PDA

View Full Version : Which type of episodes are you looking for in Season 4 : Atlantis eps or Team eps?

Blower'sGate
January 28th, 2007, 12:27 PM
( I'd like to ask the mods if it's possible to have a poll here ? )

I like the team exploring the Pegasus Galaxy ( but at the same time it reminds me too much of SG-1 ), but for 3 years I've been expecting more Atlantis episodes ( underwater ok we had GUP and more recently Submerssion / the mainland maybe ). I love the city itself and I want to find out where the hot scientists hide :p
I want to find out what can Atlantis bring to the expedition, the pegasus galaxy and the milky way.

So I'm looking for more Atlantis centered episodes in season 4.

What do you guys think ?

leelakin
January 28th, 2007, 12:29 PM
Will there be an option of not watching at all? :D

huntress
January 28th, 2007, 12:33 PM
I second that question because that is probably what I am going to do...not watching the show anymore. I would loveit more if they would show team and character-centric episodes like Sateda (Ronon-centric) or The Storm (the whole team)

Laura the Asgard
January 28th, 2007, 01:01 PM
I'd like to see more character development stories and exploring the city itself. I mean that thing is huge! You could get some "hot scientist" stories in, some team trapped in a room stories and them finding little toys the ancients left behind or even other people left behind in stasis that were undiscovered till now...could be fun! :)

ToasterOnFire
January 28th, 2007, 01:03 PM
Can I have both? I like both team eps and Atlantis eps. Maybe we can even have both simultaneously, like A plot team and B plot Atlantis or v.v. Really, I just want well-written episodes regardless of setting - that can't be too much to ask... :S

Blower'sGate
January 28th, 2007, 01:11 PM
Can I have both? I like both team eps and Atlantis eps. Maybe we can even have both simultaneously, like A plot team and B plot Atlantis or v.v. Really, I just want well-written episodes regardless of setting - that can't be too much to ask... :S

Don't worry I agree with you on this. But I was more thinking of something like 10 episodes centered on Atlantis and 10 team episodes. But I also want 20 well-written episodes !:rolleyes: Really what do I know ? :D

Raj_2006
January 28th, 2007, 01:16 PM
I'll will vote both if there was an option. :D

caty
January 28th, 2007, 01:18 PM
I had to put 'Something else', cause I can't decide between Team eps and Atlantis eps... I want Atlantis Team eps :D

g.o.d
January 28th, 2007, 01:23 PM
I want to have many wraith-episodes

Pharaoh Atem
January 28th, 2007, 01:24 PM
both options more exploring the city and team episodes

Linzi
January 28th, 2007, 01:46 PM
Both please! :)

Ruined_puzzle
January 28th, 2007, 02:39 PM
haha Leelakin yes how about a not watching option ;)

Blower'sGate
January 28th, 2007, 02:40 PM
Just asked Skydiver to add : "Both the team and Atlantis episode" ( in the meantime don't vote till it hasn't been added to the poll) :)

Blower'sGate
January 28th, 2007, 02:41 PM
haha Leelakin yes how about a not watching option ;)

I guess that's "Something else" ;) Because you never know for sure !

leelakin
January 28th, 2007, 02:45 PM
I guess that's "Something else" ;) Because you never know for sure !

hehe, actually "something else" is like "I want to see another kind of episodes", not none at all. XD
But that's okay, maybe we'll start another poll later? Or something. *lol*

Franklyn Blaze
January 28th, 2007, 02:46 PM
Less one offs. More main plot centric Atlantis and Team eps.

Blower'sGate
January 28th, 2007, 02:47 PM
hehe, actually "something else" is like "I want to see another kind of episodes", not none at all. XD
But that's okay, maybe we'll start another poll later? Or something. *lol*

No for me "Something else" also means not watching ^^:D

Ruined_puzzle
January 28th, 2007, 03:43 PM
OOO like it could be I'm watching "something else", cause that works.

I love polls so yeah start another one *pokes* :)

Atlantis1
January 28th, 2007, 03:49 PM
I didn't vote because I want some of both Atlantis and team episodes. Something else just didn't seem to fit what I wanted.

