jackson has left'.

I ask coz this is a similar prediciment with Weir... though it seems to the writers decision, and not the actors... however, she well be a recurring character.

What i'm tryiong to say is did anyone react this way when Jackson was only going to appear now and again in SG-1 (near the end of season 6, it was confirmed he would be returning)?

I for one will continue to watch with intigue, as i'm really fasinated where this is going. Bring on Season 4.

Jersey13
February 21st, 2007, 11:46 AM
How did everyone else react with the news that Jackson wouldn't be returing in season 6 of SG1? Don't forget, this was Shanks' decision to leave? Did anyone go, 'oh, now i'm not going to watch season 6 now that Jackson has left'.

I ask coz this is a similar prediciment with Weir... though it seems to the writers decision, and not the actors... however, she well be a recurring character.

What i'm tryiong to say is did anyone react this way when Jackson was only going to appear now and again in SG-1 (near the end of season 6, it was confirmed he would be returning)?

Michael Shanks only left, as I read in some interview somewhere, because he wasn't happy about how his character was being developed. Whether that's true or if he just wanted more money, who knows. But the studio obviously did what they had to do in order to get him back and make Shanks happy, and there's NO doubt that if they really want Paul or Torri back, that they could get them back.

Trialia
February 21st, 2007, 01:31 PM
Smegger, there was a campaign to get Daniel back after he left and that was the actor's decision. This, in contrast-- Paul McGillion had the decision sprung on him and it looks like Torri has as well. I think she's keeping quiet because she's been asked to. She's usually so open with the fans that I'm sure she wouldn't fail to tell us if it had been her own decision.

netfan07
February 21st, 2007, 06:52 PM
I don't know..Season 3 was pretty good. Specally the last one. It really leaves you hanging. I just finished watching the end of season 3 on Skyone last week I think.

Falcon Horus
February 22nd, 2007, 06:09 AM

I was slightly disappointed we weren't going to see Daniel in season 6 (still he popped up more often than not). But I loved Jonas Quinn and I didn't at all see him as filling Daniel's shoes. He was a character all on his own. When Shanks returned in season 7 and TPTB dropped Corin like he wasn't worth a thing...I honestly have to say my liking to the Daniel-character dropped way below zero. And still to this point I have a love/hate relationship with the character. At times I like him, more times I just hate to see him around.

As to the relevance of Daniel's leaving to Carson or Elizabeth... There is none in my opinion. Beckett was killed and Paul basically lost his job. There was no indication McGillion wanted out. And we also haven't heard if it was Torri who wanted out, so whatever TPTB are cooking up... It's all them, and not the actors.

vaberella
February 22nd, 2007, 06:17 AM

Edit: THANKS, MODS! =D

I love what I'm hearing, and I so far I have absolutely nothing against the changes. Long live changes!!

And oh hella yes!! http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e308/vaberella/teylaanime16.gif I will be watching SGA 4, 5, and whatever else they have to offer!!

Briangate78
February 22nd, 2007, 12:16 PM
for the 37 people who said will not watch it, you are not true fans! So bye bye, nice knowing ya, J/k! Seriously come on, give it a chance, I gave Season 9 and 10 a chance of SG-1. I am glad because Season 10 is really good. I am disappointed in you thats all.

ChillinTheMost
February 22nd, 2007, 12:29 PM
I'll watch. I'm interested in seeing how they work out the changes. If it ceases to entertain me, I'll stop watching, but that would hold true with or without changes for any show.

Trialia
February 22nd, 2007, 12:49 PM
for the 37 people who said will not watch it, you are not true fans! So bye bye, nice knowing ya, J/k! Seriously come on, give it a chance, I gave Season 9 and 10 a chance of SG-1. I am glad because Season 10 is really good. I am disappointed in you thats all.
Not interested in doing so. It's turning to crap toward the end of season three, and I'm not about to keep watching a show I no longer enjoy, particularly when my favourite character will hardly even be in its next season. If that makes me other than a true fan, then so be it, because I have lost my passion for this show.

