Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wraith Inspiration? (Atari's "Atlantis")

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wraith Inspiration? (Atari's "Atlantis")

Hey guys,

I was just surfing around and found a pretty cool old videogame commercial website.

They have one in particular that might interest you. It is for the 1982 Atari game "Atlantis" by Imagic, and the character shown is supposed to be an Atlantian I take it... but then he turns into a Gorgon.. The Wraith look strikingly similar to this guy... maybe he was inspiration for their look? There's not a lot plot wise to dig up on the game, but if anyone has the instructions... that could tell us more. Anywho, check it out
    http://www.theoldcomputer.com/Libara...magic00.112.rm

-Fhqwhgads
    Last edited by Fhqwhgads; 05 September 2004, 08:40 PM.

LOL... Wonderful acting and amazing video games on the 80's!

Yeah, that's pretty cool. It does look kinda like the wraith.. although I doubt they were an inspiration. But who knows?

BTW.. don't just think that it is the case for Atlantis. Stargate also has roots in video games (link includes advertisement video)

http://www.jmpc.com/Starcade/games/stargate.htm

Comment

mm i dont see the resemblance.

Comment

Man, thanks for that link! Odd seeing those commercials after 22 years! ;p
        O'Neill: "Well, we'll just have to cross that bridge when we come to it."
        Bra'tac: "No, the bridge is too well guarded."

Comment

what a high tech game, such good graphics!

It does sort of look like the wraith, except it looks more like something from the 70s, like startrek

Comment

Ohh man that was, so cool thanks for the Memory. I owned that game Atlantis and I remembered the commercial like it was yesterday. I was 12yrs old in 82

Comment

No problem peeps.. I never played Atlantis before, back in '82 the Vectrex was all the rage for me. Apparently Atlantis was "thee game" though... I dunno.. don't see the big deal. Space Invaders meets Missle Command, then throw in a legend like the story of Atlantis, and I guess you have yourself a winner.

The guy looks very Wraith-like to me though.. I just wish I had a better video of it, or a still image.

Comment

Working...
              X