Falcon Horus
January 28th, 2007, 04:03 PM
I'd love to see both, an equal balance between the City of Atlantis being explored (more chances of seeing Heightmeyer again) *shrug* and the team going off-world.

And when they go off-world, I'd like to see them meet up with some Wraith-baddies.
And when they're in the city, I'd like to see minimum of Carter, a maximum of Sheppard, McKay, Teyla, Ronon, Zelenka, Heightmeyer, Lorne, Chuck, Katie, ... but most of all ELIZABETH.

FoolishPleasure
January 28th, 2007, 05:05 PM
This is Stargate-Atlantis, not Stargate-Shep's Team. Shep bores me anyway.

Blower'sGate
January 28th, 2007, 05:10 PM
This is Stargate-Atlantis, not Stargate-Shep's Team. Shep bores me anyway.

Lol ! I kind of thunk shep but I kind of agree with you on this. I loved ONeil's Team on SG-1 but this is Atlantis. So I'm looking for a bit of both. But I'm really looking forward to more Atlantis centric episodes than team centric.

PG15
January 28th, 2007, 06:08 PM
I'm just looking forward to Season 4, period.

twinchaosblade
January 28th, 2007, 08:23 PM
I adore team episodes! There definitely have been too few lately.

travis
January 28th, 2007, 09:00 PM
Well I cant see why they cnat write eps that has team work based around Atlantis. You get to kill two birds with one stone or in this case one story.
Any way I'm looking forwards to both.

Linzi
January 28th, 2007, 10:52 PM
I'm just looking forward to Season 4, period.
Me too! :)
I'd like to see more exploration of Atlantis, definitely. There have to be some good stories to be told there, surely? I think building new sets is too expensive though, and that's why those sorts of episodes have been limited. Shep's team will be doing the exploring though, through the Stargate mainly, because that's the whole premise of Stargate generally - the primary team goes exploring through the 'Gate with the support of more minor characters, hence the name 'Stargate'... The difference between SG1 and SGA is that the Atlantis team are doing it in a different galaxy, with different characters and team dynamics. TPTB have always said that, so it ain't going to change any time soon - thank goodness! ;) But, I would like to see more exploration of Atlantis.

bluealien
January 29th, 2007, 12:49 AM
I'd like to see more exploration of Atlantis, definitely. There have to be some good stories to be told there, surely? I think building new sets is too expensive though, and that's why those sorts of episodes have been limited. Shep's team will be doing the exploring though, through the Stargate mainly, because that's the whole premise of Stargate generally - the primary team goes exploring through the 'Gate with the support of more minor characters, hence the name 'Stargate'... The difference between SG1 and SGA is that the Atlantis team are doing it in a different galaxy, with different characters and team dynamics. TPTB have always said that, so it ain't going to change any time soon - thank goodness! ;) But, I would like to see more exploration of Atlantis.

The team dynamics are the highlight of the show for me, but I would like to see them exploring more of Atlantis, but as Linzi said it very expensive creating the Atlantis sets, so thats why we probably tend to get more off world locations.

Linzi
January 29th, 2007, 01:51 AM
The team dynamics are the highlight of the show for me, but I would like to see them exploring more of Atlantis, but as Linzi said it very expensive creating the Atlantis sets, so thats why we probably tend to get more off world locations.
Indeed. The rather ubiquitous British Columbia forest land! :)

Celcool
January 29th, 2007, 02:29 AM
Atlantis episodes of course! I love the interaction between all the characters that only the Atlantis-based episodes bring.

Reaceania
January 29th, 2007, 05:21 AM

It’s really interesting you say that ‘cause I’m wondering now if that has something to do with the differing opinions about the purpose of SGA and to extent the related factor of the role of Weir, in the show. I will admit that I don’t read every interview out there or anything like that, but the stuff I read about SGA, usually promo stuff and the like while watching Season 1 on DVD, always described the show in terms of a Team Atlantis context (often including others such as Caldwell in the description of the Team) with Weir and Sheppard taking the primary place in the description of the show.