I wasn't one of the 37 you're referring to - I chose "probably won't like it" - but my mind has been pretty much made up by the last few episodes that have aired here in the UK.

vaberella
February 22nd, 2007, 01:15 PM

No need to plead...let'em go. Majority of them will probably watching and not commenting, or commenting in private with others. So I just *roll my eyes*---anyway I think SGA will be good in S4. Lots to look forward to, based on the stuff I'm hearing.

the old briar pipe
February 22nd, 2007, 01:46 PM
No need to plead...let'em go. Majority of them will probably watching and not commenting, or commenting in private with others.

Actually, I kind of doubt it. There are several people I know who stopped watching in S2 due to ethical issues, and those folks don't watch and ***** in private. They have other things to do with their lives.

For the folks who have problems with the casting changes such that they really can't watch anymore - please respect them and let them go quietly if they wish. Please don't call them non-fans, even in jest. They're just fans from a different angle, an angle that's been cut. The thing they were fans of no longer exists. That's a very sad thing to me, and I can't think they're very happy about it, either.

I will definitely give season 4 a chance - it has lots of possibilities - but I'm a little more wary than I was going into season 3. And I'm definitely respectful of those who won't be watching for whatever reason.

Willow'sCat
February 22nd, 2007, 02:25 PM
For the folks who have problems with the casting changes such that they really can't watch anymore - please respect them and let them go quietly if they wish. Please don't call them non-fans, even in jest. They're just fans from a different angle, an angle that's been cut. The thing they were fans of no longer exists. That's a very sad thing to me, and I can't think they're very happy about it, either.I agree to some extent, respect is important, and I would love to let them go quietly but most of them are not going quietly or otherwise! :P :D

I try and respect that they are upset by not going into Pro/Save threads and dissing their fallen characters but really I lose respect for them very quickly when they go into episode discussion threads (having refused to watch the episode/s) and just slam the show because x,y & z has now been nixed. Do it once, and that is understandable but continue to do that and end up looking like an ass IMHO. :cool:

the old briar pipe
February 22nd, 2007, 02:46 PM
I agree to some extent, respect is important, and I would love to let them go quietly but most of them are not going quietly or otherwise! :P :D

I try and respect that they are upset by not going into Pro/Save threads and dissing their fallen characters but really I lose respect for them very quickly when they go into episode discussion threads (having refused to watch the episode/s) and just slam the show because x,y & z has now been nixed. Do it once, and that is understandable but continue to do that and end up looking like an ass IMHO. :cool:

Thank you for not trolling. I wish everyone had your restraint. ;)

I suppose the "if they wish" comment was intended to imply that if folks want to stand in the middle of an episode discussion thread and scream bloody murder on unrelated topics, then they're fair game. It's its own kind of trolling at that point. But I do think that honest, thoughtful comments made in any thread should be treated with respect, even if they say things like, "I no longer enjoy this show." Blanket dismissals, even joking ones, of folks who participated in a poll intended to ask their opinion seems a bit much. :P

So it sounds like you and I actually agree, we just have different ignore filters. :D

Briangate78
February 22nd, 2007, 02:53 PM
Actually, I kind of doubt it. There are several people I know who stopped watching in S2 due to ethical issues, and those folks don't watch and ***** in private. They have other things to do with their lives.

For the folks who have problems with the casting changes such that they really can't watch anymore - please respect them and let them go quietly if they wish. Please don't call them non-fans, even in jest. They're just fans from a different angle, an angle that's been cut. The thing they were fans of no longer exists. That's a very sad thing to me, and I can't think they're very happy about it, either.

I will definitely give season 4 a chance - it has lots of possibilities - but I'm a little more wary than I was going into season 3. And I'm definitely respectful of those who won't be watching for whatever reason.

