This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quote from AT regarding S4 and other things

I am also joining the cast of Atlantis next year for 14 episodes!! I am delighted.

I have been quoted as saying that “I am contractually obligated to the franchise for another year.” This sounds incredibly cold. It’s strange sometimes to see your words in print. I want to be on the record as saying that I am very excited about the move to Atlantis. I think it’s a wonderful opportunity for the character of Carter and for me personally.

I am also aware that some people are not thrilled with the idea. I can only say that I think it will be a nice fit. I know Atlantis is not my show and I intend to tread lightly on their boards. I have a huge amount of respect for the cast and crew and hope that I will add to the show and not take away from anyone.

I have talked at great length with Joe and Paul. When they first pitched the idea to me, I was a little nervous. After talking to them I am convinced that this is a good move. They are very excited about show running Atlantis and I am sure their enthusiasm will be felt on screen.

I will also be in the two SG-1 TV movies which are shooting in April and June. I am looking at a very busy and fulfilling year. Surprisingly, I will have a bit more time off this year to spend with my family as I am only scheduled for four days per episode on Atlantis. This is perfect for me. Olivia is an absolute wonder and Alan and I are enjoying this time immensely.
    Four days per episode must mean she won't be a massive part of the show, also nice to see she doesn't want to interfere with the setup on atlantis and that she was a little nervous shows she still cares about the product after all these years

Calm down.

Yes some people will still be against it. Personally I don't mind, I've been a fan of SG-1 pretty much since we started getting it over here, and love Carter. However I also love SGA. If the move is done well I will praise it, and if there is a bad episode I will criticize the episode. I don't see the point in *****ing about the move right now when we have no idea how its going to be done or how involved the character will be in the every day runnings of Atlantis. Personally having seen SG-1 S10 Ep13 I am quite looking forward to it. Carter does have a certain something with McKay.

Xx

Comment

Where did you find this quote? Well, wherever you found it, thanks for posting it. I had a few misgivings toward AT's enthusiasm, but now I'm reassured. I'm looking forward to next season.

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

That's from AmandaTapping.com isn't it? I've seen it bandied about in a couple of threads already.

Comment

It's always nice to see people who base their opinions on nothing more than internal emotional stimuli.
          I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Why is it that whenever someone complains that they don't like something- even sight unseen- other fans feel the need to climb on their high horses and insult/condemn those who disagree? I thought the point of this thread was to discuss (yet again) AT's move to Atlantis, not to point fingers and call names at other fans.

Comment

Even though I don't like the idea of her coming to Atlantis, mostly because I'd like to see more of the "current" cast as is, I am very happy that she understands the fans concerns and intends to "tread lightly". That actually makes me feel much better. I am however, still very sad that Paul and Torri are either disappearing or being reduced. But still, the fact that AT is being mindful of the fans makes me like and respect her more. So, since she is doing so, I'll back her 100%.

Thanks Amanda, it's really appreciated.
              Wraith, the OTHER white meat.
              Loyalty above all else, except Honor.

Comment

People who don't like it can wait and see. People who do like it can squee.

If it turns out to be a bad fit for any or all of the reasons people have mentioned. I'm sure you wont let us live it down.

Comment

Joseph Mallozzi posted in his blog about Sam coming to atlantis

Anonymous writes: “I think what has a lot of people worried (and maybe we don't need to be) is the fear that [Carter] will TAKE OVER and be in charge while Sheppard and Rodney get shoved to the sidelines because she thinks she is "better" than they are in both military and science areas. Yeah probably won't happen since she is a guest character but I think a little reassurance is needed for some of us.”

Answer: Consider yourself reassured.

Trini writes: “…many SGA fans fear that the enormous growth Rodney has shown over the seasons will be nullified; they fear that, since Rodney is rather smitten with Sam, he would have eyes only for her and care only about her, instead of about Sheppard and his team. Are there any reassurances you could offer us? Will the friendship between the members of Sheppard's team still be developed once Carter has joined Atlantis?”

Answer: Carter’s entering the mix will certainly make for some fun interactions between the two, but the last time I checked McKay was already in a happy relationship. As for the friendship between Sheppard’s team - we already have some stories in the works.

GateGipsy: “ On the flipside, doesn't the character of Sam actually duplicate many of the skills and special attributes of existing characters?”

Answer: If you look at it that way, Zelenka duplicates many of McKay’s skills and special attributes and the same could be said with regard to Lorne vis-?*-vis Sheppard.
                  Weir: He's just a boy!
                  Jinto: I am Jinto.
                  Sheppard: She's pleased to meet you.

I miss Jinto.

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger View Post
                    It's always nice to see people who base their opinions on nothing more than internal emotional stimuli.
                    Well... Basing our opinions on whether or not to send more American troops to Iraq based solely on "internal emotional stimuli" would be a bad idea. But whether or not I think Godiva's chocolate is better than Hershey's? What else would one base that opinion on other than "internal emotional stimuli"?

Also, those of you who say "people who think X would do Y" before anyone has any chance to say anything in a thread -- whatever happened to "Let's wait and see what happens before rushing to judgement"?

I too appreciate Amanda's understanding and respect of fans' feelings, and hope TPTB take their cue from her example.
                    Keep Carson. Keep Elizabeth.
                    Keep Atlantis.

Lemming #14
                    -Clueless Lemming Cretin-

Image by Cailliath

Comment

I think Amanda is fabulous. I respect the hell out of her and don't envy the position she's in. I'll also say that she shows a lot more sensitivity and understanding than a lot of fandom. I knew there was a reason I liked her.

Comment

Sorry if I offended anyone I was a little angry at the time and I should not have posted.

Comment

well, there is just no pleasing everyone. The object is to make moves that the majority of the fans will like. SC is the most plyable character. AT has a large fan base and is in general really good to work with. I have yet to hear of an actors who don't want to work with her.

Daniel would be great on Atlantis but I think he would dwarf out too many of the other cast. Teal'c is already there in the form of Ronon. I have no idea what Teyla's purpose is now.

Mark Sterns of skiffy was quoted that he wanted to see some of SG-1 cast on Atlantis. There could be a contract obligation to be fulfilled too.

I do hope to see MS do a couple of guest shows on SGA but not stay there. However, it sounds like MS is moving on to other things so that's unlikely now.
                          Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

i think people are not so much against carter but against what they fear M&M will do to their show and favourite characters carter included. and considering M&M are responsible for SG! S9&10 as well as eppisodes such as irrisistable and irrisponsable the fear is justified. especially since demoted to reccuring in atlantis means one more story before they kill you.
                            Say No to M.R.S (mathew reily syndrome)

Comment

If it was the Sam of season six or earlier I'd be a lot more comfortable, but the Sam of season ten combined with M&M being in charge AND all the other cast changes and the worrisome comment of a "soft reset" adds up to a very uneasy feeling.

No fault of Amanda's, of course, I still think she's wonderful. It's Sam I don't like anymore, it's SG-1 that I despise, and it's M&M whose idea of "good" I find repugnant.

Comment

Working...
                              X