So from the material I read I always got the impression, a) that the focus of SGA was Team Atlantis with Team Sheppard an important part of that (but not the overriding mission) and b) that Weir was a central part of the story and definitely not just the Hammond/Landry type character. Indeed, most of the stuff I remember reading about SGA always started off the description of the show with Weir and either her team, or her as the leadership role for the mission, or being co-leader (civilian and military “counterparts”) with Sheppard. I guess that is in part, what always shaped my perspective of the show, and then it was cemented while watching S1. So even though I came to SGA from SG1 I never saw the show being primarily about the chief expeditionary unit/off-world team. I wonder if I’d read interviews that described SGA primarily in terms of Sheppard’s team if I would’ve come to the show from that perspective and I wonder if that explains differences in opinions of both the importance of “Team Sheppard” to SGA but also the role of Weir. If there’s inconsistency in what the audience has been told or read about the show, either before they started watching it or during the early stages, then I wonder if that influences our perspective of the show. So I’m glad you brought that up. Something for me to ponder.

Anyway, I’m definitely not saying I want every ep based within the city or anything like that, but I come to the show from the perspective that the show is about more than Team Sheppard and even when the show’s team expands to include other elements of Team Atlantis (e.g., Weir, Zalenka, Lorne etc) that it doesn’t have to be constrained to the city (e.g., Submersion).

So I favor Team Atlantis eps :D (regardless of whether they're on Atlantis or elsewhere) since I prefer the dynamics between the all the core cast (as it is currently) but I wouldn't object to seeing some (but not a majority of) eps that are Team Sheppard heavy. So I guess I have to go for Option 1 or 4 (since team in the poll meant Sheppard’s Team ;)).

Lauriel
January 29th, 2007, 05:35 AM
I voted a mix of both. I love the team dynamics and I'd enjoy that whether they were off-world or in Atlantis. There are so many Atlantis-based stories that would be wonderful to see though; I'd love to see them explore it more. I don't want to sacrifice the off-world interaction and threats either though. In short - a little of everything, I guess. :)

Pitry
January 29th, 2007, 08:46 AM
atlantis. I dunno, whanever they do a team epsiode, things come off odd, skewed, and not very interesting... and tend to feel liek an SG1 rehash.

prion
January 29th, 2007, 08:50 AM
I voted a mix of both. I love the team dynamics and I'd enjoy that whether they were off-world or in Atlantis. There are so many Atlantis-based stories that would be wonderful to see though; I'd love to see them explore it more. I don't want to sacrifice the off-world interaction and threats either though. In short - a little of everything, I guess. :)

Ditto :)

kimaken
January 29th, 2007, 11:38 AM
I voted "Something else" since that's what I'll be watching/doing now that my favorite character, Carson, has been killed off and another favorite, Weir, is reduced to recurring status.

Linzi
January 29th, 2007, 12:47 PM
It’s really interesting you say that ‘cause I’m wondering now if that has something to do with the differing opinions about the purpose of SGA and to extent the related factor of the role of Weir, in the show. I will admit that I don’t read every interview out there or anything like that, but the stuff I read about SGA, usually promo stuff and the like while watching Season 1 on DVD, always described the show in terms of a Team Atlantis context (often including others such as Caldwell in the description of the Team) with Weir and Sheppard taking the primary place in the description of the show.

So from the material I read I always got the impression, a) that the focus of SGA was Team Atlantis with Team Sheppard an important part of that (but not the overriding mission) and b) that Weir was a central part of the story and definitely not just the Hammond/Landry type character. Indeed, most of the stuff I remember reading about SGA always started off the description of the show with Weir and either her team, or her as the leadership role for the mission, or being co-leader (civilian and military “counterparts”) with Sheppard. I guess that is in part, what always shaped my perspective of the show, and then it was cemented while watching S1. So even though I came to SGA from SG1 I never saw the show being primarily about the chief expeditionary unit/off-world team. I wonder if I’d read interviews that described SGA primarily in terms of Sheppard’s team if I would’ve come to the show from that perspective and I wonder if that explains differences in opinions of both the importance of “Team Sheppard” to SGA but also the role of Weir. If there’s inconsistency in what the audience has been told or read about the show, either before they started watching it or during the early stages, then I wonder if that influences our perspective of the show. So I’m glad you brought that up. Something for me to ponder.