I was kidding about the non fans thing, i said J/k. Just wanted to get some attention, lol! :P

No need to plead...let'em go. Majority of them will probably watching and not commenting, or commenting in private with others. So I just *roll my eyes*---anyway I think SGA will be good in S4. Lots to look forward to, based on the stuff I'm hearing.

Yeah, i feel that i complained about season 9, when RDA was leaving, but we got some great eps like Quest, 200, The Shroud(Which is classic SG-1 all over again) so I am glad I kept wacthing, even if i was upset with the character changes. I advise the same to keep watching, things might be better for them.

Not interested in doing so. It's turning to crap toward the end of season three, and I'm not about to keep watching a show I no longer enjoy, particularly when my favourite character will hardly even be in its next season. If that makes me other than a true fan, then so be it, because I have lost my passion for this show.

I wasn't one of the 37 you're referring to - I chose "probably won't like it" - but my mind has been pretty much made up by the last few episodes that have aired here in the UK.

Well Weir may be in most of the eps, we don't know yet. It's not like Torri is leaving or reducing her role say like RDA did in SG-1, totally different.

Trialia
February 22nd, 2007, 02:56 PM
Well Weir may be in most of the eps, we don't know yet. It's not like Torri is leaving or reducing her role say like RDA did in SG-1, totally different.
Still, I'm not nearly as interested as I was before for several reasons, not least declining episode quality. Torri's reduction to recurring is really just the last straw for me, tbh.

Willow'sCat
February 22nd, 2007, 03:00 PM
Blanket dismissals, even joking ones, of folks who participated in a poll intended to ask their opinion seems a bit much. I don't know; when times are tough a few jokes can be good. I think that is what the Lemmings thread has become *more or less* and the day I can't laugh at my own behaviour and dare I say; obsession with fictional characters (living :P or dead) is the day I need some serious help. :cool:

Passion for a show or character is one thing, but some of the reactions have imho been so over the top as to be almost frightening. :S I include the reactions to Joe Mallozzi's comments in that as well.

Again the day you can't laugh at yourself (or fandom).... :cool: :rolleyes:

the old briar pipe
February 22nd, 2007, 03:15 PM
I was kidding about the non fans thing, i said J/k. Just wanted to get some attention, lol! :P

True, you did say that. I'm sorry if I seem to be coming down hard on you - I've just been seeing a lot of people say far more insensitive things and had to bite back my retorts. Not replying to real trolls was my NY's resolution... :D

Again the day you can't laugh at yourself (or fandom).... :cool: :rolleyes:

True, too true. ;) And I'm glad the Lemming thread has gone the way it has - it does seem more healthy to react with humor. I just like to be careful how I phrase my jokes and where I place them - not to avoid flames but to avoid hurt feelings if folks take it in a spirit it wasn't intended.

Not that I always succeed. :P

Briangate78
February 22nd, 2007, 04:32 PM
True, you did say that. I'm sorry if I seem to be coming down hard on you - I've just been seeing a lot of people say far more insensitive things and had to bite back my retorts. Not replying to real trolls was my NY's resolution... :D

LOL, I'm no where near a troll, I am just very passionate about this. In fact I moderate two other forums a Stargate one and a Family Guy one, lol!

I just want this show to go well over 5 seasons, and i think these changes are for the better, and will help the show. :)

scarimor
February 23rd, 2007, 01:51 AM
I'll definitely be watching, especially with Carter there :)

vaberella
February 23rd, 2007, 05:07 AM
Insensitive things? I maybe on the end, but a lot of people come across needing some hand holding with the changes. If people choose to whinge about changes, that's fine. And as I said in my post, many of them say they won't watch, but it will be safe to assume a few will (not a generalized statement, assumption based on passed fandom experience)---just to whinge more or create a skin to do so. But to hear the loudness of, 'I'm leaving TPTB, did you hear the door slam on my way out?' approach is not interesting. If I lost interest in a show, I wouldn't be proclaiming it from a rooftop and standing on soapbox also shouting the death and demise of the show becuase I and EVERYONE else who watches the show have decided to leave.

