X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lego Stargate + Instruction Manual

Hi everyone,

Numerous people have asked me about the Stargate that I made out of Lego and put on display at the Toronto Trek 18 sci-fi convention this year. As a result, I have put up a web-page with pictures and instructions. I’m passing on the link in case anyone on this forum is interested in building one of their own. Check it out at :

http://yoda.ca/lego_stargate/lego_stargate.htm

The set is fairly extensive and includes (in no order) :
    - STARGATE with 7 chevrons, as per the show
    - Mount, with 6 wheels and extendible robotic arm
    - Command Centre with missile turret
    - Gun turret
    - SG-1 Team mini-figures in green camouflage gear, including vests and arm patches with proper team number
    - Teal’c mini-figure with head tattoo (but no hair, inspired from pre-season 8 episodes)
    - SG-11 Team in dessert gear, including arm patches with proper team number
    - Jaffa with armour vests & skirts, cobra head gear and staff weapons (to scale)
    - General Hammond in dress uniform
    - Walter Davis, trusty STARGATE operator

The set as a whole is made of over 515 individual Lego pieces (not including mini-figures).

Christopher Judge was a guest at Toronto Trek 18 and I had the honour of showing him the set and asking his thoughts on it. He liked it and was nice enough to pose for a few photos. I ended up giving him the Lego Teal’c to say thanks.

If anyone has any questions about the set, please feel free to PM or email me.

Jason

Haha, that is great!
    O'Neill: "Well, we'll just have to cross that bridge when we come to it."
    Bra'tac: "No, the bridge is too well guarded."

Comment

That's incredible. It must have taken you ages. I love the little Jaffa. And you've made an instruction book too...

:its and waits for Firstborn to be old enough to want to play Stargate Lego with his mummy::

Madeleine

Comment

These are amazing - defo must have taken ages and I love the Serpent Guards

Comment

Originally posted by TheWarrior
          These are amazing - defo must have taken ages and I love the Serpent Guards
          The set took over a year to build, with three prior prototypes that I may post pictures of one day if I'm not too embarrassed (they were horrible!). I went through 4 or 5 Serpent warrior costumes before finally coming up with this design. I had lots of fun building the set, which is what is important.

J.

Comment

And you met Chris Judge!

Awesome set man!

Comment

That set was insanely cool! Great stuff!
              Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

It looks fantastic!
                "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

wow, I totally love those jaffa, they totally rule

Comment

OMG OMG OMG!!!! (flaps arms madly)

That is toooooooooooooooo-ooooo cooooooool. Wooooooow!!!!

Comment

Whoah - this is brilliant! The Stargate and stuff are great, but you just gotta *love* the little figures! I used to play with Lego as a child and built spaceships, but this is *incredible*!

Thanks to bling for the great sig!
                      Proud Hussy of Babylon (tm) and resident linguist
                      ~CELLO!~
                      ~Proud member of the official Dr Radek Zelenka Fan Club!~

Comment

incredible you must have had too much time on your hands lol
                        Very nice. if I can find my old Lego sets I'll try to recreate it
                        Today Is Yesterdays Tomorrow

Comment

I want Stargate Legos! That is really neat. Great job. I especially love the Jaffa lego people. They are the best
                          Daniel:Nyet
                          Jack: Daniel?
                          Daniel: He just asked me if we were Soviet Spies. I just...
                          Jack: Nyet???

Comment

wow! thats awesome. Must have taken you days to figure and build it. Good detail. Wish I had enough time to do that. Damn school.
                            Loved the serpent guards and jaffa figures. Is lego doing stargate already? I want some!!! Not fair!

Comment

Whoooooaaaaa, way cool!!!!! Again, must have taken forever. I can't believe you got those little cobra-head masks & uniforms. That in itself is quite a major accomplishment!

My only quibble would be that General Hammond, while he looks handsome indeed in his dress uniform, is bald.

However, as Jacob would say, Holy Hannah!! You're a devoted SG-1 fan, no doubt!!! WTG!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X