X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John on Antarctica

Hi

I may have missed this, but in 'home' john mentions home has been a research base on antarctica for 6 months.

but he didn't know anything about the stargate or ancients, and didn't seem to know rodney or carson. where was he all that time? they didn't even know he had the ancient gene until the first ep.

if this has been answered before i'm sorry
    "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
    "what?"
    *throat punch*
    My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
    LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

I think he was stationed at McMurdo(sp?) after the events in Afganistan which nearly got him court-martialed. Then when O'Neill had to go from the base to the ancient outpost he was chosen as his pilot.
    Last edited by Gen_J_O'Neill; 28 January 2007, 05:39 AM.
    sigpic
    By *E*K*R*

Comment

What he said.
      sigpic
      "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Originally posted by Gen_J_O'Neill View Post
        I think he was stationed at McMurdo(sp?) after the events in Afganistan which nearly got him court-martialed. Then when O'Neill had to go from the base to the ancient outpost he was chosen as his pilot.
        Bingo.

All Sheppard did was fly people to and from McMurdo to the Outpost. It wasn't until Beckett almost shot them both that he was even given clearance because I believe his exact words were "General O'Neill just gave me clearance". If it hadn't been for Beckett, Sheppard wouldn't have been inside the outpost let alone gotten to sit in the chair or go to Atlantis because I think it would have been hard to explain a glowing yellow torpedo flying around trying to kill them, especially when Sheppard got to see it when it stopped.

sigpic

Comment

Jack - "He likes it here"
          Daniel - "Wait...you like it here?"
          *shrug*
          Director/Editor/Writer

Comment

i have a feeling that he was probably there for maybe a month at least after that though while the final arrangements for the expifition were being made. (i actually mean a month on earth but i reckon at least part of that was spent onb the research out post.)
            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

The "research outpost" John mentions in Home could be McMurdo, or another such outpost in Antartica. I mean, aside from the tourists, most human presence in Antartica is for some kind of research or other, so anywhere in Antartica could be called "research outpost."
              Keep Carson. Keep Elizabeth.
              Keep Atlantis.

Lemming #14
              -Clueless Lemming Cretin-

Image by Cailliath

Comment

oooookay. that makes sense! thanks guys
                "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
                "what?"
                *throat punch*
                My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
                LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

Ooh, was always confused by the same thing.....so the only reason Sheppard got to go was because Beckett activated the drone and he had to get security clearence afterwards resulting in sitting in the chair.....Wow. That whole sequence makes a lot more sense now.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                    Ooh, was always confused by the same thing.....so the only reason Sheppard got to go was because Beckett activated the drone and he had to get security clearence afterwards resulting in sitting in the chair.....Wow. That whole sequence makes a lot more sense now.
                    Well it was the ATA gene and his ease at using the Chair which got him to go to Pegasus, but none of that wouldn't have happened because he never had clearance to know anything.

It wasn't until after Beckett almost killed him and O'Neill with a piece of alien technology that he was given clearance to be in the outpost, and because he didn't even know about the stargate. It shows that Sheppard until that point knew about about what was going on, and was just a pilot transporting people back and forth. If anything, he was lucky because he wouldn't have gotten to sit in the chair, or even enter the outpost until he got clearance.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                      Well it was the ATA gene and his ease at using the Chair which got him to go to Pegasus, but none of that wouldn't have happened because he never had clearance to know anything.

It wasn't until after Beckett almost killed him and O'Neill with a piece of alien technology that he was given clearance to be in the outpost, and because he didn't even know about the stargate. It shows that Sheppard until that point knew about about what was going on, and was just a pilot transporting people back and forth. If anything, he was lucky because he wouldn't have gotten to sit in the chair, or even enter the outpost until he got clearance.
                      Yes, that is exactly what I meant.

Comment

It seems an incredible coincidence that someone with an ancient gene sat in the chair mere days before they intended to set off.
                        sigpic
                        Beckett: What shall ah say?
                        Ford: Uh...Uh... I miss you... I wish you were here?
                        Beckett: I wish who was here?
                        Ford: Uh.... I dunno who do you wish was here?
                        Beckett: Nobody I wish I wasn't bloody here.

Comment

Originally posted by neurophobic_and_perfect View Post
                          It seems an incredible coincidence that someone with an ancient gene sat in the chair mere days before they intended to set off.
                          Coincidence, not so much. Contrived plot device, I'd say so.
                          sigpic
                          "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

So if it weren't for Beckett nearly killing Sheppard, then Stargate Atlantis would've never existed?
                            These are the wrong people... in the wrong place.

Comment

Well, let's see about that.

Carson doesn't nearly kill Shep ---> Shep's not given clearence, won't sit in Ancient chair ---> Atlantis expedition leaves without him ---> Arrival at Atlantis triggers power drop ---> shield collapses, people dying, trapped in puddle jumpers ---> everyone dies.

Didn't Shep pick the time jumper in Before I Sleep? If so, then he would be responsible for Weir going back in time and saving Atlantis from being destroyed when the "second" expedition came.

Confused yet?

Comment

Working...
                              X