Just to clarify...many people who say 'the fans' this, or 'the fans' that, throw all fans of SGA in a massive generalized loop who are unhappy and upset. Which is far from the case of the matter.

Uber
February 23rd, 2007, 01:30 PM
Insensitive things? I maybe on the end, but a lot of people come across needing some hand holding with the changes. If people choose to whinge about changes, that's fine. And as I said in my post, many of them say they won't watch, but it will be safe to assume a few will (not a generalized statement, assumption based on passed fandom experience)---just to whinge more or create a skin to do so. But to hear the loudness of, 'I'm leaving TPTB, did you hear the door slam on my way out?' approach is not interesting. If I lost interest in a show, I wouldn't be proclaiming it from a rooftop and standing on soapbox also shouting the death and demise of the show becuase I and EVERYONE else who watches the show have decided to leave.

Just to clarify...many people who say 'the fans' this, or 'the fans' that, throw all fans of SGA in a massive generalized loop who are unhappy and upset. Which is far from the case of the matter.It's been my personal experience that people who make sweeping "I'm not going to watch the show" statements are doing it with the hope that if they and enough people do the same, that TPTB will "come to their senses" and do things the way they want things to be done.

It just doesn't work that way though.

I know people love to focus on some of Joe's more inflammatory comments, but he truly makes sense here:
Of course some fans will be upset but I would argue that there have been many instances in the past where fans have reacted negatively to spoilers and then tuned in and been, if not pleasantly surprised, then not quite so enraged as they expected. As for the second part of my statement: Like I said, I was being brutally honest which, obviously, can be an extremely unpopular position to take. Letter writing campaigns are great in that they are an expression of fan passion and they offer us insights into what fans want to see, but they are not going to cause us to unmake a major decision at this stage and it would be disingenuous to lead you on and make you believe otherwise. While I could say that I’d like nothing better than to craft every step of Atlantis’s fourth season in response to fan requests and demands, developing relationships and storylines based on the most recent online polls, that’s not the way t.v. works. And Stargate isn’t the exception in this regard. There is a big difference between producing a show for our viewers (which we all do), and allowing online fan critiques and letter-writing campaigns to determine how a series progresses. In all fairness, a decision that may prove incredibly unpopular with one section of fandom may prove popular with another. Ultimately, rather than having it come down to which faction makes the most noise, we are basing our creative decisions on what is best for the show. Believe it or not.

Listy
February 23rd, 2007, 02:03 PM
Just popped in quickly to vote and to say......

IMHO

I love SGA and will watch it until the end!

Although I am a little freaked out by some of the changes especially the cast changes AT (but only as supporting I can cope with) and PM (am gutted about Carson, but haven't seen First Strike yet to get a look at the new Doc so can't say good or bad yet).

All in all I am looking forward to Season 4 and for some reason I'm especially looking forward to the Travelers episode.

hopeful
February 23rd, 2007, 03:21 PM
I'm a very long time lurker, so maybe this is an odd "first post" but I voted "I probably won't like it, but I'll have a look anyway."

The "look" being on this board and not watching the episodes themselves. I'm really happy for all the Carter and Kaylee fans, but alas I fall into the Weir (and formerly Beckett) fan category. I'm of an old era that likes our characters good and alive, knowing that the actors have secure contacts and endless witty repartee. Death and unknown peril is reserved and abundant in my real life. Obviously I don't watch BSG or Lost. Since this season of Atlantis has already aired where my friends are, I have been warned by them as to what happens.

Hence I am not watching the current season. So some people who say they are not going to watch really do mean it. I don't post this because I think it will have any effect on the direction of the show. If I thought posting would influence so much I would have started when SG1 was in trouble. That was an unfairly canceled show that was just hitting a new stride. I can't wait to see the movies. I'm still a fan. I still love the idea of Stargate. Just the person I watch Atlantis for is in peril without a safety net and I personally don't watch that kind of peril to be entertained. If it all turns out fine, I'll tune back in... but not until then.

