This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol lee !

Yup, I think I'll watch ^^ Even if I don't agree with the cast changes or what's happening to Liz, but I'm waiting for answers and I hope I'll get them. Because I'm sure everything in the end will be fine and if not I can still change the channel in the blink of an eye. But I still have faith in SGA, I think it's an amazing show, or else I wouldn't still be around GW ^^

PS : just so you know why I'm not feeling down anymore, I had a particularly pleasant day ^^

Comment

Too many cast changes. Not interested anymore.

Comment

I have to say, I really do not understand those of you that are not going to watch season 4. What is so bad about the next season that makes you have no desire to even try the new season. I understand that there have been some cast changes, but is the cast the only reason you watch the show? Do you not have an interest in the plot?

Personally, there have been shows that I have been disappointed in the changes in, but I always gave the new season a go before giving up on it.
        Weir: He's just a boy!
        Jinto: I am Jinto.
        Sheppard: She's pleased to meet you.

I miss Jinto.

Comment

Originally posted by theonebluegecko View Post
          Personally, there have been shows that I have been disappointed in the changes in, but I always gave the new season a go before giving up on it.
          The writing on this show has been horrid this year as all they can do is copy old SG1 scripts. The cast changes are just the nail in the coffin.

After seeing most of SG1's season 10 compared to SGA's season 3, I would have to say Skiffy cancelled the wrong show.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

I have to say, I really do not understand those of you that are not going to watch season 4. What is so bad about the next season that makes you have no desire to even try the new season. I understand that there have been some cast changes, but is the cast the only reason you watch the show? Do you not have an interest in the plot?

I think some of them are going to give it a try before giving up on it.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
              The writing on this show has been horrid this year as all they can do is copy old SG1 scripts. The cast changes are just the nail in the coffin.
              And that is, I think, where we vary. In my opinion this (season 3) was the best season. The episodes, for the most part, really appealed to me. But I understand that, if I did not like the plots of the episodes and then on top of that they removed my favorite characters, it would annoy me as well.
              Weir: He's just a boy!
              Jinto: I am Jinto.
              Sheppard: She's pleased to meet you.

I miss Jinto.

Comment

And that is, I think, where we vary. In my opinion this (season 3) was the best season. The episodes, for the most part, really appealed to me. But I understand that, if I did not like the plots of the episodes and then on top of that they removed my favorite characters, it would annoy me as well.
                If you also watched SG1, they you would see how close a good 50% of SGA's episodes are. Its just bad writing.

Ignoring that, the episodes are full of plot holes that are so bad that the writers have had to come into the episode threads to explain what they mean't. That gets a "F" in my book. The only truly original and decent episode this year has been "Common Ground" and TPTB won't revisit that wraith or the human/wraith situation because they need stand-alone episodes for syndication. Story arcs that actually explain something don't make money so the fans get shortchanged all the way around. Toss in all the cast changes and it isn't worth my time. There are better shows out there.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Of course. I am not worried about the changes and think it will be a great season. Only one thing will stop me from watching. Scifi canning it.
                  Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                  "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                  Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

hells ya...nuff said
                    DAM YOU SCI FI.....DAM U TO SCI HELL arghhhh.....

Comment

I will definely watch. I think they have some good story ideas in mind even if I don't like the cast changes that are happening.
                      Spoiler:
                      I want to see how things develop with Sam and since Weir is involved in a major story arch I am interested to see where that goes. Though if they kill off anymore main characters (main includes Zelenka, Lorne and Weir now that her status will be changing)
                      it may affect how I watch in the future. I might just go back to waiting for it in syndication and get rid of my cable. I did fine with syndication for 9 years and would have no problem going back.
                      Last edited by Rosehawk; 28 January 2007, 05:41 PM.
                      sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                        Of course. I am not worried about the changes and think it will be a great season. Only one thing will stop me from watching. Scifi canning it.
                        Same here.
                        I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Hell yes!

Comment

Yes, although I'd much prefer to see Carter as a recurring character and Wier in her rightful place in the main cast.

Comment

Yup, cast is the only reason I watch the show -- the plot has pretty much sucked. There are individual episodes I've enjoyed, but overall, the show feels like it's meandering aimlessly around without any sense of overall direction.

Forutnately, my favorite characters weren't the ones that got written out or reduced to recurring status, so I'll be watching next season. But for those who lost their favorite character(s), they have my total sympathy and support should they decide not to watch any longer.
                              Keep Carson. Keep Elizabeth.
                              Keep Atlantis.

Lemming #14
                              -Clueless Lemming Cretin-

Image by Cailliath

Comment

I'll watch it, I stuck around this long. If the changes don't work for me then I'll probably start treating Atlantis like SG1 - watch it when I can and don't feel too bad if I miss an ep here and there.

Well I think that many of the arc and filler ep plots haven't been all that stellar, so I can see how others wouldn't be that invested in the plot either. And I can see how some people would take an interest in certain characters over plot instead, and if those characters go or are minimized then there isn't much left to watch...

Comment

Working...
                                X