Anyway, I’m definitely not saying I want every ep based within the city or anything like that, but I come to the show from the perspective that the show is about more than Team Sheppard and even when the show’s team expands to include other elements of Team Atlantis (e.g., Weir, Zalenka, Lorne etc) that it doesn’t have to be constrained to the city (e.g., Submersion).

So I favor Team Atlantis eps :D (regardless of whether they're on Atlantis or elsewhere) since I prefer the dynamics between the all the core cast (as it is currently) but I wouldn't object to seeing some (but not a majority of) eps that are Team Sheppard heavy. So I guess I have to go for Option 1 or 4 (since team in the poll meant Sheppard’s Team ;)).
Well, my opinion was initially formed from the introduction to Atlantis special, where it was said the basic paradigm was the Stargate and that the team goes through the Stargate to explore different worlds... that gave me a clue as to that's what the show would be about ;) Season 1 confirmed that, because the team of four was established very early on, at the end of Rising, and then they went off together exploring in many of the episodes, while the majority of the expedition stayed back on Atlantis.
As far as Elizabeth is concerned, her role has always been what I was led to believe it would be. She's the civilian boss, and the buck stops with her, unless it's clearly a military decision, where she defers to Sheppard. So, the show has always turned out like I thought it would in that respect.

ReganX
January 29th, 2007, 01:10 PM
I'd prefer a mix of both.

Lauriel
January 29th, 2007, 06:50 PM
Well, my opinion was initially formed from the introduction to Atlantis special, where it was said the basic paradigm was the Stargate and that the team goes through the Stargate to explore different worlds... that gave me a clue as to that's what the show would be about ;) Season 1 confirmed that, because the team of four was established very early on, at the end of Rising, and then they went off together exploring in many of the episodes, while the majority of the expedition stayed back on Atlantis.
As far as Elizabeth is concerned, her role has always been what I was led to believe it would be. She's the civilian boss, and the buck stops with her, unless it's clearly a military decision, where she defers to Sheppard. So, the show has always turned out like I thought it would in that respect.

I agree with everything you've said there, Linzi. And based on SG-1 I also expected a lot of off-world exploring. I enjoy it too! I think the main expectation of exploring the city comes from three sources -
1) The build up to finding the "Lost City" in SG-1.
2) The promo catchphrase of "A lost city will rise again" - Fair enough, it did do that, but using this as a tag line implies that the city will be central to the show, not just a base with new and pretty walls to look at.
3) The fans own inherent imagination and thirst for new and exciting storylines. :)

CalmStorm
January 29th, 2007, 06:59 PM
I would like to say team episodes that are based in Atlantis and involve the entire cast. However,

Spoiler warning on cast, just to be safe

the band is being broken up and it's lost its family like appeal, so what I would like to see in Season 4 is a "soft reset" to original casting more than anything.

Ouroboros
January 29th, 2007, 07:23 PM
I'd like to see more episodes that deal with single characters or smaller groups of them as oppossed to limiting themselves with some requirement to give everyone something to do all the time.

You could have an episode where Weir goes to an alien planet with some non military people only to become trapped or somehow placed in danger, forcing these non military people to fend for themselves.

By using less characters in a given episode that allows you to tune the episode more to work with specifically those characters. Overtime this will have the effect of everyone getting developed more.

I'd also like to see something like the largely Cylon POV episode Galactica did only with the Wraith. Show us some of the inner workings of their society and how they act when there aren't any humans around contrasted with how they act when there are.

With SG1 finished out now is the perfect time to start telling stories like this. There's a lot of characters in the Sg universe, no reason to limit things to the same 5 every week. Split them up, focus on one or a few, show what others are doing in another part of the galaxy even. Show us the whole universe beyond the gate and the various perspectives and people, not just the narrow view of a handful of folks who seem to get in an inordinate amount of danger all the time.