ÜberSG-1Fan - You're right that JM makes a lot of interesting and insightful comments that aren't remotely inflammatory. It's very hard for me to focus on them when I'm framing everything from the perspective of wondering if there's any hope for my favourite character. If the show was going a way I was excited or neutral towards I would have no issue with balancing the insightful, witty, and culinary with the cruel. I digress, not cruel, but near tactlessly blunt. Sadly for me the inflammatory ones are like salt on an open wound, which causes me to pay more attention to them. Still, I’m hopeful the writing staff will find exciting plots, maybe.. possibly even enough for me to be able to watch without my all time favourite character if that is to be her fate.

Anyways this is long for a first post, sorry. I hope it dispels the idea that people who say they won't watch are still watching, and people who don't watch aren't fans of the show any more. I am slightly terrified of posting with such a passionate group, but I managed to hit the "submit reply" button, so I suppose that's one small step for this lurker.

Mitchell82
February 23rd, 2007, 10:17 PM
It's been my personal experience that people who make sweeping "I'm not going to watch the show" statements are doing it with the hope that if they and enough people do the same, that TPTB will "come to their senses" and do things the way they want things to be done.

It just doesn't work that way though.

I know people love to focus on some of Joe's more inflammatory comments, but he truly makes sense here:

I agree and what really urks me is when people bash something withut even watching one second of it. For example my wife hated scifi and had no interest in SG-1 and then watched 5 minutes of a rerun of Homecoming and fell in love with it and watched all epsiodes in a period of five weeks before evolution part 2 aired. All you need is to give it a chance and then throw in the towel.

Briangate78
February 27th, 2007, 12:43 PM

So you give me a negative stupid rating!? Don't watch it will be your loss.

Falcon Horus
February 27th, 2007, 02:38 PM
Don't watch it will be your loss.

If it won't be interesting for her anymore, then it can't be much of a loss, now can it?

Uber
February 27th, 2007, 02:50 PM
If it won't be interesting for her anymore, then it can't be much of a loss, now can it?But don't you have to watch something to find out whether it'll be interesting or not?

I know I've been a fan of some TV shows that were experiencing changes that I balked at...at first. But then I gave it a shot and found out that, while the shows were different, I realized that didn't translate to mean they were worse necessarily. Just, not the same. And in many cases, I found that the changes added something that I didn't realize was lacking and I became a bigger fan of that show.

And then of course there were other times when the changes played out even worse than I had anticipated...and I cut those shows off and moved on.

But I had to at least see how the changes in the show played out before making a final judgment as to whether or not I'd continue watching.

jenks
February 27th, 2007, 02:54 PM
I don't understand why these people who claim they won't watch season 4 bother coming in the season 4 thread at all, I mean, what's the point?

acce
February 27th, 2007, 03:22 PM
Atlantis is so Nice! McKay is the core of atlantis! No McKay = No Atlantis: So long live McKay!

Mitchell82
February 27th, 2007, 05:03 PM
But don't you have to watch something to find out whether it'll be interesting or not?

I know I've been a fan of some TV shows that were experiencing changes that I balked at...at first. But then I gave it a shot and found out that, while the shows were different, I realized that didn't translate to mean they were worse necessarily. Just, not the same. And in many cases, I found that the changes added something that I didn't realize was lacking and I became a bigger fan of that show.

And then of course there were other times when the changes played out even worse than I had anticipated...and I cut those shows off and moved on.

But I had to at least see how the changes in the show played out before making a final judgment as to whether or not I'd continue watching.

Exactly. There is no need to jump the gun till you see it first then decide. At first I balked at the changes to SG-1 mainly b/c of the removal of RDA, but I loved the change. My only hope is many will tune in and see. Change can be good or bad mainly because "Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder."

Briangate78
February 27th, 2007, 06:10 PM
If it won't be interesting for her anymore, then it can't be much of a loss, now can it?

