This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many episodes will Weir be in?

Does anyone know how many episodes Dr. Wier will be in? So far, all I know is that she'll be reduced to a recurring role. In SG-1 Season 9, Carter is in 15 episodes with a cameo in one more. In SG-1 Season 10, Daniel is in 16 episodes. In Season 9, Tapping is listed in the opening credits. In Season 10, Shanks is listed in the opening credits.

Unfortunately, I think this means Wier will be in 15 or less episodes. As long as it's at least 10, that should be enough, I guess...

She could be in more than ten episodes. heck, she could be in 14 or 15 for all we know. AT is has a recurring role and she's going to be in 14. If she is going to remain the Atlantis leader, she needs to be in more than half the episodes.
    I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger View Post
      She could be in more than ten episodes. heck, she could be in 14 or 15 for all we know. AT is has a recurring role and she's going to be in 14. If she is going to remain the Atlantis leader, she needs to be in more than half the episodes.
      At this moment it is unkown. But I do agree with Avenger on the point that if she is to remain she needs to be in atleast 10 if not more. My guess is her role will simply become more "hammond" like ie less screen time but still an intregal part of the operation.
      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

We don't know.

Those who say otherwise are wrong unless:

1. It's their opinion; there are no wrong opinions. Or...
        2. They have a trusted source, i.e. one of TPTB.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
          We don't know.

Those who say otherwise are wrong unless:

1. It's their opinion; there are no wrong opinions. Or...
          2. They have a trusted source, i.e. one of TPTB.
          Only time will tell. Not TPTB.
          Vancouver Con is coming in March. Perhaps we can sneak the question in an interview of someone who knows?

Comment

Why was Dr Weir even in the latest episode (Submersion), they've obviously been clutching at straws to include Torri in every single episode... this will end up being beneficial to the story in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by knowsfords View Post
              Why was Dr Weir even in the latest episode (Submersion)
              Cause she's better at reading ancient then the rest of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Franklyn Blaze View Post
                Cause she's better at reading ancient then the rest of them.
                And we've seen her read Ancient in maybe 2-3 eps out of three seasons.!!
                sigpic

Comment

Offhand I've seen her reading ancient atleast twice in the second half of season 3. Tao of Rodney and Echoes.
                  Not including someone proficient in Ancient is like flying blind. Very stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa
                    Which is the fault of the writers, not utilising the character to her full potential. There's a lot they could do with her, but they take the easy way out, right down to bringing in a character with a ten year history because they already know what to do with her.

What they should be doing is developing their existing characters to their full potential, includng Elizabeth. Hell, Teyla's also severely neglected. TPTB use the female characters as wallpaper when they could be so much more.
                    Having the commander able to read ancient is great and all, but why they don't have someone on the primary team that goes through the gate is completely beyond me. It would have been far better for the show if Teyla could read ancient.

Comment

McKay reads ancient, guys.

Comment

Not that well if Weir has to come along to help out.

Comment

I thought McKay could read some Ancient, not much (and I can only say this up until the mid-season finale, not past), but Weir seems to be the one always translating. What about Wraith written language? Don't remember, can Teyla read it? I know there was an epi where Weir was translating it, so she's also good there. Weir is like Daniel Jackson: moral center, negotiator and linguist. If she was just leader, then yah, reduce her to Hammond size, but she's not. There's plenty they could have her character do, they just don't. Same with Teyla, who's (with exception of a scene or two) has been reduced to a few lines and toting a gun.
                          I knew it! I knew it! Well, not in the sense of having the slightest idea, but I knew there was something I didn't know!
                          - Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Comment

They all need language lessons. Bring surrounded by ancient stuff you would think they would at least make an attempt to become proficient in it. Yet we see no evidence of this.

Comment

I hope they don't cut Dr Weir's charactor right down in Atlantis she is a good actress and if she was given a chance could be more than she is now, what are the writers doing do they want to kill off Atlantis along with SG-1.

Matt

Rhyddid Ar gyfer Cymru

Comment

Working...
                              X