Commander Ivanova
January 30th, 2007, 03:28 AM
I would like to see more two-handers focusing on character interaction, but absolutely NOT in a shippy way. More along the lines of two characters being stranded together or having to work closely together, perhaps Dex/Rodney, Shep/Rodney, Zelenka and just about anyone (need to see more Dr Z).

saberhagen83
January 30th, 2007, 08:12 AM
A little of both I think. I want more exploring of Atlantis, more character driven episodes and alot of team interaction! But of course I also want some great off-world action as well. :) I also think they could use the 2 plots in 1 ep thing some more next season. We see this in "Echoes", characters are paired together and we have in a way 2 plots that connect. I thought that ep was excellent and more of that would be great in next season as well.

Irish Eyes
February 4th, 2007, 07:12 PM
I voted for Atlantis eps. I thought about what episodes turned out to be my favorites over the first three seasons and almost all of them were based in Atlantis. We get the team, plus secondary and recurring characters. I think they've done a wonderful job creating all these characters so I wish they would use them more. I get a little bored with the eps where all we see for the most part is the team offworld. That's what I expect and want to get from SG1. From Atlantis I want the whole enchilada.:D

AutumnDream
February 4th, 2007, 09:56 PM
I'd like to see less stuff like, "The WHALES are making us SEE things. They're SPEAKING to us because the SUN is going to EXPLODE!"

Like, seriously. Come on.

DefiantOne
February 5th, 2007, 10:52 AM
I agree with AutumnDream, however, the Submersion ep was cool...I would like to see more exploration of Atlantis and the rest of the planet but I do like the off world adventures so I voted for both and more wraith everywhere please but less hokum villagers who haven't a clue.

garhkal
February 19th, 2007, 03:38 AM
( I'd like to ask the mods if it's possible to have a poll here ? )

I like the team exploring the Pegasus Galaxy ( but at the same time it reminds me too much of SG-1 ), but for 3 years I've been expecting more Atlantis episodes ( underwater / the mainland maybe ).

I would like that too. Afaik, we have only seen the one continent. From space it looks like that planet has 2, plus the poles...

Also, if those 'whales' are sentient what else in the water is..

I would loveit more if they would show team and character-centric episodes like Sateda (Ronon-centric) or The Storm (the whole team)

I would not mind more of those either. But with a twist... more backround episodes. All we have seen on shep, is he is / was a helo pilot who had a somewhat sketchey backround (which is why sumner did not like him). What about Wier? Zalenka? Sadeta gave us some backround for Ronon, but what of the others?? COME ON TPTB... give us something!!

I would like to see more two-handers focusing on character interaction, but absolutely NOT in a shippy way

Kind of like Sam and Jack in solitudes?

And for me. I would like to see some -revisits-, where they go back to planets they have already been too, to keep us uptodate on those there. Unlike SG1, which has had a poor track of showing us where they are now for planets we have visited.. Like the people from Poisoning the well, or those from the Potentia. Maybe even a visit to that world the cruisers were hovering over, in Condemmed.

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
February 19th, 2007, 08:34 AM
I think there should be more Atlantis-based episodes because there's a lot of the city that we haven't seen yet, and I would like to see that.

Leiutenant Bong
February 19th, 2007, 10:01 AM
I would love to see more atlantis based episodes, but i have a feeling that we wont as it would cost more to produce the sets for these types of episodes than it would for eps where the team goes off visiting other planets, etc.

Iambob
February 19th, 2007, 01:20 PM
Will there be an option of not watching at all? :D

No lol. what reason could you possibly have to not watch it? its a great show, just because a couple f characters arent going to be around as much is no reason not to watch such a good show.

PG15
February 19th, 2007, 01:26 PM
Oh boy...you have no idea the can of worms you just opened. :p

RepliHawk
February 19th, 2007, 04:59 PM
I think there should be more Atlantis-based episodes because there's a lot of the city that we haven't seen yet, and I would like to see that.

I would like to see that too

srpskkisiin
March 27th, 2007, 11:12 AM
Sort of more ancient's world. Assencion thing and how it works, why it works etc.

http://www.baterija.org LAST episodes of the SEASON, for USA people, as brits already saw it, we didn't.