Just saying she should try it, before making a decision. I had doubts about post season 8 SG-1 but still gave it a chance. Season 10 is a good season so far!

Hey Jenks! Thanks! :)

Briangate78
February 27th, 2007, 06:12 PM
Exactly. There is no need to jump the gun till you see it first then decide. At first I balked at the changes to SG-1 mainly b/c of the removal of RDA, but I loved the change. My only hope is many will tune in and see. Change can be good or bad mainly because "Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder."

Season 9 was blah, but glad i stuck with it for eps like Ethon and Ripple Effect. Then came season 10 which was 10x better so far, with eps like the Quest, Pegasus Project, 200, and the Shroud(which brings you back to a classic SG-1 feel mixed with the new cast) O'neill was awesome in that ep. These are just examples that a show still could be good, even if there are changes. I agree with you 1000 percent! :)

vaberella
February 27th, 2007, 06:16 PM
I don't understand why these people who claim they won't watch season 4 bother coming in the season 4 thread at all, I mean, what's the point?

As I once said..."TPTB did you hear the door slam as I walked out the door?!" That's the impression they give me, not like TPTB can do anything about it. :mckay:

I can't say it again, can't wait for S4!! This is much like I couldn't wait for S3---very close to dumping S2 to second spot as my fave season! :D

travis
February 27th, 2007, 06:26 PM

LOL, it's not what's the point but more like the principle of the fans discretion. They are only xpressing there opionion as why they are not going to tune in next season due to the cast change or what ever reason it is. After all the thread title does say "will you watch season ?4" otherwise it would say "pro season 4".

vaberella
February 27th, 2007, 06:56 PM
Or you could click no way in hell and walk away...since there are a multitude of lemming threads of every variety running loose on this forum. :D I put in my two cents so TPTB can now, that amongst the loud shouting dissenters, some fans can't wait. But based on the way this poll is moving, that point is mute and self-explanatory.

nowvoyager908
February 27th, 2007, 08:50 PM

People come in here because they are interested in sharing ideas, venting a little (well maybe a lot) and reading how others feel about the changes, the show in general or whatever. Its supposed to be fun and its the whole purpose of the thread. LOL.

Its interesting to read everybody's take on what's happening, whether you agree or not. For instance, lots of posters say they will watch season 4 regardless because its, you know, Stargate. That's very nice for them, but how is that substantilly more informed than someone who has lost interest in SGA because whatever it was that made them care about the show has been lost in Carson's demise and Weir's on-again, off-again magical disppearing act.

I dont expect TPTB to take note of my comments or anyone else's comments for that matter, pro or con. They write what they want. I watch what I want . . . or not. It doesn't mean I give up the right to make my feelings known. It's really very uncomplicated.

Falcon Horus
February 28th, 2007, 03:47 AM
But don't you have to watch something to find out whether it'll be interesting or not?

True, but maybe the second half of season 3 is already detoriarating in such a way, season 4 might not be all that appealing. (I think)

Though, I don't mind people saying they won't watch and vent about it, as long as it is done in a respectful way. I can understand how they feel.

I remember there was a time when I couldn't wait for the next episode of SG1 to air and for me to see it, but that enthusiasm has lost much of its strength, and turned its attention to SGA. Though I found s9 to be a season where they were looking for a way, while s10 rocks (well, not all episodes have that feeling but overall I love it...thanks to Vala :vala: ).

I don't know how SGA is going to take the changes, but I will give TPTB a chance to give it their best shot. Though if I don't like it, I will say so.

And for my part, let the non-viewers speak their peace...

jenks
February 28th, 2007, 07:33 AM
LOL, it's not what's the point but more like the principle of the fans discretion. They are only xpressing there opionion as why they are not going to tune in next season due to the cast change or what ever reason it is. After all the thread title does say "will you watch season ?4" otherwise it would say "pro season 4".

