This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ghostbusters VS Ascended Beings

i going for the ghostbusters but on the otherhand ascended being are powerful

just thought i might do a fun thread
    sigpic

I gotta go with the Ghostbusters. They took on a demi-god (Gozer) in their first movie; that's gotta be on par with an ascended being, right?
    Mammals suck!

"Real men don't need inertia dampers."

Check out my GURPS campaign setting wiki, Islands of War!

Stop sending me friendship requests. I will deny them all, regardless of who they come from.

Comment

Originally posted by ascendedancient42 View Post
      I gotta go with the Ghostbusters. They took on a demi-god (Gozer) in their first movie; that's gotta be on par with an ascended being, right?
      I was under the impression that a demi-god was a god in human form such as Adria

And in the second movie they fought someone who would be the equivalent of a prior

Though it would be a good for the movie, they take the Ghostbusters to the Ori galaxy with them and power the ship from captured ascended beings

Comment

I think you're all forgetting the most formidable foe the Ghostbusters ever took on: The Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man! Any group who can turn a 10 storey man made of dessert into a pile of goo should easily be able to defeat a few ascended beings, no problem.

Comment

SG-Ghostbusters Unit !!! Cool !!!

Comment

i can just see it

the ori are here

we are locked out the gate, who are we gonna call?

GHOSTBUSTERS!!!!
            sigpic

Comment

hahahaha

Comment

i'm gonna have that song in my head all day now lol. but i vote for ghostbusters, all the way!
                "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
                "what?"
                *throat punch*
                My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
                LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

the battle to end all battles (cue dramatic Lord of the Rings music )

the Ascended would meet their match in the ghostbusters...i can see it now,

Stargate the Arch of truth, stranded in the Ori galaxy the team manage to locate the arch of truth and inside the chest is a mobile phone...
                  Who you gonna call?
                  Ghostbusters!

maybe we should turn this into a poll!
                  Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Now that I think of it Venkman and O'Neill would get along real well. So would Egon and Carter.
                    "I'm the greatest because I'm alive. That's it. Period.
                    I'm not greedy. If I can catch a Goa'uld equipped with all kinds of fancy toys without risking my neck that's a damn good compromise."

Spoiler:

Comment

Possible titles include...

STARGATE: GHOSTBUSTERS
                      GHOSBUSTERS 3: THE STARGATE

When the Ori Prior comes through the Stargate... when the Ori army descends upon Earth... when we face converting to an alien religion or extermination... who are you going to call?

*cue Ghostbusters theme song*

Comment

" Hi, this is Larry King. The phone-in topic Today: "Ghosts and Ghostbusting." The controversy builds, more sightings are reported, some maintain that these professional paranormal eliminators in Colorado Springs are the cause of it all. "

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
                          Possible titles include...

STARGATE: GHOSTBUSTERS
                          GHOSBUSTERS 3: THE STARGATE

I really like the second title. It makes me think that this would really be a cool idea. Putting two of my favorite things together is just priceless. Plus my youngest would get all excited about it. She just loves the Ghostbuster movies.

Quick Question: Who would Ray be paired up with? and Zeddmore??
                          Just sitting here at the computer..typing my life away!

Comment

How about Ghostbusters who are ascended beings? That would be really kick butt.

Comment

Ghostbusters!!! They can sort out the Ori too.
                              I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                              Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Working...
                              X