Flight Speed: Neo Vs Superman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flight Speed: Neo Vs Superman

So, who do you think would be faster in a flight race?
    Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Thats pretty tough.

I'd go Neo just.
    Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

superman of course with out a doubt

the speed of light is very fast

neo he can fly fast but not that fast than superman

unless neo used the matrix to make a hyperspace generator ans strap it on his back then YES
      sigpic

Comment

Can't Neo manipulate the Matrix in anyway he chooses, so Neo in the matrix, Superman in the real world
        Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac View Post
          Can't Neo manipulate the Matrix in anyway he chooses, so Neo in the matrix, Superman in the real world
          That was my reasoning too...
          Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac View Post
            But Neo couldnt manipulate super-Smith (in Revolution when Smith was as strong as Neo)! He had to fight him the old fashion way!

And he cant manipulate teh Train Man either in fact Train Man can beat Neo! (yeah i know some ppl say the Train Station is not teh Matrix but i dont know WTF theyre talking about, Train Station is virtual reality therefore it is teh Matrix).

Comment

Originally posted by The_New_Anubis View Post
              But Neo couldnt manipulate super-Smith (in Revolution when Smith was as strong as Neo)! He had to fight him the old fashion way!

And he cant manipulate teh Train Man either in fact Train Man can beat Neo! (yeah i know some ppl say the Train Station is not teh Matrix but i dont know WTF theyre talking about, Train Station is virtual reality therefore it is teh Matrix).
              The training programs used on the ships were also virtual reality but not part of the matrix. IIRC, the train station wasn't a part of the matrix, but it was connected to it.

Comment

Originally posted by TheUnknown View Post
                The training programs used on the ships were also virtual reality but not part of the matrix. IIRC, the train station wasn't a part of the matrix, but it was connected to it.
                Your right about the training progs

But Train Station is different: like you say its conected to teh Matrix so if its a virtual reality connected to the Matrix then what else can it be but (part of) Matrix?

If its a virtual reality then its either create by A) humans or B) machines and we know humans didnt create the Train Station (or even the Matrix) therefore its the MACHINES that created the train station but if the machines created it then it HAS to be part of teh Matrix right? (cause thats what Matrix is: "Matrix"="virtual reality created by the machines")

Or did i miss something? Is there like a 2nd machine world or somethng that created another seperate virtual reality (like teh Train Station) and that machine world is in competition with the 1st machine world?

Comment

Originally posted by The_New_Anubis View Post
                  Your right about the training progs

But Train Station is different: like you say its conected to teh Matrix so if its a virtual reality connected to the Matrix then what else can it be but (part of) Matrix?

If its a virtual reality then its either create by A) humans or B) machines and we know humans didnt create the Train Station (or even the Matrix) therefore its the MACHINES that created the train station but if the machines created it then it HAS to be part of teh Matrix right? (cause thats what Matrix is: "Matrix"="virtual reality created by the machines")

Or did i miss something? Is there like a 2nd machine world or somethng that created another seperate virtual reality (like teh Train Station) and that machine world is in competition with the 1st machine world?
                  The train station is a virtual reality world created by machines yes, but that doesn't mean it is the same as the Matrix. The Matrix is a program with very specific rules that allow Neo to control and shape it, whereas the train station doesn't have the rule that allows Neo to do that. I don't really know enough about computers and programming to come up with a good analogy to describe it, suffice it to say they use a different program to do similar things.

Originally posted by wise one View Post
                  superman of course with out a doubt

the speed of light is very fast

neo he can fly fast but not that fast than superman

unless neo used the matrix to make a hyperspace generator ans strap it on his back then YES
                  What does the speed of light have to do with anything, Supes can't fly at speed of light.
                  All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
                    What does the speed of light have to do with anything, Supes can't fly at speed of light.
                    superman can fly near the speed of light, making him nearly uncatchable
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wise one View Post
                      superman can fly near the speed of light, making him nearly uncatchable
                      Yes in the same way that I can run near the speed of a Cheetah, the only DC hero to ever reach light speed was the Flash, actually a few of the Flashes. Superman is very fast yes, but not speed of light fast.
                      All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
                        Yes in the same way that I can run near the speed of a Cheetah, the only DC hero to ever reach light speed was the Flash, actually a few of the Flashes. Superman is very fast yes, but not speed of light fast.
                        SKEEN!
                        sigpic

Comment

What?

Comment

Superman 1978 movie: Superman flies so fast he goes back in time to save Lois...

Game, Set, Match.
                            Thanks for playing

Comment

Originally posted by CloneMe View Post
                              Superman 1978 movie: Superman flies so fast he goes back in time to save Lois...

Game, Set, Match.
                              Thanks for playing
                              He used the Earth's gravity to perform a slingshot manuever, accelerating him beyond a speed he would be able to attain by himself, and he did it multiple times. I can walk at about 5 mph, but using the Earth's gravity I can fall at about 110 mph, that's basically what he did, he fell really fast.

Comment

Working...
                              X