I'm fine with opinions, and I aren't saying they shouldn't be in here, I just don't see the point, not coming in the season 4 thread anyway, it's like me going in a 'Desperate Housewives' forum just to tell everyone I won't be watching. It feels almost as though some of them have claimed they aren't watching but felt they didn't get enough attention the first time to have come back for more, but the cold hard fact of the matter is that I'm sure most people here aren't to bothered either way wether another fans decides to watch ot not...

Silverwings
February 28th, 2007, 07:48 AM
Perhaps it's an effort to express why they aren't intending to watch. That's valuable data. Hysterics aside, understanding the viewers is always beneficial. Whether or not you intentionally run counter to that data as a producer is somewhat irrelevant, but it's best to at least try to understand those you are trying to entertain. That's how you keep a series alive.

vaberella
February 28th, 2007, 08:51 AM
Perhaps it's an effort to express why they aren't intending to watch. That's valuable data. Hysterics aside, understanding the viewers is always beneficial. Whether or not you intentionally run counter to that data as a producer is somewhat irrelevant, but it's best to at least try to understand those you are trying to entertain. That's how you keep a series alive.

Actually, I'd agree with you, but this is the whinging of people from ONE board at the moment, who probably haunt other boards of the same elk and do the same thing. I get the feeling there's a bit of a 'entitlement' problem with much of the fans. This has of course been argued by other people, but it's a valid point. Sure you can express you're feelings and hate actions taken...but when you do, say it for your self and don't group the entire fandom as feeling the same way to get your point across.

There's always this shouting..'The Fans' this or 'The fans' that when the real point is, 'you as a fan' don't want this or that. Further more, the producers make a show for the general public, they don't make a show catered to a few people. There are millions of people who watch a show to keep the ratings going. Not just 100 or so people. Those who watch the show might not go to the cons (I sure as hell don't) and there are some who don't frequent all the same boards, shoot other's don't write letters but love paticular characters. How are the writers to care about their viewing pleasure?

The few that cry out 'you're killing the show' are just upset things aren't going their way or their upset over their character, over some of the changes. That's fine and good, but again these people are basing all the negativity on a whim.

These people have no clue on S4 or what it's going to be like. They have no idea what the writing is like and what's in store. Yet, there are exclamations, I would rather wait and complain then, if I have complaints than do it before actually seeing what's going to happen.

I'm a fan who feels no entitlement towards TPTB, they make the changes based on their perspective and the direction they want to go, not on what the fans dictate which could read collapse for a show, this is again what happened to poor Roswell.

You can't please all the people all the time. Of course it's their right to whinge and to proclaim I won't watch cause my fave character is this or that---but the dooming and negative comments that are rather offensive to TPTB could be toned down.

VB

Elite Anubis Guard
February 28th, 2007, 08:57 AM
You know, I would watch it...but there's that whole I wont have SkyOne anymore issue. So...:-(

nowvoyager908
February 28th, 2007, 08:58 AM
I'm fine with opinions, and I aren't saying they shouldn't be in here, I just don't see the point, not coming in the season 4 thread anyway, it's like me going in a 'Desperate Housewives' forum just to tell everyone I won't be watching. It feels almost as though some of them have claimed they aren't watching but felt they didn't get enough attention the first time to have come back for more, but the cold hard fact of the matter is that I'm sure most people here aren't to bothered either way wether another fans decides to watch ot not...

But that's the whole point. If you were a DH fan and found out that the show was considering changes that you felt would ruin it, if not for every fan, at least for yourself, why couldn’t you join with other fans to discuss your opinions and express your dissatisfaction. Certainly your opinion has merit regardless of whether its pro or con. If your response would be just not to watch and stay silent, that's fine too. Whatever works for you.

Hysterics aside, for disgruntled fans, giving up or giving in is obviously not an option right now. Win, or more likely lose, at least they won’t go down without a fight. IMHO, if everybody was rah, rah, go PTB, it would be really boring around here.