Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

my complaint with episode 12 (spoiilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my complaint with episode 12 (spoiilers)

Okay. The story is like this: They get a destress call from a bacvkwater village in som remopte jaffa village. Cool enough. Noen of these have a taoo in they`re forehead.Then the SG1 arrives and they tries to hide the entire village by using the devcce that makes things out of fase. And that in itself means that they are in abither dimention, which in itself angain means it it not visible. That`s most of the episode.

Episode 12 of seson 10 of the SG1 was the worst episode ever. Would really SGC send they`re top team, the SG1, to clear up some small sjingamajig, when Dr Daniel Jackson is captured by the ..O...something. Oray, or Ohray Perhaps?They would use a lot of they`re sesources to track him down, and get him back.This i sa very unrealistic episode.

Character develpoment is a quite important thing to get in each and every episode.If not, they are stagnated and complitely out of fase. And that`s not a good thing. Unless your name s Tealc, and haven`t made a single facial expreccion since episode 2, season 2. Which I can remember quite clearly, with the snake in his stomach and all.

Originally posted by swallov.gullet View Post
    Episode 12 of seson 10 of the SG1 was the worst episode ever. Would really SGC send they`re top team, the SG1, to clear up some small sjingamajig, when Dr Daniel Jackson is captured by the ..O...something. Oray, or Ohray Perhaps?They would use a lot of they`re sesources to track him down, and get him back.This i sa very unrealistic episode.
    They dont even know where he is and how are they supposed to save him from the Ori battleship? They can't even fight the Priors so it would be pretty much a suicide mission to try until an opportunity arises. As for sending help to a village, you forget that it was also a test of Merlin's device which may be the last hope Earth has against the Ori threat because quite frankly, if they did bring Daniel back, he isnt going to magically wave his hand and the Ori disappear.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

So your complaint why this is the 'supposed' worst episode ever is simply because SG-1 is sent to help a primitive backwater village.

You obviously haven't been paying attention when you watched it then. The whole purpose of it, was to test Merlin's Device out. Carter was the one who had made the modifications to it, hence she had to be the one conducting the test. Thus SG-1 also having experience of the Ori compared to anyone else, would be the only team to have in such a situation.

This was uber advanced technology being used properly for the 1st time, therefore required the top team to oversee it. Obviously they wanted to help the villagers out if they could as much as humanly possible, but the main point of the mission was to get a proper test in for the device to see how it functioned during real-life conditions.

Comment

So your complaing about it because you don't understand it AND you think that this should have been a charater deveolpment. Those are the worst reasons I had ever heard. In fact from what you said. I seriously doubt you've seen the episode.
        Okay. The story is like this: They get a destress call from a bacvkwater village in som remopte jaffa village. Cool enough. Noen of these have a taoo in they`re forehead.Then the SG1 arrives and they tries to hide the entire village by using the devcce that makes things out of fase. And that in itself means that they are in abither dimention, which in itself angain means it it not visible. That`s most of the episode.
        If you watched the episode, you would know there is more than this (which was the first 10 minutes)

Character develpoment is a quite important thing to get in each and every episode.If not, they are stagnated and complitely out of fase. And that`s not a good thing. Unless your name s Tealc, and haven`t made a single facial expreccion since episode 2, season 2. Which I can remember quite clearly, with the snake in his stomach and all.
        Its Ori, and there has been enough charater development for a view episodes. Your points are awful, to be frank. And if english isn't your first language then I apologise, but spelling!

Joe Mallozzi: "Like my grandmother used to say: Whenever a gate closes, a hyperspace window opens…"

Comment

Am I correct to assume English is not your first language? lol.

Say hello to my little friend!!

Comment

Of course we use a backwater village to test the device, so we know that it works when they attack something important.

Doh.

Comment

They used that village because that was the village about to be attacked. They could have picked any village they wanted, but it would be pretty useless to test if the village is safe from Ori attack if the village isn't being attacked by the Ori.

The reason none of the people in the 'jaffa village' has tatoos on their head is because they were human, not Jaffa.
              "For now, you are in need of food and rest, and I am in need of armor"

Comment

I don't speak engrish

HERMIOD: 'Crap' indeed.

Comment

you do a pretty good job though.
                  Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Overall, I thought "Line In The Sand" was a great episode. To each their own though.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by ItsDan View Post
                      The reason none of the people in the 'jaffa village' has tatoos on their head is because they were human, not Jaffa.
                      It's pretty simple when you just think about it for, like, two seconds.
                      I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Before you consider what I'm about to say as an insult I'm going on two presumptions here. First that you don't speak good english and second that you havent cared for SG-1 in a while. First you obviously don't pay attention to episodes if you don't even know who the main enemy is. They have no way of knowing where Daniel is and the SGC is not about to let the Ori destroy any world. We are about helping people that can't help themselves as well as protecting our world. Also teal'c hasnt had a snake since late season 6 and character development has been great. Just wait and watch RNT and Shroud and you will see more development.
                        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

They didn't have Tatoos because they were HUMAN not Jaffa

They went there to test the phase thingy, and they can't save Daniel because the don't know where he is.

On a side note, your post had the most spelling mistakes I have seen in a GW post. Let me translate

"Okay. The story is like this: They get a distress call from a backwater village in some remote jaffa village. Cool enough. None of these have a tattoo on their forehead. Then the SG1 arrives and they tries to hide the entire village by using the device that makes things out of phase. And that in itself means that they are in another dimension, which in itself again means it it not visible. That`s most of the episode.

Episode 12 of season 10 of the SG1 was the worst episode ever. Would really SGC send their top team, the SG1, to clear up some small sjingamajig, when Dr Daniel Jackson is captured by the ..O...something. Oray, or Ohray Perhaps? They would use a lot of they`re resources to track him down, and get him back.This is a very unrealistic episode.

Character development is a quite important thing to get in each and every episode.If not, they are stagnated and completely out of phase. And that`s not a good thing. Unless your name is Teal'c, and haven`t made a single facial expression since episode 2, season 2. Which I can remember quite clearly, with the snake in his stomach and all."

Red Text = I was not sure what it meant
                          Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                            Before you consider what I'm about to say as an insult I'm going on two presumptions here. First that you don't speak good english and second that you havent cared for SG-1 in a while. First you obviously don't pay attention to episodes if you don't even know who the main enemy is. They have no way of knowing where Daniel is and the SGC is not about to let the Ori destroy any world. We are about helping people that can't help themselves as well as protecting our world. Also teal'c hasnt had a snake since late season 6 and character development has been great. Just wait and watch RNT and Shroud and you will see more development.
                            i didn't want to say it myself but your right.

Don't say an episode is bad when you don't have the slightest idea what's going on!
                            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                              i didn't want to say it myself but your right.

Don't say an episode is bad when you don't have the slightest idea what's going on!
                              Exactly.
                              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Working...
                              X